PDA

View Full Version : Anyone has an AC game in mind ?

AdamPearce
02-03-2014, 05:26 AM
It's been torturing me for months now, everyday I think of it, I see it, it's becoming an obsession ! The worst is that I created it, this vision of my perfect game, my perfect AC. It looks so good, so intense, so extraordinary, if only I could make it real, I would be the happiest man of Earth. It's a nightmare, a never-ending nightmare...and so sad, so so sad, it won't go out my head, always stuck in it until I forget it or someone or something replaces it. I hope I could erase it all at once, this part of me, that way I would be free of those thoughts, those image, always and always. I don't even know why I writing this, you can't read my mind, but maybe I can show you, uh, would take years ! But I will, yes, I have to. It's funny, I can see how I can share my mind, unfortunately I can't even reproduce an image, it too hard, to much stuff, to much details. Uh, stupid world, who cares about it anyway. But since I can't draw, maybe I can describe, yeah, I'm good at describing...

Imagine a warm and silent city, a calm city. It's dawn, everyone sleeps, except the never surrending patrols of the Great city. On a cliff, a man awaits on the ledge corner of a tour. He is observing around, looking for a way in, a way to sneak in without being seen. He founds one, by the rooftops, but the rooftops are guarded night and day. Clever boy, he knows the shifts of the guards from his investigations. He knows that the guard on the roof has not slept for hours and the thing he most cherishes at the moment is to rest. So our man decides to give him rest for eternity. He nocks an arrow in his bow, close one eye and looks for the wind. The target is too far, he won't be able to get him like this, he needs something else. He concentrates, focuses on his heart beat, his breath, he shuts down the sound of the baby crying, the woman moaning, makes the silence in his head. He finally achieves it, the Sense, he can now see with the precision of an eagle, he aims carefully, inspire and fire. The arrow makes a long but quick travel to the throat's victim. Our man is already gone trought the rooftops, he must not lose time. He arrives at destination, find the body of the death guard and retrieve the arrow stuck in his bloody throat (lucky him he did not fell in the street) he closes the dead eyes and continues. He has arrived in the inside courtyard of a rich house, there is two guards, the first is asleep, the other still around. Quietly, our man passes in front of the sleeping one, of course, shadows are his greatest friend...but any friend can betray you. Damn cat, he haven't seen him, alarmed, the other guard asks for briefing, which wakes up the guard from his sleep, who sees the Assassin. We know our target is in the room on the other side of the courtyard, at this time, he is still asleep, probably with one of the minor slave ***** he trades, no time to argue, we sprint to the room. By that time, the patrol has been alarmed. We find the target alone, panic has seized her, a part of her breast is unveiled, she cries for guards, for help, for gods. I pitty her, I hesitate, bad idea, A spear comes trought my belly, blood everywhere, I just got killed, I failed my mission: desynchronisation.

*sigh*

IWGCJoeCool
02-04-2014, 02:02 AM
mayhaps you should flesh that idea out further, and submit it to Penthouse Forum. i'd read it.

AdamPearce
02-05-2014, 02:59 AM
mayhaps you should flesh that idea out further, and submit it to Penthouse Forum. i'd read it.

I don't want ou to read, I want you to play.

AssassinHMS
02-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I think I get it. I once felt somewhat like that but, after all this time and all these pseudo AC games, I’ve given up on dreaming. Yup, that would be THE AC game or, in other words, an actual Assassin’s Creed game although, I’d prefer if there was less killing (knock out some enemies and kill only the target).

I find it interesting that your description is exclusively based on gameplay, namely on the core mechanics (which is where Ubisot’s “efforts” are nothing but a miserable failure).
Notice that, you are following AC1’s premise, a role-play simulator. You are even pushing realism quite to the extreme with all the different variables that may get you detected if you’re not skilled enough to master. Unfortunately, realism is the opposite of this franchise and yet, it is also the pillar of AC (the neglected one).

Perhaps the closest thing you’ll get to that game is “Thief”.

Unfortunately, we all know that people want dubbed down games and not intense experiences such as the one you’ve described.
If you want to stop the torture, I’d suggest you give up on hope and try to focus on something else because…the odds of Ubisoft making an AC game like that (or an actual AC game for that matter) are microscopic.

