PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate question? - what is a true & real assassin?

Landruner
02-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Okay, I start that thread because I am no clue of what a real assassin is?

I kindly thanks MnemonicSyntax and my forum friend Hans684 for giving me today, the idea of asking in public this question, since we had been talking and wondering what a TRUE & REAL assassin is. Actually Hans asked me that question in his thread because obviously I used it for a sarcastic joke without actually knowing that for some it could matter and being relevant for realism or personal motivations or feelings.

I recall having seen that quote of being a True Assassin several times over the past months in several threads and posts and I have no actually any idea what it is? but after seen this I assume that some probably know what a real assassin is in real life, and what makes it a true one.

No offense to anyone that could have used it before, and it is not the goal of this threat to point it to anyone or someone on this forum.

So, once again what a true and real assassin is? - what is the definition for you, what is his/her motivations and what he/she looks like according to you, and what for you makes a true and real assassin a genuine one?

TRY TO MORE FOCUS IN THAT PART:

I have no knowledge of what a real assassin can be in real life, and I have no knowledge of what could make an assassin a true one in real life, except that an assassin assassins people, and by my standard he/she is already an assassin. I have an idea of what an assassin could be in real life, but am I correct?

But if someone was really a hitman in real life, how do you think he/she proceeds? what do they do?. what do they avoid to do? - which kind of weapon do you think they use? what a real assassin should do or act in real life?. What a real Assassin will be in real life?

What makes a real and true assassin different from a fictional character from the assassin creed series?

//TRY TO STAY ON THE LINE AND IF YOU HAVE TO TROLL TRY TO BE FUNNY IN DOING IT//

Assassin_M
02-10-2014, 09:15 PM
It's all subjective. We humans like to stick labels to our nifty little opinions. labels like "true", "educated", "supported with facts". it makes us feel better about ourselves. subjectivity; however, does not...subjectivity makes us realize our place in the world. our tiny place. our worthless place, but we don't like that, do we? no...we crave for greatness...being better. entitlement, objectivity...we ridicule those who we deem inferior, all on the pedestal of our own ego.

"What is the true AC game"
"What is a true AC fan"
"Who is a true Assassin"
"Who is a true Templar"

All idiotic questions asked by not so necessarily idiotic people, but because they have been called out by idiocy "you don't know the true meaning of being an Assassin" when were the standards placed?? i must'v been dozing off when that happened.

I do not intend to wait for appraisal about this truth...I only wait when a certain someone (or ones) replies to this by explaining what is a true Assassin. By then, I will point at my screen and laugh.

OP, you have started a fire that will rage on for days....it's pointless

A true Assassin must be funny and charming, a ladies man...someone who'll tickle my fantasies about my pathetic life and turn me into a female chasing playboy, because i'm so pathetic and worthless...clicking on my keyboard, hoping that someone would notice me...ohohoho booooo

A true Assassin must be a hunky, hot emo dude, because true assassins are steamy mmmmmm....emo to be cute...oh my gosh with puppy eyes too and his life should be crap too, because i'm not the only one who should be miserable.

A true Assassin must be a silent, stone cold badass, because i'm always a cowardly little baby waaaaa, he will keep me safe and make me feel like a tank mweeeeeeee huhuhuhuh

Landruner
02-10-2014, 09:32 PM
It's all subjective. We humans like to stick labels to our nifty little opinions. labels like "true", "educated", "supported with facts". it makes us feel better about ourselves. subjectivity; however, does not...subjectivity makes us realize our place in the world. our tiny place. our worthless place, but we don't like that, do we? no...we crave for greatness...being better. entitlement, objectivity...we ridicule those who we deem inferior, all on the pedestal of our own ego.

"What is a true AC fan"
"Who is a true Assassin"
"Who is a true Templar"

All idiotic questions asked by not so necessarily idiotic people, but because they have been called out by idiocy "you don't know the true meaning of being an Assassin" when were the standards placed?? i must'v been dozing off when that happened.

I do not intend to wait for appraisal about this truth...I only wait when a certain someone (or ones) replies to this by explaining what is a true Assassin. By then, I will point at my screen and laugh.

