PDA

View Full Version : Uplay is crap, download speed is crap

dsmith71
02-09-2014, 02:57 AM
Here is my tale of woe with Assassins Creed 4 and Uplay;
I recently purchased this game on disc and installed it. The update of approximately 7 gigabytes took around 14 hours at very low download speeds of around 50KB/s. last week I tried to play your game but uplay would not connect as your server was offline so I played the game offline. the following day your server was up but uplay wanted me to download an update again at the piddling speed of 30Kb/s which would take arround 50 hours. I uninstaled/reinstalled game and overwrote it with the backup i have on a seperate HDD to no avail. I now have to wait for about 50 hours to download a patch at the rate of 25KB/s before i can play again. Thank you for making my hobby a frustrating ordeal if your intention is to kill off PC gaming then you are on the right track. There is no way i will be buying/downloading any DLC at these ridiculous download speeds. Fix your server, allow backups and try looking after your customers for a change. A ticket has been submitted on this issue and i imagine it will be an excercise in frustration like everything else that is Ubisoft.

dsmith71
02-09-2014, 06:07 AM
I have been re-downloading the patch for 2 hours and my waiting time is currently 72 hours at 23KB/s. A search of the internet has revealed this problem has been around for at least 3 months so why hasn't Ubisoft done something about it? Little wonder piracy is on the increase when paying customers who try and do the right thing are treated with such contempt. how hard would it be to allow us to backup the full game to HDD to avoid this nonsense? Ubisoft you should be ashamed of yourself.

playlisting
02-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Good and bad to hear it's not just me. I was wondering how my download speed was so slow. Glad to know it's not a fault at my end. I'm not going to bother with this patch for now. I'll probably try and re-download it after a few months and I'd advise anyone not desperate to play it to do the same. Hopefully the issue with the servers is fixed by then.

KmarkoPL
02-09-2014, 03:48 PM
I did call the CS about that issue few weeks ago they seem to not really care about it !!:mad::mad:
I have also issues with downloading from uplay !:(

dsmith71
02-12-2014, 09:48 AM
I have given up trying to download and just play it offline. I have received a reply from tech asking if i still have a problem to which I responded yes. That was yesterday an I haven't heard anything since. If I finish playing before the problem is fixed then BF4 will be uninstalled and left on the shelf to gather dust. It will be the last game I buy from Ubisoft who have no concern for customers whatsoever. It is absurd to expect customers to download 5GB patches at 23kb/s and to have no facility for backup when this is something both Origin and Steam worked out a long time ago. I rate the game BF4 an 8 out of 10 but Ubisoft a big fat 0 for treating their customers like crap. Rest assured I will be spreading the word about PlayU.... whoops I mean Uplay which is useless crap.

strigoi1958
02-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Not sure if it would help anyone to assist you but can you post your ISP and broadband speeds ? it might be relevant it might not.....

dsmith71
02-13-2014, 06:44 AM
Sure, I have ADSL broadband the download speed varies a little but is usually around 155 - 160 Kb/s. ISP is Westnet but it has nothing to do with my download rate which is fine elsewhere. I believe the problem is Ubisoft servers, I am not the only one with this issue. Thank you for the advice though

strigoi1958
02-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Sure, I have ADSL broadband the download speed varies a little but is usually around 155 - 160 Kb/s. ISP is Westnet but it has nothing to do with my download rate which is fine elsewhere. I believe the problem is Ubisoft servers, I am not the only one with this issue. Thank you for the advice though

well I can sympathise with you as ADSL is a very very low speed. but to be honest I don't think it will be much faster... My Broadband should theoretically download at 8Mb but I get around 3.9Mbps from uplay and steam and origin...
So I average a little less than half speed... if yours is 155kbps then I think you should at least get an average 70kbps...
I don't know if it is possible but Is there any way you can get to a pc with a faster broadband connection and download the update and put it on a memory stick/ pen drive... then put it on your pc and install it that way ?

