PDA

View Full Version : Golden pistols and replaying missions. PS3 - AC4 Black Flag

C_G_01
02-07-2014, 03:55 AM
Hi. Not having much luck on the hints and tips section, I reckon more people view the general discussion section.

How can you use the golden flintlock pistols on replay mode? And the missions I'm trying to replay right now, are missions that I've done already using the GFPs the first time I did them. So I'm not talking about missions in the beginning where Edward still doesn't have access to a lot of his gear, or naval contracts.

C_G_01
02-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Okay, so I replayed a certain memory sequence. Now, I definitely had my GFPs when I first played this mission, and again, they changed to the spanish officer's pistols during replay. But now, my blowgun is completely gone as well, visually and functionally (which I actually didn't mind, that ugly thing of Edward's back.. lol.. I don't enjoy using it anyway, much less seeing it all the time)... This particular mission, even though it's not a main story one, I'm positive there is no way for it to become available before the memory sequence where you acquire the blowgun, and yet it's gone. My pistol swords stay with me during replays though.

Does anyone else lose gear, or have their gear changed when replaying memory sequences? Not counting those "tutorial missions" of course. And probably not counting mayan armor for obvious reasons.

PJD47
10-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Okay, so I replayed a certain memory sequence. Now, I definitely had my GFPs when I first played this mission, and again, they changed to the spanish officer's pistols during replay. But now, my blowgun is completely gone as well, visually and functionally (which I actually didn't mind, that ugly thing of Edward's back.. lol.. I don't enjoy using it anyway, much less seeing it all the time)... This particular mission, even though it's not a main story one, I'm positive there is no way for it to become available before the memory sequence where you acquire the blowgun, and yet it's gone. My pistol swords stay with me during replays though.

Does anyone else lose gear, or have their gear changed when replaying memory sequences? Not counting those "tutorial missions" of course. And probably not counting mayan armor for obvious reasons.

I've been having the same issue only this time with the Cannon-Barrels. Sadly, Ubisoft never recognized this oversight in the Day One patch or any subsequent title update. I own an Xbox 360. No offense to the PS3 owners out there, just saying.

Danpen_231
10-05-2015, 01:16 PM
I've been having the same issue only this time with the Cannon-Barrels. Sadly, Ubisoft never recognized this oversight in the Day One patch or any subsequent title update. I own an Xbox 360. No offense to the PS3 owners out there, just saying.

Have you tried getting in touch, with support about this?

Alphacos007
10-05-2015, 05:01 PM
This is weird, when I replayed the missions after I was done with the game, I did it with all my upgraded weapons, making them much easier to complete. I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.

PJD47
03-21-2016, 03:11 PM
Have you tried getting in touch, with support about this?

No, i haven't. I think i read somewhere that the pistols you have during the first time you play a story mission, are locked into that memory by default.

This is weird, when I replayed the missions after I was done with the game, I did it with all my upgraded weapons, making them much easier to complete. I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.

I myself would hate to have to start all the way over because i just unlocked the final ship upgrade "Fire Barrel Storage" during the Kenway's Fleet missions. That was weeks before my friend's Internet connection got disconnected. Not to mention the blasted Legendary Ship battles, especially the La Dama Negra.

Agent_Rainbow
11-11-2016, 03:41 PM
I have the same issue, but the gilded sails always revert to white during mission replays. Ubi must fix this but I doubt they will.