Gladiaattori1500
02-05-2014, 08:33 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Didn%2Bt%2Bread_c97649_4240427.gif

ze_topazio
02-06-2014, 12:33 AM
I have many actually.

IWGCJoeCool
02-06-2014, 02:56 AM
I don't want ou to read, I want you to play.

i wasnt being disrespecful, by bloody wristed brother, just a little toungue-in-cheek. like many or most here, i've been captivated by this series of games on more than a few levels. i have many ideas for a game, some based in the traditions so far, and others in some new directions, but all containing the the good handful of iconic bits that make them AC games.

so, i've decided to dial down my wishlist posts, and just trust that Ubisoft and the AC team(s) will find yet another way, to blow me away with surprises and twists.

AdamPearce
02-06-2014, 04:08 AM
i wasnt being disrespecful, by bloody wristed brother, just a little toungue-in-cheek. like many or most here, i've been captivated by this series of games on more than a few levels. i have many ideas for a game, some based in the traditions so far, and others in some new directions, but all containing the the good handful of iconic bits that make them AC games.

so, i've decided to dial down my wishlist posts, and just trust that Ubisoft and the AC team(s) will find yet another way, to blow me away with surprises and twists.

Well I'm waiting for 6 years now and nothing happen (the last time being ACII's ending).

LoyalACFan
02-07-2014, 02:19 AM
Yeah, I think I get it. I once felt somewhat like that but, after all this time and all these pseudo AC games, Iíve given up on dreaming. Yup, that would be THE AC game or, in other words, an actual Assassinís Creed game although, Iíd prefer if there was less killing (knock out some enemies and kill only the target).

I find it interesting that your description is exclusively based on gameplay, namely on the core mechanics (which is where Ubisotís ďeffortsĒ are nothing but a miserable failure).
Notice that, you are following AC1ís premise, a role-play simulator. You are even pushing realism quite to the extreme with all the different variables that may get you detected if youíre not skilled enough to master. Unfortunately, realism is the opposite of this franchise and yet, it is also the pillar of AC (the neglected one).

Perhaps the closest thing youíll get to that game is ďThiefĒ.

Unfortunately, we all know that people want dubbed down games and not intense experiences such as the one youíve described.
If you want to stop the torture, Iíd suggest you give up on hope and try to focus on something else becauseÖthe odds of Ubisoft making an AC game like that (or an actual AC game for that matter) are microscopic.

No. Dude, I've seen a lot of your posts in the past, and all of them are reveling in the glorious halcyon days of AC1, but guess what? AC1 is nothing like you remember. It's not difficult. It's not about killing only your targets. And it's sure as hell not realistic. You could still leap from hundreds of feet to safety, you could still take on dozens of guys in combat, and guards were still dumber than hell, only to a slightly lesser degree to the ones in subsequent games.

I totally agree with you that AC has, for better or worse, abandoned its foundations, and some serious work needs to be put into revamping the core mechanics (stealth most importantly). I'm WITH you on that. But if you keep agonizing over this false notion that AC1 was the most flawless stealth game ever devised, you're not going to be satisfied with anything they put out in the future, even if it's the greatest Assassin simulator of all time.

AssassinHMS
02-07-2014, 03:21 AM
No. Dude, I've seen a lot of your posts in the past, and all of them are reveling in the glorious halcyon days of AC1, but guess what? AC1 is nothing like you remember. It's not difficult. It's not about killing only your targets. And it's sure as hell not realistic. You could still leap from hundreds of feet to safety, you could still take on dozens of guys in combat, and guards were still dumber than hell, only to a slightly lesser degree to the ones in subsequent games.

I totally agree with you that AC has, for better or worse, abandoned its foundations, and some serious work needs to be put into revamping the core mechanics (stealth most importantly). I'm WITH you on that. But if you keep agonizing over this false notion that AC1 was the most flawless stealth game ever devised, you're not going to be satisfied with anything they put out in the future, even if it's the greatest Assassin simulator of all time.

I donít remember such posts of mine for all of them are based on facts and not on some twisted reality concerning AC1.
AC1 is a role-play simulator and it is still slightly more realistic than current iterations. For instance, you canít air assassinate from any height, you actually have to get close to the target before being granted with the option of air assassinating.

