PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Blood Effects

J3tFiR3117
02-10-2014, 01:26 AM
I dont know if this has been posted before. I was wondering if the blood was purposely toned down. In AC3 you could see blood on the clothes and everything. I've seen its still there on PS3/360 but its gone on the next gen systems? So just wondering is it a bug or something.

Kagurra
02-10-2014, 03:00 AM
AC really needs a graphical blood update.

IMO.

SixKeys
02-10-2014, 03:08 AM
It's sad that AC1 still has the most realistic blood effects in the whole series. AC3 was okay, but the blood still looks too cartoony outside of cut scenes.

Assassin_M
02-10-2014, 03:13 AM
Go back to AC I, nuff said...the mist blood was the best...AC II screwed it up, I hate you Patrice and everyone involved in making AC II...I hate AC II

Kagurra
02-10-2014, 03:23 AM
Go back to AC I, nuff said...the mist blood was the best...AC II screwed it up, I hate you Patrice and everyone involved in making AC II...I hate AC II

AC1 blood was ridiculous. There was one sword counter kill where you tripped the guy and stabbed him in the gut, and after you pulled the sword out, blood shot up 10 feet in the air. IRL it would just pour out to the sides like a small waterfall.

Shahkulu101
02-10-2014, 03:24 AM

Patrice, and the original team laid the most important foundations. So much of ACs uniqueness stems from the original concept. Leaps of faith, the verticality, lore, and staples such as viewpoints etc etc...

I think people overstate his impact, treating him and his games as the be all and end all and that's annoying - but you cannot undermine his impact, he essentially created AC. The flawed, beautiful Assassin's Creed series. The one we love, the very same that has taken a place in our lifes, our hearts and minds.

Yes, this was intentionally gushy. Been listening to the soundtracks again and just finished Revelations - what a wonderful ending that is...

Assassin_M
02-10-2014, 03:31 AM
IRL it would just pour out to the sides like a small waterfall.
Suspiiiiiiicious

Patrice, and the original team laid the most important foundations. So much of ACs uniqueness stems from the original concept. Leaps of faith, the verticality, lore, and staples such as viewpoints etc etc...

I think people overstate his impact, treating him and his games as the be all and end all and that's annoying - but you cannot undermine his impact, he essentially created AC. The flawed, beautiful Assassin's Creed series. The one we love, the very same that has taken a place in our lifes, our hearts and minds.

Yes, this was intentionally gushy. Been listening to the soundtracks again and just finished Revelations - what a wonderful ending that is...
http://gyazo.com/5cbc756bf10d84cd8707067fa83ee915.png

AdamPearce
02-10-2014, 03:35 AM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcktgvjVi21rpm93ro1_500.gif

Anyway, why doesn't NVidia make a Blood PhysiX, would be great.

Shahkulu101
02-10-2014, 03:38 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcktgvjVi21rpm93ro1_500.gif

I'm not sure what that GIF is supposed to represent.

Assassin_M
02-10-2014, 03:39 AM
Do you know what my pic represents?

Kagurra
02-10-2014, 03:40 AM

Because that would only affect a very small majority, while what AC really needs is a straight upgrade. No tweaks.

Shahkulu101
02-10-2014, 03:43 AM

A mocking s******? I really don't know - I feel very very affeminate after that post, shouldn't have expressed dem feels. I made good points but now I'm being belittled because of a couple of sentences.

Lol jk idc stfu PWNED

AdamPearce
02-10-2014, 03:45 AM
Because that would only affect a very small majority, while what AC really needs is a straight upgrade. No tweaks.

Yeah well it would do the job for the moment, but yeah they definetly need to reboot the overall damage system. And even thou the blood in AC1 isn't that realistic (it looks like MGS one), it's still way better than this Reddish 2D texture we've got.

Shahkulu101
02-10-2014, 03:48 AM
I still want to know what your gif means, AdamPearce.

AdamPearce
02-10-2014, 03:58 AM
I still want to know what your gif means, AdamPearce.