dsmith71
02-14-2014, 09:43 AM
hello strigoi1958 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/632944-strigoi1958) thanks for the reply. How do i add files to this game outside uplay? I tried adding my backed up game folder to avoid having to download everything again and this Uplay BS wont recognise it. so how can i add a patch? besides I should not have to go to this trouble, it seems to me that once ubisoft gets your money they dont give a **** because aside from the initial response still nothing from support either. My broadband downloads from most sites such as microsoft using my full bandwidth at 160 KB/s the fault is with uplay or possibly just AC4 on uplay because I downloaded all patches for AC3 a few months ago at 156KB/s and downloaded some DLC too. Of course I will be keeping my money as far as DLC is concerned because the download speed for this game is BS. Uplay is BS but thanks for your time this is my last Ubisoft purchase and if this is the future of PC gaming then i am going console (no ubisoft games)

playlisting
02-14-2014, 11:15 PM

Is that your download speed from Uplay? Or is that your download speed everywhere? Because if that is your overall download speed then that is very, very slow. I am with BT and I usually have around 15MBps DL speed (right now it's down at about 500KBps but I'm having a few issues at the moment) and I downloaded from Uplay at around 800KBps. Uplay servers are quite poor but if you're getting DL speeds of 20KBps then it isn't just the servers, it's the internet in your home.

dsmith71
02-15-2014, 01:11 AM
look i realise you guys are trying to help but i am just repeating myself. My LINE speed is 1.5Mbps and my DOWNLOAD speed is 160KB/s. This is the fastest speed i can get for where i am in this backwater of a country called Australia. On most sites my download rate is around 160KB/s which would allow me to download 7 Gb easily within one day. As I have said before AC3 downloaded all files including DLC at 160KB/s which is acceptable. The fastest I can get for AC4 is 25KB/s with a wait time of around 72 hours to download 7Gb. So you can see that AC4 is around 7 times slower than everwhere else it is NOT my internet it is ubisofts server or I would be having this problem all the time. Dont make excuses for this company. if ubisift cannot improve their servers for downloads and add a backup facility to uplay to avoid having to go through this BS then they can cram their games sideways where the sun does not shine. Still waiting on support. Thank you.

dsmith71
02-15-2014, 01:36 AM
Todays download speed; 26.2KB/s. Wait time for download: 72 hours. Complaint submitted on 9 February 2014. Ubisoft you are a joke.

strigoi1958
02-15-2014, 02:54 AM
sorry the point I was trying to make was that from uplay and steam and origin nowdays I usually get around 45% of the download speeds I get elsewhere. So taking that into account you should still be getting 3 times faster speed than you are getting now so I can understand your frustration... it's a shame it didn't allow you to download in the background each time and resume every connection then ask to install when everything is downloaded.... at least you could still play and it wouldn't matter how long it took. Perhaps that's something Ubi should look into.....

ABigFatCow
02-15-2014, 04:42 AM
I also purchased the seasons pass and now have 10 gb to download.But thanks to the download rate problem and my country of residence being india i do mot even get more than 5 kbps which is a good 250-300 hrs of download. These people are crazy

dsmith71
02-15-2014, 10:01 AM
sorry the point I was trying to make was that from uplay and steam and origin nowdays I usually get around 45% of the download speeds I get elsewhere. So taking that into account you should still be getting 3 times faster speed than you are getting now so I can understand your frustration... it's a shame it didn't allow you to download in the background each time and resume every connection then ask to install when everything is downloaded.... at least you could still play and it wouldn't matter how long it took. Perhaps that's something Ubi should look into.....

That would help but really with the size of these patches (you can only play offline until game is patched) Ubisoft must improve their server to reduce download times AND allow game backups such as Steam and Origin have been able to do for quite some time. AC3 used my maximum download speed so why cant AC4 which has been around for 4 months now. As for Ubisoft support i am convinced they exist only to create the illusion that Ubisoft care about their customers. Still nothing from support , not even something like 'we are working on it'. Ubisoft i am spreading the word - hopeless!!!!!

dsmith71
02-15-2014, 10:08 AM
I also purchased the seasons pass and now have 10 gb to download.But thanks to the download rate problem and my country of residence being india i do mot even get more than 5 kbps which is a good 250-300 hrs of download. These people are crazy

I feel for you mate i really do. Have you submitted a ticket (for what its worth) to support? They may (LOL) do something if they get enough complaints but it just goes to show once they get your money this company does not care.

dsmith71
02-15-2014, 10:15 AM
Here is another suggestion for the whiz kids at Ubisoft. Now you can keep the game install files once downloaded. True? Well why not make the patch files (and DLC) save-able so they can be applied later if game needs to be reinstalled? This way at least we only have to spend a week or more downloading your patches once. Do something! Anything - because I do not have the game I paid for and I am not the only one out of pocket here either.

ABigFatCow
02-15-2014, 04:38 PM
I feel for you mate i really do. Have you submitted a ticket (for what its worth) to support? They may (LOL) do something if they get enough complaints but it just goes to show once they get your money this company does not care.

