PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, pay attention to PC

playlisting
02-14-2014, 03:14 AM
There are a lot of people on very good computers getting poor FPS because the game is poorly ported. You probably made millions off of your PC audience with the release of AC IV. The only thing we got was the very poor implementation of PhysX. It doesn't work well and the FPS drops are large even with it set to low so the majority of us play with it off which means it's implementation was basically pointless. Please let the next AC game take full advantage of multi-core CPU's. I've seen a boat load of people reporting that it underutilises 3 out of 4 cores. If it is possible to patch it in to AC IV then seriously, please do. FPS is more important than great graphics. Make sure it runs good before making it look good.

Wrath2Zero
02-14-2014, 05:44 AM
I've already reported the CPU threading problem and the 30fps frame-rate lock with v-sync on, both are

"Your case has been escalated to the second level team to be investigated further."

I should imagine it will take them a while to profile the CPU threading and replicated the issues I've put to them, with screenshots and full details showing the issue. The CPU threading issue is very annoying, it's like a lag effect where the FPS will drop 5-6 FPS and then back up at random points in towns and even standing looking at a wall, specifically bigger towns.

playlisting
02-14-2014, 11:07 AM
I've already reported the CPU threading problem and the 30fps frame-rate lock with v-sync on, both are

I should imagine it will take them a while to profile the CPU threading and replicated the issues I've put to them, with screenshots and full details showing the issue. The CPU threading issue is very annoying, it's like a lag effect where the FPS will drop 5-6 FPS and then back up at random points in towns and even standing looking at a wall, specifically bigger towns.

Glad to know it's being looked at. Thanks for the reply (:

Mr_Shade
02-14-2014, 03:11 PM
Glad to know it's being looked at. Thanks for the reply (:

You should also be contacting support - if the issue affects you, since the more people wh have the problem report it - the better.

I know many think 'oh they know' and don't bother, however it's vital people contact them - so they know numbers affected / hardware and software installed.

www.support.ubi.com

playlisting
02-14-2014, 03:59 PM
You should also be contacting support - if the issue affects you, since the more people wh have the problem report it - the better.

I know many think 'oh they know' and don't bother, however it's vital people contact them - so they know numbers affected / hardware and software installed.

www.support.ubi.com

Thanks for the information (:

Gold31415
02-15-2014, 04:13 PM

Assassins creed
Assassins creed 2
Assassins creed brotherhood
Assassins creed revelations
Assassins creed 3
Assassins creed 4

ALL run on only 1 core.

What makes you think they will fix anything.
Thats just how they port it.

Wrath2Zero
02-16-2014, 03:12 AM
Assassins creed
Assassins creed 2
Assassins creed brotherhood
Assassins creed revelations
Assassins creed 3
Assassins creed 4

ALL run on only 1 core.

What makes you think they will fix anything.
Thats just how they port it.

For one start it really depends on if anyone actually submitted a good and proper report to Ubisoft about it rather than some rant about using only one core. Not got a reply yet from the second level team. I will continue to follow this up and insist on looking at CPU threading issues.

AC4 does use more than one core though, Core 0 - 100% | Core 1 - 75% | Core 2 - 75% | Core 3 - 90%
http://i62.tinypic.com/35coitg.png

nowinskit
02-16-2014, 04:10 AM
Since they use same engine since first AC, its a engine made up old gen consoles ps3 and 360 which have 3 cores, and probably have only 2 cores used to game and 1 to OS of console.

So thinking they made the Ac series using old consoles and then port the game to pc and next gen consoles the game will keep coming poorly optimized to 1-2 cores till day they make a new engine game inside new gen 8 cores.

Do not hope for optimization CPU threads to an alreayd made game, probably only way to made a multi-thread game is making it from new engine coded to multi-thread. Multi-thread optimizations will only come for games made up in new gen consoles, if they stop making it from old consoles and porting to new gen and PC.

The game runs like that on my i7 4770k:

http://imageshack.com/a/img163/6682/9uqi.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img850/6295/9ony.png