Only you can uncover the Tru/-13%-00L%th_

Shahkulu101
02-10-2014, 04:04 AM
Only you can uncover the Tru/-13%-00L%th_

13% hmmm...13 is the devils number. Prior to that you included a slash and dash...oh god - the next AC will feature Cain, the fabled offspring of Satan himself. He who slashed and dashed his brother Abel.

ACLexter
02-10-2014, 06:56 AM
That is one thing I noticed that they remove the blood effect. also the blend animation wherein the first gameplay preview, when he blend while sitting he actually having a conversation with his sit mate, that is blending. when he blend between the folks who's sitting and drinking, he actually sit and drink with them, that is blending.
Why did they removed that feature?

phoenix-force411
02-10-2014, 07:11 AM
Assassin's Creed probably has the best blood effect due to the mist spray and how cool it looked. Second best is Assassin's Creed: Revelations, because if you use it with blood bombs and you time it right, the effect is probably 1,000,000x better!

Pandassin
02-10-2014, 06:38 PM
I'm actually glad there are no blood effects on next-gen, in AC3 they just looked like awkward patches of blood on your outfit, which was quite annoying. It's for the better that they're gone really, and at least we still have blood gushing out of the enemies which looks fine to me.

Kagurra
02-10-2014, 11:20 PM
I'm actually glad there are no blood effects on next-gen, in AC3 they just looked like awkward patches of blood on your outfit, which was quite annoying. It's for the better that they're gone really, and at least we still have blood gushing out of the enemies which looks fine to me.

lolwut

The blood is so bad doe.

Fatal-Feit
02-11-2014, 12:27 AM

Me too. The blood effects in AC:3 was pretty darn irritating. I know blood in games makes the kiddies go ''ZOMG ME PLAYING ADULTZ GAMES LOLOLOL ME R MATURE'' but damn it if they don't work, keep them subtle. AC:IV was a step up in that area, IMO.

Assassin_M
02-11-2014, 12:37 AM
Me too. The blood effects in AC:3 was pretty darn irritating. I know blood in games makes the kiddies go ''ZOMG ME PLAYING ADULTZ GAMES LOLOLOL ME R MATURE'' but damn it if they don't work, keep them subtle. AC:IV was a step up in that area, IMO.
Kiddies? Blood is an important immersion element in video games that involve murder.

That's like saying "Oh hey, if the stormy weather does not work, lets tone it down...only the trees will move with the wind" and if someone says anything about it "oh hey, stop you kiddies, it's fine the way it is"

AdamPearce
02-11-2014, 12:48 AM
I want this in the next AC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXTRQtgz7wQ

I really do.

Fatal-Feit
02-11-2014, 12:52 AM
Kiddies? Blood is an important immersion element in video games that involve murder.

That's like saying "Oh hey, if the stormy weather does not work, lets tone it down...only the trees will move with the wind" and if someone says anything about it "oh hey, stop you kiddies, it's fine the way it is"

I'm not saying it shouldn't be present, but it shouldn't be overly done either. Especially if it DOES affect the quality of the game. For example, during the cutscene where Connor meets Stephane, he is literally drowning in blood but then acts like its nothing and brushes Connor off, who is also grinning casually at him, to meet people. Soaked in blood... Very poorly done blood if I may add.

Wolfmeister1010
10-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Oh look, it's happening again (Guess this is the "blood" thread)

http://i.imgur.com/yLhe7BU.jpg

I don't understand why the changed the blood effects from Unity's which were so good,
These just look absolutely ridiculous

1.Giant blood explosion when being hit by a blunt police baton? Seriously?

2.Giant ridiculous looking blood explosion is the canned effect used for most attacks

3.Cartoony and unrealistically colored

4 No blood effects on character models

Whoever programmed this should be fired. It just looks abysmal, especially after Unity's glorious blood effects. One of the few games that I think does blood right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr4llgbu5WI Watch the first 15 seconds. It looks absolutely horrid.

inb4 "you weirdo why do you care so much about blood effects"

This is a game about killing people. It is an important immersion factor. And this is just abysmal.

pacmanate
10-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Seems like they went for cartoony combat/blood effects. No idea why. They still seem out of place compared to the games entire other animation set.

m4r-k7
10-10-2015, 11:20 PM
^ I agree, it looks super cartoony in Syndicate whereas Unity had much more realistic looking blood with blood splatting on walls etc

I have no idea why they changed it. Syndicate overall is looking much more cartoony for some reason.

