PDA

View Full Version : who are these ppl and why can't i kill them?

wildheart25c
02-11-2014, 05:13 PM
This is in AC 3. They dress like soldiers but cover their mouths with black cloth. One time they threw hand grandes at me. Usually they have swords and MAYBE guns. Countering doesn't work. Breaking defense doesn't work. It's just lucky shots that I get or I haven't figured out the pattern yet :D Oh and I never seem them in the groups of soldiers that walk buy. They just come out of nowhere.

So who are they and why can't I kill them?

playlisting
02-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Those are just regular soldiers. It's just that some have the cloth and some don't. Not sure why it's not letting you kill them.

wildheart25c
02-11-2014, 07:47 PM
r u sure? they dont dress like regular soldiers. special forces 17th century style :D

BarmyTaffster
02-11-2014, 08:34 PM
r u sure? they dont dress like regular soldiers. special forces 17th century style :D

you get attacked by 2 or maybe 3 of them? They could be the elite soldiers that come after you when your rep is at max. I always smoke bomb them they die easy then :D

playlisting
02-11-2014, 09:36 PM

Lol, they are kind of. I looked it up and they're called Jagers. They're German soldiers that were hired by the British during the revolutionary war. As you said, countering nor break defence works on these guys. I'd advise hunting for posters and ripping them down. They only appear when your notoriety is at full so if you rip down 3 posters then you'll be back to fighting normal soldiers. The reason I thought they were just normal soldiers is because some of them do have a dark cloth covering their mouths and since I have a tendency to make sure my notoriety is at 0 all the time, I never fought them. Hope this helps (:

Better explenation of what they are = http://uk.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-3/Jager

YazX_
02-11-2014, 09:44 PM
you need to disarm them when they attack and then you can beat the crap out of them, when they attack you, counter (i think shift is the default key) then press space (legs key) to disarm, if you have equipped your tomahawk while doing the disarm thing, his weapon will fall on the ground and u will reserve your tomahawk, if you do it empty handed then you will take his weapon, then the rest is up to you. and they appear when your notoriety level reaches 3 which is the max level, here comes the issue with AC3, soldiers keep coming, they spawn from no where and you keep killing them, the only way to get rid of them is to lower your notoriety levels by bribing printers or removing posters.

another tactic to kill any guard is to use rope dart to make him fall on the ground and finish him with one hit.

Alphacos007
02-12-2014, 01:11 AM
Just like YAZ said, you have to disarm them in order to kill them.
You counter using the E key (and not shift as he mentioned) and then space bar to disarm. After that I just attack them normally.

jeffies04
02-12-2014, 05:43 PM
Also I noticed when they're hunting you on max notoriety (bells sounding in cities), their detection range is HUGE. They'll spot you from two blocks away it seems and literally do seem to come from nowhere.

wildheart25c
02-14-2014, 08:43 PM
thanx y'all. what you said reminded me of AC I. I recall learning that doing it empty handed always works. I keep trying to attack but they block it. My hits never connect. But then I get taught disarming empty handed. And that always worked. So I'm definitely going to try it out next time.
I always forget to disarm empty handed. Again thank you for telling me this. I'll try it out.