PDA

View Full Version : AC4 crashes on launch! Help Me!!!

SparHawk1989
02-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Hi guys,

I need a bit of help please.

I have installed and reinstalled AC4 (black flag) twice now and when i click on the single player mode it gets to the first page (the bit where it says the game is nothing to do with religious views etc) and it freezes/crashes whichever word makes sense to you. It sometimes only makes it to a black screen but at no point has it reached further than previously described without crashing.

I then have to task manager the program as its not responding.

My Graphics card is fine and is above minimum spec, it is a = Asus AMD Radeon HD 6770 1024MB GDDR5.

I have run a test of punkbuster as I got an error on the install of AC4 saying that it could not install it properly (i had it already), it came out positive with no errors.

I have also disabled my firewall and that did not work either! (no change to crash)

I have run out of ideas on how to solve this. Please can someone help me, as I loved the naval battles in the previous AC and want to play really bad!!!!

Regards,

SparHawk

Alphacos007
02-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Well, the first thing I'd suggest would be to verify the files integriry, but as said you already tryed removing the game and installing again, then that's not the case.
Maybe your anti-virus is blocking a necessary file from the game? Did you install the game as Admin? Maybe that's why punkbuster is failing to install.
I know it seems dumb, but did you try restarting your PC? I almost punched my PC trying to fiz my AC3 and couldnt get it to launch as well. Then I restarted the PC and it worked just fine lol.
As a last option, i'd say to contact support, they can probably help you to make it work, even though they'll take a while to answer as always.

tshrjain
02-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I got the same problem with my game. Single player loads till the loading screen (where you can move the character around but cannot shoot or do any actions and its all empty), but then it displays "saving" on bottom corner and then black screen and crashed to desktop. I can play Multiplayer without any problem though. This started after the latest 1.06 update.

I am in contact with Ubsoft support for about a week now. Will let you know when the issue resolves.

playlisting
02-14-2014, 07:31 PM
Did you buy the game through steam? If so here's a fix:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/242050/discussions/0/666826703422412674/

If you didn't buy it through steam then I'd just do the same on UPlay... click on UPlay before the game can fully open and then alt+tab in after a minute or two.

Hope this helped... good luck!