PDA

View Full Version : Which Assassin had the coolest outfit/outfit variation?

TheElderSons
01-27-2014, 12:23 AM
So-which Assassin's outfit, or outfit variation did you like the best? Personally, Altair's Armor from AC2/Brotherhood is THE BEST THING EVUH, with Edward's brown cloak outfit a close second.

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 12:31 AM
Choosing just 2 or 3 is too difficult for me. Most of AC:IV's, Adewale inluded and Ratohnhaketon's robe in ToKW. The developers really did a great job making matching robes for those characters. Coming up next would be Ezio's robes in Revelations. Oh man, they're like something straight out of a Final Fantasy game.

Altair's was too plain for me, and most of Ezio's robes in AC:B looks like something Power Rangers would wear. I mean, they obviously look nice and are clearly detailed, but they just aren't something I enjoy.

SixKeys
01-27-2014, 12:42 AM
Altaïr's original outfit because it was the most subtle. Ezio's Brotherhood robes because they were badass. Achilles' robes in AC3 were great too, wish it would have been the default outfit.

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 12:45 AM
Altaïr's original outfit because it was the most subtle. Ezio's Brotherhood robes because they were badass. Achilles' robes in AC3 were great too, wish it would have been the default outfit.

Achilles had more than one robe? Wait-what?!

SixKeys
01-27-2014, 12:48 AM
Achilles had more than one robe? Wait-what?!

It's the "ultimate armor" you obtain in AC3, Achilles' original robes.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121216073537/assassinscreed/images/7/7d/ACIII-AchillesOutfit.png

adventurewomen
01-27-2014, 12:50 AM
I liked all of Connors outfits, mostly this outfit is my ultimate favourite - DAYUM!! :

http://i.imgur.com/9y5Z84r.jpg

Other Assassin's:

Aveline's - Lady & Assassin outfit with assassin hood. :)

I liked Edward's explorer, default and hunter outfits.

Ezio's Armour of Altair, is the only outfit I liked of his..

Altair's robes were cool thats about it.

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 12:50 AM
Oh, I thought he had an extra robe we can unlock. :(

adventurewomen
01-27-2014, 01:06 AM
Oh, I thought he had an extra robe we can unlock. :(
IKR! I would have loved for an extra robe or another outfit to unlock for Connor! :(

Did you notice Connor's captain outfit the one you can unlock has different details to the one real Captain of The Aquila outfit, the real version of the outfit he wears during missions and cut scenes.. there a slight differences - I've noticed..

I would have liked to used the ToKW outfit in AC3 it would have been awesome!

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-27-2014, 01:22 AM
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/213/f/4/connor_kenway_ac3_updated_by_milance941-d5ss1kh.jpg

I just love the original as well as the Achilles, the Captain one and from TOKW.

adventurewomen
01-27-2014, 01:27 AM
^ Agreed, the Connor Assassin Robes are great as well.. I have the official figurines of Connor that have his Assassin Robes and they look great in an almost life like form! ;)

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 01:28 AM
IKR! I would have loved for an extra robe or another outfit to unlock for Connor! :(

Did you notice Connor's captain outfit the one you can unlock has different details to the one real Captain of The Aquila outfit, the real version of the outfit he wears during missions and cut scenes.. there a slight differences - I've noticed..

I would have liked to used the ToKW outfit in AC3 it would have been awesome!

I'm not surprise. They usually have more than a few character models. I mean, did you notice there are two playable Desmond models?

And not being able to use ToKW's outfit in AC:3 was a huge disappointment for me. I wish the PC versions allowed mods.

Megas_Doux
01-27-2014, 01:28 AM
Edward´s Pirate Captain Outfit.
Altair default robes.
Ezio wetlands ebony dye.
Connor default robes.
Ezio masyaf white dye.

adventurewomen
01-27-2014, 01:41 AM
I'm not surprise. They usually have more than a few character models. I mean, did you notice there are two playable Desmond models?

