PDA

View Full Version : Fall and Decline of Rome AC5

tster112
02-14-2014, 11:46 PM
My roommates and I are constantly pondering different ideas of AC5 game play. I brought up the idea of AC5 game play being based upon the fall and decline of the Roman Empire. I believe it would be a great idea because it could be a prequel to AC1. The assassin would be a great grandfather or grandfather of the great Altair. The gameplay would focus on the origins of the creed against their fight of the Templars in the autocracy of the Roman Empire. The idea of Altair's great grandfather/grandfather fighting against King Templar Julius Caesar sounds like a great concept for game play. Also, the battle of Actium would be revolved around a dispute between assassins and templars. Not to mention the battles at the Colosseum would be incredible! The time period would transition from Roman Empire BC to the rise of Byzantine Empire AD.

Feel free to elaborate! This is just a concept.

ze_topazio
02-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Shouldn't it decline first and only then fall?

AdamPearce
02-15-2014, 12:19 AM
Unless his grandfathers lived for 700 years I doubt it would work. :rolleyes:

And Julius Cesar was the Emperor around 100 BC, so that wouldn't work either. And if they are to set an AC in this period I don't think they will fall in those cliché, it wold be pointless.

frodrigues55
02-15-2014, 01:16 AM
Don't we already have an entire game set in Rome though

tster112
02-15-2014, 01:34 AM
My roommates and I are constantly pondering different ideas of AC5 game play. I brought up the idea of AC5 game play being based upon the fall and decline of the Roman Empire. I believe it would be a great idea because it could be a prequel to AC1. The assassin would be a great grandfather or grandfather of the great Altair. The gameplay would focus on the origins of the creed against their fight of the Templars in the autocracy of the Roman Empire. The idea of Altair's great grandfather/grandfather fighting against King Templar Julius Caesar sounds like a great concept for game play. Also, the battle of Actium would be revolved around a dispute between assassins and templars. Not to mention the battles at the Colosseum would be incredible! The time period would transition from Roman Empire BC to the rise of Byzantine Empire AD.

Feel free to elaborate! This is just a concept.

Shouldn't it decline first and only then fall?

I meant to put rise and decline. Sorry for the confusion.

w_zuckerman
02-15-2014, 01:46 AM
The concept is decent as a RISE and FALL if it is done right... Ubisoft would have to put a lot of research and detail to the story. If the story incorporated political conflicts with Caesar and the templars with the assassin potentially originating as a gladiator who is recruited by the assassins after displaying potential in the colosseum, then allowing a storyline around his escape and conflict with the King then it could make for a great addition to the AC series IMO.

Bozosaurus76
02-15-2014, 02:29 AM
The first Roman Emperor was Octavian, the adopted son of Julius Caesar.

Also, the Colisseum (spell check) wasn't built until long after JC's death. It was commissioned by Vespasian and the project was finished under his son Titus.

The transition of the capital from Rome to Byzantium (Constantinople) didn't happen until the mid-300's under Constantine, who by the way officially ended the gladiatorial games.

AdamPearce
02-15-2014, 03:54 AM
Don't we already have an entire game set in Rome though

Ancient Roma has nothing to do with Renaissance Rome.

playlisting
02-15-2014, 04:57 PM
I might be wrong here, but would a prequel to AC I even work? If I remember right, The Knights Templar was created during the crusades when Altair was about. If they set a game before AC I there wouldn't be any Templars to fight yet. I don't even think the Assassin's were around at that point either. It's a good idea but probably wouldn't work.