And I never said AC1 was a good example of a realistic or difficult game, however, that doesnít mean the franchise canít benefit from those aspects. In fact, the franchise desperately needs realism and challenge.
This kind of realism and challenge:

ďIt asked you to have the situational awareness of a killer, to walk into a room and quietly scope the exits and entrances, lines of sight and potential choke points.ĒThe one Assassinís Creed was meant to have in the first place.

An AC game that actually puts the player in the shoes of an Assassin, where the player must take the time to think, to plan, to scope and act accordingly. A slower pace, a gameplay that rewards intelligence, creativity, patience and skill and that punishes brashness and foolish behaviors (like picking fights or acting like Hulk). Music that builds up tension, spooky environments, tough opponents, multiple ways of silently eliminating targets and reaching the goal. This boosts both immersion and fear which leads to engaging fights, breathtaking escapes, rewarding and thrilling stealth, etc. That is how you can make an intense experience, where all the core mechanics are balanced and have a purpose. That is where ACís potential lays.

Fatal-Feit
02-07-2014, 03:39 AM
@AssassinHMS

The game you're describing sounds very boring and generic for AC. And those are besides the fact that games like that have already been made.

Also, I really don't understand why you're still here on the AC forums, 6+ sequels after, and still preaching the same thing over and over. Are you hoping for another rendition, except with a white hood. You'll have a better chance of that by pitching in a DLC request to the Thief developers.

AdamPearce
02-07-2014, 03:54 AM
@AssassinHMS

The game you're describing sounds very boring and generic for AC. And those are besides the fact that games like that have already been made.

Also, I really don't understand why you're still here on the AC forums, 6+ sequels after, and still preaching the same thing over and over. Are you hoping for another rendition, except with a white hood. You'll have a better chance of that by pitching in a DLC request to the Thief developers.

How can an fully open level structure accorded to a vast and expanded gameplay can be 'boring and generic' ?! And there is no game out there with AC potential, no one.

Fatal-Feit
02-07-2014, 04:01 AM
Let's see.... Let's look at games that have already taken on said simulators. We have Dishonored, Thief, and Tenchu...

AdamPearce
02-07-2014, 04:34 AM
Let's see.... Let's look at games that have already taken on said simulators. We have Dishonored, Thief, and Tenchu...

Thief and Dishonored are first person games, it is no way in comparison to AC, even is the 'concept' may look the same, it is totally different from it, and both are excellent games, I don't see your point ? And for Tenchu, well it clearly is old and get is *** kicked by AC1, which was an historical Assassin simulator (or at least you have the opportunity to play so). But it's still a really good game, so what is your point ?

Do you actually approve that simulator games are good ? Or were trying to show that the concept was already used (which is not since we'd just need to change the setting and you have no possible comparison to do) ?

Hans684
02-07-2014, 07:31 AM
How can an fully open level structure accorded to a vast and expanded gameplay can be 'boring and generic' ?! And there is no game out there with AC potential, no one.

The closest we can get to an AC simulator is the Hitman series. It has the same grounding as AC1 only a lot better, It's like a modern day AC simulator.

Fatal-Feit
02-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Thief and Dishonored are first person games, it is no way in comparison to AC, even is the 'concept' may look the same, it is totally different from it, and both are excellent games, I don't see your point ? And for Tenchu, well it clearly is old and get is *** kicked by AC1, which was an historical Assassin simulator (or at least you have the opportunity to play so). But it's still a really good game, so what is your point ?

Do you actually approve that simulator games are good ? Or were trying to show that the concept was already used (which is not since we'd just need to change the setting and you have no possible comparison to do) ?

My point is, the game HMS described is not very unique and would make AC less interesting. The games I've mentioned are examples similar to his visions, and shows the sacrifices needed to accomplish said ideas.

And I never said they looked like AC. I said they are what AC will become with his ideas.

[edit] Third person adventure games don't make the most realistically immersive stealth simulating experiences either.

AssassinHMS
02-08-2014, 12:20 AM
My point is, the game HMS described is not very unique and would make AC less interesting. The games I've mentioned are examples similar to his visions, and shows the sacrifices needed to accomplish said ideas.
And I never said they looked like AC. I said they are what AC will become with his ideas.

