PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's New Rivals ? New Foes ? and additional Secret Societies?

Landruner
02-12-2014, 04:26 AM
We all know about the the rivalry between two ancient secret societies: The Assassin Vs Knights Templar

But imagine if the Assassin were engaged to actually deal with more than one secret society beside the Knights Templar(*)

If it was the case, what is/are the other known or unknown secret society(ies) you would like your assassin have to deal with and why?

You may present a secret society that did not exist and that you actually made up by your own imagination as well, or any enemy, college, club, brotherhood or organization you would like to be added as rival.

(*) Because of the history references through the time up to the modern days, [see the AC encyclopedias, The AC Initiate Database and The Novels] unless of a spin off. I honestly do not think that Ubisoft can actually remove the knight Templar from an AC game.
My point that not so many will like an Assassin creed without the Templar on it (unless it is a spin off) however; some new rival(s) could be added and inserted for the future games without affecting the AC's lore.

---------------------------
//Please try to stay on the line, and if you have to troll try make it funny//:p

Alphacos007
02-12-2014, 04:34 AM
Masons or Illuminati would be interesting, even though I doubt they'll ever add those for obvious reasons.
It would be very interesting if they added the Initiates to the next game's plot though.

LoyalACFan
02-12-2014, 04:43 AM
That weird Instruments of the First Will is probably going to return. Other than that... Well, they've already used the Hermetic Order, so... I dunno, maybe they could tie something in with Consus? I really want them to explain WTF happened with Giovanni Borgia. As well as Erudito, I mean come on, they've been stringing that bullcrap out for four games now and we still don't even know what Erudito is.

I really don't want them to do any Illuminati crap, I'm WAY tired of hearing about that BS.

Consus_E
02-12-2014, 05:07 AM
I think that the Assassins should have more foes... The enemy of the Assassin order should be the Templar ideology rather than:
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/KILL+ALL+THE+TEMPLARS+.+A+modification+of+CLEAN+AL L+THE_719a1c_3159406.jpg
This is how I think it should have been:
AC1/R- Knights Templar (with Ezio fighting a more modern incarnation and learning more about this his enemies through Altair's memories)

AC2/B- Hermetic Order
AC3- Free Masons? Or just a group of like minded individuals lead by Haytham Kenway...
AC4- The Sage I guess, the Templars in AC4 were kinda meh... Or maybe just the Empires.
With Abstergo being it's own separate entity devoted to similar ideals.

Landruner
02-12-2014, 04:14 PM
I think I will go to create one from scratch and create an imaginary one with its own doctrine and codes - either by taking some inspiration by some already known secret society, or by one completely lost through the time of this history.

The more information and specific rules, values, anecdotes, codes and background added will make it more credible and believable.

The reason why I will do this, is because if I use a specific secret society already known, I have to make sure that my time period corresponds to that secret society existence or activities (or its founding) during the time period in order of not being anachronistic with that time period. Example Illuminati in middle age or Rome antic. By consequence I can set and adapt that imaginary secret society in any time period in the history I want to set my story without having restriction and concern of anachronism.

I can go from creating a secret society up to a brotherhood or a hidden and secretive college that never really existed (but sounds it has) and that can be some new rivals to the assassins or rival to the knights Templar as or their ally against the Assassins without interfering with the fight Assassin vs Templar and the historical content and location of the game.

Alphacos007
02-12-2014, 05:34 PM
I really don't want them to do any Illuminati crap, I'm WAY tired of hearing about that BS.

I didn't mean the Illuminati from the Conspiracy Theories, but the real ones, who actually existed back in their time.
But I still think the Initiates would be the best ones, specially because they're written from scratch so they don't have to follow any history behind them.

Assassin_M
02-12-2014, 06:49 PM
That would be interesting. There're a few factions that can take that place. It was disappointing that the Masons had no part in AC III. they didn't have to be antagonistic, but i'd have thought they'd at least want Connor to join their ranks only to have Connor reveal to them that he cannot..etc. would've made a nice little side story...with the Masons becoming interested in Connor's "club"

We have the instruments of the first will arc, which will most likely include the Assassins and Templars forming a temporary alliance.
Erudito, though they seem neutral, I don't think they'd make an enemy of the Assassins.
Initiates....those are interesting...they seem to have tabs on everyone, but are currently focusing on the Assassins...we'll see what happens there

We need more historical factions, though...

Landruner
02-12-2014, 10:37 PM
That would be interesting. There're a few factions that can take that place. It was disappointing that the Masons had no part in AC III. they didn't have to be antagonistic, but i'd have thought they'd at least want Connor to join their ranks only to have Connor reveal to them that he cannot..etc. would've made a nice little side story...with the Masons becoming interested in Connor's "club"

We have the instruments of the first will arc, which will most likely include the Assassins and Templars forming a temporary alliance.
Erudito, though they seem neutral, I don't think they'd make an enemy of the Assassins.
Initiates....those are interesting...they seem to have tabs on everyone, but are currently focusing on the Assassins...we'll see what happens there

We need more historical factions, though...

I really never understood (or i should say I understand too well) what the fuse had been with AC3 the free Masons and the cities underground in AC3. I believe that like most of the AC3's featires, something was there at first, but did not get the chance to be elaborated before the release of the game. The idea of the cities underground was great, especially to leave you the option to explore them at your own pace, alas something there was not quiet finished, and i believe this is what could have been one of the new AC3 features - the free Masons and their mysteries. Instead of an amazing mystery challenge the underground were turned into some wanna be copy cat glyph clues of AC2 & ACB whereas players were expecting those parts to be deeper and more interactive and interesting they really were in the game. Like the rest. AC3 came with a lot of nice ideas but actually most were only superficial and none made it completely to their original concept. Imagine hoe great it would have been to explore those underground and discovering and having to deal with he free masons brotherhood there.