PDA

View Full Version : New to Online

SpookyRuben
02-01-2004, 02:02 PM
Hi all,

I have just started playing online and I am having a great time, even with a kill/death ratio of about 3:50+. I really enjoy flying with human allies and opponents. I think I'm an okay pilot, I can takeoff, fly and land, my gunnery skills are not to bad, provided I can line up a good shot (not many of those so far unfortunatly), and for the most part I understand the concept of "E", and can pull off some maneuvers. I do have a few questions though.

First off, how many people fly with some sort of voice comm active. Is it a lot, a few, or somewhere in between. I've noticed that many times I could have used the convienence of voice comms to ask distant targets to ID themselves, warn a fellow pilot of incoming attackers, and of course ask for help when I'm in trouble. I've been playing mostly on the Greatergreen server (great server btw) and typing out msgs is not practical in most situations.

Second question. When the enemy is flying low to the ground, how hard is it to spot them. Just wondering if anyone could give me some ideas with respect to altitude and distance. This is really more of a hardware issue, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I was thinking of looking into joining a squadron at some point. Should I continue to hone my skills in open servers before asking around, or is it better to get in with a squadron sooner than later?

Anyway, that's about it for now.

SpookyRuben

SpookyRuben
02-01-2004, 02:02 PM
Hi all,

I have just started playing online and I am having a great time, even with a kill/death ratio of about 3:50+. I really enjoy flying with human allies and opponents. I think I'm an okay pilot, I can takeoff, fly and land, my gunnery skills are not to bad, provided I can line up a good shot (not many of those so far unfortunatly), and for the most part I understand the concept of "E", and can pull off some maneuvers. I do have a few questions though.

First off, how many people fly with some sort of voice comm active. Is it a lot, a few, or somewhere in between. I've noticed that many times I could have used the convienence of voice comms to ask distant targets to ID themselves, warn a fellow pilot of incoming attackers, and of course ask for help when I'm in trouble. I've been playing mostly on the Greatergreen server (great server btw) and typing out msgs is not practical in most situations.

Second question. When the enemy is flying low to the ground, how hard is it to spot them. Just wondering if anyone could give me some ideas with respect to altitude and distance. This is really more of a hardware issue, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I was thinking of looking into joining a squadron at some point. Should I continue to hone my skills in open servers before asking around, or is it better to get in with a squadron sooner than later?

Anyway, that's about it for now.

SpookyRuben

Sturmtrooper
02-01-2004, 02:47 PM
SpookyRuben ,
If you are in a room with some pilots who are part of a squadron , I guarantee you that they will be using voice-comms . All squads pretty much do . It's a definate advantage . I was in a couple of squads and it really helps out when you can warn each other of bogies ,etc..
As far as being ready to join a squad , that's up to you . Many squadrons will take pilots in no matter if they are experienced or not . If you do join a squad , be prepared to put some time into it . Most squads require that you go through some type of training and then you will have to work your way up from there .
The more that you fly online the better you will get , that's for sure . Nothing like going against a human pilot , AI can be predictable at times but not humans . Good to hear that you are having fun . Stick with it !!

Nissan 300ZX V-6,DOHC,Twin Turbocharged,2970cc,300+hp - What I drive .

tsisqua
02-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Just look for me online sometime. Jump into the room, and your kill ratio will show definite improvement. I think that everyone here has shot me down at least once. LOL\\

Welcome

Tsisqua

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/tsisqua-nedChristie.jpg
Tsalagi Asgaya Galvladi