Support doesnt work .Already tried.After typing down a long message and clicking on enter support gives suggestions and the problem solved/continue anyways link os like a picture. Does NOT work

dsmith71
02-16-2014, 02:34 AM
​Dont know what could have happened there. Did you try again? I notice that even this forum is a little buggy (like ubisoft itself) Was there another button that said 'ask question' or something like that? I don't remember - but keep trying, i urge all who have a slow download to harass the **** out of these bozos. I tried submitting a second ticket for the same problem but almost immediately I got the answer that this was a duplicate so looks like they will just ignore me until they have enough complaints.

dsmith71
02-16-2014, 02:43 AM
Download speed is all over the place but averaged around 30KB/s, Wait time: 60 hours No response from tech support. By the way I am not actually downloading the patch as it would be pointless at this slow speed. I connect every day and run the update for around 5 minutes to see if there is any improvement.

dsmith71
02-18-2014, 06:31 AM
Still no change and nothing from tech support. Ubisoft is absolutely f******g hopeless!!!!

tshrjain
02-18-2014, 07:28 AM
Try to pause the download. Wait for 2 minutes. Resume your download. See if it works.

dsmith71
02-19-2014, 07:26 AM
Try to pause the download. Wait for 2 minutes. Resume your download. See if it works.

Thanks for your help mate. I tried it but unfortunately no luck. congratulations ubisoft you are now THE worst games manufacturer in the world, still nothing from tech support.

dsmith71
02-19-2014, 07:57 AM
Yesterday i reinstalled both the game and uplay as well. Uplay updated itself initially at 6kb/s but after 30 minutes it jumped to my max speed of 160Kb/s. AC4 patch update however is still a pathetic 27 - 35 Kb/s. It has to be the AC4 server so fix the bloody thing ubisoft. Of course i passed this information on to support and the response? Nothing.

Black_Widow9
02-19-2014, 07:57 AM
If you would like to, you can also call our Support staff. Hours and days of operation vary and depending on your location there may be a call fee. It can be quicker in resolution.
http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

dsmith71
02-19-2014, 11:44 AM
If you would like to, you can also call our Support staff. Hours and days of operation vary and depending on your location there may be a call fee. It can be quicker in resolution.
http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Thanks I will try that tomorrow. My download rate is never stable so to work out how long it would actually take to download the full patch i ran the update for an hour and in that time it downloaded 73MB so that works out to be roughly 90 hours to download the full patch.

dsmith71
02-21-2014, 06:33 AM
Yesterday i finally got a reply from ubisioft online support. I was required to try the following;

1. Update firmware for my router.
2. Shut down the firewall
3. Use msconfig to shutdown background programs and reboot.
4. Run Fixit 972034 from microsoft to reset HOSTS file.

I tried each one in order and ran uplay update and guess what? Nothing worked, my download rate is still around 20 - 25 Kb/s. i have to give Ubisoft credit for trying. They are working very hard to shift the blame on to something other than their server.

Next I have to run the update again and contact my ISP to see if all ports are open.

dsmith71
02-21-2014, 11:02 AM
Well I contacted my ISP as instructed by ubisoft and found out there was a port blocking feature so this was disabled then I rebooted the PC and the router but guess what? Uplay download speed is STILL 20 - 35 Kb/s and thats it for day 12 of this farce.

dsmith71
02-23-2014, 07:06 AM
Yesterday I had to upload the files from my Ubisoft Game Launcher\Logs folder in particular the launcher_log.txt and network_info.txt files. Download speed is of course still crap and I am waiting for a reply as day 15 of this saga draws to a close. :(

pittbull4200
02-23-2014, 04:31 PM
This is the very first game I have ever heard anyone say contact your ISP to play for special ports. Should not ever have to come to that on any game.

