PDA

View Full Version : Gaming (Online and/or Offline)

Moanah2
02-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Greetings,

I am a gamer and also a PhD student at Nottingham Trent University (UK) that is currently doing some research on Gaming (Online and/or Offline). If you want to voluntarily take part in my survey I would be grateful :-)

Here is the link: http://svy.mk/M9Uk3u
Please note that this project is personal and has been ethically approved by the university's ethical committee.

For further questions you can contact me here,
Thanks and have a nice day everyone!

Shahkulu101
02-10-2014, 03:21 PM
From the questions it seems you have grossly overestimated the possible negative impacts of gaming. Done.

AherasSTRG
02-10-2014, 04:20 PM
You 'd expect a university student to be more open-minded than the person who wrote the questions for this survey. Society seems to be so oblivious to what a game is and keeps demonizing video games. To the person who created this thread: Know that gaming is a hobby, an occupation and like every occupation there is, if you overdo it, you lose track. That's it, nothing more, nothing special about video games. I hope that your survey ends up proving the above statement and help the world become a better place :p .

Krayus Korianis
02-10-2014, 04:45 PM
So I did the survey... But I have to ask, why was there a gambling question for video games? I don't play games where I have to gamble money.

Moanah2
02-12-2014, 03:31 PM
From the questions it seems you have grossly overestimated the possible negative impacts of gaming. Done.

Thanks for your feedback and time.
Appreciate it.

Moanah2
02-12-2014, 03:33 PM
You 'd expect a university student to be more open-minded than the person who wrote the questions for this survey. Society seems to be so oblivious to what a game is and keeps demonizing video games. To the person who created this thread: Know that gaming is a hobby, an occupation and like every occupation there is, if you overdo it, you lose track. That's it, nothing more, nothing special about video games. I hope that your survey ends up proving the above statement and help the world become a better place :p .

Thank you :)
Wish you a g'day :)

Moanah2
02-12-2014, 03:34 PM
So I did the survey... But I have to ask, why was there a gambling question for video games? I don't play games where I have to gamble money.

Thanks for your time and feedback.
Well some games and players do gamble in-game though :P maybe it is just not your case.
Thanks

Moanah2
02-16-2014, 01:20 PM
next time I will be drawing 250 pounds in cash :)
Will let you know when..

IWGCJoeCool
02-17-2014, 02:34 AM

i took it, and submitted the result, but like the quote, it just seems like the questions were skewed to go down a negative road, and i would wonder what the real subject and aim is of the reason for it. especially here, where i will go out on a limb and identify many of us as having a broader interest in real history, and lesser interest in slaughtering zombies or prostitutes.

JC

Moanah2
02-17-2014, 01:38 PM
i took it, and submitted the result, but like the quote, it just seems like the questions were skewed to go down a negative road, and i would wonder what the real subject and aim is of the reason for it. especially here, where i will go out on a limb and identify many of us as having a broader interest in real history, and lesser interest in slaughtering zombies or prostitutes.

JC

Thanks for your feedback.