PDA

View Full Version : AC4 hints at where the next game will take place apparently. POSSIBLE SPOILERS

ConanTheLeader
01-29-2014, 02:47 PM
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/29/ubisoft-hasnt-really-planned-the-end-of-assassins-creed

As an annualised series, we're due an announcement about where Assassin's Creed (http://www.ign.com/games/assassins-creed/xbox-360-908108) V will take place fairly soon. While McDevitt admitted that there are genuine hints in Black Flag, hidden as a "reward for completionists", he laughed off all the speculation that an email included in the game listing possible locations contains the real one: "The fans generated that list, we didn’t generate that list," he said.

As a completionist I saw no hints, anyone got any ideas? I guess London was hinted in the ending, but that's for the general gamer, everyone would have seen that. What is it that completionists should have seen that others who just did a playthrough, did not see?

adventurewomen
01-29-2014, 02:53 PM
I am also a completionist, and I agree with you there are no hints for AC5 in AC4BF.

The London Opera House setting at the end of AC4 was a full circle moment for which we know was the plot setting location for AC3.

Shahkulu101
01-29-2014, 03:01 PM
I 100% AC4 and I don't have any sort of idea as to what hints he could be referring to. Maybe something in the bottled messages? I didn't read them all through cause I figured the revelation about the writer being a Sage was the only noteworthy information.

I'd be willing to bet there's something in one of Abstergo's computers. I haven't hacked them all (stuck on 1 more) and, to be honest, I skipped a few of the long-winded audio logs but I did listen to all the Desmond ones I got - I think there's one more Desmond log but I'm not sure what the last computer has in store. And I can't be bothered at this time.

ze_topazio
01-29-2014, 03:20 PM
Two manuscripts about the Portuguese discovery age, a page of the book "Crónicas dos Feitos de Guiné", with the picture of prince D. Henrique (Henry the Navigator in English, the man that started the discovery age) and a page of Vasco da Gama diary, the one he wrote during his first travel to India, one of the many art treasures is a Goa stone, a type of container made in Goa, a Portuguese colony in India and Portugal is the only country named in the kenway's Fleet minigame.

FRENCH REVOLUTION CONFIRMED!!!

prince162010
01-29-2014, 04:40 PM
Wait a second, i think he said (LIST) after the completion of the game ! ! ... did he he refers to this list ?

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/853x473q90/844/1rcd.jpg

dxsxhxcx
01-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Wait a second, i think he said (LIST) after the completion of the game ! ! ... did he he refers to this list ?

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/853x473q90/844/1rcd.jpg

probably, and from what I understood he also said that is highly unlikely that the new setting for the NEXT game is among those options...

ze_topazio
01-29-2014, 05:05 PM
The locations in that list are just the most requested scenarios by fans and some random ones as a joke, like the Summer of love and the wild west, it should be obvious that list was just a joke aimed at us.

pineal_gland
01-29-2014, 05:23 PM
China isn't on the list while it has been suggested by many fans.
Isn't that a bit suspicious? Together with the box at the end of freedom cry.

I mean yes, the hint with the box is pretty obvious, some people argue that the hint is TOO obvious but lets be honest, they have dumbed down the franchise anyhow.. Just compare the puzzles of AC4 with the ones from AC2/ACB.

silvermercy
01-29-2014, 05:34 PM
I remember reading that. So, if we exclude the Simpsons joke, it's Japan, Egypt or France.

aL_____eX
01-29-2014, 05:43 PM
When it comes to AC I'm definitely a completionist! I've played Black Flag for more than onehun... enough hours, discovered every little thing that can be discovered. Read through all the bottle messages, read everything that was in the computers, investigated the whole Abstergo building (I thought the might have hidden something there) and I have absolutely no idea what this "hint" could be? I'm going to read through all the things from the hacked computers again... The hint must be in the modern day part.

I like the idea of India and China together, the Koh-i-Noor has to play a role in the future, it's the ONE PoE out of all pieces. And China is actually where I want ACV to take place. I could also imagine India in connection with the British Empire. Hmm... I have to stop thinking about this... It's driving me crazy. Hope it will be announced soon.

edit: One thing that may not be connected to the whole conspiracy: Giovanni Borgia owned a Crystal Skull and in 1542 he was contacted by a chinese man, who may have been Emperor Jiajing, as one of Clay Kaczmarek's messages speaks of him. The Crystal Skull could also be the hint...

SixKeys
01-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Not sure if it's in any way related, but does anyone have an idea about the relevance of the manuscript pages we collect in AC4? They seem pretty random and not related to the plot, but at some point in the modern day you find something in one of the computers that says something like "we encourage you to pay special attention to something called the Voynich manuscript if you find anything from it". Why is this thing so important? Could it possibly be another hint?