And not being able to use ToKW's outfit in AC:3 was a huge disappointment for me. I wish the PC versions allowed mods.
Agreed! I noticed those two playable Desmond models, I think that was a glitch!

I wish the same also. :(

SixKeys
01-27-2014, 01:43 AM
Two playable Desmond models? What?

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 01:47 AM
Two playable Desmond models? What?

The Desmond you use in cutscenes, main missions, and the underground cave is the new model. The Desmond you use in the loading screen and the beginning Animus tutorial is an older model with a flatter face.

Megas_Doux
01-27-2014, 01:47 AM
Share that info!!!!
NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Shahkulu101
01-27-2014, 01:50 AM
I love Connor's original robes and Revelations Ezio's robes equally.

Second favourites are Ezio's AC2 robes and the armor or Altair, respectively.

bitebug2003
01-27-2014, 01:53 AM
My favourite is Aveline's outfit http://psvhome.ru/uploads/posts/2012-10/1350579670_8095106304_fac5c47ffb_o.jpg [Large Image] the detail of the shawl around her neck and waist really gives it a finished look

I like the colours on Edward Kenway's Merchant outfit too http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131119063554/assassinscreed/images/3/30/AC4_Merchant_outfit.png not hotlinked

TheDanteEX
01-27-2014, 03:25 AM
I found the best way to compare the two Desmond models is at the beginning of AC3 when Desmond is first put into the Animus, when he's talking with the Assassins inside the white room, the higher resolution model is being used. Then when the game is loading to send you into the colonial times, it switches to the lower resolution model before the transition.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
01-27-2014, 03:40 AM
I've loved a lot of the various outfits...

Altair's Robes are the classic and are great.
In AC2 I enjoyed the default robes but the Armor of Altair was pretty cool.
For Brotherhood, Ezio's robes were amazing. To this day it's my favorite looking outfit when you give it the Seusenhoffer gauntlets, boots, and spaulders (the only armor I really like the look of in any AC). I also really liked the Helmschmied Drachen armor -- I really dug the almost leather look to it. Or not leather but it was definitely made of a different material than the standard robes that Altair, Ezio, or anyone else wears. Armor of Brutus was awesome looking but too top heavy so I rarely used it.
For Revelations... I dug the default robes with Masyaf White. I HATED the armor int his game except for the Azap leather armor but even then, the default is cool IMO. I also didn't like the Armor of Ishak Pasha but the Turkish Assassin Armor was pretty cool. I really dug Altair's robes in this game -- they were updated and looked the best they've ever been. Oh and they actually flowed because wow, who knew that's what robes did... stupid AC3...
AC3 -- I LOVED Connor's Jamestown outfit: I loved the look of the coattails being red instead of blue and I think this is my second favorite outfit, under the Brotherhood robes. Obviously the NY outfit is pretty dope too. I'm actually not a big fan of Achilles' Original Outfit because it looks too plain, idk. Like it's just TOO white from the back. I'm a huge fan of white/red color schemes and I'm sad that AC4 doesn't really have any, the closest is the Explorer outfit and event hat has brown and black all over not to mention it's not easy to get unless the challenge to unlock it comes around but I like the red to break up the white -- Altair has the red sash, Ezio had the red sash which had the two dangly bits on the right side in AC2, Brotherhood had the sash as well as the two flaps on the back that were red, Revelations had a red sash, Connor had red coattail flaps (when dyed), etc. So seeing Achilles' outfit from the back without any red or anything just always looked off to me. It's not a bad outfit just idk. Meh. I also liked being able to use Connor's native outfit but it's not a favorite of mine. I didn;t really like any of the other outfits but his TOKW outfit was AWESOME. I never played the DLC though cause overpriced.
AC4... like I said, Explorer outfit. I really wish the Mayan armor had a hood as I'd use it all the time in that case. Pirate Captain outfit is pretty cool as is the Prviateer though that one seems a bit too dark... Pirate Captain on the other hand looks like a piratey version of the Armor of Altair (similar color scheme). I'm not too fond of any of the Pirate outfits and even the cloaks are meh. I DO think it'd be cool if they had included two unlockable cloaks or have this as part of a DLC but an Assassin Cloak and a Templar Cloak. The Assassin Cloak would be a white cloak with a red Assassin emblem on the back similar to the Pirate cloak's jolly roger. The Templar cloak would be that grayish color that the Templar armor is and have a blood red Templar Cross on the back, again like the Pirate cloak.
AC: Liberation HD: I haven't played it yet but I already know my favorite outfits. I really dig the Assassin outfit with Assassin White and an Assassin hood. (SURPRISE). I also thoroughly enjoy the Pirate Black color. I also really like the look of the special unlockable Assassin outfit that has the voodoo facepaint. I also like the white/red Lasy outfit as well as the default version that's green.

