PDA

View Full Version : New AC initiates pic

xryanx28
02-15-2014, 01:42 AM
I have no clue what this is. It was just released today. https://acinitiates.com/#!/database/surveillance/alone-in-the-dark . Does anybody know? https://d3g2nk6vkhinf0.cloudfront.net/content-data/database/surveillance/SVG_AloneInTheDark_L.jpg

IWGCJoeCool
02-15-2014, 02:14 AM
nope, but themz definitely childbearing hips....taking a walk near St. Basil's

xryanx28
02-15-2014, 02:43 AM
ac5 confirmed. female in russia

silvermercy
02-15-2014, 02:54 AM
At first I thought Russia. But it looks like Aveline in Paris to me. Maybe she visited Russia. lol

Gibbo2g_83
02-15-2014, 03:22 AM
Going by the shape of her outfit this looks a lot moderner to what we have had before. Maybe this is the new present day character.

xryanx28
02-15-2014, 03:30 AM
At first I thought Russia. But it looks like Aveline in Paris to me. Maybe she visited Russia. lol

no its russia. if you click the acnitiates link i put in the op it says the location is russia

AdamPearce
02-15-2014, 03:50 AM
Gavin's team is headed to Russia...

Goxxi
02-15-2014, 03:55 AM
no its russia. if you click the acnitiates link i put in the op it says the location is russia

U put in tha what ?

Sorry I am not sure that I undarstood U , I've just opened the link and what do I do now ?

Consus_E
02-15-2014, 05:55 AM
Me thinks we hath seen the last of ye o'l Floating Tablet, an this lass who fancies walking in winter will be our replacement...

Eve?

ACLexter
02-15-2014, 06:32 AM
more clue, just reveal the AC5 :nonchalance: we can't wait.

Gavin's team is headed to Russia...

Who are they? ^

guardian_titan
02-15-2014, 06:59 AM
If you click on the link, log into Initiates, and look at the date that comes with the picture, it says:
MOSCOW // RUSSIA // 2014-02-15 // 03:53
ALONE IN THE DARK
The image is not of a historical assassin. It's just a modern person in Moscow. So either the modern day portion takes us to Moscow in the next game, or it's just part of the Initiates story to setup the next game but is not a location we will visit. Lot of the entries prior to this one dealt with Japan and are modern day entries, too. So I'd take this with a grain of salt.

Helps to look at everything and not just a tiny piece. It's interesting, but I can't say it's a real clue to the next game. Russia already got a comic with Nikolai so a game is not likely to happen soon.

On a side note, these capchas are annoying and aren't doing a thing to stop spammers. :mad:

Aphex_Tim
02-15-2014, 08:21 AM
U put in tha what ?

That's what she said.

Ignacio_796
02-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Next to the place where ''Alone in the Dark'' takes place there is a lake and in front of that lake there is a station called ''Krasnopresnenskaya''.
I have been looking for information of this place in wikipedia and that its what i found:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krasnopresnenskaya
In this article of wikipedia its mentioned that the station has references to the Russian Revolution.
Here's the place in Google Maps:
https://maps.google.es/maps?q=krasnopresnenskaya&ie=UTF-8&ei=tE3_UoOAH_CV7AbN1IH4Cg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ

ACLexter
02-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Next to the place where ''Alone in the Dark'' takes place there is a lake and in front of that lake there is a station called ''Krasnopresnenskaya''.
I have been looking for information of this place in wikipedia and that its what i found:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krasnopresnenskaya
In this article of wikipedia its mentioned that the station has references to the Russian Revolution.
Here's the place in Google Maps:
https://maps.google.es/maps?q=krasnopresnenskaya&ie=UTF-8&ei=tE3_UoOAH_CV7AbN1IH4Cg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ

Orelov's Son? :nonchalance:

GunnerGalactico
02-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Whoah!.. Russia!.. I'm so excited if that is the setting. The setting itself is very exciting, a lot tall buildings in Moscow and St. Petersburg. Fascinating history and I really do fancy chasing targets and fighting on a moving train.

Hans684
02-15-2014, 01:35 PM
Or maybe the present day of ACV will be in Russia.

ACLexter
02-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Or maybe the present day of ACV will be in Russia.