[edit] Third person adventure games don't make the most realistically immersive stealth simulating experiences either.
The games you mentioned share the same core mechanics Ė combat, navigation and stealth. Thatís why my idea seems unoriginal. And it is unoriginal, Iím simply suggesting that AC focuses on improving the core, nothing new here. Regardless, what makes a game unique is the experience (the hidden blade, the social stealth, the atmosphere, the music, the cities, the verticality, the historical aspect, etc.). A game shouldnít neglect its foundations simply because they have been used before (that wouldnít make sense). Itís the way the game uses the core mechanics and pushes their development that confers the uniqueness. Also, current AC games are as generic as they can possibly be, so your point doesnít really have a solid foundation (just like AC).

Anyway, Iím simply stimulating ACís core. If you think that is boring and generic, then you like the franchise for the wrong reasons. In other words, you donít like AC for what it is, just like 80% of the so-called AC fans.

Fatal-Feit
02-08-2014, 01:29 AM
The games you mentioned share the same core mechanics – combat, navigation and stealth. That’s why my idea seems unoriginal. And it is unoriginal, I’m simply suggesting that AC focuses on improving the core, nothing new here. Regardless, what makes a game unique is the experience (the hidden blade, the social stealth, the atmosphere, the music, the cities, the verticality, the historical aspect, etc.). A game shouldn’t neglect its foundations simply because they have been used before (that wouldn’t make sense). It’s the way the game uses the core mechanics and pushes their development that confers the uniqueness. Also, current AC games are as generic as they can possibly be, so your point doesn’t really have a solid foundation (just like AC).

Anyway, I’m simply stimulating AC’s core. If you think that is boring and generic, then you like the franchise for the wrong reasons. In other words, you don’t like AC for what it is, just like 80% of the so-called AC fans.

I'm not even going to try. :rolleyes:

AssassinHMS
02-08-2014, 01:44 AM

A wise decision...

Megas_Doux
02-08-2014, 04:35 PM

He has good points, and I can agree about the annualization and in terms of revamping some of the mechanics, mostly the stealth ones, but his ego reminds me to that of altair in the beginning of AC I. Either you agree with him or you are not a true fan etc etc......

Landruner
02-08-2014, 05:37 PM
The games you mentioned share the same core mechanics – combat, navigation and stealth. That’s why my idea seems unoriginal. And it is unoriginal, I’m simply suggesting that AC focuses on improving the core, nothing new here. Regardless, what makes a game unique is the experience (the hidden blade, the social stealth, the atmosphere, the music, the cities, the verticality, the historical aspect, etc.). A game shouldn’t neglect its foundations simply because they have been used before (that wouldn’t make sense). It’s the way the game uses the core mechanics and pushes their development that confers the uniqueness. Also, current AC games are as generic as they can possibly be, so your point doesn’t really have a solid foundation (just like AC).

Anyway, I’m simply stimulating AC’s core. If you think that is boring and generic, then you like the franchise for the wrong reasons. In other words, you don’t like AC for what it is, just like 80% of the so-called AC fans.

I don't get why you still got flamed for exposing some ideas that were clear to me from day 1.

I always understood that you will enjoy more an AC game based upon the core of the assassin missions & more focus on their designs rather than playing some AC games more focused in some extra content and the secondary activities (which I agree with you, and we had tons of posts and thread together).

In short; More focus on the assassin job itself, and a bit less focus on what he/she could do in playing around with what could be considering as second activities on the game would be already a good thing. ( Note: I am Not saying that they should remove those secondary activities, no they are cool and I like those, but please more focus on the assassin missions, their structure and deeper innovation in their game-play designs)

MnemonicSyntax
02-08-2014, 08:19 PM
LOL, this thread.

Hans684
02-08-2014, 10:27 PM
LOL, this thread.

Just like every other thread about what AC can be or what AC is.

Fatal-Feit
02-09-2014, 01:45 AM
He has good points, and I can agree about the annualization and in terms of revamping some of the mechanics, mostly the stealth ones, but his ego reminds me to that of altair in the beginning of AC I. Either you agree with him or you are not a true fan etc etc......

What someone said in another thread sums up my opinion on this ''true fan'' AC game.