I had bad MP issues the first week of trying to play but seems their server connections are a lot better for MP

As for Uplay I believe it is just the program itself is junk, the game took me over 30 hours to download constant monitoring of the download when the Ubi server failed over and over again just force close Uplay on failed DL then reopen and resume this is not a port issue.

dsmith71
02-24-2014, 10:49 AM
I agree pitbull, pretty sure these people are just wasting my time and I will walk away from this with half a game, out of pocket and vowing never to touch anything from ubisoft again - especially if they continue with this uplay POS. At least if I note what happens then others will see how Ubisoft treat their paying customers. I can download from microsoft and my broadband benchmark at 150kb/s but not from Uplay so it is most likely a problem with their servers. The speed fluctuates dramatically too, today it was around 40 - 50 kb/s which is better than before but only a third of my full download rate. If the patch was available for manual download than I could download it at 160kb/s in 12 hours or so (instead of 50 - 90) and back it up so I do not have to download again but hey! Why look after your paying customers ubisoft? All this company cares about is itself. Nothing from support today and that is day 17 of this problem.

dsmith71
02-25-2014, 06:14 AM
Well ubisoft are making an all out effort to blame my PC or at least find fault with it.Today it was requested to upload my dxdiag file and Msinfo. Can anyone explain to me what impact direct x would have on the internet? because I haven't the foggiest. Something i forgot to add before is the website for communicating with ubisoft support is also buggy, when I try to send I occasionally get an error message and have to resend (it can take 2 or 3 goes). I used to play PC games as a hobby to relieve stress but with all this BS i need another hobby to relieve the stress of Ubisoft games and uplay.

THECOOLBOSS12
02-25-2014, 08:56 AM
After reading this thread I am regretting buying this game on a download from Uplay. It keeps crashing my modems every ten minutes. When I called my ISP provider he told me it had to be a problem with uplays servers. It is sad that I had to learn the lesson this way, but with how fast my internet connection on everything else I can't wait 7 hours just to download a game.

dsmith71
02-26-2014, 08:45 AM
After reading this thread I am regretting buying this game on a download from Uplay. It keeps crashing my modems every ten minutes. When I called my ISP provider he told me it had to be a problem with uplays servers. It is sad that I had to learn the lesson this way, but with how fast my internet connection on everything else I can't wait 7 hours just to download a game.

If you don't have problem downloading elsewhere then that would be most likely true. I dont know how fast your internet is but 7 hours for an entire game is pretty good compared to 90 hours to download a 6-7 Gb patch as in my case. My internet is probably not as fast as yours but uplay only utilises 17% of my download speed and as you can see from my posts above Ubisoft is trying very hard to find fault with my PC rather than admit their AC4 server (and possibly uplay) is to blame. Of course i will not be paying for any DLC if i cant download it and if Ubisoft is going to stick with uplay i will be avoiding their games like the plague in future which is a shame because i like the Assassins series. Oh well!. Did you contact support? Ubisoft may actually do something if they get about 500 million complaints about their server. Heard nothing from support on day 18 of this saga. '.......like sands through the hourglass....'

dsmith71
02-27-2014, 08:10 AM
Yesterday uplay updated and when i tried to download the patch i got this message; 'uplay is unable to start your download. Check that you have an active internet connection and try again.' My question is why do Ubisoft hate their customers so much as to impose uplay on them? My download speed has gone from the snail crawl 27kb/s to nothing and this is day 19 of this fiasco. of course i submitted ANOTHER ticket to support yesterday and as usual no reply as yet. I checked today and the problem is still there.

Veskern
02-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Yesterday uplay updated and when i tried to download the patch i got this message; 'uplay is unable to start your download. Check that you have an active internet connection and try again.' My question is why do Ubisoft hate their customers so much as to impose uplay on them? My download speed has gone from the snail crawl 27kb/s to nothing and this is day 19 of this fiasco. of course i submitted ANOTHER ticket to support yesterday and as usual no reply as yet. I checked today and the problem is still there.

I have exact same problem with downloading a patch - it starts at 1.3 mb/sec, then in 20 seconds falls to 200 kb/s, and aborts with the same message. Which is more interesting, it happens only in case of AC4 : Black Flag. I've tried downloading other games and there was no problem - stable connection around 1.1-1.3 mb/sec. And, of course, I submitted a ticket yesterday and no answer - guess the Ubi Support hopes that if they close their eyes for a problem, it will disappear itsef..

BTW hello to all of you, it is my first post, and I'm glad that I am not the only one who thinks that Uplay is crap. Ubi, i love your games, you made my young-teenagehood, but please, get your s**t together and pull out the plug of this invalid and ragged Steam-dud. Or at least don't mess it up with every patch.

alaughingcat
02-27-2014, 08:39 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3336603798
Don't tell me i have a problem with my connection or space on my PC.
As there is SOOOOO many people saying that they have a problem downloading this game, its time to sort it out.
Its nothing to do with there pc's isp or fat fingers. its your end 1mb d/l speed then 30 seconds later i have a connection problem !!!
Relay bf4 don't say that to me or guild wars or simcity or wow or any other online game i got ONLY YOURS.
This is bad publicity for ubisoft and this uplay so far its not quite floating my boat and i am thinking of jumping ship back to origin.