Possible,
I miss Desmond now, possibility he show up now this year

Hans684
02-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Possible,
I miss Desmond now, possibility he show up now this year

It is possible but consider ACV is most likely coming out in October/November, I would say we are not going to Russia. The fact that Gavin's team is going to Russia now and not in October/November kinda says it is likely not to happen.

I miss Desmond too but you need to

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

Sushiglutton
02-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Interesting it's this time of year again :).

Reminds me a bit of below given how blurry it is:

http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/pub/large/assassins_creed_41111.jpg

ACLexter
02-15-2014, 03:16 PM
It is possible but consider ACV is most likely coming out in October/November, I would say we are not going to Russia. The fact that Gavin's team is going to Russia now and not in October/November kinda says it is likely not to happen.

I miss Desmond too but you need to

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

Sorry to ask, but whats the story of this Gavin and team?
I know they are from initiates, but i just have limited access to web, as I'm only got access to net while at work. :(

Hans684
02-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Sorry to ask, but whats the story of this Gavin and team?
I know they are from initiates, but i just have limited access to web, as I'm only got access to net while at work. :(

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Gavin_Banks

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Initiates

prince162010
02-16-2014, 02:26 AM
they might announce ACV in 2nd of march exactly like the release of debut trailer of ACIV last year ! so it's all about 2 weeks

ACLexter
02-17-2014, 06:06 AM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Gavin_Banks

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Initiates

Cool, Thanks.

STDlyMcStudpants
02-17-2014, 06:25 AM
TBH I don't think its anyhting..
It's obviously Russia, but modern..
Just art. :)

ACLexter
02-17-2014, 06:33 AM
maybe more on modern day this time.

RinoTheBouncer
02-17-2014, 11:06 AM
"My name is Evelyn Salt”
“Then you are a Russian spy"

ACIV starring Angeline MILF Jolie

maybe more on modern day this time.

If that actually happens, I’m buying dinner and drinks to everyone on these forums!

LoyalACFan
02-17-2014, 04:58 PM
It's definitely not an AC5 tease. We were supposed to have gotten hints in Freedom Cry about the next setting, and China seems like the safest bet (though I can understand the France theories too). There's literally NOTHING in FC that suggests Russia.

Reptilis91
02-17-2014, 05:43 PM
They wouldn't give the true Animus destination in a picture on ACinitiates, it would make no sense. It's much too simple and obvious. However it could be the present day location.

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2014, 12:16 AM
It's definitely not an AC5 tease. We were supposed to have gotten hints in Freedom Cry about the next setting, and China seems like the safest bet (though I can understand the France theories too). There's literally NOTHING in FC that suggests Russia.

You're placing too much emphasis on the Freedom Cry tease. For all we know, we might not have found the hint yet.

Reptilis91
02-18-2014, 01:08 AM
You're placing too much emphasis on the Freedom Cry tease. For all we know, we might not have found the hint yet.

In Freedom Cry we supervise a slave revolution in Saint-Domingue, a french colony. It's probably a transition for French Revolution in AC5. Plus Eseosa contacted french Assassins and took part in Haitian Revolution, which was inspired by french revolution, actually.

LoyalACFan
02-18-2014, 01:09 AM

They specifically said it's right under our noses. It isn't some obscure clue buried deep within the game files like that John from IT clip, it's staring us right in the face but we just don't know what it is yet. We have a short list of things it could potentially be, including China (based on the box, random firecrackers, and the dragon blunderbuss), France (based on the pervasiveness of French culture in FC), or South America (based on the Quito conversation about celestial navigation combined with the "look to the stars" hint). None of them are a surefire bet, but any one of them would definitely be a better bet than Russia, which wasn't even vaguely alluded to in Freedom Cry.

Fatal-Feit
02-18-2014, 01:29 AM
They specifically said it's right under our noses. It isn't some obscure clue buried deep within the game files like that John from IT clip, it's staring us right in the face but we just don't know what it is yet. We have a short list of things it could potentially be, including China (based on the box, random firecrackers, and the dragon blunderbuss), France (based on the pervasiveness of French culture in FC), or South America (based on the Quito conversation about celestial navigation combined with the "look to the stars" hint). None of them are a surefire bet, but any one of them would definitely be a better bet than Russia, which wasn't even vaguely alluded to in Freedom Cry.