Because when I come home from campus, I 'd prefer a driving simulation to a Need for Speed game, a game about a police officer signing documents to the next Arkham, I 'd prefer to spend dozens of hours in front of my computer for a single moment of entertainment or action to an AC game that thrills me from the very moment that loading ends.

http://www.excalibur-publishing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/police_sim_2_largebox.jpg

OR

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4d/Batman-Arkham-Origins-Box-Art.jpg

I hate this whole notion that preferring to spend half an hour climbing up a building, spotting 1 guard and then spending another half hour with sweat pouring down to your knees, deciding whether it's the right thing or not to kill him for that 300 Reales Chest is what true fans want. AC:2 is proof enough that realism doesn't always make the satisfying ''true AC title'' that ''true fans'' want.

MnemonicSyntax
02-09-2014, 03:00 AM
Just like every other thread about what AC can be or what AC is.

Well, the laughter was more along the lines of everything I've said about HMS in the past is coming to light in this thread. His true colors are showing and not too many seem to like It.

What someone said in another thread sums up my opinion on this ''true fan'' AC game.

I hate this whole notion that preferring to spend half an hour climbing up a building, spotting 1 guard and then spending another half hour with sweat pouring down to your knees, deciding whether it's the right thing or not to kill him for that 300 Reales Chest is what true fans want. AC:2 is proof enough that realism doesn't always make the satisfying ''true AC title'' that ''true fans'' want.

LMAO, that's hilarious. And true. Once he climbs to the top, Assassin realizes that he has to poop. What then? That's realism.

Fatal-Feit
02-09-2014, 03:47 AM
Well, the laughter was more along the lines of everything I've said about HMS in the past is coming to light in this thread. His true colors are showing and not too many seem to like It.

LMAO, that's hilarious. And true. Once he climbs to the top, Assassin realizes that he has to poop. What then? That's realism.

The player must grudgingly dismiss the assignment, and be zealous for the hardcore QTEs that's to come out of the Assassin for the next hour. Because this is what ''true fans'' want.

HiddenKiller612
02-09-2014, 03:52 AM

you drop your pants and silent ****down on a guard.

I-Like-Pie45
02-09-2014, 04:13 PM
the game should have realistic poop cycles, that's for sure

if you don't poop all too regularly, you will die from not pooping

you will get an achievement for dying so, but your entire save file as well as your harddrive to take care of those non-AC games is wiped as a consequence for not pooping like a respectable citizen

AdamPearce
02-09-2014, 04:37 PM

I think he is just really pissed off about how ACs turned from a 'simulator' to a casual AAA game and and the community it brought. And I fully comprehend him, I feel exactly the same.

Landruner
02-10-2014, 05:20 AM
I think he is just really pissed off about how ACs turned from a 'simulator' to a casual AAA game and and the community it brought. And I fully comprehend him, I feel exactly the same.

I think you nailed it about him and some others very well.
In few months ago, I remember having excellent threads and posts with him (HMS) and some other users of this forum - threads about game-play ideas and mission designs, but pretty quickly, the all thing turned into a shore, we got trolled and flamed for it, and then we turned into the black beasts of this forum - eventually being considered as the extremists, the mindless trolls, and the haters of this franchise (and not only by the users)..., and it is sad because we are not.

For the game-play details regarding what I hope it could be eventually worked by the devs, it is more in the mission designs and their details - AC4 main missions were just designed with %80 of "tail that guy" mission design...and felt always the same path about their progression.
I honestly enjoyed the rest of the game-play (Pirate parts), but the main missions of the game, which I felt being the exact template of replicates of the previous opus, and being also the clone of the same mission design inside the game itself - I won't call it a lazy mission designs, but obviously, I felt the filled the missions game-play in order to be on time for the release of the game, and it is sad because AC4 had the potential to make everybody on the same page - as for the Pirate game-play parts as for the Assassin and main mission design - Alas the balance was more in favor of the pirate game-play parts for a game that was about an Assassin.

I have a story and idea of some of game-play for a game that could be turned as an Assassin Creed game (the story and its game-play is ready you just have to plunge it in the AC universe with its lore and background (Modern days), however, the story is a bit darker than the casual AC we saw far, but of course, it is full of humor without being a parodies, full of mystery and full of interesting piece of history references, but it is a bit darker and deeper into the concept of what an assassin could feel and deal in his life, at least a smart reflection of it, without falling into an intellectual shore of it, (Yep, i wrote his because my assassin is a guy, but he is not alone because their is a girl too) - However; I won't share it on this forum since it is useless for the reasons exposed above and being a professional artist, I save my work for myself for future exploitation for a game for another game company, a book or a comic book version of it.