Wolfmeister1010
10-10-2015, 11:21 PM
Seems like they went for cartoony combat/blood effects. No idea why. They still seem out of place compared to the games entire other animation set.

Looks like utter crap.

Wonder if it's too late to change.

I remember plenty of people complaining about it ever since the debut gameplay. Pretty sure it isn't just me who cares.

All they have to do is just replace it with Unity's lol. Same engine, tons of the same assets. Can't be hard.

Maybe we hold make a poll.

Implying that they would even notice it lol.

Its one of those things that even though only a minority really cares about the blood effects, as most are casual gamers who don't give a crap, they wouldn't care either way if it was changed. it would be a pretty big instance of major fan appreciate if they fixed it.

pacmanate
10-10-2015, 11:22 PM
I know this is kinda OT but ive noticed that along with the cartoon animations/ragdoll/blood effects, they've also sped up the animations for everything. That goes for climbing speed as well as hidden blade strikes.

m4r-k7
10-10-2015, 11:25 PM
I know this is kinda OT but ive noticed that along with the cartoon animations/ragdoll/blood effects, they've also sped up the animations for everything. That goes for climbing speed as well as hidden blade strikes.

In terms of stuff other than blood, I still dont know why there isn't Black Flags water graphics in these newer games as well as Black Flags incredible weather affects. Whilst Unity and Syndicate have fantastic graphics in terms of buildings / scenery, Black Flag just had a much more realistic vibe to the graphics.

Wolfmeister1010
10-10-2015, 11:30 PM
In terms of stuff other than blood, I still dont know why there isn't Black Flags water graphics in these newer games as well as Black Flags incredible weather affects. Whilst Unity and Syndicate have fantastic graphics in terms of buildings / scenery, Black Flag just had a much more realistic vibe to the graphics.

Well, the water and weather fine/systems are incredibly taxing and performance costly. Considering the scale of the locations and improvements to animations, lighting, buildings and everything else in this new iteration of the engine, it makes sense that they would not focus quite as hard on water and weather, especially for these games in the city, whereas AC4 was a pirate game, so it HAD to be good.

But the blood system in all AC games are just simple shaders and textures. Not particle based systems. I would be surprised if Unity's blood effects had more than a 0.25 fps drop effect.

This is something that could be extremely easy to fix. Even easier than porting over legacy outfits from the old engines.

I mean, has anyone noticed that the rain in Syndicate is exactly the same as Unity's? ALL THEY DID was make the textures a bit whiter to make them more prominent, giving it the illusion of "better rain". These little changes to effects are SO simple. People create mods like this in 2 or 3 days for Skyrim and Witcher 3 and Fallout. Apparently Anvil Next is "super easy to work with" so why can't they do the same? Just put Unity's effects back in.

Also, I felt like Unity had way more realistic graphics than AC4, excluding water and weather. It was brilliant in every way except for the LoD

Farlander1991
10-10-2015, 11:47 PM
But the blood system in all AC games are just simple shaders and textures. Not particle based systems.

Uh, huh? O_o Blood is particle effects. The texture part is what appears on characters/environments.

Also, regarding the whole 'why can't they just' thing, I'm sorry but to me this kind of attitude is very frustrating to see. Yes, it's not great to see something that has been done in a previous installment of the series on the same technology changed to a visually inferior way, but if it happened then there's a reason.

Game development sometimes can be very tricky, sometimes unexpected problems appear the reasons for which may seem ridiculous, and quite a lot of times (certainly more than any developer would ever want) what can be considered a 'simple' thing is much more complicated than it may seem.

