PDA

View Full Version : Next expac? Saving WC

themessy
01-27-2014, 04:08 AM
So I am wondering approximately when the next expansion is going to be released. I have quite a few wild cards but I dont want to waste them if the expansion is fairly close.

I really want to make a Diahmara deck...yeah I cant spell but dont want to if the next expansion is coming out soon and the meta changes.

Should I keep on saving or?

Thanks in advance.

Bazaltovy
01-27-2014, 07:57 AM
There is no tentative release date. Rumors say March will be the month we'll get Base Set 2.

MissiNick
01-27-2014, 11:47 AM
If they do the same as 5T, probably for an epic card of the new expansion you'll need about 40WC, so even sparing, probably you won't be able to have more than 1 or 2 cards by spending WC.

Use them now, if you really want a new deck and you don't feel comfortable to wait 'till March.

planeswalker17
01-27-2014, 01:47 PM
I have a similar dilemma concerning my WCs. I still have a "low level" (29), but would like to use some of my 160 wildcards to build at least 1 competitive deck to play JP and swisses, since i'm a bit bored with my Garant rush.

Thing is, i would hate to spend most of them right now when we seem to have our whole game system revamped in a couple of months, or less, with the possible introduction of the dreaded deck formats (Standard, Legacy, etc) that could render most cards i buy right now useless for those purposes.

It would be awesome if we could get some info about those changes in advance, or at least what are the DEV's thoughts and ideas about implementing sets' rotation, so we could plan ahead. But that's probably just me dreaming :(

Uraxor
01-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Do it, both of you.
The push will allow you to easily farm up new WCs, before the changes land. As is, you'd just drop the game because you worry too much instead of having fun ;)

sir_z
01-27-2014, 10:30 PM
If spending the WC and building a new deck will make the game more fun for the next 2 months, then do it. The more fun you have the more you play, and the more you play the faster your WC build back up.

themessy
01-28-2014, 06:51 AM
If spending the WC and building a new deck will make the game more fun for the next 2 months, then do it. The more fun you have the more you play, and the more you play the faster your WC build back up.

Honestly I am having fun, I have already have a T1 Cassandra, T2 Garant, and T1 Kelthor deck....I play every night and have a blast doing it. I was just wondering if i should blow the WC now or wait...

So if its going to only 2 months I will wait...there is no need for me to make another deck at this time if the next expac will change the meta and I will need those WC to compete!

Thanks for the info.

themessy
01-28-2014, 06:53 AM
I have a similar dilemma concerning my WCs. I still have a "low level" (29), but would like to use some of my 160 wildcards to build at least 1 competitive deck to play JP and swisses, since i'm a bit bored with my Garant rush.

Thing is, i would hate to spend most of them right now when we seem to have our whole game system revamped in a couple of months, or less, with the possible introduction of the dreaded deck formats (Standard, Legacy, etc) that could render most cards i buy right now useless for those purposes.

It would be awesome if we could get some info about those changes in advance, or at least what are the DEV's thoughts and ideas about implementing sets' rotation, so we could plan ahead. But that's probably just me dreaming :(

Dude buy the cards for a Cassandra or a Kelthor ( I recommend Kelthor ) both of those decks are super fun to play and will get you where you want to go in the current meta.