Megas_Doux
01-29-2014, 06:15 PM
The locations in that list are just the most requested scenarios by fans and some random ones as a joke, like the Summer of love and the wild west, it should be obvious that list was just a joke aimed at us.

This!

ConanTheLeader
01-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Not sure if it's in any way related, but does anyone have an idea about the relevance of the manuscript pages we collect in AC4? They seem pretty random and not related to the plot, but at some point in the modern day you find something in one of the computers that says something like "we encourage you to pay special attention to something called the Voynich manuscript if you find anything from it". Why is this thing so important? Could it possibly be another hint?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22975809

That might be a reference to the real life mystery of the scripts, but it won't harm to take another look at the in game versions.

Rugterwyper32
01-29-2014, 07:26 PM
I'll just bring back this post from a topic discussing Prague as a future location:

After checking the dates of the video, that fits with the Long War and slightly after, which I think would be a pretty damn good setting. Intrigue, actual assassination attempts, a nice setting, a good sight of what Vali talked about back in Revelations and showing you what the problem of assassins helping out the Ottoman Empire was... Pretty interesting stuff. A nice amount of deaths in Prague, we'd have some pretty nice locations around besides Prague (Bratislava is one of the first that come to mind, but I'll do some more investigation with this, as there's many more. Vienna is likely too) also with some interesting targets... Some nice fun. And besides, if we go past 1608 a bit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_..._Roman_Emperor

We already got the pope in a 15th century boxing match. Why not the Holy Roman Emperor next?

WHOA WHOA HOLD YOUR HORSES HERE I'M BRINGING THIS TOPIC BACK BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE ONTO SOMETHING. Yeah, there was the mention of subtle hints, and after some research, guess what? There are indeed some nice connections besides that video, but there's one that hit me. I remember people mentioning the Voynich Manuscript. And it is indeed among the secrets in the game, not sure how significant but it is there. But what if that was a hint? Rudolf II was one of the alleged owners of it, and Edward Kelley, an "alchemist" who Rudolf II brought to his court being as interested in the occult as he was, is claimed by some to have created the manuscript as a fraud. It all fits in with the timeframe given.

If anyone wants the topic to see what was going on before it died:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/809167-*SPOILERS*-Next-Assassins-Creed-taking-place-in-the-Czech-Republic-*SPOILERS*

Just no necroposting please, let's bring that discussion here

yoloswaggins355
01-29-2014, 07:28 PM
I think that it is definitely the thing you get involving abstergo employees that they are referring to, however, I'm thinking that it is something that isn't listed in the places where they found traces of Desmond's ancestors, but one of the lesser mentioned ones. One big one that was mentioned was Jack the Ripper(referring to Victorian London) This isn't the most likely, as there are a lot of other things in the letter, but this is a popular suggestion for them to use Victorian London, and while it is found through going through the story, it is a long letter, and they may count it as a sidequest.

On another note, could it be anything else that was hacked from the computers? One that I didn't read was Edward Kenway's journal or whatever it was, because it was REALLY long, so there may be something in there. There are also documents with files detailing things such as the crystal skulls, so they may also be likely as well.

LoyalACFan
01-29-2014, 07:43 PM
The only solid hint I could think of is the London opera house if they're going to make an Edward game in England ("a reward for completionists" could maybe just mean completing the story, I guess) but other than that, I can't think of anything that stood out as hints in Black Flag proper. Just the box in Freedom Cry.

Remember that Reddit post about the two games this year, one being London and one being China? Let's face it, it's most likely false, but it does seem to make sense with the "hints" we've been given. The opera house pointing to England, the box pointing to China. Maybe there was a teensy bit of veracity in that post after all...?

ze_topazio
01-29-2014, 08:16 PM
England could mean Edward or Haytham or Connor or all of them.

guardian_titan
01-29-2014, 08:36 PM
Considering how long it took to find the John from IT Easter egg in the game files, chances are the clue is in the game files somewhere and not something just anyone can find in the game itself. That way only the "completionist" will find it. Possible it could be in code and need a cipher to decode it or it's an obscure reference to something we're unaware of. Maybe it's an audio file. Maybe it's in the code itself. Maybe it's related to unused assets in the game files.

