PDA

View Full Version : How to stop the spam once and for all

pacmanate
02-11-2014, 06:03 PM
1. Apparently you guys know the IP address of these spam people, they all originate from India. How about putting in a system where moderators have to approve members to the forums? That way they can see before hand the IP addresses of members and accept them, sort of what NeoGaf has in place.

2. Put a 1 - 2 thread a day cap on every member on the forums.

Sorted. If you can't do number 1, number 2 is a surefire way of getting this all sorted.

poptartz20
02-11-2014, 06:21 PM
I like you're Idea pac! especially #2 because I'm not sure if they could do that for 1 exactly. Because if they were using a place like a library or some kind of internet hub there could be multiple ip addresses coming form the same place. (they might even have multiple ones set up on their computer. )

My other concern would be if they did implement some kind "thread cap" on each user what's keeping this same person or people from creating multiple accounts and then just keep on doing what they are doing. :|

I mean they are willing to do the Image Verification each time. SO why not make an account each time. -- Granted it would take more time for them to do this but they seem pretty dedicated anyways.

LoyalACFan
02-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Idea #1 would likely lead to backlog and frustration among legitimate new users, not to mention a constant headache for the mods. But Idea #2 would work fine, I think. Although it wouldn't have to be among ALL forum members, they could just put a cap on people with less than, say, 50 posts.

Mr_Shade
02-11-2014, 07:37 PM
The team are investigating options, so please do not start new threads about the topic, when one already exists.