I'm pretty sure it was one developer, IIRC, and he could simply be teasing us just like Darby. I'm not trying to debunk the Freedom Cry case because I really do want a Chinese or French AC, but I'm just saying. Take it with a grain of salt because for all we know it could be in Trinidad.

ze_topazio
02-18-2014, 01:33 AM
they might announce ACV in 2nd of march exactly like the release of debut trailer of ACIV last year ! so it's all about 2 weeks

Can't believe in just two weeks it will be my birthday again, time sure flies by.

I-Like-Pie45
02-18-2014, 04:11 AM
what if it's all a cruel trick?

Ureh
02-18-2014, 04:24 AM
@I-Like-Pie45 That's right! They're probably gonna surprise us with the news: No AC game this year... only a board game. :) :P ;)

I-Like-Pie45
02-18-2014, 04:33 AM
what if

in two weeks we get the trailer

AC: Requiem - the epic conclusion that AC3 could have been to the AC saga - coming in 2015/16 with no major AC games in between

A sequel to Prince of Persia 2008 in 2014, with no silly epilogue DLC or cliffhangers this time around as well as BG&E2.

and in the meantime, we get a monthly Connor sequel comic book series written by Neil Gaiman to satisfy the fangurls since that worked for Buffy Season 8 and initiates gets taken down because #initiatesis****

Avantiic
02-18-2014, 11:58 PM
Today they have released a few costumes in the MP that looks like Russian coats, so this could be a hint to the pic or the new Setting as well :)

jdowny
02-19-2014, 08:11 PM
There was a new Initiates riddle today - looks like they're setting it up for something to happen next full moon - 16th March. New reveal?

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 08:26 PM
*sigh*
What happens in the modern day in AC initiates has NOTHING to do with the setting of the next game. They were in Japan, why didn't anybody pop up and say "ohmagosh Japan iz nekst zeteng"

I think everybody is bored, that's all

Fatal-Feit
02-19-2014, 08:37 PM
...Damn, you guys are making those typing quirks harder to read each time. It's not a competition. :nonchalance:

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 08:47 PM
...Damn, you guys are making those typing quirks harder to read each time. It's not a competition. :nonchalance:

It also becomes harder when the writer is not a native English speaker...

that quirk is an actual accent I heard all the time in Egypt...

xryanx28
02-19-2014, 08:48 PM
*sigh*
What happens in the modern day in AC initiates has NOTHING to do with the setting of the next game. They were in Japan, why didn't anybody pop up and say "ohmagosh Japan iz nekst zeteng"

You are correct sir, bored as hell

Hans684
02-19-2014, 09:06 PM
You are correct sir, bored as hell

Hell isn't boring, I've been there.

jdowny
02-19-2014, 09:58 PM
*sigh*

If I recall, they did say that. Incidentally however, I agree with you, it's probably nothing to do with the setting of the game, but I never said that - simply that the Initiates picture implies they're leading up to something happening on March 16th.

Now, knowing Ubisoft, they'll want to bring these two threads together at some point - Initiates with real-world marketing. Plus, March is traditionally the time when a new AC game is announced.

And finally - who says that AC Initiates has nothing to do with the setting of the game? Granted it may not be the setting of the story, but of the modern setting? Absolutely no reason why it wouldn't be. So why not leave people to speculate however much they like?

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 10:04 PM
If I recall, they did say that. Incidentally however, I agree with you, it's probably nothing to do with the setting of the game, but I never said that - simply that the Initiates picture implies they're leading up to something happening on March 16th.
I wasn't referring to you at all, I'm referring to the people who take it for granted. that this does point to a Russian setting, when it most likely does not..

Now, knowing Ubisoft, they'll want to bring these two threads together at some point - Initiates with real-world marketing. Plus, March is traditionally the time when a new AC game is announced.
Not traditionally, only AC III and AC IV have been announced in March so far....just sayin'

And finally - who says that AC Initiates has nothing to do with the setting of the game? Granted it may not be the setting of the story, but of the modern setting? Absolutely no reason why it wouldn't be. So why not leave people to speculate however much they like?
It doesn't...it never did have anything to do with the setting of the next game, modern or historical. It never mentioned Montreal nor the Caribbean before the announcement of AC IV.
Not like i'm holding anyone's hand from typing the speculation, i'm saying that Initiates never had anything to do with the setting of the next game..

jdowny
02-19-2014, 10:30 PM
Not traditionally, only AC III and AC IV have been announced in March so far....just sayin'

It doesn't...it never did have anything to do with the setting of the next game, modern or historical. It never mentioned Montreal nor the Caribbean before the announcement of AC IV.
Not like i'm holding anyone's hand from typing the speculation, i'm saying that Initiates never had anything to do with the setting of the next game..