Since the list in the game is fan generated, I'm not taking any of it for granted outside of what we already know is true. The list only really serves to tell us which lines Desmond got from where (Edward/Haytham/Connor and Ezio from William, Altair from his mother). So no Egypt, no France, no Japan. China, like Japan, interests me like a hole in the head frankly. I'd rather see Shao Jun get a comic or a book ... or a Vita game. I did not watch Embers (I haven't watched Lineage, either, despite owning it), but China just doesn't grab my interest. I tried to write a story some years ago with a female Chinese protagonist from the 1700s. This was prior to AC1 being released and long before I got into the AC series. I got drafts 1 and 2 done, lengthened the story from 1 book to a trilogy, gave my protagonist a long occurring lover and a family, ... and tossed it because I got bored with it. It wasn't relatable for me. I saw Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon in theaters because one of my teachers gave extra credit to those who saw it. I even bought the movie when it was released on DVD. But I found it boring. I never watched it after I bought the DVD so I just wasted money on it. I also played World of Warcraft for a number of years. I got roughly 6 months into Mists of Pandaria and quit. I don't see how Ubisoft can retain my attention with a Chinese game if Blizzard couldn't do it and I couldn't do it myself. I'd rather see anything other than China. I'd even take South America and I find that place boring, too.

With two games out this year and Liberation apparently not being counted, we could also be looking for two clues in the game. One might be more obvious, the other less so. Where better to hide than in plain sight, after all? Don't have too long before we see an announcement for the next game(s). I'd suggest to think outside the box and look for clues related to things that are not on the in-game list. Everyone is getting caught up on it. Ignore the list and look at other things.

silvermercy
01-29-2014, 08:54 PM
This is one of their quotes about Freedom Cry hints: “There are some [hints] but our fans will only discover them in the future. They’re in your face, but you’d have to be a hardcore fan to understand them.”

Apparently it should be very obvious?? lol So, it's either the box (China) or that Haiti was a French colony and the protagonists speak French (France).

LoyalACFan
01-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Both England and China are absent from the "fan-generated" email list.

Just sayin'

aL_____eX
01-29-2014, 09:07 PM
I'm still wondering about Darby saying "Look at the stars". That doesn't fit into anything I can think about.

"There are some [hints] but our fans will only discover them in the future. They’re in your face, but you’d have to be a hardcore fan to understand them." With this said it is most likely the box, you have to have knowledge about the AC story and it's right in your face. But on the other side, the box is TOO obvious and too easy.

silvermercy
01-29-2014, 09:12 PM

Just sayin'

But then, they're not "in your face", so it has to be something else, other than the email. If it's the email, then the location should be one of those that are already included.

Also, stars... (this still hasn't been solved). lol Do any of these new countries in the email have stars in their flags (now or back then)? Except America I guess since it's been done.

aL_____eX
01-29-2014, 09:16 PM
At first I thought it would be something in the credits (stars of the game) so I sat down and watched the whole thing... but nothing. :o

pineal_gland
01-29-2014, 09:17 PM

Just sayin'

Yeah, one would think that if the next AC isn't set in China, they would at least put in an art piece made by ChaoyuanXu on Deviantart, like these ones.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/111/b/c/assassin__s_creed___another_tale__chapter_2_by_cha oyuanxu-d4x4rof.jpg

http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/PGNJv.jpg

http://analogaddiction.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/ac-china-1.jpeg

dxsxhxcx
01-29-2014, 09:18 PM
"he laughed off all the speculation that an email included in the game listing possible locations contains the real one"

Doesn't this mean that the list doesn't have the real location?

silvermercy
01-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Well, the positive thing is that we know it will take place on this planet. :)

I think... :confused:

aL_____eX
01-29-2014, 09:23 PM
Hmm... maybe he's just a good liar. Saying that the location is not included in the list, and the location really not being included in the list, are two very different things.

But that's just speculations from my side...

I invested so much time in the GTA 5 Mount Chiliad mystery and now this... game companies are not fair, cliffhangers are NOT fair!

silvermercy
01-29-2014, 09:30 PM
Hmm... maybe he's just a good liar. Saying that the location is not included in the list, and the location really not being included in the list, are two very different things.

But that's just speculations from my side...

True. For example it says French Revolution (but no location there). lol

LoyalACFan
01-29-2014, 09:39 PM
But then, they're not "in your face", so it has to be something else, other than the email. If it's the email, then the location should be one of those that are already included.

Also, stars... (this still hasn't been solved). lol Do any of these new countries in the email have stars in their flags (now or back then)? Except America I guess since it's been done.

I dunno, I mean... The London Opera House and Shao Jun's box are pretty much as in-your-face as anything could be without screaming "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M GONNA BE IN AC5!!!!" :p They're in story cutscenes, for crying out loud.

