PDA

View Full Version : your favourite city across all games?

Gladiaattori1500
01-31-2014, 04:32 PM
I have only played AC2, AC3, ACB and AC4 and from them my favourite has to be Rome from Brotherhood

you?

Ureh
01-31-2014, 05:15 PM
Still Istanbul. I've been replaying the old games before I touch AC4; the hookblade sorta changes the pace of parkour. Love the day/night cycles, ambient music, the sound effects and dialogue that bring the environ to life. It is a fine place to call home.

SixKeys
01-31-2014, 06:00 PM
Probably Tuscany. I like the warm, cozy feel of it and the countryside.

playlisting
01-31-2014, 06:24 PM
Florence from AC2 in the day and Venice from AC2 at night. It looks amazing when the moonlight hits off the water in Venice. Also, is it just me that thinks that AC2 has better graphics than AC4? I'm using max settings on both on my PC and the textures and shadows look noticeably nicer than AC4. Even the animations are on par with AC4. The only thing that's a noticeable improvement is the water in AC4. That looks great but I suppose it has to considering a large chunk of the game is spent on the sea.

Shahkulu101
01-31-2014, 06:28 PM
Gotta be Constantinople. Beautiful city enhanced by an unforgettable art style - and don't get me started on the spectacularly immersive ambient music.

Shahkulu101
01-31-2014, 06:29 PM
Florence from AC2 in the day and Venice from AC2 at night. It looks amazing when the moonlight hits off the water in Venice. Also, is it just me that thinks that AC2 has better graphics than AC4? I'm using max settings on both on my PC and the textures and shadows look noticeably nicer than AC4. Even the animations are on par with AC4. The only thing that's a noticeable improvement is the water in AC4. That looks great but I suppose it has to considering a large chunk of the game is spent on the sea.

Do you have the new Nvidia Rose Tinted graphics card?

Gladiaattori1500
01-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Gotta be Constantinople. Beautiful city enhanced by an unforgettable art style - and don't get me started on the spectacularly immersive ambient music.
is that in revelations?

Dev_Anj
01-31-2014, 07:05 PM

What? The textures in Assassn's Creed 2 are the worst in the series. They weren't bad for the time, and the general aesthetics are good, but they are a downgrade when compared to the textures of any other Assassin's Creed game, even Assassin's Creed 1.

Shadows, no, Assassin's Creed 4 has dynamic shadows and is more accurate in its shadow drawing. The animations, okay Assassin's Creed 2 had better combat animations, and since then the combat animations have been a bit fluky.

As for the topic, I'd say I like Constantinople for how vibrant it is and the variety of buildings it has. The cities in Assassin's Creed 1 were the most practical for mission searching and the most atmospheric for me though.

LoyalACFan
01-31-2014, 07:06 PM
Constantinople, most likely. Though I'm still very fond of Venice.

Sabuto78
01-31-2014, 07:16 PM
daaaam tough question/

ill have to say Florence or Venice cant decide between them x.x

bitebug2003
01-31-2014, 07:43 PM
Italy (all locations)

Gladiaattori1500
01-31-2014, 08:28 PM
is Constantinopole in AC1 or ACR??

SixKeys
01-31-2014, 08:44 PM
is Constantinopole in AC1 or ACR??

ACR. AC1 took place in the Middle East.

Zafar1981
01-31-2014, 10:13 PM
Venice is the best city in whole AC universe. But if you ask me about top 5 then my list is like this.
Venice > Florence > Havana > Jerusalem > Constantinople.

PedroAntonio2
01-31-2014, 10:39 PM
ACI - The music that play when you arrive Jerusalem is just memorable, Acre is dark and ugly, Damascus is o.k. But Jerusalem is great
ACII - Venice and Firenze...probably because of the background music that made the experience more epic.
ACB - Roma without the Countryside. The area around the Colisseum is empty, no builiding to do parkour, only walk with a slow horse. But the area with building is beautiful
ACR - Constantinople is just beautiful, the music and all.
ACIII - Boston and New York are...boring. You can't walk in the rooftops because of the guards, what makes you explore only the streets All building looks the same. The architeture is awful. The Frontier is o.k...
ACIV - Havana reminds me of the good Ezio's Trilogy cities. Where you could walk freely in the rooftops without worrying so much about the guards. Kingston reminds me of Boston, I hate this city. But Havana..its' just...fantastic, it's a shame that the plot doesn't explore this city so much.

playlisting
02-01-2014, 12:13 AM
Do you have the new Nvidia Rose Tinted graphics card?

