PDA

View Full Version : FORUM RULES - please read

Thunak
05-17-2004, 04:05 AM
Following the shameful display of foul language and hate-speech over the week-end, here is a reminder of the Ubisoft forum rules.

The devs actually read the boards and do take your opinions and suggestions very seriously. Your voice does count inthe making of this yet unfinished game. Insulting them will not make them any more sympathetic towards you. If you are upset or angry please think twice before hitting the "Post Now" button. A post written in a clear an articulate fashion will always have a greater impact than a flaming rant.

T

RULES OF CONDUCT

In addition to the limitations set forth above, you will violate the Terms of Use if you in Ubi's sole discretion (or others using your Account) do any of the following:

Post, transmit, promote, or distribute Communications or content that is illegal.

Harass, threaten, embarrass, or stalk or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another Member or Guest.

Post content or send Communications of any form impugning someone's race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, political beliefs, or ethnic heritage.

Transmit or facilitate distribution of content or Communications that are harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable.

Post or communicate "Hate speech."

Organize or form or attempt to organize or form any groups online and/or among other Members or Guests based on slanderous or hate philosophies.

Modify any part of the Sites and/or Software without the prior written consent of Ubi.

Disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms or within Software that include chat functionality with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, or flooding [posting repetitive text].

Impersonate another person (including celebrities), impersonate a Ubi employee or a representative of Ubi, attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent Ubi or any of Ubi's partners or affiliates.

Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from Ubi servers or otherwise acquire a password, street address, credit card numbers, account information, or any other private information from a Member or any other user on the Sites.

Give false information or intentionally hide any information that is required by the Sites or the Software.

Share your account password with anyone and/or sell or otherwise transfer your account to anyone.

Do not follow the instructions of authorized personnel on the Sites.

Upload or distribute any software or content that you do not own or have permission to freely distribute.

Promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.

Upload files that contain a virus or corrupted data.

Post Communications for any purpose other than personal communication, or transmit advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or make any commercial use of our Sites.

Improperly use the in game support or complaint buttons or make false reports to Ubi staff members.

Violate the terms of use of third party tools, interactive service providers, state, local, federal laws, or foreign or international law where appropriate.

Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.

Restrict or inhibit any other Member or user from using and enjoying the communication features on the Sites.

Sell or distribute, outside of the game, any element of the games including without limitation game's characters, names, weapons, objects, skills, virtual currency and other features.

Character names you may create in the Software and on the Sites are subject to the same rules and guidelines as other forms of in-game or Sites Communication in addition to any specific character naming policies specifically applicable to the games. In the event a character name does not conform to these guidelines, Ubi shall have the right to suspend and/or terminate your account, or at Ubi's sole discretion change the character names that do not conform to the guidelines.

Thunak
05-17-2004, 04:05 AM
Following the shameful display of foul language and hate-speech over the week-end, here is a reminder of the Ubisoft forum rules.

The devs actually read the boards and do take your opinions and suggestions very seriously. Your voice does count inthe making of this yet unfinished game. Insulting them will not make them any more sympathetic towards you. If you are upset or angry please think twice before hitting the "Post Now" button. A post written in a clear an articulate fashion will always have a greater impact than a flaming rant.

T

RULES OF CONDUCT

In addition to the limitations set forth above, you will violate the Terms of Use if you in Ubi's sole discretion (or others using your Account) do any of the following:

Post, transmit, promote, or distribute Communications or content that is illegal.

Harass, threaten, embarrass, or stalk or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another Member or Guest.

Post content or send Communications of any form impugning someone's race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, political beliefs, or ethnic heritage.

Transmit or facilitate distribution of content or Communications that are harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable.

Post or communicate "Hate speech."

Organize or form or attempt to organize or form any groups online and/or among other Members or Guests based on slanderous or hate philosophies.

Modify any part of the Sites and/or Software without the prior written consent of Ubi.

Disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms or within Software that include chat functionality with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, or flooding [posting repetitive text].

Impersonate another person (including celebrities), impersonate a Ubi employee or a representative of Ubi, attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent Ubi or any of Ubi's partners or affiliates.

Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from Ubi servers or otherwise acquire a password, street address, credit card numbers, account information, or any other private information from a Member or any other user on the Sites.

Give false information or intentionally hide any information that is required by the Sites or the Software.

Share your account password with anyone and/or sell or otherwise transfer your account to anyone.

Do not follow the instructions of authorized personnel on the Sites.

Upload or distribute any software or content that you do not own or have permission to freely distribute.

Promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.

Upload files that contain a virus or corrupted data.

Post Communications for any purpose other than personal communication, or transmit advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or make any commercial use of our Sites.

Improperly use the in game support or complaint buttons or make false reports to Ubi staff members.

Violate the terms of use of third party tools, interactive service providers, state, local, federal laws, or foreign or international law where appropriate.

Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.

Restrict or inhibit any other Member or user from using and enjoying the communication features on the Sites.