jpm01
02-27-2014, 09:22 PM
personnally i downloaded all i needed at extremely good 600kb/s (constant) . but i noticed several annoying things . first when i download on UP i can't use internet it's pretty weird for a 20 mega connection .. then i noticed there are no backups in opposition of Steam . i asked the support about that and i'm waiting for an answer . but to me it's obvious that they have a solution . i won't spend 12 hours each time to download the stuff . and finally i don't like much these Steam or Uplay things it uses ressources and give the feeilng you are "spied" . i purchase a game i don't purchase any gaming social network or anything else

Slartibartfast1
02-27-2014, 10:49 PM
I get a fairly good d/l speed... abut 1.7MB/s but it stops with the noted error about every 30-40 secs...... at this rate it will take forever as I am not going to sit in front of my computer for 4 hours just to restart the d/l. Origin NEVER has this issue....

dsmith71
02-28-2014, 08:40 AM
personnally i downloaded all i needed at extremely good 600kb/s (constant) . but i noticed several annoying things . first when i download on UP i can't use internet it's pretty weird for a 20 mega connection .. then i noticed there are no backups in opposition of Steam . i asked the support about that and i'm waiting for an answer . but to me it's obvious that they have a solution . i won't spend 12 hours each time to download the stuff . and finally i don't like much these Steam or Uplay things it uses ressources and give the feeilng you are "spied" . i purchase a game i don't purchase any gaming social network or anything else

Yes no ability to backup is something i noticed to and i also am waiting for an answer so dont hold your breath mate. It just goes to show how Ubisoft take their customers for granted dont it?

[edit] On the 'cant use internet thing' I noticed that even though i was downloading at a lousy 26kb/s out of a possible 160kb/s I could not use the internet either. uplay seems to hog ALL the bandwdith without using it. uplay + ubisoft = rubbish.

dsmith71
02-28-2014, 08:41 AM
I get a fairly good d/l speed... abut 1.7MB/s but it stops with the noted error about every 30-40 secs...... at this rate it will take forever as I am not going to sit in front of my computer for 4 hours just to restart the d/l. Origin NEVER has this issue....

Origin can backup too.

dsmith71
02-28-2014, 08:47 AM
I found out what happened to the 3 stooges, they are still alive and working for ubisoft support. Today I got a response to my second ticket re unable to connect and they are asking for the files for this problem that i uploaded over the last week already for the previous problem. dxdiag(no idea why), launcher_log.txt, network_info.txt, MSINFO. This is day 20 of this BS and i hope to play the full version of this game sometime before I am old and senile.

Slartibartfast1
02-28-2014, 07:13 PM
Further to my last post. Oddly, I found a solution to the constant d/l interruptions. This won't help the guys who are experiencing very slow d/l speeds but for those who can get a fast connection but it disconnects every 30 secs or so this is what I did.
Before starting the d/l go into settings and then "downloads". From there you can place a cap on the d/l speed. In my case I capped it at 1MB/s an it d/l'd continuously until completed.

Also, while this was downloading I was still able to play BF4. So I haven't experienced the can't use the internet issue noted by others.

Veskern
02-28-2014, 08:39 PM
Further to my last post. Oddly, I found a solution to the constant d/l interruptions. This won't help the guys who are experiencing very slow d/l speeds but for those who can get a fast connection but it disconnects every 30 secs or so this is what I did.
Before starting the d/l go into settings and then "downloads". From there you can place a cap on the d/l speed. In my case I capped it at 1MB/s an it d/l'd continuously until completed.

Also, while this was downloading I was still able to play BF4. So I haven't experienced the can't use the internet issue noted by others.

Works for me as well, but with 512 kb/s - but really, whatever, it is stable and going forward - You deserve a huge pint of rum, Mate :) Thank you very much and I fully approve this method.