As for the stars thing, I'm still thinking about that, but I'm fond of my theory that it pertains to stars of the AC series, not literal stars. Meaning AC5 might feature Edward, Haytham, Connor, Shao, or basically anybody else we've already seen in AC except Ezio or Altair, since we've seen pretty much every moment of their lives from birth to death (though we might see a bit of Ezio if AC5 is a Shao Jun game). I doubt it pertains to stars on flags, since like half the countries in the world have had stars on their flags at some point.

Rugterwyper32
01-29-2014, 09:47 PM
I think China could very well be it, and I had a thought regarding the star hint. Quoting myself yet again:

" There was also this hint, look at the stars, and then I started thinking... What have I read about China that could match up with this? And I came to a conclusion about a landmark that fits right in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_Ancient_Observatory. "

aL_____eX
01-29-2014, 09:52 PM
I read that post yesterday. The observatory would also tie in with ACIV's story and the Crystal Skull. I don't think they dump the whole Sage thing after one game.

As the war against Juno goes on, maybe there is more behind this... The Sage was introduced and in another time period, another Sage could appear.

T0rm3nta777
01-29-2014, 10:19 PM
This might be a really long shot, but with regards to the look to the stars "hint"

Something we learnt in physics, is that you can tell the date/time (both back and forward in time, relative to the observer, and their lat/long) by plotting the course of the stars.
In simple terms, the major constellations stay constant, but the stars "inbetween" them change.

For a practical example. see here: http://neave.com/planetarium/

So, my thoughts are as follows: The devs that had hands on freedom cry, changed the star map, so black flag, if they put "that" much detail into it, would be constellation accurate. Whereas freedom cry, MIGHT not be accurate and might actually point to the next game's time period. or at least give us some sort of number to work from/with.

So if someone would be so kind as to post a screenshot... (no phone camera TV shots PLEEEZE) of the Freedom Cry night sky, that would be amazing.
We know the location (When and where Adewale was rockin out), and we know what it "should" look like. So lets see how far the devs went down the rabbit hole. :)

LoyalACFan
01-29-2014, 10:19 PM
I think China could very well be it, and I had a thought regarding the star hint. Quoting myself yet again:

" There was also this hint, look at the stars, and then I started thinking... What have I read about China that could match up with this? And I came to a conclusion about a landmark that fits right in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_Ancient_Observatory. "

It says it was built in 1442 though. Aren't the Observatories supposed to be hundreds of thousands of years old? They've fudged dates concerning landmarks before, but I don't think they'd change it that much.

Rugterwyper32
01-29-2014, 10:26 PM
It says it was built in 1442 though. Aren't the Observatories supposed to be hundreds of thousands of years old? They've fudged dates concerning landmarks before, but I don't think they'd change it that much.

Check the history part, though. "It was said that in 1227, the Jin Dynasty transferred the ancient astronomical instruments from Kaifeng to the first observatory in Beijing. In 1279, the succeeding Mongols under Kublai Khan built a new observatory just north of the current observatory. After the Mongols, Zhu Yuanzhang, the founding Ming Emperor, transferred the instruments from Beijing to Nanjing. When the Yongle Emperor came to power, he had craftsmen make copies of the instruments in Nanjing and sent them to the Beijing observatory."

Now, 1227 is important, as that's also the year Genghis Khan was killed, and our good friend Altair had a hand in that, returning to Masyaf the following year. Not only that, but I read up on Kaifeng, which existed during the period of the Ten Kingdoms and has a history going back all the way to 364 B.C. where most of it was destroyed, so they could connect something to it.

aL_____eX
01-29-2014, 10:27 PM
Maybe the Beijing observatory was built on the remains of a First Civ "temple", like the Temple of Juno in AC: Brotherhood. Could be a possible explanation. :o

LoyalACFan
01-29-2014, 10:33 PM
Check the history part, though. "It was said that in 1227, the Jin Dynasty transferred the ancient astronomical instruments from Kaifeng to the first observatory in Beijing. In 1279, the succeeding Mongols under Kublai Khan built a new observatory just north of the current observatory. After the Mongols, Zhu Yuanzhang, the founding Ming Emperor, transferred the instruments from Beijing to Nanjing. When the Yongle Emperor came to power, he had craftsmen make copies of the instruments in Nanjing and sent them to the Beijing observatory."

Now, 1227 is important, as that's also the year Genghis Khan was killed, and our good friend Altair had a hand in that, returning to Masyaf the following year. Not only that, but I read up on Kaifeng, which existed during the period of the Ten Kingdoms and has a history going back all the way to 364 B.C. where most of it was destroyed, so they could connect something to it.