What? lol. I have a GTX 670 if that answers your question :P

SleezeRocker
02-01-2014, 12:16 AM
My favorite city is still Florence :)

Fatal-Feit
02-01-2014, 01:01 AM
Either Havana, Boston, or New Orleans for me.

Kagurra
02-01-2014, 01:25 AM
I really like the AC1 cities.

Even the entrances to the cities are great. You ride in from the country and there's the big gates with a few market stalls for travelers, etc. Seriously perfect.

I also miss the days when the buildings were actually tall. But I guess that's based on the time period and location.

Consus_E
02-01-2014, 02:09 AM
Constantinople will always be my favorite AC city...

IWGCJoeCool
02-01-2014, 03:27 AM
Venice at Numero uno, and it's canals...otherwise known as the VRT...Venice Rapid Transit, cuz of all the times i'd be running and find myself at a dead end, so i just jumped in the water and swam.

:p

i found New York and Boston dreary, with little vertical excitement
Constantinople and Rome were OK
Florence also beautiful, but the smaller cities ugly in II.
Acre was a slum, Jerusalem had some really nice parts, like near the Temple, but Damascus was beautiful, the most "modern" of the trio. shame that, like that first mission there, where you had to ride all the way, the first far-off reveal of the cities, and the music that went with it, did not become as iconic as other key AC things.

which is why my wish list contains a revisit to that time and place, no matter who the hero is, for a redo, on either next-gen, or at least Anvil-Next-PS3.

poptartz20
02-01-2014, 03:47 AM
Constantinople, (the game was meh.. but I did like the city) then I would say New York, then Damascus, Havana, and a city in AC2 I cant remember right now. haha.

Megas_Doux
02-01-2014, 04:01 AM
Damascus
Venice despite the blue ish tone.
Constantinople
La Habana

PD The North district of Boston is really cool!

phoenix-force411
02-01-2014, 04:39 AM
Constantinople. Rome was great, but once you got to see most of it, it wasn't really all that.

STDlyMcStudpants
02-01-2014, 06:46 AM
Frontier ;D
Constantinople is my fav city (Fun factor, not prettiest city,, but it felt alive)

BoBwUzHeRe1138
02-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Hm.... either Venice...or Florence.... or....Constantinople. I dislike the hookblade and how it sped up climbing -- I liked the zipline but I like the way you climb in AC, I find the speed to be both realistic and plausible but fast enough so as to not feel like a chore. The hookblade just sped it up ridiculously. Still a fun city though.

frodrigues55
02-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Oh that's hard.

I love Havanna, Florence and that one AC1 city that didn't look washed out.

Constantinople is probably the most interesting/complex one, but that damn river ruined it for me.

Aphex_Tim
02-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Damascus, Jerusalem, Florence, Venice, San Gimignano, Havana; I can't possibly pick a favorite from these...

MasterAssasin84
02-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Constantinople, most likely. Though I'm still very fond of Venice.

Dito !! Constantinople was one of the most Vibrant Beautiful Locations i have seen in any Assassins Creed game ! i particularly loved the parts when the sun was setting over the Posperon Harbour !

Though in my opinion Florence comes in second place !

whitestar85
02-01-2014, 04:40 PM
For me Florence is easily the best, but honourable mentions for Damascus (maybe it was Jerusalem, too many years since I've played it), Rome and Constantinople. Given the limitations of the original platform it was designed for, I think New Orleans is pretty decent as well.

lothario-da-be
02-01-2014, 06:21 PM
So much choice, there isn't 1 city that i like much more then all the others, but Constantinople keeps me excited, even when not playing ac:nonchalance:

LeVoyageur07
02-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Constantinople, maybe because I spent 5 weeks working in Istanbul, 10 years ago and really loved the city.

It was nice to visit again, in game.

lothario-da-be
02-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Constantinople, maybe because I spent 5 weeks working in Istanbul, 10 years ago and really loved the city.

