PDA

View Full Version : How do I go about finding a community chest? (Black Flag X1 version)

SquareToShoot
02-14-2014, 11:16 PM
I had the game on the 360 when it came out and I had no problem whatsoever finding some community chests. Had Black Flag for the Xbox One since it came out and have been playing it since launch. Still not found a single community chest. What's the deal? It's not like I have no friends playing the Xbox One version. Yeah there's only four playing it on the Xbox One compared to however many were on the 360 but even so...

Is this just down to none of them not finding one or what?

IWGCJoeCool
02-15-2014, 02:09 AM
I had the game on the 360 when it came out and I had no problem whatsoever finding some community chests. Had Black Flag for the Xbox One since it came out and have been playing it since launch. Still not found a single community chest. What's the deal? It's not like I have no friends playing the Xbox One version. Yeah there's only four playing it on the Xbox One compared to however many were on the 360 but even so...

Is this just down to none of them not finding one or what?

all things being equal, they were all over the place like empty coke bottles awhile, then they dried up awhile. dont worry about friends finding them, cuz somebody has to find it first.

they wont appear on the main map, nor the mini-map, unless you navigate within range, then they just pop.

as a hint, dock in Kingston, and walk up from the dock to the first cross-street. go right and look between the porches on the left. this was a location of a regular treasure chest too. see if it's there or pops on the GPS.

Tek_Freek
02-15-2014, 04:00 AM
In PS4 (for me) the most common locale is the west side of the market @ NW corner of Havana

SquareToShoot
02-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Hmmm ok I'll try these, cheers.

SquareToShoot
03-30-2014, 05:17 PM
Well, still haven't found one.

Farlander1991
03-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Keep a watch on this thread, (https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/4641/page/1) people post here coordinates and time left of the social events they find.

Just note (based on my experience with the PC version), sometimes social events don't show up for everybody, but most of the time if you go to coordinates before time runs out you'll find what you need.

Aphex_Tim
03-30-2014, 06:00 PM
I've encountered them in smugglers dens and uncharted islands as well more than once! They seem to just pop random though, so just keep playing and you may find one eventually.