PDA

View Full Version : Saved game issue

Mr.Sinister1.0
02-14-2014, 03:38 PM
I already posted this in the Tech branch of this forum, but I figured there's a little more traffic here....to invoke a quicker response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello.
I had been playing black flag for a month or so, and had gotten about 64% progress/completion. Well, I had some issues with Windows Update causing my OS to go haywire....and...to make a long story short, ended up having to reinstall windows.

My dilemma:
I was using basic logic, and thinking that if I have to go through uPlay to play it, and uPlay saves the progression, I should be ok. Now, when I load black flag up, the uPlay launcher still shows my proper progression percentage, but when I try to play, my saved file *with* that progression is not there....basically giving me only the choice of starting a new game. Am I screwed here, or is there a way to recover that particular save file from the ubi/uPlay service? If not, I probably won't bother playing it anymore. Also, if not, why am I forced to play it through uPlay if it doesn't safeguard that progression.

Please tell me I can recover that somehow. It's a really fun game, but not fun enough to start all over after getting over halfway through it.

Thanks for any replies.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr_Shade
02-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Hi,

Currently the Cloud save feature is not active - so the only way to continue the game, after an reinstall - would to have a back up copy of the save - if you did not back up, i'm sorry but progress maybe lost.

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGwCAI

if you would like to clarify that - or for future technical issues - please contact support directly, since the forums are not a replacement for them.

www.support.ubi.com

Mr.Sinister1.0
02-14-2014, 03:46 PM
...and into the "Entertainment for houseguests" folder it goes! :(

rcole_sooner
02-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Good stuff to know. I need to make a copy of my save game.

Alphacos007
02-14-2014, 05:02 PM
If you still didn't install much stuff in the HD you reinstalled windows, you can still manage to recover the file with softwares for such thing. In a last resort I can send you my savefile and you can replay the missions from the progress tracker, even though I don't think that would be fun as playing the actual game.