PDA

View Full Version : Il-2 DCG help needed

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 08:41 AM
I've downloaded Paul Lowengrin's DCG for Il-2 and am having great difficulty setting the file paths correctly. I've downloaded many missions, applied patches, etc. but have not had to set file paths before. Even following the instructions has got me nowhere. Can anyone give me a quick primer on setting file paths? Thanks for any help here, I need it.

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 08:41 AM
I've downloaded Paul Lowengrin's DCG for Il-2 and am having great difficulty setting the file paths correctly. I've downloaded many missions, applied patches, etc. but have not had to set file paths before. Even following the instructions has got me nowhere. Can anyone give me a quick primer on setting file paths? Thanks for any help here, I need it.

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 11:43 AM
I have downloaded the latest DDG version, but haven't tried to replace the old version yet. When I set it up previously, had to go to files tab and (1) select the DDG campaign folder I wanted, then (2) tell it where the DDG program location is (the brown coloured file) and (3) point it to IL2FB.exe game file. Offhand, I can't remember how I had it arranged in my IL2 files on my system, but I'll let you know when it's up and running. If the new version of DDG is as good as the earlier ones, then it will be well worth the trouble. Goodluck.

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 11:56 AM
I setup a folder called DCG in the same directory as IL-2 then extract the DCG files into the folder.

Then when you double click DCG, it asks you for the DCG.exe, which is right in the main DCG folder. Click or double click on it.

Then it asks you for the squadron folder, so open up one of the map folders you see and double click on the squadron.dcg file.

Then it asks for the IL-2.exe or IL-2FB.exe. You have to use the windows icons to back out and then down into the main IL-2 folder, find the exe that you want and double click on that. You are set to go after that.

When you generate your first mission make sure auto-gen is turned off so IL-2 will see it when you to go to the career section in IL-2. Once you see it, then you can turn on auto-gen.

Tailspin
Tailspin's Tales
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Tailspin/index.htm

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Tailspin,
Muchas gracias, I've been having a bad time getting this set up. I left a post for the creator of DCG and he said to leave the "use folder names" option on when extracting it. Using Winzip, I can't find any option like this. Any ideas? Or will just setting up a folder as you suggested work?
Thanks,
Scott

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Tailspin,
I did as you suggested but when I open the new DCG folder, there is not an il-2.exe file. There is a green box with Il-2 DCG file but when I double click that it winds up telling me that the exe file was not executed. Any ideas?
I can't find it anywhere in the folder.
Scott

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 11:48 PM
As Tailspin said navigate to your games (Forgotten Battles)folder and find the il2 exe. It's not in the dcg folder.

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 01:05 AM
Attention Deficit Disorder. That must be what it is. I'll try that. That sounds exactly like what I did not do. Thanks guys!
Scott

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 01:11 AM
Nope,
It's the DCG.exe that is not in the folder. My bad. I mistyped, misthought, mis......... well you know ADD. I've had no problems applying any number of other programs, I just can't believe I'm having so much trouble with this.
Thanks for your help.
Scott