PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration

Zafar1981
02-08-2014, 08:26 AM
Hi Friends
Well I was browsing the internet and found that there are now couple of games coming who are based on real time history, like Order: 1886 and Kingdom Come: Deliverance. We can say that a new game genre is evaluated called based on real history. All the credits goes to Assassin's Creed. You can say that no there was Civilization series and Age of Empire series who create that base, closely but they are not focused on a specific era, they give you an overview of human history and time line but not cover the true events of that era.
As more and more games based on real history are coming in the versatility and uniqueness of AC series would be challenged. I know that Ubisoft would not let this franchise get ruined by external factors. Last night I was playing Red Dead Redemption and I thought that the open world game play of AC would be like that game. In RDR despite of having fast travel system you love horseback ride. Why? Because you feel that in any moment you could face a new stranger quest, save a lady or a man from wild animal, save some one being killed, kill a running prisoner, collect flowers, hidden maps and so many things. You also love the draw distance of the world and a nice atmosphere which always feel cool to your eyes.
I want the free roaming in AC be one of like in RDR. Imagine the country side of AC1 plus the activities in RDR. You could consider that how cool that game would had been if that events would also happen there. I am not saying that Ubisoft would copy and paste those events in AC as it was in RDR but its an inspiration which could be used for good. Those things could had been included in AC III Frontier but it was only a hunting ground. Random events should be a part of an AC game where things like saving a from a group of thugs, stranger quests, finding treasure maps(like in AC IV and RDR), saving a women from a pervert, beating an unfaithful husband, killing a band of thugs who want to loot you and an eye opening draw distance. There are so many events which occur randomly so that we don't want to use fast travel system.

Landruner
02-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Hi Friends
Well I was browsing the internet and found that there are now couple of games coming who are based on real time history, like Order: 1886 and Kingdom Come: Deliverance. We can say that a new game genre is evaluated called based on real history. All the credits goes to Assassin's Creed. You can say that no there was Civilization series and Age of Empire series who create that base, closely but they are not focused on a specific era, they give you an overview of human history and time line but not cover the true events of that era.
As more and more games based on real history are coming in the versatility and uniqueness of AC series would be challenged. I know that Ubisoft would not let this franchise get ruined by external factors. Last night I was playing Red Dead Redemption and I thought that the open world game play of AC would be like that game. In RDR despite of having fast travel system you love horseback ride. Why? Because you feel that in any moment you could face a new stranger quest, save a lady or a man from wild animal, save some one being killed, kill a running prisoner, collect flowers, hidden maps and so many things. You also love the draw distance of the world and a nice atmosphere which always feel cool to your eyes.
I want the free roaming in AC be one of like in RDR. Imagine the country side of AC1 plus the activities in RDR. You could consider that how cool that game would had been if that events would also happen there. I am not saying that Ubisoft would copy and paste those events in AC as it was in RDR but its an inspiration which could be used for good. Those things could had been included in AC III Frontier but it was only a hunting ground. Random events should be a part of an AC game where things like saving a from a group of thugs, stranger quests, finding treasure maps(like in AC IV and RDR), saving a women from a pervert, beating an unfaithful husband, killing a band of thugs who want to loot you and an eye opening draw distance. There are so many events which occur randomly so that we don't want to use fast travel system.

I believe that a lot of people would like that open world feeling that RDR has for an AC especially with the random (NPCs) encounter events - AC3 tried to take some unhidden inspiration on RDR but the result was quite different in the final product - I also believe that combining some piece of game-play of an open world such as RDR for the worlds and area outside the cites, and at the same time preserving the complexity of cites with their population.