PDA

View Full Version : Crash, and crash and crash again......

rafynironwolf
02-13-2014, 02:35 AM
So I have just endured a mammoth update download amounting to over 2 hours and guess what Assassins Creed - Black Flag still just crashes on start up. Hell I have not even been able to play the game at all as it crashes before the first intro movie gets 2 minutes in.... This is ridiculous.

Before anyone asks I am running a rig with an i7 processor I have 16gb of Ram and I have a gigabyte GTX780ti OC windforce card..... so I think I have a high enough spec.
All drivers are also upto date. I had a small hope this massive update patch would address this issue.... but sadly not. I wish I has spent the time playing Witcher 2 which does run without issue and has since release....

So anyone have any suggestions why this game is just crashing like this? Or is the answer Ubisoft have released a piece of rubbish?? Any help would be well recieved.

YazX_
02-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Those crashes most probably are result of corrupted game files, you can try to run UPlay as admin and verify game files, if that didnt work, then try the following:

1. Uninstall UPlay and the game then clean all registry keys and traces. (might want to take save games backup if you play other Ubisoft games).
2. Download and install the latest UPlay.
3. Install the game and make sure to run the setup as admin.
4. Run UPlay as Admin and let it update the game.

Alphacos007
02-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Just like YAZ said, it's probably a problem with a corrupted file. I had crashes on the startup as well, and doing the files verification with Uplay fixed the issue, never had a crash again.