Weeeeell II and Brotherhood were April and May, but it's around this time of year. Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if it was around that time of year.

And to be fair, Initiates is very young. It hasn't really had the opportunity to be the setting for the game at all - I'm guessing the Surveillance section is only as old as 14th May 2013 (it's the first entry - though I've only been following Initiates for a few months so I may be wrong). All I'm saying is let's not rule it out.

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Weeeeell II and Brotherhood were April and May, but it's around this time of year. Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if it was around that time of year.
and Revelations, also Brotherhood was LEAKED in April, it was announced in May.

And to be fair, Initiates is very young. It hasn't really had the opportunity to be the setting for the game at all - I'm guessing the Surveillance section is only as old as 14th May 2013 (it's the first entry - though I've only been following Initiates for a few months so I may be wrong). All I'm saying is let's not rule it out.
oh it's older than that....Initiates itself is before AC III was even released, it followed Desmond's story...

LoyalACFan
02-19-2014, 11:31 PM
... Let's put it this way, I'd be very surprised if we didn't have an AC5 confirmation within the next three weeks, and STUNNED if we hadn't heard anything by the end of March (either via leaks or official announcement). They've only revealed AC games in March twice, true, but it was both of the games made after they fully committed to a yearly release cycle. They have to get the hype train rolling pretty early if we're getting an AC every fall.

jdowny
02-20-2014, 12:11 AM
and Revelations, also Brotherhood was LEAKED in April, it was announced in May.

oh it's older than that....Initiates itself is before AC III was even released, it followed Desmond's story...

Neither of us are in a position to be making certainties. All I'm saying is if they've announced games this early for their previous two games and March 16th falls within the time frame of that pattern, then it's possible that something pertaining to the next game may be revealed.

I've explored Initiates a lot more and seen that the Surveillance section is older than that, my mistake. However, my point was that Initiates is still young - which it is - too young to be given the opportunity to provide clues for the setting of the next game, until now. When it started, AC III was about to begin. By the time the Surveillance section was 'up to date' so to speak, it was May 2013 and AC IV had already been announced. Therefore, this is the first opportunity we've had where Initiates has theopportunity to give us clues to the next game. That's all.

So speculate away.

Assassin_M
02-20-2014, 01:23 AM
Neither of us are in a position to be making certainties.
I actually am in a position and so are you...and everyone else here. I'm in a position to say for certain that this is not pointing to the next setting, just as you are certainly telling people to speculate away, just as everyone will certainly ignore what I said and continue to speculate. Like I said, i'm not holding anybody's hand and preventing them from typing. This is a discussion about a picture posted on AC initiates, everybody's throwing their 2 cents...i'm throwing mine by saying for certain that this is not an indication to the setting of the next game. I'm basing this certainty on facts and experience.

All I'm saying is if they've announced games this early for their previous two games and March 16th falls within the time frame of that pattern, then it's possible that something pertaining to the next game may be revealed.
I didn't even touch your March 16th theory..

I've explored Initiates a lot more and seen that the Surveillance section is older than that, my mistake. However, my point was that Initiates is still young - which it is - too young to be given the opportunity to provide clues for the setting of the next game, until now. When it started, AC III was about to begin. By the time the Surveillance section was 'up to date' so to speak, it was May 2013 and AC IV had already been announced. Therefore, this is the first opportunity we've had where Initiates has the opportunity to give us clues to the next game. That's all.
Actually this'd be the second time, since AC IV's wait hype falls within the time frame that initiates had already started and was established.

So speculate away.
I don't understand why you're trying to imply that i'm preventing anyone from speculating. Sure, speculate away, wont stop me from thinking it's pointless and cynically pointing it out loud...

jdowny
02-20-2014, 01:46 PM
I actually am in a position and so are you...and everyone else here. I'm in a position to say for certain that this is not pointing to the next setting

Then you clearly don't understand what certainty is. That is not a certainty, but an opinion. I'd rather not continue this discussion since we're arguing over semantics and not the actual topic.

