PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Lady Assassin

RinoTheBouncer
01-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Whom do you like the most and wish she has her own game?

Gibbo2g_83
01-30-2014, 02:27 PM
I've voted for Shao Jun because I think she'll have a totally new style of combat to what we have had already but having enjoyed Liberation I'd really like to see Aveline in a full game as well.

aL_____eX
01-30-2014, 02:29 PM
Wasn't Maria Thorpe a Templar most of her life?

In connection with another thread where a weird discussion is going on, it should be Caterina Sforza. I quite liked her character. She had this authority but also this steely determination. But seriously I would love to have the Shao Jun game, now!

ze_topazio
01-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Flavia Auditore

Kaschra
01-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Mary. She's also my fave character of AC4.

I haven't finished Liberation yet, but I really like Aveline. Though I really don't think she can surpass Mary as my favourite assassin.
For a new game, I think Shao Jun works best.

SixKeys
01-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Mary Read.

LoyalACFan
01-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Wasn't Maria Thorpe a Templar most of her life?

Not really, only until her 20s or something. But I'm not entirely sure if she actually became an Assassin after she defected (did Altair even have any women Assassins in his order?)

Had to go with Mary Read, she's by far the coolest. Though Shao Jun might knock her off that throne if she ever gets a game, I didn't see enough of her in Embers to call her the best.

Aphex_Tim
01-30-2014, 07:45 PM
The one we get to shag in Edward's mansion.

RinoTheBouncer
02-02-2014, 10:13 AM
No votes for Claudia? seriously?!

Consus_E
02-02-2014, 01:15 PM
I like Jun's back story, kinda interested to see how they handle a "concubine turned assassin" (assuming that she gets a game) Otherwise Mary and Aveline are about even...

Aphex_Tim
02-02-2014, 01:29 PM

Claudia was a little weird. First she is the little sister we have to look after by beating up boyfriends, then she does years of administrative work, and then she suddenly kills a dozen guards without being affected by it at all, even saying she's ready to do it again. That came really out of nowhere and was pretty creepy, to say the least.

AherasSTRG
02-02-2014, 01:59 PM
I haven't posted on the forums for a while, but this time it felt obligatory to do so! Where is Rosa from Assassin's Creed 2!? This woman was the sexiest assassin to appear on the games, the most dynamic and interesting. She even taught great Ezio a few tricks. By the time Ezio returned from Constantinople, she had already succeeded him as the leader of the Italian assassins. I believe she more than deserves a spot in the poll. \m/ Rosa \m/

dxsxhxcx
02-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Claudia was a little weird. First she is the little sister we have to look after by beating up boyfriends, then she does years of administrative work, and then she suddenly kills a dozen guards without being affected by it at all, even saying she's ready to do it again. That came really out of nowhere and was pretty creepy, to say the least.

She wasn't hanging out with nuns to be frank, years interacting with trained assassins and the constant menace to her life due to her allegiance certainly changed her, the Claudia we knew from AC2 wouldn't even move at the face of danger...

SixKeys
02-02-2014, 02:39 PM

I like Claudia, but the poll only allowed for one option. :p Mary was definitely much more interesting as a character.

I haven't posted on the forums for a while, but this time it felt obligatory to do so! Where is Rosa from Assassin's Creed 2!? This woman was the sexiest assassin to appear on the games, the most dynamic and interesting. She even taught great Ezio a few tricks. By the time Ezio returned from Constantinople, she had already succeeded him as the leader of the Italian assassins. I believe she more than deserves a spot in the poll. \m/ Rosa \m/

Rosa is great, but she was never an assassin. At least not in the games (never read the novels).

datensystem
02-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Mary Read

ze_topazio
02-02-2014, 03:19 PM
We don't know if Claudia had any sort of training during those years she spent at Monteriggioni, not long ago I discovered that she got married and had a child during those days, something that is not mentioned in the games at all, I guess becoming an uncle was not important enough for Ezio to remember.

