PDA

View Full Version : If I buy on steam can I redeem rewards on Uplay?

subject516
02-09-2014, 02:48 AM
I am aware that if you buy lets say assassins creed brotherhood or assassins creed black flag on steam you'd still need uplay to launch, what I'd like to know is, if I bought it on steam will I still be able to redeem actions and rewards on uplay based on my progression in game or is uplay merely just the means to run the game if bought on steam? also will I be able to connect my game to assassins creed initiates if I bought the game on steam? Thanks a lot to those who'd answer. :)

YazX_
02-09-2014, 10:52 PM
yes you will, there is not much integration with steam, just another store to sell and download Ubisoft games and thats it, so everything will work just fine and UPlay will still be your main platform for launching, storing saves in the cloud and tracking your progress.

ONE THING YOU SHOULD KNOW, if you bought the game through steam, you must buy DLCs through steam as well or they will not work even if you bought them from Ubishop itself, and this goes vice versa. (im not sure if AC4 behaves the same as previous AC games behave like this, better to ask support before purchasing any DLC if you want to get it outside of steam).

Anykeyer
02-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Its safe to buy any AC4 DLCs from any source except for Freedom Cry

YazX_
02-10-2014, 05:45 PM
Its safe to buy any AC4 DLCs from any source except for Freedom Cry

so basically it wont work for contents that need to be downloaded, but for ULCs it will work.

are you sure that steam DLC keys work on UPlay and vice versa? did they merge keys in AC4?

Anykeyer
02-10-2014, 06:04 PM
so basically it wont work for contents that need to be downloaded, but for ULCs it will work.

are you sure that steam DLC keys work on UPlay and vice versa? did they merge keys in AC4?

DLC keys were never separate for the game itself. Only Uplay client handled them separately (that affected your ability to download stuff, but not your ability to use it once you got it installed), but they changed even this. Now all keys are tied to the same UPC_id.
You can even use steam's Freedom Cry cdkey with uplay/retail game and the content will be downloaded.
I have 2 Gold Edition copies tied to my account, one from Uplay and another from Steam. Games cdkeys are separate but season pass from Steam replaced my Uplay season pass enterely, its tied to both copies and Uplay season pass key completely disappeared from account. And still I dont have any issues with accessing DLCs from Uplay version.

YazX_
02-10-2014, 11:30 PM
DLC keys were never separate for the game itself. Only Uplay client handled them separately (that affected your ability to download stuff, but not your ability to use it once you got it installed), but they changed even this. Now all keys are tied to the same UPC_id.
You can even use steam's Freedom Cry cdkey with uplay/retail game and the content will be downloaded.
I have 2 Gold Edition copies tied to my account, one from Uplay and another from Steam. Games cdkeys are separate but season pass from Steam replaced my Uplay season pass enterely, its tied to both copies and Uplay season pass key completely disappeared from account. And still I dont have any issues with accessing DLCs from Uplay version.

mmmmmm, thx for the explanation.