Assassin_M
10-11-2015, 12:21 AM
Also, regarding the whole 'why can't they just' thing, I'm sorry but to me this kind of attitude is very frustrating to see.
The developers most likely did it because they take heinous glee in watching us rage, no other superficial reason like "ooohh it could be that a problem came up" or "It's more complicated than you think". You're overthinking this, this is the only reason. The developers just want to see the world BURN.

Wolfmeister1010
10-11-2015, 01:19 AM
But what sort of problem could have possibly come up to affect such a thing? It has practically no performance cost, and this is the same engine with tons of the same assets used. For something that doesn't effect gameplay at all, I can't fathom how there could be a "problem"

@Farlander

Not necessarily. Most of the time these sorts of effects are simply 2d textures. Sometimes multiple textures together to give the illusion of depth, to avoid performance costs. Games do this all the time with effects like smoke, fire, and blood. You can still call it "particle effect" but that doesn't change the fact that there is no actual volumetric particle system that causes any sort of performance loss.

I understand your sentiment though. But it's not like I'm saying "why did they take out physx smoke if it was already in AC4" or "why did they take out tessellation in Unity if it was already in at one point". Those things are costly, and have all sorts of room for countless glitches, bugs, FPS issues, and more.

But this?

I-Like-Pie45
10-11-2015, 01:23 AM
big red square exclamation marks, that's what

Assassin_M
10-11-2015, 01:32 AM
I can't fathom how there could be a "problem"
The truth is, none of us can. Not Farlander, not me. It's because we haven't seen the code, we don't know what exactly happened or where the problem was. What we know for sure is that there is a problem, they don't just remove stuff for the luls, believe me. When I was making my graduation project, I had a problem with the tank sprite changing directions as the player moves it. The IDE I used was unfortunately a piece of ****, so the ordeal was harder than necessary, but would anyone else have known that unless they saw my code? Of course not. When I talked to my professor about it, first thing he said is "Show me your code".

Another time, I wanted to add tracks from the tank tires to be drawn right behind the tank every time it moved and I set a timer to have the tracks disappear 0.5 seconds after the tank stops. The tracks were drawn, it was perfect, but when it came to set the timer, the code broke. The map turned black every time I ran the code. To this day, I don't know what caused this. It was just a 1/2 second timer added to the algorithm of the tracks, but it just didn't work, something broke. My game was about 3000 lines of code, what say you to millions of lines? Maybe billions? A lot of simple stuff can seem very head scratchy. Take the Witcher and some of the blood and water effects that were fixed later. Problems can exist in the simplest of things.

I'm not really comparing myself to industry veterans, I'v only been coding for 4 years, but I kind of understand what goes in during game development, so i'm applying my much simpler experience to the more complicated AAA game development.

Wolfmeister1010
10-11-2015, 01:49 AM
The truth is, none of us can. Not Farlander, not me. It's because we haven't seen the code, we don't know what exactly happened or where the problem was. What we know for sure is that there is a problem, they don't just remove stuff for the luls, believe me. When I was making my graduation project, I had a problem with the tank sprite changing directions as the player moves it. The IDE I used was unfortunately a piece of ****, so the ordeal was harder than necessary, but would anyone else have known that unless they saw my code? Of course not. When I talked to my professor about it, first thing he said is "Show me your code".

Another time, I wanted to add tracks from the tank tires to be drawn right behind the tank every time it moved and I set a timer to have the tracks disappear 0.5 seconds after the tank stops. The tracks were drawn, it was perfect, but when it came to set the timer, the code broke. The map turned black every time I ran the code. To this day, I don't know what caused this. It was just a 1/2 second timer added to the algorithm of the tracks, but it just didn't work, something broke. My game was about 3000 lines of code, what say you to millions of lines? Maybe billions? A lot of simple stuff can seem very head scratchy. Take the Witcher and some of the blood and water effects that were fixed later. Problems can exist in the simplest of things.

I'm not really comparing myself to industry veterans, I'v only been coding for 4 years, but I kind of understand what goes in during game development, so i'm applying my much simpler experience to the more complicated AAA game development.

And I agree with you.