A true Assassin must be funny and charming, a ladies man...someone who'll tickle my fantasies about my pathetic life and turn me into a female chasing playboy, because i'm so pathetic and worthless...clicking on my keyboard, hoping that someone would notice me...ohohoho booooo

Thank you for your reply M, you are right, I figure that I tossed fuel in the fire, which i am going to re-edit my thread for preventing over trolling posts of rage and dispute. Note that I also ask the question what people think or imagine what the life of an assassin in real life could be - Perhaps I should emphasis more on that question instead.

Hans684
02-10-2014, 09:49 PM

"What is a true AC fan"
"Who is a true Assassin"
"Who is a true Templar"

A true Assassin must be a hunky, hot emo dude, because true assassins are steamy mmmmmm....emo to be cute...oh my gosh with puppy eyes too and his life should be crap too, because i'm not the only one who should be miserable.

A true Assassin must be a silent, stone cold badass, because i'm always a cowardly little baby waaaaa, he will keep me safe and make me feel like a tank mweeeeeeee huhuhuhuh

That's some bold talk coming from a AC fan, matter a fact I happen to agree but it's an interesting topic. It's worth the discussion.

Hans684
02-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Read those first:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth

Then these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja

You also have to remember this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-life_of_knowledge

Other factors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin_(disambiguation)

Assassin originally referred to members of the medieval Ismaili order of Assassins.

Assassin may also refer to:
Assassin, one who commits a targeted murder or assassination

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_(disambiguation)

Assassination is the targeted murder of a high-profile person, usually by surprise attack and for political purposes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination

To compare with the fictional AC version:

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassins

Note: I will go thought it myself but not now, enjoy!

AssassinHMS
02-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Assassin’s Creed isn’t about assassins (the term that includes any person who commits the act of murder) but about Assassins (a specific sect that actually existed and who used political assassination to further their own interests). Objectively speaking, these are the real Assassins. If AC was simply about killing people, about some made-up assassins/murderers, I might not have bought the games in the first place. What interested me was the historical part, the fact that these Assassins are (sort of) real, they actually existed. They have an ideology (which I consider interesting), they killed for a “higher purpose” and they were responsible for the deaths of many important historical figures. In other words, what gained my interest was the realism.

If AC was another game about a person who becomes a killer, driven by revenge and who uses superpowers to defeat his enemies, I wouldn’t be here moaning about it.
The problem is, that is what AC became. The story no longer focuses on the whole and spends most of the time worried about the protagonist (How was your childhood? What do you like? What do you hate? How’s your social life? Etc.)

Both the gameplay and the story are no longer about being an Assassin, they are about being Connor, or being Edward or being Ezio (although back then, in AC2, this was, relatively, a minor thing in terms of gameplay).
Now, AC is about this guy (and not about this sect) who becomes an assassin (but hardly an Assassin) and uses super powers to defeat his enemies. Yes, you could say the super powers were here since the first game but they did not belong to AC’s original idea and, most importantly, they are severely dubbing down the gameplay and taking all the fun from it.
Because of this, the historical component is lacking and the huge amount of historical characters doesn’t help one bit (if anything it only makes it worse since the game can’t possibly explore all of their characters as much as they deserve and the story ends up feeling rushed).
And of course Assassin’s Creed is a work of fiction. That is how we are able to play as Assassins in the present or after the History books told their order crumbled. And I’m fine with all this lack of realism, in fact, I like it. I like leaps of faith (as long as they aren’t overly exaggerated), I don’t particularly like “The Ones Who Came Before” plot but I can live with it, I like the animus’ concept, I like all the mystery that surrounds the pieces of Eden and I like all the wisdom the animus provides (“how History actually happened”).
However, I like both the realism and the lack of it, not because I blindly favor one or the other, but because I favor the best experience. The lack of realism can make the experience better but so can the realism. It’s all about the final product.
AC is about putting the player in the shoes of an Assassin. Of course this isn’t literal. They don’t want the player to have to go to the bathroom (like some extremists suggested) but they want the player to feel like an Assassin, they want to capture the overall feel. That is the concept behind AC. Leaps of faith don’t go against it, the animus doesn’t go against it but, there is one thing that goes against it, being Hulk.
The Assassins are Assassins exactly because they aren’t Hulk. They became infamous for how they can slip by, for their ability to “disappear” and to infiltrate the most heavily guarded locations. They carried the message that “no one is safe” no matter how many guards one hires or how many walls are placed in between. If you go against their ideology (rob people of their freedom, are an obstacle to peace, etc.), they will get to you and you won’t even notice.
Being Hulk defeats the whole purpose. How did the order do so badly if they had one-man-armies within their ranks? Why do Assassins spend decades practicing and honing their stealth skills if they can defeat a battalion? Are the Assassins such hypocrites that they would kill thousands of guards and still claim that they keep their blade from the flesh of an innocent? And I could go on and on, and mention how Altair’s father died because he killed a single man in self-defense during an infiltration mission.