MnemonicSyntax
02-10-2014, 08:54 AM

Here's the problem I have with this though. From Assassin's Creed to even Assassin's Creed 2, there was so much of a change that it's quite obvious the "hardcore fans" weren't exactly thrilled. There's loads of reviews, articles, stories, etc. on the internet, and here on this very forum, of people not thrilled with AC1. Granted, there were loads of people who loved it, and played it until completion. I'm not even saying there's one group over the other, because I don't know that, but obviously something needed to be changed.

Reviewers found the game boring, repetitive. Some players didn't even finish it. When AC2 came out, it was much like an echo of 4's release in that "3 was crap, I'm not sure about taking a chance on this one."

Regardless, something needed to be changed.

The point is, regardless of what needs to be changed now, it doesn't change the fact that there are loads of people who will disagree. While I think something might need changing, Adam, you may not agree with that idea.

And that's just it. Ideas. I don't care how pissed off someone is, this is a forum for discussion. You can't just come here, and say that your ideas are the only good ones, refuse to acknowledge other ideas, and then say that your ideas aren't opinion, but facts. As in "Ubisoft needs to do this, or the franchise will die."

Otherwise, you will receive essentially what has happened here. HMS has some incredible ideas, but it's getting to the point where he's so arrogant and has it all figured out, and keeps saying the same thing over and over again, using thinly veiled insults on the casual players just because they want to pick up the controller and have some fun and leave bodies on the floor.

The problem is, HMS keeps harkening back to the "good ol' days" (also pointed out in this thread) but his memory isn't what it used to be, apparently. You can still leave a pile of dead bodies on the floor. There isn't any sort of "stealth" in the first game that isn't improved in later games. What we were "supposed to get" and what we received are two different beasts.

I've been saying this, over and over again. I left the forums over the holiday, started a new semester and came back just recently. It's the same thing from HMS, but others are starting to see it.

Again, I think HMS has some terrific ideas or opinions. But when you try to force feed them to others based on so-called fact, what we were supposed to get, and what we ended up with, it starts to turn people away. This thread is evident of that.

I think you nailed it about him and some others very well.
In few months ago, I remember having excellent threads and posts with him (HMS) and some other users of this forum - threads about game-play ideas and mission designs, but pretty quickly, the all thing turned into a shore, we got trolled and flamed for it, and then we turned into the black beasts of this forum - eventually being considered as the extremists, the mindless trolls, and the haters of this franchise (and not only by the users)..., and it is sad because we are not.

I don't think either of you are trolls. However, if you read what I said above, maybe you'll understand the issue. In your posts below, you make your post with a bit of grace and civility, in which you give ideas, and not try to say that this is how it needs to happen, because my idea is the best!

For the game-play details regarding what I hope it could be eventually worked by the devs, it is more in the mission designs and their details - AC4 main missions were just designed with %80 of "tail that guy" mission design...and felt always the same path about their progression.
I honestly enjoyed the rest of the game-play (Pirate parts), but the main missions of the game, which I felt being the exact template of replicates of the previous opus, and being also the clone of the same mission design inside the game itself - I won't call it a lazy mission designs, but obviously, I felt the filled the missions game-play in order to be on time for the release of the game, and it is sad because AC4 had the potential to make everybody on the same page - as for the Pirate game-play parts as for the Assassin and main mission design - Alas the balance was more in favor of the pirate game-play parts for a game that was about an Assassin.

Excellent points. I myself feel that there was a decent amount of tail missions, but they are getting old regardless. I also am glad to see that you enjoy the pirate parts. Unfortunately, your friend thinks that's all mindless "fun" and doesn't belong in these games, period, while you seem to appreciate a balance, which I would as well.

I have a story and idea of some of game-play for a game that could be turned as an Assassin Creed game (the story and its game-play is ready you just have to plunge it in the AC universe with its lore and background (Modern days), however, the story is a bit darker than the casual AC we saw far, but of course, it is full of humor without being a parodies, full of mystery and full of interesting piece of history references, but it is a bit darker and deeper into the concept of what an assassin could feel and deal in his life, at least a smart reflection of it, without falling into an intellectual shore of it, (Yep, i wrote his because my assassin is a guy, but he is not alone because their is a girl too) - However; I won't share it on this forum since it is useless for the reasons exposed above and being a professional artist, I save my work for myself for future exploitation for a game for another game company, a book or a comic book version of it.