Could very well be, then. "Ancient astronomical instruments" = blood vials/crystal skulls, maybe? "Look to the stars" could be a double entendre, suggesting both the astronomical stars (observatory) and perhaps an appearance from an AC star (Altair, Darim, or Qulan Gal?)

SixKeys
01-29-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm almost thinking the devs are just trolling us with all these "hints" and laughing their asses off as they watch us struggle. :p

silvermercy
01-29-2014, 10:54 PM
^ That's what I think, too, now. lol Maybe there are no hints.

T0rm3nta777
01-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Yeah we could just wait 2 months, and get it leaked to us by "THE INTERNET". I do hope ubi puts the A back in triple A title, Cause shadow of mordor is gonna ROCK!

luckyto
01-29-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm almost thinking the devs are just trolling us with all these "hints" and laughing their asses off as they watch us struggle. :p
I think I like your thinking :)

LoyalACFan
01-29-2014, 11:10 PM

They'll come out next month and reveal Assassin's Creed V: The Revenge of Godzio

http://data2.whicdn.com/images/34526944/large.gif

x toxicgrunt x
01-30-2014, 01:41 AM
If you want to see a couple hints you have to hack the abstergo computers and find the sticky notes in the "real world". THESE DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS 100% SYNC. So you can easily miss them and think you have done everything. There are 3 possible locations I see. I dont want to spoil them for you just in case you want to go back and check. But ill give you a hint on the most "solid" guess. It starts with C and ends in Ina.

silvermercy
01-30-2014, 01:46 AM
If you want to see a couple hints you have to hack the abstergo computers and find the sticky notes in the "real world". THESE DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS 100% SYNC. So you can easily miss them and think you have done everything. There are 3 possible locations I see. I dont want to spoil them for you just in case you want to go back and check. But ill give you a hint on the most "solid" guess. It starts with C and ends in Ina.
What do the other two say? (you can use the spoilers tool to hide comments if you want).

Personally, I'm hearing so much about China lately, I'm now convinced it's not China.

x toxicgrunt x
01-30-2014, 01:46 AM
I hope they make a game in ancient Mesopotamia ( the first civilization to settle on one place) . I would love to run around with dual wooden sticks and rocks. That would be great.

TheDanteEX
01-30-2014, 01:58 AM
A few months ago it seemed people were convinced it was Egypt or hoping it was France. Now the majority seems to be in favor of China. I'm on board with Egypt and China. They both sound like fun.

x toxicgrunt x
01-30-2014, 01:59 AM
This spoiler contains some of my "completionist" hints for the next game.

So when I look at some of the hacks I see many hints at too many places to even make a solid prediction. China is already a known possibility so I found 2 more possibility. The first one has to do with mayans. Mayans are all around AC4 and in the hacks. The hacks include Mayan structures that seem to be made by the first civilization (making abstergo go there for their next game). But remember, the time period has to be accessed by a blood line. So my Solid guess is the age of colonization. An assassin who participates (or fights against) the south american indian genocide. I only think this to be more solid than the other numerous guesses because abstergo wants to get in on some of that fresh new world artifacts. My third guess is egypt. I think this because after 2 games of gunpowder, they might want to go back a little. And of course, abstergo wants to look at the pyramids.

ze_topazio
01-30-2014, 02:14 AM

Caterina?

Shahkulu101
01-30-2014, 02:23 AM
Caterina?

But there's already been an Ezio game partly taking place inside Caterina?...

LoyalACFan
01-30-2014, 02:28 AM

ROFL, best post I've seen all day :p

ze_topazio
01-30-2014, 02:28 AM
One more wouldn't hurt.

x toxicgrunt x
01-30-2014, 02:29 AM
I meant China

aL_____eX
01-30-2014, 02:30 AM
"ends in ina"

This sounds so wrong :D :D

silvermercy
01-30-2014, 02:33 AM
*spits out cola drink* rofl

Shahkulu101
01-30-2014, 02:51 AM
One more wouldn't hurt.

It might, if they set it in a more...exotic region.

Consus_E
01-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Personally, I'm hearing so much about China lately, I'm now convinced it's not China.

Out of curiosity how would you feel if it was though? Do you have any problem with the setting, or are you simply skeptical?

Locopells
01-30-2014, 12:20 PM
Considering how long it took to find the John from IT Easter egg in the game files.

Come again?

ze_topazio
01-30-2014, 01:40 PM
It might, if they set it in a more...exotic region.

That would go down in the annals of history.

aL_____eX
01-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Geez...

From AC4 hints at where the next game will take place apparently. POSSIBLE SPOILERS to Exotic sexual practices in Assassin's Creed. :D