LoyalACFan
01-27-2014, 07:05 AM
Of the default outfits, Connor's is my favorite. It seems so cobbled together from native and colonial influences, but it totally pulls it off somehow.

I also have a soft spot for the Drachen armor. It was silly, but everything about that game was silly, so hey. At least it looked badass.

Aphex_Tim
01-27-2014, 10:34 AM
So far, my favorites are Connor's default outfit and Edward's Explorer outfit. I'm saying so far because Black Flag has such a crap-ton of outfits, I haven't had the chance to try them all yet!
I'm not too fond of most of Ezio's outfits. Apart from his Revelations outfit, they're a bit too over-the-top for my liking. I feel the same about the Armor of Altair from AC2.

frodrigues55
01-27-2014, 10:41 AM
I think the default outfitts fit perfectly to the time/era/feel of each game, so it's hard to say. They do a great job designing them every time. It feels odd and out of place whenever I try to use the previous games' robes on the newer one.

Altair's are my favorite, but for his own game.

aL_____eX
01-27-2014, 11:00 AM
I think Ubisoft did a great job on nearly all outfits. They all fitted the setting and time period very well. I didn't like any sort of colour variation on the default outfits at all (maybe the Masyaf white on Ezio's Revelations robe excluded). Sometimes they just looked ridiculous. Some of the pre-order and special skins were cool, too (except the Brutus armor from AC:B and the Templar armor in ACIV - sooo ugly). Also different types of armor looked badass most of the time (AC:B's Seusenhofer armor), I never had any problems with that.

If I had to choose, I would go for Edward or Connor. Altair was just classic and simple, I really loved the Renaissance period, Ezio looked so mentor-like in Brotherhood and Revelations... Ah... I'm not going to choose any outfit over any other. 9/10 are looking awesome!

dxsxhxcx
01-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Altair (AC1)
Ezio (ACR)
Edward (with the brown cloak) (AC4)
Connor (AC3)

marcbryan
01-27-2014, 01:48 PM
I really liked Connor's default, Achille's original outfit, Ezio's from Revelations, Duncan Walpole's, Altair's default outfit, Aveline's default and Adewele's outfit.

datensystem
01-27-2014, 04:59 PM
Ratohnhakéton ToKW: http://i.imgur.com/9y5Z84r.jpg

Adéwalé: http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140101145848/assassinscreed/images/8/8f/FC_Adewale_render.png

I loved these outfits, and of course the legendary outfit of Ezio.

LoyalACFan
01-27-2014, 05:49 PM
^ I really liked Ade's as well, forgot about him. Although, did anyone else think it looked vaguely Indian somehow? (Indian as in India, not Native American) It doesn't in that concept art above, but in gameplay it does.

SixKeys
01-27-2014, 05:56 PM
Adewale's was cool, definitely fit his character. Not exactly subtle for blending in, but then, the whole point of Freedom Cry was that Ade could never fit in.

LoyalACFan
01-27-2014, 06:04 PM
Adewale's was cool, definitely fit his character. Not exactly subtle for blending in, but then, the whole point of Freedom Cry was that Ade could never fit in.