Sell or distribute, outside of the game, any element of the games including without limitation game's characters, names, weapons, objects, skills, virtual currency and other features.

Character names you may create in the Software and on the Sites are subject to the same rules and guidelines as other forms of in-game or Sites Communication in addition to any specific character naming policies specifically applicable to the games. In the event a character name does not conform to these guidelines, Ubi shall have the right to suspend and/or terminate your account, or at Ubi's sole discretion change the character names that do not conform to the guidelines.

Thomsen9U
05-17-2004, 05:09 AM
I'm full in line with the written above and I hope that the **** words are not more used. I would like to add only two thoughts.

1.) (And that's a personal one) Please take in mind that not all wirters in this forum have english as their mother language. There is always the chance of missunderstanding simply due to problems with the english language. Except from that are for sure the f*** words. Even a person who is not able to wirte fluently in a foreign lanuguage can swear and he should avoid that.

2.) You wrote above that the devs are reading here. I would like to suggest that we get some response from them regarding our wishes and fears.
I do not want an daily update on their activities, but if we would get some feedback from the devs I think that also the style in this forum would change to a better behaviour. As long as we think that we shout in an empty room, the shouting is becoming louder and more *****.
Give us some echoes please, to calm down the situation.

Mahlzeit

Stefan
U 664
http://sgaertner.bei.t-online.de/henne.jpg

Kejotikk
05-17-2004, 05:22 AM
I'll have to agree with Thomsen, alot of this frustration is because all our fears about this game has turned out true and when trying to express our concerns it seems that we are talking to a wall.

Saetta
05-17-2004, 06:55 AM
Yep, it'd be more interesting to answer polls about the campaign structure ...

Stevepine
05-22-2004, 12:11 PM
HI there,
but really do you think the developers will really take any notice . I hope so but im sceptical.

TASKFORCE1x1
06-22-2004, 03:21 AM
SHIII is such a good game I dont know why anyone would even think of being harsh with their attitudes twards staff or members on this forum. With SHIII soon on the horizon we should just be happy that all is on schedual for the Q3 release. Angering the creators of SHIII could only prolong the game's release in my opinion. I look forward to my copy of the game soon and not later because of a select few. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Keep on Smiling'

Egan2.0
07-22-2004, 09:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TASKFORCE1x1:
SHIII is such a good game
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? When did it come out? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TASKFORCE1x1
07-22-2004, 02:41 PM
It didnt come out yet. Ive been a sub sim player ever since the first sub game GATO. I have most all of them. SH1 SH2 were good sims but SHIII will top them all. Look at the trailer and screen shots from silent-hunteriii.com and subsim and a few other websites out there. The more you look and read the more you learn about what SHIII has to offer. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/sonar.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/sonar.gif

Keep on Smiling'

macker33
07-22-2004, 09:57 PM
A strange thing just accured to me(?).

I must have typed some sort of swear word because there were asterisks instead,if you dont believe me watch this" **** "(as in dasterdly).

Sailors were known for for having colourful language,Now i know we arent real sailors but its kind of like the swastika and realism arguements,i dunno,i suppose i'll just have to chalk it down,rules are rules.

As for foul language and hate speak,there are two kinds of people in the world,good minded and bad minded and thats about it.

Well i'll be away on patrol for a few days so until then ,fair weather.

Egan2.0
07-23-2004, 06:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TASKFORCE1x1:
It didnt come out yet. Ive been a sub sim player ever since the first sub game GATO. I have most all of them. SH1 SH2 were good sims but SHIII will top them all. Look at the trailer and screen shots from silent-hunteriii.com and subsim and a few other websites out there. The more you look and read the more you learn about what SHIII has to offer. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/sonar.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/sonar.gif

Keep on Smiling'<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's going to take more than screen shots and the mention of (as yet)to-be-fully confirmed features for me to feel as optimistic as you, i'm afraid. There have been too many games in the past that i've thought would be the dogs bollocks only to discover that they lost something between the planning board and the store. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

But, I will say this: SH3 - if it truly delivers what it promises - will be not only the best subsim but quite possibly the best sim in many, many years. I AM excited - just cautious.

macker33, I know what you meen! Funnilly enough in Iron Coffins, Werner makes the point that men with a taste for the colorful make the best sailors - quite different than in the book Silent Running where the writer has entirely the different view.

Personally If i was being depth charged I would be swearing like a trooper. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif but then, i swear like a trooper most of the time anyway!

TASKFORCE1x1
07-30-2004, 09:17 AM
I just got a new surround sound system in this computer room in my house. If I get DC'ed and the room shakes its enough to sell me on SHIII http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif . If the walls crack I will start to worry! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Keep on Smiling'

Egan2.0
08-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Ah yeah. That sounds good. I hope the sound in the game makes it worth it. It's half the atmosphere.

TASKFORCE1x1
08-15-2004, 02:28 AM
I had a ceiling leak in the basement laundry room one time. That surely got me worried. First thing to mind was it felt like being in a sub. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Keep on Smiling'