This completely goes against AC’s goal and, most importantly, it is hurting the gameplay. The core mechanics are a mess exactly because the gameplay isn’t nearly as realistic as it should and could be. Stealth is a bad joke, combat isn’t actual combat but a bad display of choreographed moves that are meant to boost the player’s ego and make him feel like God (oh no, it doesn’t hurt the experience at all and it definitely doesn’t go against AC’s goal by the way) and navigation is completely automatic and underutilized. This is the ultimate proof that AC needs realism. Where is the fun in squashing ants? Stealth is tasteless while it could be filled with tension and excitement and it could feel rewarding instead of a waste of effort.

All in all, I don’t know what a “real” Assassin is, other than the actual real Assassin, but I do know that these “AC” games are as much about real Assassins as they are about fake Assassins. In other words, they aren’t about Assassins, they aren’t about making the player feel like an Assassin. They are about making the player feel like a blood-lust psychopath who is too busy with his social life to waste time with investigation missions. Oh, and with super powers too.
If people can’t see what’s wrong with this AC then I don’t know what else to say.

Assassin_M
02-11-2014, 12:01 AM
I only wait when a certain someone (or ones) replies to this by explaining what is a true Assassin

If people can’t see what’s wrong with this AC then I don’t know what else to say.

bye

AssassinHMS
02-11-2014, 12:19 AM
bye

And where exactly did I explain what a true Assassin is? That sentence refers to AC's core mechanics, not to the definition of Assassin.

Assassin_M
02-11-2014, 12:29 AM
And where exactly did I explain what a true Assassin is? That sentence refers to AC's core mechanics, not to the definition of Assassin.
My statement was broad...not just referring to an explanation of what a true Assassin is. I listed a few questions referring to the concept I mentioned. Labels...entitlement...superiority complexes.

"if no one can see what's wrong" what does that say? what does that imply? precisely what I just mentioned..."I know everything, while every other doofus knows nothing...diluted doofuses playing a wrong game"

No, i'm not calling you out...quite frankly this place isn't worth it anymore for any type of rational discussion...i'm merely pointing out the fact how this thread will not open discussions...it wont provide debate...this thread is for people to stroke their egos....explain what a true Assassin is (Broad definition) and flail it around as a fact in everyone's face...Just take a look at the post above mine...

AdamPearce
02-11-2014, 12:30 AM
Assassins is just a name you know, you cannot tell that someone is or is not an Assassin, because there is no definition, evryone can be an 'Assassin'. Why ? Because it's all about the creed, or much likely the concept of fighting for free-will. Here's Altair (Corey May)'s message:

`` Is it truth in some objective sense? No. But how does one ever achieve an objective point of view? The answer is you don't. It is literally, physically impossible. There are too many variables. Too many fields and formulae to consider. We can try, of course. We can inch closer and closer to a revelation. But we'll never reach it. Not ever...

And so I have realized, that so long as The Templars exist, they will attempt to bend reality to their will. They recognize there is no such thing as an absolute truth – or if there is – we are hopelessly under-equipped to recognize it. And so in its place, they seek to create their own explanation. It is the guiding principle of their so-named "New World Order"; To reshape existence in their own image. It is not about artifacts. Not about men. These are merely tools. It's about concepts. Clever of them. For how does one wage war against a concept?