I did think it was kinda funny that Bastienne instantly recognized him as an Assassin by his hood :p Apparently it's so recognizable even she, as a not-quite Templar, knew exactly what it was. So much for social stealth.

SixKeys
01-27-2014, 06:10 PM
I did think it was kinda funny that Bastienne instantly recognized him as an Assassin by his hood :p Apparently it's so recognizable even she, as a not-quite Templar, knew exactly what it was. So much for social stealth.

Which is exactly why I'm not keen on keeping the hood as a series staple forever. But it seems I'm in the minority. Even in ACB there's some random merchant whose stall gets destroyed by guards and he instantly recognizes Ezio: "Hey, you're an assassin, right? Can you teach those guys a lesson?"

LoyalACFan
01-27-2014, 06:30 PM
Which is exactly why I'm not keen on keeping the hood as a series staple forever. But it seems I'm in the minority. Even in ACB there's some random merchant whose stall gets destroyed by guards and he instantly recognizes Ezio: "Hey, you're an assassin, right? Can you teach those guys a lesson?"

Well that's ACB though, in ACB and especially ACR the Assassins were a freaking street gang :nonchalance: I like the hood, but I also like the contextual feature in AC4 so we're not always just running around town in a random, conspicuous white hood.

Though a manual toggle would be better than a contextual change... :rolleyes:

souNdwAve89
01-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Well that's ACB though, in ACB and especially ACR the Assassins were a freaking street gang :nonchalance: I like the hood, but I also like the contextual feature in AC4 so we're not always just running around town in a random, conspicuous white hood.

Though a manual toggle would be better than a contextual change... :rolleyes:

I laughed a little when the Assassins would put up huge banners with the Assassin insignia whenever you take over a tower in Revelations. I always liked Ezio's Revelations outfit since the game's debut. I cannot imagine Ezio walking around Constantinople in his bright white outfit like the one he wore in Brotherhood. It was a nice change that the Turkish Assassins wore more of a tan or beige color for their outfits and that they didn't always wear their hood.

LoyalACFan
01-27-2014, 09:35 PM
I laughed a little when the Assassins would put up huge banners with the Assassin insignia whenever you take over a tower in Revelations. I always liked Ezio's Revelations outfit since the game's debut. I cannot imagine Ezio walking around Constantinople in his bright white outfit like the one he wore in Brotherhood. It was a nice change that the Turkish Assassins wore more of a tan or beige color for their outfits and that they didn't always wear their hood.

Yeah, I thought Revelations was very aesthetically pleasing in general, minus some crap facial textures and those stupid masks the Ottoman Assassins wore. You know, the ones with no eyeholes?

BATISTABUS
01-27-2014, 09:44 PM
I really like Altair/Connor's standard outfits. I'm definitely a minority on this, but I really like the Armor of Brutus as well.

LoyalACFan
01-27-2014, 09:50 PM
I really like Altair/Connor's standard outfits. I'm definitely a minority on this, but I really like the Armor of Brutus as well.

It's cool for just straight-up fighting sequences with no stealth, but I did the final Romulus lair mission (the one where you have to blend with cardinals in the cathedral) wearing that suit, and I was facepalming harder than ever before when the guards took no notice of a man wearing metal plate armor with an eagle statuette on the shoulder, a wolf-pelt shawl, and a Superman cape was casually strolling amongst the cardinals they were tasked with defending. Of course, that mission's pretty facepalm-y even without the Brutus armor, but you catch my drift.

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 09:53 PM
It's cool for just straight-up fighting sequences with no stealth, but I did the final Romulus lair mission (the one where you have to blend with cardinals in the cathedral) wearing that suit, and I was facepalming harder than ever before when the guards took no notice of a man wearing metal plate armor with an eagle statuette on the shoulder, a wolf-pelt shawl, and a Superman cape was casually strolling amongst the cardinals they were tasked with defending. Of course, that mission's pretty facepalm-y even without the Brutus armor, but you catch my drift.

That's the majority of AC:B and AC:R, for ya.