PDA

View Full Version : Can I see a Co-op Creed?

w_zuckerman
02-13-2014, 01:50 AM
After playing many of the Assassins Creed titles and logging days of playtime into them I have found myself fighting with my roommates over who gets to play. Obviously the fan base of AC is large and friends all over world are fighting for that elusive playtime. I would love to see Ubisoft come out with a campaign that allows online or console connecting co-op. The idea of taking on missions with an ally is very enticing. In Black Flag at times i have found myself overwhelmed by enemy ships and running away from a fight wishing i had a buddy there to help me tag team a large frigate or possibly a 'God-of-War'. Hopefully I'm not alone in thinking Ubisoft releasing a co-op option would be an amazing idea.

Arid_OrchId
02-13-2014, 02:42 AM
I think this idea sounds great. If they managed to do it right it could be one of the best gaming experiences IMO.

C_G_01
02-13-2014, 03:08 AM
Focusing on multiplayer, while single-player is currently going downhill, would be very disheartening.

As much as I love AC4, I think they should try to capture back the essence of Assassin's Creed, and then improve on that. If we look back at the great Altair, we realize that sometimes, less is more. Like I always say, whenever I compare the recent games to AC1, it should be about quality not quantity.

Alphacos007
02-13-2014, 05:54 PM
I think their main-focus should be the single-player. But a co-op campaing, even if its short, would be pretty interesting. Actually, even a drop-in co-op would be nice, a friend of yours joins your game like a assassin apprendice to help you around, would be good enough.

w_zuckerman
02-14-2014, 12:25 AM
Focusing on multiplayer, while single-player is currently going downhill, would be very disheartening.

As much as I love AC4, I think they should try to capture back the essence of Assassin's Creed, and then improve on that. If we look back at the great Altair, we realize that sometimes, less is more. Like I always say, whenever I compare the recent games to AC1, it should be about quality not quantity.

I do agree that the single player has been in a downfall, and the multiplayer is unenticing, but I want to see Ubisoft elaborate on that great single-player. They do need to get back to the quality and seductiveness of AC1. However, we cannot always live in the past and just mimic what we know works, this could be a small but significant addition that would increase the great gaming experience.

Sinister_and_Co
02-19-2014, 02:43 AM
So that they can flesh out single player and multiplayer appropriately. I mean they're already separate plots, and it seems like most people either play one or the other, not both.

C_G_01
02-19-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm not saying coop is not a good idea. But it's just another distraction from the fact that, the "basic concept" or "core gameplay" of this game has not been improved yet to it's full potential. I mean, before doing all the flying machines, and bombs, and naval, and abundant weapons and costumes, maybe they should have improved first the enemy A.I., make tailing missions more fun, more challenging combat and stealth, all the stuff that make Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed. Only better. And after all that has been played to death, that's the right time to add stuff to make it fresh.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed 3 again, just messing around in free roam and I tried all the assassination animations while blending. I particularly like the one where Connor is sitting with a couple of guys fishing, and then he elbows a passing Jaeger on the b***s and then judo-throws him in the water, lol. There have been a lot of improvements in social stealth, with the stalking zones, moving haystacks, free running on trees, corner cover, etc. But they are not implemented well on missions, if at all. There is no point in doing stealth at all actually, unless it causes a game over. And unless you care about synchronizations.

Fatal-Feit
02-19-2014, 10:48 AM
But we already have Wolf Pack mode.

ACLexter
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Co-op campaign is of course a nice idea, even optional. looking forward to it to even at least title. I'm sure that's possible already in the future.

Hans684
02-19-2014, 01:39 PM
It is possible with an Animus with the genetic memory of two diffrent people who lived at the same time.

oliacr
02-19-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm really looking forward to it, I can't imagine playing AC in coop right now, but it would be very interesting and good:) I hope we will see something similar in the future.

Sushiglutton
02-19-2014, 06:36 PM
If you and your roommates only have one console it doesn't matter if Ubi implements online Co-op ;). I see what you mean though. I bet it's something Ubi have/are considered/ing, but it would require a ton of work as all gameplay systems need to be tuned fo it. We'll se though.

oliacr
02-19-2014, 06:43 PM
If you and your roommates only have one console it doesn't matter if Ubi implements online Co-op ;). I see what you mean though. I bet it's something Ubi have/are considered/ing, but it would require a ton of work as all gameplay systems need to be tuned fo it. We'll se though.

They make the Single story, and instead of a DLC like freedom cry was, they can create a coop story with a shorter story or something like this. I don't care though. Just I'm hoping that they will make it happen one day, maybe now with the next AC :)

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Would be nice if it was offline, but I think they'd have to work with a different mentality of Game Design to accomplish something enjoyable. It can't just be "Oh, they'll just add another player" I think they'd need to work a lot on the amount of layers of every mission.

Fatal-Feit
02-19-2014, 07:50 PM
So Wolf Pack isn't enough? Come on guys, we already have MP with co-op. A SP co-op sounds great now, but I'm telling you it won't be. They'd have to strip collectibles, treasure chests, dynamic missions, and a bunch of other c.r.a.p that'll make the experience almost as drab and linear as Assassin's Creed 1.

Now an Assassin's Creed MMORPG. That's something I would support.

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 07:51 PM
So Wolf Pack isn't enough?

Offline co-op

I-Like-Pie45
02-19-2014, 08:19 PM
storywise, to set co-op up

we could have abstergo or rebecca invent a new animus that lets two different people use it at once so that the lives of two buddies in the same location can be experienced at once

Dome500
02-19-2014, 08:31 PM
I agree OP.

I think a coop campaign would give players a lot of replay value and fun, especially if it is some kind of side-story to the actual plot.
In coop you might play 2 Assassin friends of the main protagonist having their own missions and goals.
This is something I hoped for a long time now.

Wolfpack is really cool, but I'd rather have a more singleplayer-oriented coop campaign.
So I would definitely support and play that.