PDA

View Full Version : Spoiled my game a bit with the fleet minigame

FatRascal
01-28-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm in an odd quandary.

The Kenway's Fleet minigame app is brilliant, simple fun and the first time that I've ever been convinced of the potential for a mobile app to relate to a console-based game effectively and usefully.

HOWEVER, once I got into it, I was soon making 10-20,000 reales per day with it, and would collect this when I logged onto my Xbox at night to play the main game.

Trouble is, it made it too easy to earn money. Edward's now as rich as Croesus, I've bought all the add-ons for the Inagua hideout, all the artworks, all the available weapons and outfits from the shopkeepers, and as many upgrades to the Jackdaw as I presently can without finding some more of the "Elite" ship plans, and I've got TOO MUCH MONEY.

I'm hoping that as I find the Elite plans, the upgrades there will spend a lot of it, and return the incentive to carry on doing Assassin contracts, plundering Naval / Royal convoys for money etc.

I'm kicking myself because this issue of reaching a tipping point at which you're making more money than you can spend has always been a problem with AC games, in my view, but at first with Black Flag, I felt genuinely challenged to manage my resources a bit more, plunder ships for rum and sugar to sell etc if I wanted to upgrade my ship, and I thought "they've finally got this balance right."

But then I got into the minigame (which of course I could have entirely avoided) and I have the same old problem. :(

I'm half tempted to start again but ignore the minigame totally.

Anybody else felt similarly?

DarthMixer
01-28-2014, 10:45 PM
I'm in the same boat, I have about $1.5K with everything purchased and adding more with each round of Toy Boats. I rarely even look how much money I have at any time, although, I do think my treasure room should be fuller than it is. I'm completing the Contracts mainly to get the items at the end.

If you feel your money bag is too heavy you can always run around town throwing money at people :)

FatRascal
01-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Heh heh. Good idea. Bit of "wealth redistribution."

When you say "treasure room" do you mean the room in the mansion where the Templar Armour is? Do the collectibles you get in the fleet minigame show up here? I've assumed/hoped so.

LoyalACFan
01-28-2014, 11:05 PM
Heh heh. Good idea. Bit of "wealth redistribution."

When you say "treasure room" do you mean the room in the mansion where the Templar Armour is? Do the collectibles you get in the fleet minigame show up here? I've assumed/hoped so.

It's not the room with the armor vault, but your treasures do show up in one of the adjoining rooms. There's a big bookshelf that houses many of them, and you can interact with it to view a list of everything you've collected.

IWGCJoeCool
01-29-2014, 03:33 AM
the pile in the basement will get bigger too, if you pay attention.

also...having a ton of money is not having a ton of cloth, wood, and metal, so you still need to be actively sailing and plundering, those upgrades need material as much as cash on hand.

Dreddpool82
01-29-2014, 07:31 AM
I currently have 189k credits or what ever they are called and a hand ful of ship upgrades to do some will cost 20k so most of my current money will be gone soone.