But the fact remains that it worked perfectly fine in Unity, which is basically the same game in terms of the engine and assets. This isn't an example of them building a game, trying it out, and then needing to scrap it because it didn't work in the game. This worked. Perfectly.

And also, lets not forget AC4.

The blood effects were fine on last gen. LAST gen. But on Next gen? no where to be seen. People complained, people asked. We STILL don't know why. They didn't even bother to let us know. And I refuse to believe that is was a "problem" that caused the blood effects to work on Last freaking generation hardware, but not on next gen.

I think it was a glitch they just didn't bother to fix. Wasn't a performance issue or a gameplay issue that needed fixing, so they probably thought no one would care or notice.

To be honest, If the blood effects at least appeared on character models and environments, then I would care a LOT less about what the blood effects from weapons actually looks like. But I have a sick feeling in my stomach which I have learned after half a decade of crap quality PR that this type of thing will not be fixed. Nay, will not even be COMMENTED on. That's why I'm angry, an that's why I'm not holding them to the same regards as, say, CDProjekt, who are pretty damn open with their fans. They don't bother even commenting on it NOW, even it was an issue 2 damned years ago. The least they could do is offer a kind of explanation.

Speaking of, by the way, the blood effects in Witcher 3 were never "fixed". It used to be a particle based system that had depth, flowed, puddled in water, and reacted realistically with the environment. Now, the blood effects from weapons are simply 2d textures, and the only time blood appears in water is the decal when enemies are killed.

So there. I guess I can't be angry about them changing the blood effects themselves into something else, because that's their stylistic choice and right as game devs.

But if they chose to remove blood effects from the environment and character models for a "stylistic" reason, then they obviously haven't done their research on how humans work.

Assassin_M
10-11-2015, 02:00 AM
But the fact remains that it worked perfectly fine in Unity, which is basically the same game in terms of the engine and assets. This isn't an example of them building a game, trying it out, and then needing to scrap it because it didn't work in the game. This worked. Perfectly.
It's not the same game, though, it's a totally different code, this is what i'm saying. If I take the codes of say....the isometric navigation and map display from my graduation project code and apply it to another isometric game i'm making where you play as Ricky Ticky Tavy chasing around snakes that pop up from the ground, it's not the same game. Essentially, they are the same game in that it's set in an isometric map with the same system of navigation, but there are a lot of different algorithms involved that it'd be crazy to think "hey, it worked there, it must work here". There's no such thing. One thing might work perfectly somewhere, but it might not work the same way when you apply it to an essentially different place. Software is unpredictable like that.

The blood effects were fine on last gen. LAST gen. But on Next gen? no where to be seen. People complained, people asked. We STILL don't know why. They didn't even bother to let us know. And I refuse to believe that is was a "problem" that caused the blood effects to work on Last freaking generation hardware, but not on next gen.
As I explained above. Just because it worked in one place, doesn't mean it'll work everywhere. Next gen is not superior by default, you still have to figure out how to port and how to code for the specific hardware. There's a WHOLE field called "Console coding" and that's divided into last gen coding and current gen coding. It's a completely different process in and of itself.

I think it was a glitch they just didn't bother to fix. Wasn't a performance issue of a gameplay issue that needed fixing, so they probably thought no one would care or notice.
It could have been ANY of those, no one can really know.

Speaking of, by the way, the blood effects in Witcher 3 were never "fixed". It used to be a particle based system that had depth, flowed, puddled in water, and reacted realistically with the environment. Now, the blood effects from weapons are simply 2d textures, and the only time blood appears in water is the decal when enemies are killed.

The puddling in water is most likely the same system as the decal that forms under enemies when they die, but it was most likely removed to save performance, Witcher is terrible on the PS4. That said, initially, the whole system didn't work. There were no blood decals and there were no particles that fly out when you slash or hack an enemy, but that was fixed and now blood actually splatters on the floor. That's what I meant, i'm not talking about E3 2014.

Wolfmeister1010
10-11-2015, 02:16 AM
You're right, I guess. About everything. (As usual)

Still doesn't change the fact that they are ubisoft and won't even bother commenting on it or make a clarification, even though plenty of people have noticed it and questioned it. Just like AC4.

