PDA

View Full Version : Liberation Costume Change in Future Games?

STDlyMcStudpants
02-13-2014, 05:39 PM
I haven't played ACL in it's entirety, only the demo version.
The demo does however give you access to all 3 costume types and though I didn't see uses for any other than the Assassin (Okay you can flirt with guards to get past them, but what's the point if you can't kill? Okay you can disguise yourself as a slave, but what point is that if you're outside of the walls? )
I'm not sure how this was implemented in the game, (as again I never played the game outside of the demo) the costume changes could've made perfect sense.
But I see massive potential for a system like this.
It takes social stealth to a whole new level.
In Assassin's Creed IV there were more hiding places than ever (I.E.) closets..
Would you guys like to see this in future games where you can pull a guard into a closet, kill him and be given the option (not forced on you) to come out in his clothes?
Just as an example?
I think it was a really neat idea.

RzaRecta357
02-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Nah, I prefer it being missions specific. In fact, Edward does it during one mission.

In ACL you can swap between and yes guards don't attack you and you can kill. It's alright I suppose if a bit clunky feeling.

Anyway, the main reason I say no? What you are asking for is the formula to a Hitman game. Just go play Hitman.

STDlyMcStudpants
02-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Nah, I prefer it being missions specific. In fact, Edward does it during one mission.

In ACL you can swap between and yes guards don't attack you and you can kill. It's alright I suppose if a bit clunky feeling.

Anyway, the main reason I say no? What you are asking for is the formula to a Hitman game. Just go play Hitman.

Lol I actually hate hitman

LoyalACFan
02-13-2014, 06:48 PM
I actually thought the costume changes were tedious above all else. The only similar thing I could envision being actually useful would be killing a guard and stealing his uniform (think Ezio's Janissary outfit, only not mission-specific). It would have to be a helmeted guard though, otherwise it would be OP and frankly quite silly.

STDlyMcStudpants
02-13-2014, 07:58 PM
I actually thought the costume changes were tedious above all else. The only similar thing I could envision being actually useful would be killing a guard and stealing his uniform (think Ezio's Janissary outfit, only not mission-specific). It would have to be a helmeted guard though, otherwise it would be OP and frankly quite silly.

I like that, and make it so it isnt opportune (they arent setting you up to be able to do it)
You have to whistle him over or ambush him for example

sandracarol88
10-14-2014, 09:14 AM
Less Clunky costume like simple hood long coat (http://www.fjackets.com/buy/Assassins-Creed-3-Jacket-Connor-Kenway.html) type would have been nice enough in there.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-14-2014, 10:20 AM
I love hitman games. absolution was ok but blood money was awesome!!!!! I love stealth titles!! I wouldn't want a rip-off disguise mechanic from hitman. it would be OP.

this doesn't mean that I am against rip-offs............ I would not mind if assassins creed inherited the nemesis system and the powers from dishonored .......

RinoTheBouncer
10-14-2014, 12:55 PM
I hope if the feature is not a main aspect of future games like it is in AC:L, but rather something that we can choose to do, such as dressing like a guard or nobleman which makes you less of a suspect. But I don’t want it to be something compulsory in terms of progress. Just let the outfits that we steal or unlock make a difference, like some make us look more dangerous than others while others make us seem more of a VIP and less of a suspect.

cawatrooper9
10-14-2014, 01:38 PM
The persona changes in ACL were mostly mission specific anyway. However, I'd love it if they allowed the player more freedom to choose which persona they wanted to use to complete a mission. I think this would work really well with Unity's new Black Box structure.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-14-2014, 08:36 PM
The persona changes in ACL were mostly mission specific anyway. However, I'd love it if they allowed the player more freedom to choose which persona they wanted to use to complete a mission. I think this would work really well with Unity's new Black Box structure.
you could choose what you wanted to wear to kill a business rival