PDA

View Full Version : Save progress lost after update!

tshrjain
02-09-2014, 09:19 AM
Hi,

I am not a hardcore gamer, but I do like to play during weekends. Yesterday when I launched the AC4 SP game, I saw there was an update (of more than 5GB) so I updated my game (maybe to 1.06). Anyways, I keep my games updated always, my last version was 1.05 I think and never had problems with my game.
But after update when I launched the game, the screen turned black after the loading screen (where we can move our character in all directions but not use our weapons).
The computer was responding (never had this experience before) so I restarted my PC manually. After starting the game, I could no longer see my progress! And it asked me to start a new game! Please help me. How can I recover my game. I played quiet a lot to start again. (I completed about 25% that too when I had bought the game just after it was launched so you can guess how important that 25% is to me!)

montyswe
02-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Sorry to hear mate. Having the same problem (se my post I did a few days ago) and I know how you feel.

In this game losing save files is a feature I think. At my work 4 people got this game and all lost the saves.

Ubisoft should post some savegames that could use from specifik sequences.

/Monty

tshrjain
02-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Yeah, at least we should get an option to restore saves within a month a or so as Ubisoft already syncs our progress.
Anyways, just noticed that I cant play single player at all after 1.06 update, however I was able to play Multiplayer without any problems.

Even starting a new game in SP wouldn't work. The game just freezes/blacks out and I have to end process. For now I have uninstalled the game, will download and re install it again. Hope that helps.