PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV Registry Keys

EverAmbiguous
01-30-2014, 09:34 AM
I recently switched hard drives. With Steam and Origin, this wasn't a big problem--just copy/pasted the games over and they installed fine. However, Uplay doesn't see the games as installed. After looking into the issue for different Ubisoft games, I've come to the conclusion that it's a registry problem: my registry doesn't have the appropriate keys.

I'm wondering if anyone with Windows 7 64-bit would be willing to post the registry keys for this game (probably in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Wow6432Node>Ubisoft). I'd really appreciate it.

YazX_
01-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Key: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Values as string:

(Default) ----> no value
Installdir ----> X:/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx (NOTE IT IS SLASH INSTEAD OF BACKSLASH and replace it with your game installation folder)
language ---> English
SKU ----> WW

spectatorx
01-30-2014, 12:47 PM
How to backup game's files and start game from prepared backup?

1. To create a backup of the game files go to folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\ and copy the game folder (Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag) to folder on other disk/partition or burn it to blu-ray disc (i advice blu-ray disc because of capacity).
2. After Windows or uplay reinstallation go tu uplay folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\), create new folder and rename it to "games" and copy into this folder "Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag".
3. Start uplay, login, click "install the game", it will detect files and eventually update the game. After this verification process game will be available to play.

EverAmbiguous
01-31-2014, 07:18 AM
Thanks, YAZ_H. I really appreciate it. Just to be clear--that IS in the location I pointed out, yes? That is, a sub-Key of "Ubisoft."

And, is the SKU really WW? If not, I'm not sure what that means. Is it my activation code?

I'll try both when I get a chance. Thanks again.

EverAmbiguous
01-31-2014, 07:32 AM
Alright, I got it to work with the "WW." Thanks very, very much.

Now I'm going to try the same thing with AC III, SC Conviction, and SC Blacklist.

Edit: hmm, didn't work for them. Oh well. They can actually be played without being "installed," I'd just prefer that Uplay recognized them. But thanks very much for the help with Black Flag.

YazX_
01-31-2014, 12:54 PM
Alright, I got it to work with the "WW." Thanks very, very much.

Now I'm going to try the same thing with AC III, SC Conviction, and SC Blacklist.

Edit: hmm, didn't work for them. Oh well. They can actually be played without being "installed," I'd just prefer that Uplay recognized them. But thanks very much for the help with Black Flag.

They are different than AC4, i wanted to export the keys for you but they are too many, however, why not installing them as all of them have installers?

tunnelcat
01-31-2014, 09:23 PM
How to backup game's files and start game from prepared backup?

1. To create a backup of the game files go to folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\ and copy the game folder (Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag) to folder on other disk/partition or burn it to blu-ray disc (i advice blu-ray disc because of capacity).
2. After Windows or uplay reinstallation go tu uplay folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\), create new folder and rename it to "games" and copy into this folder "Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag".
3. Start uplay, login, click "install the game", it will detect files and eventually update the game. After this verification process game will be available to play.

I've got a different setup and a slightly different question. All my Ubisoft games are on the D: drive and the OS is on the C: drive. How can I backup all my Uplay games before an OS reinstall? I've currently got 5 Ubisoft games. I'm thinking of converting my OS drive to an SSD, and I want a backup in case the cloning of the OS drive really messes up.

YazX_
01-31-2014, 10:38 PM
I've got a different setup and a slightly different question. All my Ubisoft games are on the D: drive and the OS is on the C: drive. How can I backup all my Uplay games before an OS reinstall? I've currently got 5 Ubisoft games. I'm thinking of converting my OS drive to an SSD, and I want a backup in case the cloning of the OS drive really messes up.

well you need to backup registry keys, My Documents and any other ubisoft folder inside appdata.

EverAmbiguous
02-01-2014, 04:22 AM
They are different than AC4, i wanted to export the keys for you but they are too many, however, why not installing them as all of them have installers?

Installers?

Do you mean this: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers)? if so, they don't appear to be working--I tried starting Autorun.exe, but it says it's not a valid Win32 application (may have something to do with a jump from 32 to 64 bit OS).

Or are you referring to something else?

YazX_
02-02-2014, 12:26 AM
Installers?

Do you mean this: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers)? if so, they don't appear to be working--I tried starting Autorun.exe, but it says it's not a valid Win32 application (may have something to do with a jump from 32 to 64 bit OS).

Or are you referring to something else?

i thought you have physical media or the content on those media, try to double click on setup.exe instead of autorun as i find it strange that they are not working, have you tried to re-download them from UPlay again, they might have the setup file corrupted.

EverAmbiguous
02-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Hmm, yes, I do have the physical disks. I certainly could do it that way, I suppose, but my optical drive isn't connected (have too many hard drives connected), and that still leaves these gigantic patches that need to be downloaded...unless you're suggesting that an install can be "repaired" somehow without losing the patches? Is that what you're suggesting?

I was hoping to use Registry Keys to avoid having to go to all that trouble. But I'll give it a shot when I get a chance.

YazX_
02-04-2014, 01:10 AM
Hmm, yes, I do have the physical disks. I certainly could do it that way, I suppose, but my optical drive isn't connected (have too many hard drives connected), and that still leaves these gigantic patches that need to be downloaded...unless you're suggesting that an install can be "repaired" somehow without losing the patches? Is that what you're suggesting?

I was hoping to use Registry Keys to avoid having to go to all that trouble. But I'll give it a shot when I get a chance.

nah, the install cannot be repaired after patching because the data on DVDs are older than the patches so it wont work, anyway you have two options:

1. Connect your DVD drive and copy DVDs contents to your H.D.D for each game, then you can disconnect your DVD drive as its not needed. now install each game from copied data and let UPlay handle the patching.
2. As you wanted in this thread to just copy the backup installed game folder to the location you want and open registry keys, but in this case you need to make sure that registry keys for patches match the actual downloaded patch for the game.

if you still want to go with method "2", ill extract the registry keys for SC Black List and AC3 (sorry dont have SC Conviction but you can use method 1 for this) as .reg file and send them over, but as i said, the registry keys i have for both games are with latest patches, if you are sure your games are fully patched, let me know so i can send the keys.

EverAmbiguous
05-23-2014, 06:59 AM
Sorry for the super-late reply, but I kind of forgot about this thread...

Anyway, I decided to forego attempts to reinstall, at least for now. I can play all the games simply by launching the executable, that's good enough for me. But thanks for your help, YAZ.

Locopells
05-23-2014, 09:07 AM
If you still need reg keys, gimme your installation path, and I'll run you up a set, based on mine.

Sarab1Jot2Singh
09-24-2016, 03:23 PM
Guys, I reinstalled my OS. AC rogue wasn't in system disk, so it didn't get deleted. But it isn't working. It's probably so because the registry files got deleted as well. Can anyone post the registry files for AC rogue as well

Locopells
09-25-2016, 06:06 PM
You shouldn't need them. On the ACRo page in Uplay, under the 'Download button', there should be a link to 'Locate installed game'. Click it, navigate to the folder where the ACRo is installed and Uplay should sort it all from there.

http://i.imgur.com/8kKFfrZ.jpg (https://support.ubi.com)
Thanks to strigoi1958 for the sig!