PDA

View Full Version : To subtitle or not to subtitle?

lothario-da-be
02-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Okay, so ac4 had a subtitle, Black flag. It was truly hated in the beggining people didn't want a numbered game with a subtitle. I wasn't fond of it too. Now I am kinda ok with it. But now with most likely ac5 to be announced in the next weeks is was wondering if it would have a subtitle. I hope not. But what do you guys think? To subtitle or not to subtitle?

Assassin_M
02-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Don't really care...people think a game name means something...doesn't really bother me at all

"Butt creed, the penetration"
"Angry Creed, the Psycho"
"Pirate's Creed, the Joke that killed me"
"My name is Creed, i'm not a terrorist"
"The Creed is still in my pocket"

don't care

lothario-da-be
02-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Don't really care...people think a game name means something...doesn't really bother me at all

"Butt creed, the penetration"
"Angry Creed, the Psycho"
"Pirate's Creed, the Joke that killed me"
"My name is Creed, i'm not a terrorist"
"The Creed is still in my pocket"

don't care
Sure the title doesn't make a better game, but the box looked so nice and clean with just Assassin's creed 3 on it. :p

Assassin_M
02-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Sure the title doesn't make a better game, but the box looked so nice and clean with just Assassin's creed 3 on it. :p
Don't care about the box either 8P

Box doesn't make a better game;)

LoyalACFan
02-12-2014, 09:16 PM
I don't care. However, it would probably be a smart business move to put just a numeral on it, so people will think it's a "true" sequel instead of a spinoff. For the same reason that it was smart to call Connor's game AC3, even though the spinoffs were main console releases vital to the story and it was pretty much AC5 by that point. Having a subtitle would just make people go into the whole "Pirate's Creed" complaint again, only this time it'll be Ninja's Creed, or Samurai's Creed, or Cowboy's Creed, or Insurance Salesman's Creed, or whatever it's gonna be.

lothario-da-be
02-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Don't care about the box either 8P

Box doesn't make a better game;)
The box means the difference between selling a game I don't like or not. :)

NAVID4ASSASSIN
02-12-2014, 09:22 PM
well, i do care about the subtitles cause it has been proved to me that AC + subtitle will be a better game, like brotherhood or revelations or black flag.:p

lothario-da-be
02-12-2014, 09:26 PM
well, i do care about the subtitles cause it has been proved to me that AC + subtitle will be a better game, like brotherhood or revelations or black flag.:p
One does not simply call acr better then ac1 and ac2. :p
Watch out for the haters now.

Assassin_M
02-12-2014, 09:26 PM
The box means the difference between selling a game I don't like or not. :)
Come now, would the title REALLY stop you from buying an AC game because the box does not look clean? xP

Assassin_M
02-12-2014, 09:27 PM
One does not simply call acr better then ac1 and ac2. :p
Watch out for the haters now.
Everything is better than AC II

lothario-da-be
02-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Come now, would the title REALLY stop you from buying an AC game because the box does not look clean? xP
Would another Ezio game stop you from buying it? :p

NAVID4ASSASSIN
02-12-2014, 09:50 PM

yea but AC II is better than ac3:cool:

Alphacos007
02-12-2014, 10:06 PM
yea but AC II is better than ac3:cool:

Then nothing is better than AC2 .

Now on topic, I don't care either. Not even for the box as I always buy the digital version lol.

NAVID4ASSASSIN
02-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Then nothing is better than AC2 .

Now on topic, I don't care either. Not even for the box as I always buy the digital version lol.

on topic, yea i care about it but let me throw some salt plz, cuz i think im damn funny::p
well....
ac5: rising of butthurts
ac5: gorilla is back
ac5: boarding ships simulations
ac5: A-hoy connor
theres so much, but im out of ideas 4 now.:cool:

SixKeys
02-12-2014, 11:34 PM
We can only wait and see what they do with AC5. IMO AC4's subtitle was an indication that they're gonna start giving subtitles to all subsequent games from now on. With us getting a new AC every year - if the rumors are true, maybe even more than one - people are gonna start getting confused. Some people still refer to Brotherhood as AC3. If we're going to end up with AC13 somewhere down the line, it'll be more convenient for everyone to just start referring to the games by their subtitle, as an instant reminder. "AC4? Which one was that again? Oh yeah, the pirate one".

ze_topazio
02-13-2014, 12:51 AM
Electric Boogaloo, I've seen the future I'm telling you.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/102np8k.jpg

edit: OMG, post 1500, the year of the discovery of Brazil, Brazil confirmed for AC5.

I-Like-Pie45
02-13-2014, 02:02 AM

what about David

IWGCJoeCool
02-13-2014, 02:46 AM
i'm still nor sure what Ubi is doing with the titles. have they turned a corner because D is dead? or were the Ezio spin-offs one-offs?(two-offs lol )

are we done with the spinoffs of one character hero? all this other media stuff pretty well kills further adventures in the life

will they all be numbered and subtitled now, with unrelated heros, both in time and familial?

i dunno man!!!!!