It is the perfect weapon. It lacks a physical form yet can alter the world around us in numerous, often violent ways. You cannot kill a creed. Even if you kill all of its adherents, destroy all of its writings – these are a reprieve at best. Some one, some day, will rediscover it. Reinvent it. I believe that even we, the Assassins, have simply re-discovered an Order that predates the Old Man himself... ``

It's all about concepts and philosophies really. But the Assassin have their way of fighting, which is Assassination, but you can't just close up on them because it is much much more than just this group, it concerns anyone who thinks and follow 'their' convictions.

Assassin_M
02-11-2014, 12:42 AM
Here's how this thread will go..

le wild random poster: "alteer and enzo are ze best and rel assassin, becaze zey say za creed fery much, but conner and edwood are no real assassiz, conner iz anger native boy and edwood is pirate, very bad assassiz"

The Connor and Edward (or one of either's) defense force of fans rally up to stop this infidel (admittedly he/she IS an idiot) and tell him that Connor and Edward are as much real Assassins as Ezio and Altair were...the Edward fans will stand down, but not the Connor rangers and this thread will AGAIN turn into another Connor defense thread...

This is nothing against you, OP...i'm sure you had the best intentions when making this thread

Fatal-Feit
02-11-2014, 12:44 AM
Well according to the series, Assassins are those who abide by the Creed. The Creed itself is more of a set guideline than a set of rules or code. People tend to assume it's something like the code that Dexter uses to assas-- murders his victims, but it's not. According to Darby in the recent AC:IV podcast, all of the previous Assassins ARE Assassins. In AC:IV sequence 10, I believe, Edward said that the 3 given laws of the Creed are just the beginning of understanding it. So basically all of the past Assassins have interpreted the Creed in their own ways and have abide by it.

In short, being a silent ninja climbing roof tops stabbing Templars with hidden blades doesn't mean you're an Assassin. Being someone who abides by their own interpretation of the Creed, fighting for liberty and justice is, however. Or I'm probably just really off and require a spanking... Which in that case, Assassin_M, by all means...

Megas_Doux
02-11-2014, 12:45 AM
bye

Look what the cat dragged in haha!!!!!

I always LOL when I read that Altair is not a man army, when factually he:

Was capable of jumping from uber tall buildings, distinguish a single enemy from an entire crowd at a great distance, traverse a battlefield full of enemies and then duel with a HIGHLY trained dozen of them at the same, while even considering the ultimate sacrifice so that the people of the holy land might find peace.

Oh! I forgot he was a cunning philosopher and inventor capable of understanding and developing all those gadgets based from knowledge of a long forgotten science that was FAAAAAR more advanced to that of his, without ANY help. And not only that, he managed to keep his deadly skills at the tender age of 80 years old, during the middle age..

Because being a mixture of Plato, Tesla, the stealthiest ninja, Gandhi, Predator, Rambo and Jack LaLanne is a common man and everyday stuff.....

Assassin_M
02-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Which in that case, Assassin_M, by all means...
*rubs hands*

AdamPearce
02-11-2014, 01:00 AM
Look what the cat dragged in haha!!!!!

I always LOL when I read that Altair is not a man army, when factually he:

Was capable of jumping from uber tall buildings, distinguish a single enemy from an entire crowd at a great distance, traverse a battlefield full of enemies and then duel with a HIGHLY trained dozen of them at the same, while even considering the ultimate sacrifice so that the people of the holy land might find peace.

Oh! I forgot he was a cunning philosopher and inventor capable of understanding and developing all those gadgets based from knowledge of a long forgotten science that was FAAAAAR more advanced to that of his, without ANY help. And not only that, he managed to keep his deadly skills at the tender age of 80 years old, during the middle age..

Because being a mixture of Plato, Tesla, the stealthiest ninja, Gandhi, Predator, Rambo and Jack LaLanne is a common man and everyday stuff.....

> Huh, itss te aplle dat gavve hime all of iz supr powrz, a truz fan wldv none !!!!
> at list i did somthng no likz thiz losher rathoonaguedoon wo cante sav a lttl villaj !!!!
> oh wll mbe e an armi btt e a tru asszins unlk tis dronk selor eddy !!! asasinz criid ? mor lk pyratt criid lol.
> wo kares enzo rocks em oll.