And again, you remain humble here, which I appreciate. You consider it "an idea", not a solution. Do you see my point? I hope you do :)

Also, best to probably save it. People have been known to put out stories and art and suddenly it becomes canon because they own the IP and since it's their IP, they don't have to pay you for it.

Landruner
02-10-2014, 06:30 PM
@MnemonicSyntax: I am glad and i really appreciate that you took the time to follow up what I wrote earlier, although it was not especially addressed to you, however; I know we had some differences of opinion and misconception of game-play together and I really enjoy exchanging opinion with you, I really do.

You know, I never proposed solutions like you wrote above and I never tried to impose them thinking they were the best, I proposed some suggestions and ideas and proposed concepts or game-play concept all the time I have been there. I never been that pretentious to think that I hold the best resolution to save this franchise from its own "destruction". (sarcastic)

Actually that franchise is doing well, and I do not think that Ubisoft needs my input in order to save what does not need to be save in the first place.
The only thing I feel is that the franchise is getting away from its initiate fan base and it is conquering some new ones each time (year) for each new game.
I am just saying this because i pretty sure that most of the people posting on this board did not really play all the games that that series had to offer (including me, I played all the games except most of the handled)

I honestly don't have solutions to anything and even less for that franchise, I won't ever have to pretension to claim that i know better than everybody there, and the things should my way or the highway, just because I think that I am right
I can only propose suggestions that i think can make things better, but still, those suggestion can be called by different names and not being ultimately at the taste of everyone. However; I just know that something got lost in the process at least since ACR, and I would like to see more focus and ameliorations on what I liked about this franchise, and not seeing disappearing opus after opus.

Yes, you read my mind, I am referring to the assassin main missions, their designs, their scenario(s) and game-play(s), and their integration in the new games.

I don't know what a real assassin is, honestly I have no assassin around me, no hitman, or anyone that could be affiliate to this kind of activity. (Sometime I wish LOL) - I just have knowledge of what the culture could bring to me on this topic (books, movies and games and etc...)

So my point is that I do not have the pretension to think that an assassin should do that because it is more realistic or the assassin should do that because it is what assassin do or should do, I do not know?
What I do know is that i have some imagination and I have some ideas of conception in order to make the things a bit deeper in the Assassin Creed series. Note I wrote deeper, but i don't know if they will make it better neither?

Am i the only one there having some ideas on that forum? - no, you have plenty of people that have some ideas, and sometimes even better than mine (at least I consider some to be better than mine).

Should we propose them of that forum? - yes! should we impose them? no! - should the devs and Ubisoft should consider them? maybe!?! - and when I say maybe it is not because that franchise needs to do that for its own sake, it is because those ideas come from the core of their fans, so some ideas can be considered and valued in consequence to what is realizable to do, and some ideas proposed by some people there are good (in my book) and sure deserve some attention.

Making a game is not easy, and making a game that will please everybody is impossible to do.

My only concerns with that franchise is that I effectively see that the historical setting, the secondary activities and the hero gender or his/her appearance are more the main priorities and focus of the developers than the story, the character assassin and what type of main mission scenario & designs that character is going to deal with before getting his targets, and how he/she gets them. I also see that franchise getting trapped into its own lore and continuity but that is another story.

I just regret that the main focus from the developer teams is not really on the job of assassin of the main character, the story and the character(s) development, the game-play of the Assassin and his missions, and the outcome and consequence of it, I just feel that the main focus is the setting and what that new assassin can do when it won't be busy with his main missions. In general and what could be considered in the movie industry and production as a second plan (accessories and decors).

Like Kubrick said once, you can spend million in a setting and having the most attractive and talented actors with the best director alive, if the depth of the story and its development is weak, the all movie is weak.

I will add It does not mean that the movie won't be successful, but it will stay remembered as a weak movie without depth.

Imagine Assassin Creed the movie, and Fassbinder will spent his time in the movie tailing his targets over and over and killing hundred of people on hiss way and we get the concept, anyone will say (professional critic or public) will claim that the movie is weak and the screenplay could have been ameliorated and elaborated.