PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed before I even start

Mariohne
02-15-2014, 01:23 AM
Is it Ubisoft or the game? This is all very confusing! To post a thread you first have to 'verify'. WT.......
OK then to start playing they gave me an Account Name. How come do they give me a name? Can't I chose my own account name?

Then to even play the game you first have to admit to all kinds of conditions which are actually quite unreasonable and give them the rights to publish your details in places if they wish to do so. OK you acknowledge it all because you paid big bucks for the game and want to get started.

Then you have hundreds of stupid icons and pictures and cannot really work out what all these things do.

For heaven's sake, all I want to do is play my game, not go through a whole rigmarole every time to play.
(PS and here I thought Steam sucked, but it is hundred time better than this hassle)

AherasSTRG
02-15-2014, 11:53 AM
The forums are plagued by spammer bots advertising ****, so the mods decided to put captchas you need to fill in before posting or creating a thread to reduce this behavior. Nothing has changed of course.

As far as the Terms and Conditions are concerned, Ubisoft's terms are much lighter than the terms you need to accept in order to play World of Warcraft for example. You just deal with it.

Uplay is not that bad once you get used to it. Neither is Steam. Once you learn how to use them, you 'll understand that they are pretty useful tools for managing your games.

dsmith71
02-15-2014, 01:29 PM
The forums are plagued by spammer bots advertising ****, so the mods decided to put captchas you need to fill in before posting or creating a thread to reduce this behavior. Nothing has changed of course.

As far as the Terms and Conditions are concerned, Ubisoft's terms are much lighter than the terms you need to accept in order to play World of Warcraft for example. You just deal with it.

Uplay is not that bad once you get used to it. Neither is Steam. Once you learn how to use them, you 'll understand that they are pretty useful tools for managing your games.

If ubisoft can fix the pathetically slow download rates some of us are having THEN introduce some kind of backup feature I may agree with you but at the moment uplay is crap.

Nitrotoluene
02-15-2014, 11:18 PM
Yes, the UPlay log-in and verification thing is quite clunky and confusing, especially if you make a mistake with a username, email or password. There seems to be a time lag that makes UPlay think you have entered incorrect data when all you're trying to do is reset your ID info as instructed by the activation email. I'm OK for now, but hope I never get into that 'death spiral' again.

The thing that most annoyed me when I started AC4 - and still does - is the ridiculous number of splash screens you go through before getting to the game itself. I counted a total of 12, including one for "Abstergo Entertainment" which is not even a real company. And do we really need reminding every time that this game is fictional and was developed by a bunch of people from different cultures and religions? What has that got to do with anything?

I do love the game itself, just a pity it has all this useless fluff around it.