I guess my argument boils down to your absolute assertion that what happens in AC Initiates will have nothing to do with the setting of the game. I don't have a problem with people's opinions - I do have a problem with people asserting their opinions as facts.

We disagree on what a certainty is. Let's leave it at that.

Assassin_M
02-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Then you clearly don't understand what certainty is. That is not a certainty, but an opinion. I'd rather not continue this discussion since we're arguing over semantics and not the actual topic.

I guess my argument boils down to your absolute assertion that what happens in AC Initiates will have nothing to do with the setting of the game. I don't have a problem with people's opinions - I do have a problem with people asserting their opinions as facts.

We disagree on what a certainty is. Let's leave it at that.
Opinion is a subjective certainty.

Religion is an opinion, but it's a certainty to the one who believes in it.

LoyalACFan
02-20-2014, 06:04 PM

*hugs*

jdowny
02-20-2014, 09:29 PM

PM me if you want to make this a philosophical debate dude, I'd be happy to continue this.

Doug-E-Fresh0126
03-11-2014, 04:31 AM
If you click on the link, log into Initiates, and look at the date that comes with the picture, it says:
MOSCOW // RUSSIA // 2014-02-15 // 03:53
ALONE IN THE DARK
The image is not of a historical assassin. It's just a modern person in Moscow. So either the modern day portion takes us to Moscow in the next game, or it's just part of the Initiates story to setup the next game but is not a location we will visit. Lot of the entries prior to this one dealt with Japan and are modern day entries, too. So I'd take this with a grain of salt.

Helps to look at everything and not just a tiny piece. It's interesting, but I can't say it's a real clue to the next game. Russia already got a comic with Nikolai so a game is not likely to happen soon.

On a side note, these capchas are annoying and aren't doing a thing to stop spammers. :mad:

I really really hope they do not have another female assassin as a main character. I just find it hard to believe a woman can do all the stuff needed to be an assassin, like kill a bunch of people, I dunno that's just me I guess. But I think since it all the posters and pictures when it has all the assassins lined up Nikolai is the only one without a game, so he should get his own game.

Doug-E-Fresh0126
03-11-2014, 04:38 AM
what if

in two weeks we get the trailer

AC: Requiem - the epic conclusion that AC3 could have been to the AC saga - coming in 2015/16 with no major AC games in between

A sequel to Prince of Persia 2008 in 2014, with no silly epilogue DLC or cliffhangers this time around as well as BG&E2.

and in the meantime, we get a monthly Connor sequel comic book series written by Neil Gaiman to satisfy the fangurls since that worked for Buffy Season 8 and initiates gets taken down because #initiatesis****

I don't even know how to respond to this weirdness....

rob.davies2014
03-11-2014, 03:30 PM
I really really hope they do not have another female assassin as a main character. I just find it hard to believe a woman can do all the stuff needed to be an assassin, like kill a bunch of people, I dunno that's just me I guess.

There's no reason to believe women cannot do these things. The idea that they can't is propagated by the media and their androcentric focus in action movies/video games.
That's why we SHOULD have more female protagonists, because of common misconceptions like this.

silvermercy
03-11-2014, 04:06 PM
There's no reason to believe women cannot do these things. The idea that they can't is propagated by the media and their androcentric focus in action movies/video games.
That's why we SHOULD have more female protagonists, because of common misconceptions like this.
Indeed. Best example of such good filming would be the latest Vikings series.

But anyway, back to the pic...

I-Like-Pie45
03-11-2014, 04:11 PM
If anything women would have an even easier job as Assassins than men

Their bodies are naturally more lithe than mens so its actually more believable that they could freerun than an armored Ezio or bulked up Connor

and they've got another advantage that the men don't...

rcole_sooner
03-11-2014, 04:14 PM
I liked playing Perfect Dark Zero (http://www.gamespot.com/perfect-dark-zero/). I could do a female assassin game.

oliacr
03-11-2014, 08:14 PM
If anything women would have an even easier job as Assassins than men

Their bodies are naturally more lithe than mens so its actually more believable that they could freerun than an armored Ezio or bulked up Connor

and they've got another advantage that the men don't...

We had a game with a woman. I don't mind playing with a woman. Maybe one of the 2 games one will be woman one man :d