Pandassin
02-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Mary Read for me. She is probably my 2nd favourite Assassin out of them all.

Shahkulu101
02-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Toss up between Aveline and Mary. Went with the latter because I've seen more of her.

When it's going for pennies, I'll give Liberation HD a go. The game seems widely regarded as mediocre, even plain bad by some stretch - too wary of it to pay £15. I'll need that for The Last of Us: Left Behind. (which releases on valentines day - first time I've ever looked forward to that POS holiday)

Fatal-Feit
02-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Aveline for me, no doubt. It was a struggle playing through 20 hours of Liberation, but it did become rewarding by the end. I really enjoyed some of the casts and most of the places we've visited(excluding the swamp). If Liberation hadn't based most of its missions in the Bayou, giving players tedious-linear quests, and shoving the interesting relationships and characters for annoying plot-twists and aggrivating characters like Agate' and what's-his-face-traiter, I may have enjoyed Aveline as much as the main Assassins. Aveline really deserves more than an HD remake.

lothario-da-be
02-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Aveline being cute with Gérald ftw!

STDlyMcStudpants
02-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Aveline because I'm racist.
Mary Reed is an obnoxious character..annoying in every way, makes me cringe lol.

Consus_E
02-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Mary Reed is an obnoxious character..annoying in every way, makes me cringe lol.

You make me cringe... lol

Aphex_Tim
02-02-2014, 11:42 PM

I've played through AC4 once so far. I'm really curious to how I will see Mary Reed in a second playthrough; she was pretty much the most mindf**king character in the AC franchise. :p When she first appeared in the game, I thought it was obviously a woman in disguise. As the game progressed I started doubting more and more and finally just accepted that it was just a boy with a bloody annoying voice. Then, shortly after that, she reveals herself to be a woman! After slapping myself in the face, I was half expecting her to reveal herself to actually be a man after all later in the game. :nonchalance:

adventurewomen
02-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Mary Reed and Aveline, I like both of them it's hard to pick one for this poll. :(

Fatal-Feit
02-03-2014, 05:14 AM
Mary Reed and Aveline, I like both of them it's hard to pick one for this poll. :(

Choose Aveline to help even it up. ;)

Consus_E
02-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Kinda wish I'd voted for Maria now...

RinoTheBouncer
02-03-2014, 10:41 AM
My only problem with Mary Reed is that she died young before having any “epic” scenes of a grand finale. She was a secondary character and remained a secondary character and sadly, her death was more like “Oh is she really dead? isn’t she gonna wake up later and do some epic move in the end?” but that did not happen.

Gibbo2g_83
02-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Its quite hard to decide really if it was for the character alone Aveline would win hands down but from a game play point of view Shao Jun has the most potential as she would have to have completely new combat animations and to me the combat is the reason I play these games, for instance the fact that Connor has the best combat is the only reason I got through AC3. Aveline is about the same as Connor for combat but she doesn't have any new animations of her own she just has an awesome mix of Connor,Haythem and Edwards animations even the whip is just the rope dart animations. As for Mary Reed I think she is a good side character but I have no interest in her as a leading protagonist because she'd probably be similar to all the other main characters for combat. I can't really remember the others in the list so I won't comment on them. So if I had to choose right now who I'd want in a new game it would be Shao Jun but I'd also really like to see Aveline in a full game of her own as well.

ACLexter
02-03-2014, 02:05 PM
I vote Shao Jun.
because she's Asian :D :D :D

Hans684
02-04-2014, 05:06 PM
1) Aveline De Grandprè

2) Mary Read

3) Shao Jun

4) Claudia Auditore Da Firenze

5) Maria Thorpe

unbelievabletr
02-04-2014, 07:44 PM
thorpe... i liked her from the beginning

pirate1802
02-07-2014, 02:53 PM

Yeah.. now only if we could slap some bewbz on her, would definitely make her a lot more interesting!!!

xandyjf
02-07-2014, 09:22 PM
Aveline é a mais gata de todas. Pena que o Eduard não dá uns pega nesta Felina!
: P