;)

NAVID4ASSASSIN
02-11-2014, 01:06 AM
Here's how this thread will go..

le wild random poster: "alteer and enzo are ze best and rel assassin, becaze zey say za creed fery much, but conner and edwood are no real assassiz, conner iz anger native boy and edwood is pirate, very bad assassiz"

The Connor and Edward (or one of either's) defense force of fans rally up to stop this infidel (admittedly he/she IS an idiot) and tell him that Connor and Edward are as much real Assassins as Ezio and Altair were...the Edward fans will stand down, but not the Connor rangers and this thread will AGAIN turn into another Connor defense thread...

This is nothing against you, OP...i'm sure you had the best intentions when making this thread

i cant tell my opinion in here, right? cause im a random guy and talk like that and i dont comment so much, but as u have the most comments posted here (time well spent) then ur the boss lol, yea say what u want to say, next time grow up a man and learn how to respect everyones opinion, yea when people like u love the changes that ubi made to the series that kinda ruined the series in the story aspect, hell yeah it will be some pirate adventure boarding ship and other things, but its just my opinion. i love both edward and connor. and i badly want a connor sequel this year.

Assassin_M
02-11-2014, 01:15 AM
i cant tell my opinion in here, right? cause im a random guy and talk like that and i dont comment so much
What? I wasn't referring to you..not directly at least...

next time grow up a man
But i'm a girl

Fatal-Feit
02-11-2014, 01:17 AM
i cant tell my opinion in here, right? cause im a random guy and talk like that and i dont comment so much, but as u have the most comments posted here (time well spent) then ur the boss lol, yea say what u want to say, next time grow up a man and learn how to respect everyones opinion, yea when people like u love the changes that ubi made to the series that kinda ruined the series in the story aspect, hell yeah it will be some pirate adventure boarding ship and other things, but its just my opinion. i love both edward and connor. and i badly want a connor sequel this year.

Assassin_M is commonly known for trolling so don't be offended. But never the less, he did speak some truth. The fans are really divided in their opinions of the series and what it actually is. Shakulu said something really wise that I can't forget. It was along the lines of ''The fans are very narrow-minded regardless of the fact that the series require them to be open-minded.'' For example, a majority of the fans sees ships as something randomly integrated when in reality, the series have always teased them in every game. Ships have always been a big part of the AC world, story, and gameplay. The fans have just never really payed attention to them.

Assassin_M
02-11-2014, 01:22 AM
''The fans are very narrow-minded regardless of the fact that the series require them to be open-minded.''
That can be applied to the setting as well...

Landruner
02-11-2014, 01:48 AM
Actually, I appreciate you replies and I see some interesting points made there, but I would like to know more what you guys could think what a real assassin (hitman/Ninja) could be in real life and it is more the orientation I would like to cover on this thread rather that what could have been already written in some other threads. I prefer that we get away from the AC franchise for a change and that we focus on what a real assassin (hitman/Ninja) could be in real life.

For instance what do you think a real assassin life could be?, do you think they play games? go dating? drink coffee in a local coffee shop next to their future crimes? - what is his/her philosophy? conduct code? routine? hygiene? diet? entertainment? - Do they have feeling? do their care? do they have regrets? could they be more human than human? Stuff like that.

AdamPearce
02-11-2014, 01:50 AM
But i'm a girl

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvusDYwMBye0I-7bY4_LGNBsAaAHe19UZQBXc6TsuWY34E9lmh

AdamPearce
02-11-2014, 01:55 AM
For instance what do you think a real assassin life could be?, do you think they play games? go dating? drink coffee in a local coffee shop next to their future crimes? - what is his/her philosophy? conduct code? routine? hygiene? diet? entertainment? - Do they have feeling? do their care? do they have regrets? could they be more human than human? Stuff like that.

Hmm, I personnaly am not comfortable with your topic, essentially because Hitman are a real thing and I don't think implying real life situation with the game is a good idea. Seriously we might be spot on the news for that: Assassin's Creed turns players in stone blood killers ! ...

Shahkulu101
02-11-2014, 01:56 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvusDYwMBye0I-7bY4_LGNBsAaAHe19UZQBXc6TsuWY34E9lmh

Her name is Mohammed.

