PDA

View Full Version : HUD work arounds

Rgreen010
02-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Something I have realized while playing Black Flag is that playing without the HUD is amazing. You notice more of your environment when you have no map on your screen. You fight more carefully when you can't see your health bar. Your more careful around every corner. Basically, you truly are an assassin exploring a place you have not seen yet. Now, playing through the older games, this is much more difficult. So, I wanted to know if other hardcore players out there have found work arounds. An example would be that in black flag if you climb up on a viewpoint, you can see where your next mission is. Another is you can see how fast the jackdaw is going by seeing how many sails are extended. I haven't seen any work arounds in AC2 and am about to start AC Brotherhood. Any suggestions for all games would be appreciated :D

ACLexter
02-10-2014, 03:33 PM
I haven't tried it but it looks worth a try.
the only difficult I find is its hard to navigate if you're not familiar with the place.

Ureh
02-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Yes it's possible to completely turn off the HUD for all the games. You'll usually find it in the menu (aka animus desktop), then select "Options", then select "HUD". In AC3, iirc, instead of Options it is labeled as Settings.