PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Ranking System...

erauflyer
03-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Hi all,
I was wondering if there is a patch out there somewhere that modifies the ranking system on the offline campaign? For instance,I've noticed that when I start a German campaign, I always begin as an Oberfeldwebel. If I'm not mistaken, many Luftwaffe pilots ended up in squadrons at least as Unteroffizers or, even in the latter war period, Gefreiters and Fliegers. I think that that would make things a little more realistic starting out as a "Nachwuch" (Thats Luftwaffe talk for "Newbie" http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)rather than a hardened officer canadite.Heck, I can think of several Obfw's with the Knights Cross and 50 victories!! Maybe this kind of thing is also relevent to other campaigns as well? Any input, including your thoughts, would be appreciated!

Till next time...

erauflyer
03-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Hi all,
I was wondering if there is a patch out there somewhere that modifies the ranking system on the offline campaign? For instance,I've noticed that when I start a German campaign, I always begin as an Oberfeldwebel. If I'm not mistaken, many Luftwaffe pilots ended up in squadrons at least as Unteroffizers or, even in the latter war period, Gefreiters and Fliegers. I think that that would make things a little more realistic starting out as a "Nachwuch" (Thats Luftwaffe talk for "Newbie" http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)rather than a hardened officer canadite.Heck, I can think of several Obfw's with the Knights Cross and 50 victories!! Maybe this kind of thing is also relevent to other campaigns as well? Any input, including your thoughts, would be appreciated!

Till next time...

Hrannar
03-31-2004, 03:50 AM
Open the Campaign folder (the default path to it should be C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Missions\Campaign\) and then open the DE folder. There should be a file named rank.properties, open the file with Notepad, you should see a listing like this one:
0 Gefreiter
1 Unteroffizier
2 Feldwebel
3 Oberfeldwebel
4 Leutnant
5 Oberleutnant
6 Hauptmann
(Note I have already changed the rankings), edit it, save the file, and you're done.