PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, question about auto prop pitch on IAR 80

Bula
03-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Oleg,

Thank you for making the IAR 80 and 81 flyable. They're very nicely modeled, in my non-expert opinion.

In a thread in the General Discussion forum, JG53 Frankyboy asked a good question: did the IAR 80-81 series have auto prop pitch and auto radiator controls? I can't find any data in my Romanian-language publications to show that they did (I have consulted Dan Antoniu's "Vanatorul IAR-80, Istoria unui erou necunoscut" [The IAR-80 Fighter: The History of a Forgotten Hero], Modelism Publications, 2000 and "Aviatia Romana Pe Frontul de Est si in Apararea Teritoriului" [The Romanian Air Force on the Eastern Front and in Home Defense] Tehnoprod Publications, 1993), so I'd like to post Frankyboy's question here (which I just did http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ). Spaseeboh!

Bula
03-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Oleg,

Thank you for making the IAR 80 and 81 flyable. They're very nicely modeled, in my non-expert opinion.

In a thread in the General Discussion forum, JG53 Frankyboy asked a good question: did the IAR 80-81 series have auto prop pitch and auto radiator controls? I can't find any data in my Romanian-language publications to show that they did (I have consulted Dan Antoniu's "Vanatorul IAR-80, Istoria unui erou necunoscut" [The IAR-80 Fighter: The History of a Forgotten Hero], Modelism Publications, 2000 and "Aviatia Romana Pe Frontul de Est si in Apararea Teritoriului" [The Romanian Air Force on the Eastern Front and in Home Defense] Tehnoprod Publications, 1993), so I'd like to post Frankyboy's question here (which I just did http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ). Spaseeboh!

raboga
05-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Hi,
:-) I will try to answer your question...

No, the IAR-80/81 did not have auto pitch or radiator controls nor had other fighers of WWII... that stuff in the simulator is there only to ease the work of the gamer.
The propeller pitch was controled via an electric motor in a range of 25 degrees with the switch you can see on the left side of the cockpit just under the instrument pannel.
The radiator winglets could be opened and shut pneumatically by moving forward and backward the lever on the right side of the pilot's chair. (from "Notita tehnica a avionului de vinatoare IAR-80 - 1941 edition)

best regards

JG53Frankyboy
05-30-2004, 06:17 PM
well , AEP2.01 changed a lot in IAR80/81 CEM !
so......................

no auto radiators ore autoproppitch in any WW2 fighter planes ????????
joke, isnt it ?