Atreaue7
03-01-2014, 12:26 AM
I will be submitting a request through Paypal to investigate this. The 79.99 that I paid to purchase this , will be refunded to me. Its sad I can not enjoy a game without any problems. I think I will be ordering from Origin or Steam. Anyone suggest either or over the other? I use Origin for BF4 and SWTOR. Steam I have about 50 games on. But Which is more reliable....this is a crock of that I have to go through this. UPLAY...I thought EA and Bethesda where bad, this is just the TIP of the Iceberg.

out.

dsmith71
03-01-2014, 02:21 AM

This is a new feature which came out with the latest update. Unfortunately with the latest update I now cannot connect to ubisoft through uplay at all as I explained above. This new feature may help I don't know but at the rate support responds to my question it will take another 12 months to find out and by then AC4 will be assigned to the bin and nothing from Ubisoft will appear on my shopping list again that's for sure.

dsmith71
03-01-2014, 02:30 AM
I understand your frustration and dont blame you. What I dont get is Steam worked out a long time ago that the ability to backup is important but here we have uplay making the same mistake years later. Careful buying an ubisoft game from steam though because from what I can gather through internet forums you will still have to deal with uplay through steam resulting in 2 layers of malware to deal with and double the trouble. For the record I dont like the idea of Steam or Origin either and believe this to be the beginning of the end for PC games but they still leave uplay for dead.

Kaldire
03-01-2014, 03:25 PM
well one thing is true

if you get a ubi game anywhere but uplay or ubi shop
like steam, you have to run the bootstrapper, this loads NOT MALWARE .. stop scaring people, but it runs the steam cloud and uplay overlay,
so if u do have a ubi game from steam, DONT USE STEAM, just start uplay, it will boot strap the steam and u can see all games not just steam bought ubi ones

also as for the OP

1. what region are you in, im in california usa and ubi and uplays dl speed cap me at 4-5 MB per second not mbit,
where as STEAM and valve go back n forth sometimes dropping to 0 and maxing at 2-3MB per sec.. sometimes failing and forcing me to resume

but no mate these things arent MALWARE, that means they hurt your pc,
bloat ware yes.. malware no

personally i loathe the digital era, im an old school gamer who wants PC box sets for NOT 160$ etc.
then again look at ubi workshop most of the cooler items are 160$ each same as their box sets,

odd they stick to that price range

btw no way will pc gaming die, just its reality is stunted by the digital era, some games dont even have retail copies only digital , irks me, hard

one day if steam or ubi soft go out of buis, esp steam everyone is faawwked
no one will understand they cant backup steam games and play em without STEAM, lol
well u can but i wont say how and its not legit

long live pc.. hope consoles choke out but they wont

dsmith71
03-02-2014, 01:18 AM
Malware, not malware - whatever, regardless they are an intrusive and buggy piece of software designed to stop piracy (and failing) that are a major inconvenience for customers. Only a company that takes its customers for granted (Ubisoft) would conceive of an application that requires the internet for activation and patching from their server only then fail to provide a server that can handle the pace. I long for the good old days of manually downloading the latest patch at full bandwidth and applying it. What was difficult about that? PC games wont last forever nothing does and I am hoping the days are numbered for dodgy games manufacturers that crap all over their customers. So concludes day 22 with nothing heard from support and I am still unable to connect, cant play online, cant patch and I only have half the game I paid for. It makes me wonder who the real modern day pirates are.

dsmith71
03-05-2014, 06:35 AM
Day 25. still cant connect, nothing from support. UBISOFT YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dsmith71
03-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Day 27 and yesterday uplay updated and once again at my full bandwidth of 160kb/s however I still cannot connect to the AC4 server as before let alone download anything. I have a response from the support robots and at least one of their suggestions I have already tried before. It would be nice to spend what little spare time I have playing this game instead of stuffing around trying to get it to work. From what I have played of this game offline it is prettty good but I will never buy anything from Ubisoft again.

dsmith71
03-08-2014, 11:09 AM
A few more suggestions today from support and that is all they were believe me. the key words being 'may' and 'might' or in other words they have no idea. One was a repeat of something i tried a couple of weeks ago so support dont even bother to keep a record of the suggestions they pull out of their grab bag at random. I was able to get uplay to connect myself today with no help whatsoever from support. I uninstalled uplay completely (and the game with it) removed punkbuster as well and used ccleaner to delete any relevant registry entries. I also searched for and deleted any folders with the name punkbuster, uplay or Assassins creed 4. When everything was back on my hardrive and uplay updated it connected but unfortunately I have come full circle and a return to the ridiculous 26kb/s download speeds. My guess is a corrupt update of uplay was the problem and it had nothing to do with my internet or PC, especially when 'no connection' problem started immediately after a uplay update. . Whooda thunk it!!!! Not my PC or internet at all !!!! So its day 28 and back to the original download problem of slow download. Ubisoft you suck, support get a real job you are useless and your AC4 server is a joke.

