PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Suggestion

B34RM4ST3R
02-15-2014, 02:26 AM
Hi guys. Take your cookies, coffee, tea - the following is a lot of text. :)
I'm playing AC series since the first chapter and was totally surprised to see a multiplayer in ACB and I'm glad it is growing each year but there are some things that must be implemented and other things which I want to suggest.

Now let's talk about suggestions.
The main idea I have in mind - to make analogue of "rock-paper-scissors" game without sacrificing other basic gameplay elements.
Let me explain: from now on all players have access to 3 types of weapons: 1) hidden blades (small knifes etc); 2) daggers (or some other small weaponry - hooks for example); and 3) swords , (hammers, spears or muskets just like in AC3). So now player carries 3 weapons which he can choose during gameplay to kill his victims.
Let's go deeper: hidden blades get more points during assassinations (for example - the highest score you can get now is using poison, so hidden blades will be the 2nd most valuable silent weaponry). So with maximum concentration you can get, for example, 1000 points. Also you get highest reward for aerial kills using this weapon. But you have no any bonuses if you lost all your concentration and you can get like 50 points even without any resistance from your victim.
Daggers: are less silent but still you can kill your target without getting any attention and you also can get maximum concentration assassination with, for example, maximum of 900 points. Aerial kills get you less points than hidden blades but still more than swords (which I'll explain later). But daggers have advantage before hidden blades chasing a target - you can get, again, for example, 150 or 200 points even if your victim watned to stun you.
Swords: no silent kills at all. I mean you can't get an assassination using this weapon even with maximum concentration. Aerial kills are the same as with daggers BUT you have total advantage by chasing your target - you get 200-300 points even with zero concentration even if your victim wanted to stun you. Maximum concentration counts but not as assassination - 500 points. As side effect - all people turn around and surprised by your actions - just like during action scenes we have in almost every match.

Every weapon can be selected just like in singleplayer using standard buttons (1, 2, 3, 4) or can be customized in settings.

Let's go to my "rock-paper-scissors" idea. This idea uses all mentioned features with weaponry.
From now on the victim can kill his pursuer but only if victim selected his target with lock and have full concentration bar. If concentration bar is not full - we have an old scenario - stun or die or die trying. Now let me explain: hidden blades counter swords, dagger counters hidden blades, sword counters dagger. Imagine face-to-face situation with your pursuer, you have selected him with lock and you got a full concentraion bar on him - now you have a chance to kill him. And from this moment "rock-paper-scissors" starts to work. Of course every situation must be properly animated - epic short fight "hidden blades vs sword" or "dagger vs sword" etc. For killing your pursuer you can get only 250-300 points as maximum (too keep it balanced so people won't chase their pursuers instead of their contracts) - a bit more than just stun but not much as killing.
Now you will ask what happens if both players choose same weapon and the answer is simple - victim loses but gets 150 points (a bit more than in "die trying" situation).
As additional feature - choosing a weapon also has an animation. For example, if you chose sword - your character keeps his hand on hilt. Dagger? - stealthy takes a dagger in his hand and carries it. Hidden blades? - no animation (that's why they are hidden blades).

Now try to think about number of variations of situations according to fact that there are still many perks, but all which was suggested agitates and motivates a player to play his own style or be totally stealthy. Ofc, there must be some balance corrections with rewards for kills I mentioned but I brought an idea.
Now imagine you can customize 3 weapons for you character which look differently, take their own unique place on your costume and as a feature, by the way, there can be some exceptions - you can buy a dagger which can counter swords or you can buy a dagger with gives you 100% win in "dagger vs dagger" situation when you are the victim and so on...

Implementations:
First of all - why is there no any bushes in multiplayer? We have this gameplay element since AC3 (singleplayer) and I was a bit frustrated that there are still no any bushes in AC4 multiplayer. A bit stupid for multiplayer? - maybe, but it would bring some new elements to gameplay. I'm not talking about these symbolic stealth elements from singleplayer when everyone could see Connor or Edward in bushes - first of all I mean bushes through which nothing can be seen (players/game characters).
Second thing - peek around the corner? Would be really nice in killer mode.

Thank you for your attention. If you like the idea - just keep this thread alive so devs can see it and maybe someday we will see some of these suggestions in game.
You are free to critique or bring some thoughts of course.

byte_x
02-15-2014, 04:08 AM
here is the list of the game developers that care about suggestions and wants of their consumers:

playlisting
02-15-2014, 06:08 PM
here is the list of the game developers that care about suggestions and wants of their consumers:

XD. Though in all fairness, I think Ubisoft took time to listen to the community when AC II was released. I read that they looked on the forums and on many reviews and took a massive list, and sorted through all the issues. This is probably why AC II was so great. I don't think they care as much now because Assassin's Creed is a hugely popular series and they'll make heaps of $ whether they listen to suggestions or not. It's a shame but probably true.

guidomista
02-15-2014, 06:22 PM
XD. Though in all fairness, I think Ubisoft took time to listen to the community when AC II was released. I read that they looked on the forums and on many reviews and took a massive list, and sorted through all the issues. This is probably why AC II was so great. I don't think they care as much now because Assassin's Creed is a hugely popular series and they'll make heaps of $ whether they listen to suggestions or not. It's a shame but probably true.

Totally agree.