PDA

View Full Version : Latest Update Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Update Patch Will Not Download

Col_Klink
02-08-2014, 06:50 PM
I open Uplay, attempt to launch Assassin's Creed Black Flag in single player.

Notice comes up that update is avaiable.

I click "Download".

Download fails with message "Download failed due to a disk write error."

I have over 150GB available on disk.

I have run a chkdsk scan and drive has no problems.

I have rebooted computer and turned off antivirus software.

I have verified my files in Uplay.

Verified against Steam and Steam update and ARMA III update downloaded and updated just fine.

Operating system is Vista Ultimate.

I am also running the Season Pass addon.

I've had no problems with Uplay updating games prior to this.

Need help. Thank you!

v/r,
Klink sends.

Mr_Shade
02-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Hi,

You should contact Ubisoft support - they will be able to offer you some advice on the issue.

www.support.ubi.com

Col_Klink
02-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Hi,

You should contact Ubisoft support - they will be able to offer you some advice on the issue.

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

Thank you Mr Shade. I've also got a request in there. Hoping the community could give me some insight faster.

v/r,

Klink sends.

Col_Klink
02-09-2014, 04:08 PM
I'm the only one with this issue? Is there an FTP site to download the patch offline to update?

Thanks in advance.

Klink

seville57
02-09-2014, 05:05 PM
I'm the only one with this issue? Is there an FTP site to download the patch offline to update?

Thanks in advance.

KlinkSo far as I know, there is no way to do that.

The latest patch screw things up for me: my side cannons are sometimes in the air/beside the ship and not on the ship

Col_Klink
02-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Trent at Ubisoft Support very helpful. Everything now working, although I've got a question in about restoring game saves from UPlay cloud synch. I have all my achievements and companion app is still plugging along with Kenway's fleet, but my Saved Game status is not there. Here's procedure that got me working again ... only thing I'd add at beginning is figure out how to save/backup saved game data for all your UPlay games:

QUOTE (From Trent, Ubisoft Support Team)
The first thing I would like you to do is uninstall and reinstall the Uplay Client to see if that resolves the issue you are encountering.
Some of these steps may be tricky. If you would like us to walk you through the process, please contact us at 919-460-9778, 9am - Midnight Eastern, M-F.

1) First, you will need to uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Programs and Features' (Windows Vista, 7, and 8) icon in your computer's control panel.
It's possible that the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.
Then, you will need to uninstall the "Uplay" software from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Programs and Features' (Windows Vista, 7, and 8) icon in your computer's control panel.
It's possible that the "Uplay" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.

2) After uninstalling the software, you will need to manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows)
or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows).
Please do not skip this step, it is very important. If this folder does not exist, please go to the next step.

3) I also suggest you check for these registry keys.
From Windows, click Start -> Run (XP), Start Search (Vista), or Search Programs and Files (Win 7). (Alternately, press the Windows key and the "R" key at the same time.)
In the Open box, type "regedit" (without the quotes) and click OK.
Search the folder destinations for these registry keys. If found, please delete them.

Registry keys for Uplay and Ubisoft Game Launcher:

Win Vista/7 32bit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\{888F1505-C2B3-4FDE-835D-36353EBD4754}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\Uplay

Win Vista/7 64bit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Ub isoft Game Launcher
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{888F1505-C2B3-4FDE-835D-36353EBD4754}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Uplay

4) Once you have fully uninstalled Uplay/Game Launcher, you can reinstall the Uplay PC Client software from: http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/launcher_installer/UplayInstaller.exe or http://uplay.ubi.com
UNQUOTE

Klink sends.

YazX_
02-12-2014, 04:14 PM
only thing I'd add at beginning is figure out how to save/backup saved game data for all your UPlay games:

check out this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811743-Precaution-to-not-lose-your-saves-and-progress?highlight=precaution