PDA

View Full Version : Button mashing, Stealth drawbacks, and experience gap

renegade14588
02-06-2014, 05:51 AM
Ok, So I have been playing assassins creed multiplayer since acb I believe (whichever was the first game to introduce online gameplay), and for years I have loved it. I love the whole idea behind assassins creed; stealth, swordplay, and abilities in multiplayer modes. Recently I have become quiet competitive, just trying to become legendary (currently im 200 ranked), but i was playing some guy and he completely cursed me out and said i had no skill. His issue was the fact that i was using "determined" as a skill to help with contested skills.....saying that the game was somehow broken. My question is ....what is button mashing? If you are my target and i spot u.....and u see me.....i will slowly walk up to u and tap the kill button as to not get stunned by surprise. How is button mashing breaking the game?

in my experience...if i just mash the kill button with out locking onto a target, then i will kill the closest thing to me. am i mistaken? further more...I understand that some players feel that "determined" defeats the purpose of the game....and i agree....the point is to be stealthy...if your pursuer sees u then no points. BUT , that isnt stopping me from using it. What do you guys feel about the "determined" skill? i get that it can be cheesy....but no game is perfect. and in my experience....a good player is a good player regardless of the slightly different mechanics in each new installment. "Adapt or die" right ?

Do you think that if a player uses "determined" then that player has no skill?

and am i the only one experiencing extreme competitiveness? to the point of verbal abuse and attack...and RAGE, over a video game? lol

Im competitive...but i will not get MAD and RAGE if i lose...

adventurewomen
02-06-2014, 11:16 AM
We have a AC:Multiplayer forum here: http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/504-Assassin-s-Creed-Multiplayer

Your thread would be more suited there.