PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Cry crashes after cutscenes

Ruxleyford514
02-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Started playing Freedom Cry DLC but after every cutscene (the rendered ones not the in-game ones) the game crashes. I can skip some of the scenes and the game plays normally. But am now at a point (Memory 3) where there is an unskippable scene and so cannot progress any further. Anybody have a similar problem?

Never had this problem on Black Flag itself.

KmarkoPL
02-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Have you verify your game files ? I had similar problem after first cut-scene.
Verifying the files fixed the problem for me .

playlisting
02-09-2014, 01:37 PM
A lot of people have had a problem with Freedom Cry after the most recent patch. It has been said that as soon as someone fires a blunderbuss during a cut scene, the game crashes. Is it when someone fires a blunderbuss or is it just random?

Ruxleyford514
02-09-2014, 07:17 PM
Have you verify your game files ? I had similar problem after first cut-scene.
Verifying the files fixed the problem for me .

I cannot find where to verify the files. I bought the game on Steam so perhaps I don't have that option on Uplay.

Mr_Shade
02-09-2014, 07:19 PM
I cannot find where to verify the files. I bought the game on Steam so perhaps I don't have that option on Uplay.

Hi,

If you launch the game from steam - you can right click the game in your library and goto 'properties' - you should be able to verify the game files from there:

All operating systems - Verify integrity of game cache

Load Steam
From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

On Uplay - you have the option on the 'Play' button on the title page for the game - you can drop the little arrow down to select the verify option.

Ruxleyford514
02-09-2014, 07:23 PM
A lot of people have had a problem with Freedom Cry after the most recent patch. It has been said that as soon as someone fires a blunderbuss during a cut scene, the game crashes. Is it when someone fires a blunderbuss or is it just random?

I don't think it has to do with the blunderbuss. There is one cutscene in Memory 3 that ends with a guy firing a blunderbuss and the game does crash there, but I looked at the scene on Youtube and it ends at that point normally, so I think the crash is related to the transition between the end of a cutscene and back to normal gameplay. However, if I chose to skip that cutscene after it has started playing then I can continue to gameplay ok.

My problem now is I am at a cutscene that I cannot skip. It is a short one in Memory 3 where the player leaps onto a boat of escaping pirates. There are no blunderbuss' in this scene.

jeffies04
02-09-2014, 07:34 PM
I posted the other day about my problem which was the blunderbuss crashing the game during cutscenes. Only during the cutscenes.

Verifying the game files doesn't do anything to help unless you're missing a file or have a corrupted one. I did use it to redownload the dlc10 files but that didn't help.

But... I figured out why I was crashing.... The problem for me has to do with our new beloved PhysX smoke particles.

I like playing with them set to low. The game rendered them fine outside of a cutscene, but as soon as it tried to render them from the blunderbuss within a cutscene, it crashed the game (there are two cutscenes during the Maroon hideout mission with the overseers). Disabling them temporarily got me past the cutscenes.

Assassins creed for as long as I can remember has rendered cut scenes in real time. For some reason the fancy new PhysX smoke in Freedom Cry does not want to work in the super-zoomed-in-cutscene-mode now that update 4 has been applied. Maybe your issue is somehow related to this? Did you try scaling back all of your graphics settings and seeing maybe which one is triggering it?

Hexanon
02-15-2014, 02:33 PM
I don't think it has to do with the blunderbuss. There is one cutscene in Memory 3 that ends with a guy firing a blunderbuss and the game does crash there, but I looked at the scene on Youtube and it ends at that point normally, so I think the crash is related to the transition between the end of a cutscene and back to normal gameplay. However, if I chose to skip that cutscene after it has started playing then I can continue to gameplay ok.

My problem now is I am at a cutscene that I cannot skip. It is a short one in Memory 3 where the player leaps onto a boat of escaping pirates. There are no blunderbuss' in this scene.

I have exactly the same issues. The first issue (with the blunderbuss) I managed to skip. The cutscene on the boat I can't.

Based on the information about PhysX, I set the PhysX off (I tried Normal and Low as well but no dice). It worked a charm.
Everything else is pretty much max. Turn PhysX off. And by the way, the part at the boat that crashes is where he fires a blunderbuss

HOLODOC1972
02-22-2014, 09:43 PM
I run black flag on pc and had the issue at Africa when it crashed like so many people ..so nearing the end of my black flag campaign I bought the season pass ...and then tried to play freedom cry and it crashes straight away at the free running loading bit ... awesome just awesome another problem ... any ideas girls and boys coz ubisoft don't care enough

Mr_Shade
02-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Hi, if you have tried the suggested fix posted above - it's best top contact support:

www.support.ubi.com

They will require some info from you - however they will try and fix the issue for you.

brandon2u
03-01-2014, 07:33 PM
confirmed... with Physx 'on' the blunderbuss causes a crash in cut scenes.

problem is the following Nvidia file crashes during cut scenes:
ApexFramework_x86.dll

it's a Physx item.

have uninstalled drivers, cleaned with Driver Cleaner, ran CCleaner, then reinstalled.
did not help.

Turning Physx 'off' in game solves the issue for cut scenes.

Below is the crash report:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AC4BFSP.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 52d96207
Fault Module Name: ApexFramework_x86.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.3.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 5285faae
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000136c4
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

RoumenSp
03-18-2014, 06:31 PM
Same issue here, Freedom Cry crashes on cut-scenes with smoke (Windows 8, GeForce Titan, latest NVidia drivers).
Disabling PhysX temporarily solves the problem.

burtie80
03-23-2014, 12:17 AM
Same problem for me! Having Physx on causes the game to crash after a cut scene.

Nice going again Ubi.

Triwar_
04-23-2014, 08:02 PM
still not fixed the cutscenes still crash if physx is on

andre1984bc
06-15-2014, 01:42 AM
confirmed... with Physx 'on' the blunderbuss causes a crash in cut scenes.

problem is the following Nvidia file crashes during cut scenes:
ApexFramework_x86.dll

it's a Physx item.

Fault Module Name: ApexFramework_x86.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.3.0.1

The link below is to the latest version of the DLL, 1.3.1.4, taken directly from nvidia APEX SDK:

http://1drv.ms/1jrkOYz

First, find the already existing file in the game directory and back it up or rename it, then copy the new DLL in.

It seems to have fixed my crashes; hopefully it'll help you too.