Assassin_M
02-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Her name is Mohammed.
They thought the cord was my pe***, gimme a break

AdamPearce
02-11-2014, 01:58 AM
Her name is Mohammed.

Mohammed is a unisex name ? Like Alex ?

Shahkulu101
02-11-2014, 02:00 AM
Mohammed is a unisex name ? Like Alex ?

Yeah. Like Bob or Nancy.

Landruner
02-11-2014, 02:03 AM
Hmm, I personnaly am not comfortable with your topic, essentially because Hitman are a real thing and I don't think implying real life situation with the game is a good idea. Seriously we might be spot on the news for that: Assassin's Creed turns players in stone blood killers ! ...

Adam I understand, but in a way Assassin from AC could be considered as Hitmen with a creed so....? I do not try to make people uncomfortable I used Hitman as I could have used Ninjas - I would understand better that the topic could be considered as sick if I was asking about serial killers for instance, which is not the topic of this thread at all.

MnemonicSyntax
02-11-2014, 02:06 AM

"What is a true AC fan"
"Who is a true Assassin"
"Who is a true Templar"

http://netanimations.net/Creepy-looking-guy-clapping-in-theater.gif

ze_topazio
02-11-2014, 02:07 AM
Assassin_M is the secret clone of Tutankhamun and his real name is Kaká.

Assassin_M
02-11-2014, 02:09 AM
Assassin_M is the secret clone of Tutankhamun and his real name is Kaká.
*Incarnation, mind you

ze_topazio
02-11-2014, 02:16 AM
I thought you were the incarnation of Cleopatra on the cloned body of Tutankhamun and not the incarnation of Tutankhamun himself.

Assassin_M
02-11-2014, 02:21 AM
I thought you were the incarnation of Cleopatra on the cloned body of Tutankhamun and not the incarnation of Tutankhamun himself.
Tut was the incarnation of Cleopatra...I killed myself because Antonio was gay..I loved him

Landruner
02-11-2014, 02:25 AM
Tut was the incarnation of Cleopatra...I killed myself because Antonio was gay..I loved him

Ah congratulation M that thread was a trap for the truth, I always knew you cheated on me.:mad: my heart is forever broken ....

Assassin_M
02-11-2014, 02:29 AM
Ah congratulation M that thread was a trap for the truth, I always knew you cheated on me.:mad: my heart is forever broken ....
oh....my....gosh...babe...babe...it's not what it looks like

Landruner
02-11-2014, 02:33 AM
oh....my....gosh...babe...babe...it's not what it looks like

Ah shut up will ya!!! don't make it worse, I contact Ezio right away, he will take care of Ya!!! goodbye sweetie (sniff) :p

Assassin_M
02-11-2014, 02:34 AM
Ah shut up will ya!!! don't make it worse, I contact Ezio right away, it will take care of Ya!!! goodbye sweetie (sniff) :p
But babe D: can I at least get my valentine gift?

also, we better get back on topic >_>

Landruner
02-11-2014, 02:46 AM
But babe D: can I at least get my valentine gift?

also, we better get back on topic >_>

Yes you are right, I was just thinking about what Adam said earlier about being uncomfortable about the motion of the hitman - (because i was using hitman next to the Assassins). and I always guessed that the Assassins from the franchise were on a way some kind of hitmen with a Creed or for a Creed what do do think about this oh you venerable Assassin M?

Landruner
02-11-2014, 03:01 AM

I am the OP of this thread - Your opinion is welcome and you are welcome to continue to lay down your opinion like anyone else on this thread - Please do so.

pirate1802
02-11-2014, 01:34 PM
True Assassin you say? Why obviously it is only the badass Arab dude or the cool Italian playboy. Those two were only ones worthy of being called True Assassins. Rest are all imposters and unworthy. AC was good till Godtair and Godzio ruled, they were the only good and True AC games. It went to ****e after that! Any True AC fan can see that and if you don't I don't know what to say.. /cue emotional melodrama

Landruner
02-11-2014, 06:04 PM
[OFF TOPIC]

I was trying to add something to that thread and the forum got some big spam attack :mad:!