PDA

View Full Version : Horrible mouse sensivity !

kwan-13
02-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Hi,
I just want to point out a huge gameplay design issue.
Why on earth did you randomly change mouse sensivity depending on the action ?
There is a different sensivity for free running, fights, ship control, fish hunt, swimming ... ANY ACTION HAS HIS OWN SENSIVITY !!!!!
And there is more, even within a single action the sensivity can also change. For exemple when you use maximum speed on the ship, the sensivity changes depending on the camera angle !
Mouse sensivity should be helping game experience. It can be changed only with great caution, for exemple in fights to have a better focus and precision, but in this game there is a sensivity change in evry single situation !!! This is just too much and makes the gameplay even worse.

playlisting
02-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Best thing to do is go for a wired Xbox 360 controller and plug it in to your PC. They sell really cheap now since the Xbox One came out. They go for around 10 - 15. AC is one of few games where I prefer a controller rather than a mouse and keyboard. In my opinion it feels like the game was designed around an Xbox controller. It's easy to get it working. Just plug it in and off you go. The movement in AC feels a lot smoother with a controller.

kwan-13
02-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Well i have a Xbox 360 controler but i dont like it for this game.

playlisting
02-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Well i have a Xbox 360 controler but i dont like it for this game.

I looked it up a bit and it seems they don't really care about the PC version. They made sure that it would run but that's about it. I don't think they were bothered about the mouse and keyboard when they were designing this game. They made sure that it worked (just) and left us to it. A 360 controller would be the best option but if you decide to use the mouse and keyboard then... good luck I suppose.

kwan-13
02-04-2014, 08:38 PM
it seems they don't really care about the PC version.

That's my point, it's a shame they just dont care about it ... since the game cost the same then Xbox or Playstastion versions, they should try to do better quality on PC then try to develop best anti-hacking system (that obviously dont work by the way)
When you think that the 1st opus was designed almost ONLY for PC ... just a shame

wildheart25c
02-04-2014, 09:06 PM
From your lips to God's ear!!!! All of you! Here I was wondering if I should create a new topic or bring back my old one from last week.

Your complaint is about sensitivity. There was mention of meeting minimum requirement by ubisoft. I concur. Strongly. And not just about sensitivity. Controls in general. For those of you that read my previous topic, this isn't about Brotherhood. I finished brotherhood and revelations and now I got AC 3 and I started playing an hour ago.

Controls changed AGAIN. Menu changed AGAIN. Navigation changed AGAIN.

AC I AC II: same controls same menu same navigation
AC BH AC R: new navigation (from good to crap) + sensitivity.
AC III: new navigation + new controls + new menu + sensitivity (from crap to worthless)
AC IV: no idea. Probably will never find out :P

I don't mind the fact that it felt wierd/different that the whole theme changed when I started AC 3. The previous 4 games had the same game setup. The game itself not the menu. But now I'm in Boston playing the role of an english assassin running after papers that benjamen franklin wrote :D But I do mind mounting a horse with one button and dismounting with another. I do mind being forced to walk in the cavern/bar instead of running. I do mind the crosshair changing from a single straight line to a dot in the middle of the screen that took me almost a minute to realize it was there because my guy wouldnt fire his gun until that lousy dot was near/on the enemy. I do mind not being able to see the health bar of the enemy. I just kept hitting the mouse button not knowing how long until he dies, if I'm doing a combo, or when will Kenway finally end his fight with a kill after the combo.

At the beginning when I started playing AC again (i started around 2 months ago), I felt like Ubisoft was taking its fans into account. AC I AC II were the same. When I started AC II I was actually worried that the controls might have changed but it was really cool that it didn't and all was well. So I don't know what Ubisoft was thinking when they started changing everything. Change is good but bad change is bad change :P I haven't seen any reviews yet but considering your comments about PC vs XBOX, could the reviews really be that different? Controller wise that is.

Finally I'm not supporting this but honestly, that guy that posted last week about buying a pirated copy instead of buying the real thing and putting up with server crashes might not be so bad. I think the title of the topic was something like I FINISHED THE GAME HORAY or HURRAH. Again I don't condone it but honestly, I'm really leaning towards it. I mean enough with the disappointments!

BobV_07
02-05-2014, 08:01 AM
That's my point, it's a shame they just dont care about it ... since the game cost the same then Xbox or Playstastion versions, they should try to do better quality on PC then try to develop best anti-hacking system (that obviously dont work by the way)
When you think that the 1st opus was designed almost ONLY for PC ... just a shame

Well, tis sad to say but gaming companies hardly give a crap about PC. Games now are all made for console then ported over to PC. So, you get a console game on your PC. Pisses me off too cuz PC will always out perform any damn console they wanna try and make. They just go where the money is really and in part I cant blame them for that but still hate getting a game made for console then ported over to PC. Since PC is the higher performance platform they should always make games for PC then port them to the damn consoles. BUT.....they wont. More money for them in console then there is in PC. Us hard core PC people are a small minority and thus we are not as cared for as the consolers <---(not a word, just made it up).

wildheart25c
02-05-2014, 12:56 PM
any idea how much longer it'd have taken them if they did it like you said? PC then port to Consoles? Suppose they kept doing it the way they are now and then paid a bit more attention to PC THEN released it, would that be so bad? Would it take too long that it's pointless? Or are we (unsatisfied PCers) such a small group that it's not worth giving attention to it? Or this issue is like public opinion but it makes bad marketing sense to release it to every console then release the PC version a few months later?

kwan-13
02-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Most of all, this complete dis-interest toward PC gamers increases illegal downloading ... and its understandable, why pay for something unfinished or low quality since you can have it for free ....
And all the money they drop into new security systems wont change it.