It was nice to visit again, in game.
Visiting Constantinople is my dream!

yankeegamergirl
02-01-2014, 07:26 PM
I can't choose just one sorry, Damascus and Venice probably. :)

HiddenKiller612
02-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Constantinople.

unbelievabletr
02-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Venice, Rome, Florence

Rgreen010
02-05-2014, 10:41 AM
I have to say Roma from brotherhood. I loved the one large city concept but constantinople seemed too cluttered in my opinion. Although I did rush through revelations. Going to replay it soon after I finish brotherhood again.

ACLexter
02-05-2014, 01:18 PM
constantinoples Harbor/arsenal :p

Dostoe
02-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Venice and Florence for me.

phoenix-force411
02-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Constantinople. The ambient music and the city made unbelievably astonishing.

LatinaC09
02-06-2014, 12:32 AM
My favorite city is a tie between Venice and Florence. Absolutely gorgeous cities and I plan on visiting them someday soon.

Also, I know it's not a city but I really loved the frontier in AC3 as well. I live in Ohio and the woods in our surrounding area look just like the frontier in the game and it still amazes me at the level of detail they went into for the game.

LoyalACFan
02-06-2014, 01:07 AM
My favorite city is a tie between Venice and Florence. Absolutely gorgeous cities and I plan on visiting them someday soon.

Also, I know it's not a city but I really loved the frontier in AC3 as well. I live in Ohio and the woods in our surrounding area look just like the frontier in the game and it still amazes me at the level of detail they went into for the game.

Eh, a fellow Ohioan :)

inferno33222
02-06-2014, 01:42 AM
Havana for sure. It's just so colorful and gorgeous, and it also feels exotic. Florence and Venice are close second's and third's.

LatinaC09
02-06-2014, 04:57 AM
Eh, a fellow Ohioan :)

It's always nice to meet a fellow Ohioan, and a Creed fan at that. :)

Hans684
02-06-2014, 05:08 PM
1) La Habana.

2) Firenze.

3) The Carribean sea.

4) The Fronteir.

5) NY.

6) Constantinople.

Beyond that the other citys is either meh and/or boring.

LoyalACFan
02-06-2014, 06:49 PM
It's always nice to meet a fellow Ohioan, and a Creed fan at that. :)

Indeed :D *hat tip*

BATISTABUS
02-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Venice. Every once in a while I pop in AC2 just so I can run around for a bit.

oliacr
02-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Constantinople of course. then Rome. but Constantinople is the most beautiful. Really liked, we should go back there:)

Gladiaattori1500
02-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Just started Revelations and I gotta agree that Constantinople looks brilliant by the looks of it.

Also now that I have thought about it, my top 4 would be:

1.Frontier
2.Rome
3.Havana
4.Constantinople

phoenix-force411
02-06-2014, 11:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSnOq9g5RIU

The CHILLS!

Free-roam Constantinople with this song and it is so amazing! Eargasmic! By the way, if you already beat the game then you won't hear anything as it is a bug, but you can quickly enter a memory in Sequence 5 to trigger this to play once you exit the memory. This undone's the bug, but the bug will come back once you exit the game.

LoyalACFan
02-07-2014, 01:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSnOq9g5RIU

The CHILLS!

Free-roam Constantinople with this song and it is so amazing! Eargasmic! By the way, if you already beat the game then you won't hear anything as it is a bug, but you can quickly enter a memory in Sequence 5 to trigger this to play once you exit the memory. This undone's the bug, but the bug will come back once you exit the game.

I could have SWORN this was from Brotherhood!

phoenix-force411
02-07-2014, 07:17 AM
No, it's not from Brotherhood. If you imagine it in Brotherhood in Rome, it doesn't quite fit with the city and setting.

jdowny
02-07-2014, 01:46 PM
I think mine's got to be Damascus, partly because I've been there in real life, but mainly because for me it's the best city for free running. It's a maze of houses, madrasas, mosques and courtyards, brimming with beams and scaffolding that allow you to travel from one end of the city to the other without ever touching the ground.

For me, the first AC was the best in terms of this sense of freedom, and Damascus just seemed to sum it up best.

pirate1802
02-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Havana or Venice. Can't decide between these two. While Venice is bigger and has the verticality, the sheer beauty of Havana would from time to tie stop me in my tracks and make me gawk at the scenery. I can run around in both these cities for hours without getting bored.