PDA

View Full Version : Video Card Problems?

XyZspineZyX
12-26-2003, 06:21 PM
I get the following message on trying to run the game.

Your videocard NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 is not supported.
Your videocard does not support some required features ( MIN_SIMULTANEOUS_TEX_4 ).
Your videocard pixel shader version 0000 is below the minimum requirements.
Your videocard vertex shader version 0000 is below the minimum requirements.

I would like to know if I can play the game without having to upgrade my Video card?

Can any one help?

Yours John

XyZspineZyX
12-26-2003, 06:21 PM
I get the following message on trying to run the game.

Your videocard NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 is not supported.
Your videocard does not support some required features ( MIN_SIMULTANEOUS_TEX_4 ).
Your videocard pixel shader version 0000 is below the minimum requirements.
Your videocard vertex shader version 0000 is below the minimum requirements.

I would like to know if I can play the game without having to upgrade my Video card?

Can any one help?

Yours John

XyZspineZyX
12-26-2003, 06:29 PM
I also get the exact same error messaages except for the very first one. Can someone please help?
Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
12-26-2003, 08:57 PM
Hello everyone. I have a newer computer as well. It's a Dell; Pentium 4, 2.6 GHz, 512mb of ram. My video card is a 64mb NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX. Now, I'm not really a gamer on the PC. I got this game as a gift, and would really like to play it. However, I seem to be getting that common error message that the game cannot run on the video card. So... is my only choice to buy a new video card, or can I get around this problem somehow?

XyZspineZyX
12-27-2003, 07:08 AM
Alright, two things:

1. Read the box: GeForce2 is NOT supported (Must be GeForce 3 or higher). You can try using 3DAnalyzer, but i highly doubt that would work, your card is just too weak for the game. See the link at the bottom to figure out how to work it with 3dAnalyzer.

2. As for the other question (GeForce4 MX) once again - read the box: GeForce4 MX is NOT supported. However, for you there is hope (i own a geforce4 mx and for me the game works!!). Follow the link at the bottom:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR 3DANALYZER:
http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=techsupport&id=zzyse

Hope that helps

-holyman9

XyZspineZyX
12-27-2003, 09:47 AM
Hi Thanks,

I have got POP working using the 3DAnalizer

The only box's I needed to tick were

1. Force Max Pixel Shader version 1.4
&
2. Emulate HW TnL caps

Seems to work ok but still shows a load error

Your John

XyZspineZyX
12-29-2003, 03:18 PM
Hi,

I'm playing the game with my nvidia geforce 4 mx 420.
Just go to the options menu, change shadows and texture ... to off/low.
So I haven't used a 3d analyser. For now, I will download a 3d analyser to look if I can get a nicer gameplay.

bye