dsmith71
03-11-2014, 05:09 AM
Oh i love this, day 31 and i get a request from (LOL) support fro the files; launcher_log and network_info. What is wrong with that you ask? Well they already asked for and were provided with these files on 21 February (2 weeks ago) http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/832893-Uplay-is-crap-download-speed-is-crap/page3

strigoi1958
03-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Sorry you're still having problems mate. You live in a part of the world that has the very worst, slowest internet speeds available (about 15% that I get on my mobile phone and 1% of my broadband) I think that is the decisive factor here... If you were getting 10Mb download and could only download at 4Mb I don't think it would bother you. I know it really doesn't help when uplay runs at around 30 to 40% of possible download speeds. I sympathise with you but you might get more support posting in the uplay forum rather than the game forum as it seems that only you are replying to yourself here.... on that forum you might get more relevant help.

dsmith71
03-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Sorry you're still having problems mate. You live in a part of the world that has the very worst, slowest internet speeds available (about 15% that I get on my mobile phone and 1% of my broadband) I think that is the decisive factor here... If you were getting 10Mb download and could only download at 4Mb I don't think it would bother you. I know it really doesn't help when uplay runs at around 30 to 40% of possible download speeds. I sympathise with you but you might get more support posting in the uplay forum rather than the game forum as it seems that only you are replying to yourself here.... on that forum you might get more relevant help.

We also pay more for games than most countries and in return get lousy service. If uplay is the future for ubisoft than i am done with ubisoft games. Heard from store support today and they wont refund my DLC money - it took them 11 days to tell me that!!!!! Ubisoft are thieves and liars and my advice to anyone in Australia is don't buy ubisoft games with this uplay garbage as you will be treated as I have - with utter contempt. This is day 32.

pittbull4200
03-12-2014, 01:09 PM
I will be submitting a request through Paypal to investigate this. The 79.99 that I paid to purchase this , will be refunded to me. Its sad I can not enjoy a game without any problems. I think I will be ordering from Origin or Steam. Anyone suggest either or over the other? I use Origin for BF4 and SWTOR. Steam I have about 50 games on. But Which is more reliable....this is a crock of that I have to go through this. UPLAY...I thought EA and Bethesda where bad, this is just the TIP of the Iceberg.

out.

Go with Origin definitely played all my BF games through itt and always worked great uplay is junk compared to origin, I am forced to use uplay because the game came with my gfx card, the interface is like a virus when downloading you cannot even open browser, google it also use to store all kind of backend toolbars and links which seems they removed most but this thing is very strangely coded not in a good way, they dump user safety to try to combat pirating.

dsmith71
03-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Day 34 and I am getting bored with this, almost finished playing AC4 OFFLINE and no change to download speed. Close to giving up which I suspect ubisoft want. I have half a game ubisoft has my money and they will continue sell this game and have the same problems and support will regurgitate the same nonsense and frustrate others into giving up too. I am in the process of upgrading my internet which will help but as long as Ubisoft choke off our bandwidth and don't allow max downloads then it will make little difference. regardless i will soon be done with ubisoft. The biggest problem is there is no one independent i can complain to and receive justice and Ubisoft know it. Burn in hell Ubisoft thieves that you are!!!!!!! WHY IS THERE NO BACKUP YOU MORONS?

kadeep
03-14-2014, 03:58 PM
I have the same problem. I try to download update 1.06 around 4GB. I have to press "RETRY" and "OK" every 30 seconds all day because of "download failed"
so I have to click mouse around 1000 more times to download update. It totally **** my life. I don't have problem with previous series before.

dsmith71
03-15-2014, 12:56 AM
I have the same problem. I try to download update 1.06 around 4GB. I have to press "RETRY" and "OK" every 30 seconds all day because of "download failed"
so I have to click mouse around 1000 more times to download update. It totally **** my life. I don't have problem with previous series before.

You have a different problem to my slow download. I did have an issue with not being able to connect to Ubisoft at all which I fixed myself by reinstalling uplay and AC4 after deleting all relevant folders and registry entries (using Ccleaner). Support did not help me at all with this and were content with asking me to upload useless files such as dxdiag. I've had no issues with other ubisoft games either but I do have issues with uplays inability to backup and what I believe is a cap on download speed from Ubisoft with AC4 that they will not admit. This will be my last ubisoft game and I urge anyone who has issues with uplay to vote with your wallet next time.