EVA Spartan 317
02-16-2014, 01:28 PM
And I know who should be the Assassin. Brutus. We already know that he was an Assassin from Brotherhood! I can be a very interseting game!

oliacr
02-16-2014, 01:50 PM
And I know who should be the Assassin. Brutus. We already know that he was an Assassin from Brotherhood! I can be a very interseting game!
Yes, Brutus, the only problem is that Brutus lived between 85-42 BC and thats not the Fall nor the Decline of Rome:)

EVA Spartan 317
02-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Yes, Brutus, the only problem is that Brutus lived between 85-42 BC and thats not the Fall nor the Decline of Rome:)

Which Brutus is he btw?
I didn't look up on it so much! :D

Hans684
02-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Which Brutus is he btw?
I didn't look up on it so much! :D

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Marcus_Junius_Brutus

EVA Spartan 317
02-16-2014, 02:18 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Marcus_Junius_Brutus

Thanks, I understand!

Yshnu
02-16-2014, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure how they could cram 2,000 years of Roman history into a game. It would take multiple games and it would get boring fast. If they only told the story of Altair's grandfather, that would place the timeline during the Roman decline. Personally, I would love to have a story that deals with the origination of the Assassin order. Based on my research, the Assassins originated in Asia, specifically Iran. How about the Greco-Persian wars? Too early?

CloudCA87
02-19-2014, 05:48 PM
I might be wrong here, but would a prequel to AC I even work? If I remember right, The Knights Templar was created during the crusades when Altair was about. If they set a game before AC I there wouldn't be any Templars to fight yet. I don't even think the Assassin's were around at that point either. It's a good idea but probably wouldn't work.

It could work, since in the opening of AC3 Desmonds dad said's that "they have been fighting even longer before the crusades if you believe they're orgins". And then statues under monteriggioni (Which i think they SHOULD tell the story's of) one of them looks like it dates back to ancient Egypt.

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 07:12 PM
story of Altair's grandfather, that would place the timeline during the Roman decline.

Where the hell are people getting this from?? do people realize when Altair was alive?? how can his Grandfather witness the rise or fall of the Roman Empire?? and in Rome?? Altair's Grandfather was most likely Syrian

ze_topazio
02-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Where the hell are people getting this from?? do people realize when Altair was alive?? how can his Grandfather witness the rise or fall of the Roman Empire?? and in Rome?? Altair's Grandfather was most likely Syrian

Maybe Altair's grandfather was immortal.

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Maybe Altair's grandfather was immortal.

Still wouldn't make sense D: the Roman empire happened BEFORE he was born D:

I-Like-Pie45
02-19-2014, 07:38 PM

He was also a companion of the Doctor who somehow also exists in AC continuity.

ze_topazio
02-19-2014, 07:44 PM

But maybe Altair's grandfather was born before the city of Rome was even founded.

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 07:47 PM
But maybe Altair's grandfather was born before the city of Rome was even founded.

Wait...so...when would he have had given birth to Umar then?? mofo lived till the 12th century D:

ze_topazio
02-19-2014, 07:59 PM
After living more than 3000 years he finally decided to settle down, he married and had a son, sometime after that Connor Macleod appeared and cut his head in a duel.

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 08:01 PM
After living more than 3000 years he finally decided to settle down, he married and had a son, sometime after that Connor Macleod appeared and cut his head in a duel.

Oh gawd D:

Megas_Doux
02-20-2014, 02:33 AM

Highlander!

What an awesome concept of a series!

ze_topazio
02-20-2014, 04:06 AM
Highlander!

What an awesome concept of a series!

Too bad they completely ruined it in the sequel, one of the worse sequels ever made in the history of sequels.

Megas_Doux
02-20-2014, 04:15 AM
Too bad they completely ruined it in the sequel, one of the worse sequels ever made in the history of sequels.

The tv series is cool, and the anime movie: Search of Vengeance, is REALLLLLYYYYY good.

I-Like-Pie45
02-20-2014, 05:45 AM
DON'T FORGET THEME SONG AND END SONG ARE PRETTY COOL TOO (not as amazing as Queen's Flash theme but still amazing nonetheless)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJ8lpCQbyw
because these forums don't let you embed multiple vids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtpf8N5IDE

adventurewomen
02-20-2014, 12:16 PM
No more Italy please, we've had enough.