I wanna be proven wrong, of course. But I doubt that will happen

I-Like-Pie45
10-11-2015, 02:43 AM
I protest to the Ubi!!

Assassin_M
10-11-2015, 02:58 AM
You're right, I guess. About everything. (As usual)

Still doesn't change the fact that they are ubisoft and won't even bother commenting on it or make a clarification, even though plenty of people have noticed it and questioned it. Just like AC4.

I wanna be proven wrong, of course. But I doubt that will happen
No, I can be wrong. I'm pretty much admitting my lack of knowledge about this.

I can agree that they could be more transparent. Just don't get too heated up about it, we all want the best.

Farlander1991
10-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Not necessarily. Most of the time these sorts of effects are simply 2d textures. Sometimes multiple textures together to give the illusion of depth, to avoid performnce costs. Games do this all the time with effects like smoke, fire, and blood. You can still call it "particle effect" but that doesn't change the fact that there is no actual volumetric particle system that causes any sort of performance loss.

What you say 'you can still call it 'particle effect' IS a particle effect. That's how they originated after all, a bunch of animated 2d sprites - a collection of composited animated images. Those are not textures, though. A texture is what you apply to a 3D model. And volumetric particles don't necessarily consist of 3d models. A lot of volumetric particle systems still use sprites - just a lot more of them, sometimes applying shadow map over the effect to create a bigger feeling of volume.

But what sort of problem could have possibly come up to affect such a thing? It has practically no performance cost, and this is the same engine with tons of the same assets used. For something that doesn't effect gameplay at all, I can't fathom how there could be a "problem"

Well, as M has already stated - it could be anything.

I suggest you to read this article (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/194772/dirty_game_development_tricks.php). It's not about 'proper fixes', it's about issues that were like, 'wtf', essentially, and how **** just happens and you have no clue why. This is not to prove a point about this particular conversation, as it's probably something that wasn't last minute, but just to show how random game development can get.

Jessigirl2013
10-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Leap of faith i'm presuming ;)

No.:confused:

Wolfmeister1010
10-15-2015, 04:46 AM
What you say 'you can still call it 'particle effect' IS a particle effect. That's how they originated after all, a bunch of animated 2d sprites - a collection of composited animated images. Those are not textures, though. A texture is what you apply to a 3D model. And volumetric particles don't necessarily consist of 3d models. A lot of volumetric particle systems still use sprites - just a lot more of them, sometimes applying shadow map over the effect to create a bigger feeling of volume.

Well, as M has already stated - it could be anything.

I suggest you to read this article (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/194772/dirty_game_development_tricks.php). It's not about 'proper fixes', it's about issues that were like, 'wtf', essentially, and how **** just happens and you have no clue why. This is not to prove a point about this particular conversation, as it's probably something that wasn't last minute, but just to show how random game development can get.

GRRR...

How bout we all just agree that I am unconditionally and irreversibly right? That'll make it much easier to sustain my ego. Because when you respond to my posts and arguments with actual facts and well constructed rebuttals it kinda makes it hard to sustain my ego.

Bah, it just sucks. I was so happy at first about the combat because YAY, no more ugly white weapon streak/ghosting effect! But then they took out the one GOOD thing from Unity's combat and replaced it with...neon red pom poms

I wish someone would clarify what happened. Maybe humor me and let us know what happened to Black Flag as well.

GunnarGunderson
10-15-2015, 05:00 AM
They really need to up their blood game, I want spurting arteries and blood pools. Anyone who's played Max Payne 3 knows what I'm talking about.

Farlander1991
10-16-2015, 05:33 PM
GRRR...

How bout we all just agree that I am unconditionally and irreversibly right? That'll make it much easier to sustain my ego. Because when you respond to my posts and arguments with actual facts and well constructed rebuttals it kinda makes it hard to sustain my ego.

Bah, it just sucks. I was so happy at first about the combat because YAY, no more ugly white weapon streak/ghosting effect! But then they took out the one GOOD thing from Unity's combat and replaced it with...neon red pom poms

I wish someone would clarify what happened. Maybe humor me and let us know what happened to Black Flag as well.

