PDA

View Full Version : Recommend existing DLC, especially outside of your normal musical tastes

juhanic
02-05-2014, 04:10 AM
There's a fair amount of genres covered in rocksmith, and many of them are things that we would not necessarily listen to ourselves. Some of these songs are really fun to play. I've picked up a few DLC, and some have been bitter quite disappointing, while others have been surprisingly awesome. So let's share things worth getting. Perhaps saying what you normally listen to, and what DLC was surprisingly good would be a good format.

My contribution:

I normally would listen to progressive rock/metal.

I bought BB King's "The thrill is gone". It has an incredible amount of flair, and it just feels really good to play. Would recommend to anyone, especially those that want to work on their phrasing.

Doogal73
02-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Well, this is not DLC (yet), but I definitely would have never listened to or tried to play any Jack White or White Stripes stuff before Rocksmith. Now I'm a full on addict and have half his albums from the various different projects he plays in. The songs (Icky Thump from RS1 and Sixteen Saltines on disc for RS2, also the Dead Weather song from RS1) are very easy to play and hella fun. He has a ton of really simple and very cool sounding riffs in his songs.

dm_gsxr
02-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Personally I listen to most music however since I typically ride a motorcycle, I don't get much exposure to new stuff any more.

I did find Whipping Post to be a very fun song to play both on Bass and Rhythm. Avenged Sevenfold Nightmare is also great fun and a bit challenging. I bought the CDs for the three songs in the game. I've also purchased individual songs such as Megadeth Public Enemy No. 1, all the Maroon 5 songs (Harder to Breathe is lots of fun), I can't Hear You, Unnatural Selection, Use Somebody, I Miss You and Drive from Incubus even though Drive isn't in the game, Surf Hell, Well OK, Honey, the Fall Out Boys songs (I already had one of them), Slither, Run Back to Your Side, Outshined, Born Under a Bad Sign, and Are You Gonna Go My Way.

I've also explored the ones I already have and didn't realize such as the two easier Judas Priest songs and the Whitesnake one and just purchased three of the Cream CDs (Fresh Cream, Disraeli Gears, and Goodbye) in part because of exposure here and the recent Guitar World issue on Eric Clapton.

So I'm not sure I'm much help. I like most everything (well, the American Woman Rhythm song in Rocksmith can be deleted for all I care). Heck even Gobbledg00k, while initially hard, became quite easy with practice.

Carl

CrazedRacer
02-05-2014, 02:45 PM
2 of my favorite in the game were Gary Clark, Jr.'s and Grace Potter's songs... I didn't expect that 2 indie songs would end up being among my top 5, but they did.

Also, ended up LOVING "Gone Away" by th Offspring. I am a VERY casual Offspring fan and didn't even know the song, but it's my all time favorite to play in RS...

P308R
02-05-2014, 03:04 PM
I love to listen to Lara Fabian, Blackmore's Night, Vandenberg Moonkings (new album 24th februari, check it out!), W.E.T. , Ayreon, Axel Rudi Pell, Michael Schenker etc etc

I bought a few DLC's with classicrock Boston's More than a feeling, Kansas, Darkness and Whitesnake. I decided to choose one odd one for me: Green Day - American Idiot! I am having an absolute blast with this song. Very cool to play and it just makes me jump through the livingroom with the guitar...forget my sound then....:p

@Crazedracer: Thanks for the tip! Just listened both songs! Will be my next buys!

ceestewart
02-05-2014, 05:12 PM
The biggest surprises for me so far are the 3 Hotei songs. Battle Without Honor or Humanity is relatively easy but it's also incredibly fun to play. Japanese rock isn't something I normally listen to but I seem to be buying an awful lot of Japanese DLC lately.

juhanic
02-06-2014, 02:04 AM
The biggest surprises for me so far are the 3 Hotei songs. Battle Without Honor or Humanity is relatively easy but it's also incredibly fun to play. Japanese rock isn't something I normally listen to but I seem to be buying an awful lot of Japanese DLC lately.

I didn't even know this song until I looked it up on youtube... It's the song from kill bill! I'm going to have to try picking this up. It does sound cool

icypineapple
02-06-2014, 03:14 AM
One band which I had never heard of is the japanese band 'One ok rock'. I picked up the song 'No scared' and it instantly became one of my favourites in the game. Solid song with a catchy intro riff and a fast paced chorus. Incredibly fun to play!