ABigFatCow
04-21-2014, 08:26 AM
Figured this out after I was back from boarding school a few days back .to play in online mode all you have to do is start downloading the patch ,pause it,launch ac4 from the .exe file(search in start menu or the games folder or the original install location)once you have started the game alt+tab and cancel the download otherwise you won't be able to log into ubisoft servers?Finished the game this way finally I got good speeds after the uplay update where one can set the download speed.Not sure if multiplayer playable since I don't play much multiplayer much but you will get access to the community challenges leaderboards ,kenways fleet etc.Sadly,those who have linked older assassins creed games to your uplay account will not get altairs,ezios or Connors outfit unless the patch is downloaded.You also get access to all the dlcs except freedom cry and the one where you can play as aveline(digital deluxe only)

Peiperissimus
04-25-2014, 09:32 PM
Hi, I've been readin thru this topic... This is quite confusing for me, you are complaining about downloadspeed... Iam getting everything in full speed (I live in Finland) and my problem is Download speed aswell... It eats all resources... Cant do anything, while downloading from UBI-Soft...
*Iam so sorry for you*
But abyway, the reason I surfed to here... I've played AC4 meny hours, got open exlusive conten (1SeaShanty and 2 Flags) I redeemed those... Never got those... I've tried again and again... no Help...
I've tried to Many times to submit a question to UBI-Support... Without succes... It always say... Pleas Try again...

FFS... Big(UBI)Brother is watching... While writing this complaint... It suddenly accepted my complaint... Whoah!!

Wel...l AC4 works like a clock, never Crashed!!
Freedom Cry works nice... Feeling like, a bit ******ed rolling in tar... FFS... And it has crashed couple of times... (Thank God... Only in SandBox) So Win Still keep working...

ABigFatCow
04-26-2014, 12:14 PM
Peiperissimus.......I cant really help with the initiates exclusive content.Never bothered me at all.I redeemed the code on initiates while I was at boarding school and had not even activated the game.Launched uplay .after put in the code and it just worked.Just so you dont feel bad the shanty is horribly repetitive(no offence to those who liked it) and the sails(not flags)arent really visible unless one is using travel speed which nobody uses much after unlocking all the islands and use fast travel instead.Nevertheless,there is no harm in trying it a few more times...it might just work.As of the download issue was a server issue or connection issue which was resolved for me atleast after the uplay update where we could set the bandwith speed and I got to download it at my original speed.

the reason why we were so frustrated about the download speed is that many users dont have good internet connections.I live in India.I have a 1 mbps connection which directly translates to a 128 kbps download rate.I could get a faster connection but then i have a limited data plan .And I mean Indian standards which is 12 gb at 8 mbps and then back to the same 1 mbps.And you know the patch sizes.plus with the server issue i could download at only 6 kbps which also ate up my remaining part of the connection not being able to surf the web.Heck.I had a 300 hrs patch just to get freedom cry 3 outfits and nvidia physX support.So we got a bit explosive on this particular forum and everything was set right

schlejer
11-01-2014, 03:19 AM
Here is my tale of woe with Assassins Creed 4 and Uplay;
I recently purchased this game on disc and installed it. The update of approximately 7 gigabytes took around 14 hours at very low download speeds of around 50KB/s. last week I tried to play your game but uplay would not connect as your server was offline so I played the game offline. the following day your server was up but uplay wanted me to download an update again at the piddling speed of 30Kb/s which would take arround 50 hours. I uninstaled/reinstalled game and overwrote it with the backup i have on a seperate HDD to no avail. I now have to wait for about 50 hours to download a patch at the rate of 25KB/s before i can play again. Thank you for making my hobby a frustrating ordeal if your intention is to kill off PC gaming then you are on the right track. There is no way i will be buying/downloading any DLC at these ridiculous download speeds. Fix your server, allow backups and try looking after your customers for a change. A ticket has been submitted on this issue and i imagine it will be an excercise in frustration like everything else that is Ubisoft.

Well, I've had been experiencing that issue too, with AC3 download and I think I've solved it.
The problem isn't exactly ubi's.
What's probably happening is wrong TCP RWIN setting in windows, resulting in buffer issues on your local internet device - modem/router.
What was interesting that when the download speed in uplay dropped, every possible app/internet connection got the same issue. Uplay is only sending and recieving damn' huge packets stream but windows auto-tune policy seems to not manage it well.

So, try different setting.
- Run Command Prompt as admin
- type: netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
If you need to return to default settings, just use the keyword "default" in a place of "disabled".

Drop a word if it works.
From Poland with love