Well, there are two other important things to remember:
1) It's always a balance of which things you can put in and handle at the same time, because it takes a lot of time to do both. Like, for example, AC2 is graphically inferior to AC1 - LoS is smaller, textures are lower quality, and stuff like that, however that was made to balance the new things out - dynamic day/night cycle, consistent crowds (they HAVE to be consistent unlike AC1, where you could put more or less when necessary, as in AC2 every crowd is a gameplay element). And by ACB they had enough experience to put in both things that were missing and thus make the game more visually impressive. So, in terms of AC4/ACS, they certainly have new things (for example, loads of water and high speed carriages for example) that require simplification in certain areas. Now, I'm not saying that necessarily has to affect blood, however there still might be stupid unforseen stuff like AC3 blood effects behave very wierdly on dynamic floating objects (let's not forget that when you board a ship in AC3 that's not dynamic, that's a separate state), so they were simplified. That's actually unlikely, more likely is some other random ****, but still.

2) Both AC4 and ACS actually wouldn't have full legacy code of AC3 and ACU respectively. For example, a simple timeline:
(1) AC3 start development
(2) AC4 start development
(3) AC3 release
(4) AC4 release

AC4 starts development when AC3 is still in the middle of it, so the codebase they start with doesn't have everything AC3 has. Now, ideally whatever's written for AC3 would be easily transferred to AC4 as they're on the same engine, and I'm sure most of things were transferred like that, but sadly this is not possible all the time. Maybe some new blood effects they wrote close to AC3 release that looked really cool were incompatible for some reason with AC4's code in several cases, so they couldn't easily reuse it.

Now, again, the only people who can actually explain what happened are the developers themselves. Me and M here are just listing a bunch of things that can go wrong or strange during development and why it might have an effect.

Wolfmeister1010
10-24-2015, 09:21 PM
Sigh...

I don't think I'm gonna be able to use the cane sword. Every hit with that blunt weapon causes an explosion of ridiculous looking blood. It's cringe worthy.

The kurki, ironically, is a lot better when it comes to what blood effects it generates. I'll jet stick to that and fists.

Unless perhaps the PC version gets better blood effects. Lol. I can dream

Also lol at how they turned off blood effects in all of the "tips" videos because it looks so horrid.

@Farlander yeah I want is an explanation.

The hilarious/pathetic thing is that I go on twitter, ask a dev if I can ask a question. They say "of course, go ahead!" And I ask why blood effects aren't in. They then conveniently "forget" to answer.

One said he would "ask"...and here we are 2 months later.

Whoopsie.

SeverableMoss8
10-25-2015, 11:07 AM
After the end of battle enemies look completely unharmed with just a random silly poorly designed blood decal in the ground.

CV_RubinHoot
10-25-2015, 12:42 PM
Earlier today i made a post on the exact same issue. Apparently it's gone now. Seems like UBI dont want this issue to stand out with "Syndicate" in the topic header. My eyesight could just be failing me and i have missed something but as it stands right now my Syndicate blood post have magically vanished and i haven't deleted it myself hehe

Mr_Shade
10-25-2015, 12:44 PM
If you are making duplicate threads - and yours didn't have any indication it was refering to syndicate = they can be removed.

CV_RubinHoot
10-25-2015, 02:38 PM
As far as i remember my post was called somthing like: Missing blood decals on ground and models in ac syndicate. I am getting old so my memory could have failed me ;) . At the time i was unaware of this thread and tbh if i had seen this i would have replied here instead of making a new post. Cheers

Mr_Shade
10-25-2015, 02:43 PM
As far as i remember my post was called somthing like: Missing blood decals on ground and models in ac syndicate. I am getting old so my memory could have failed me ;) . At the time i was unaware of this thread and tbh if i had seen this i would have replied here instead of making a new post. Cheers

Your post was titled 'Missing blood decals on Ground and bodies'

And contained no reference to Syndicate - so that is most likely why it was removed ;)