PDA

View Full Version : Most Memorable/Best Assassinations throughout the series

Bozosaurus76
01-26-2014, 10:58 PM
I suppose we could start a discussion on the best assassination missions/sequences or even moments you all have experienced in the series.

My top 3:

Ezio killing Uberto Alberti (so much emotion)
Connor killing Charles Lee
Adewale killing the French Governor (all the pain and suffering is transferred unto the governor, karma I suppose)

AdamPearce
01-26-2014, 11:09 PM
AC

Garnier de Napelouse
Talal
Abu'l Nouqoud
William of Montferrat
Madj-Addin
Sibrand
Jubair
Maria
Robert de Sable
Al-Mualim

ACII

Uberto Alberti
Francesco de Pazzi
Carlo Grimaldi
Marco Barbarigo
Savonarola
Rodriguo Borgia

ACB

Cesare

ACR

hmm...Shakulu ?

AC3

Pitcairn
Benjamin Church
Biddle
Haytham
Lee

Black Flag

Roberts

So yeah...

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2014, 11:09 PM
Connor killing Haytham /&/ All of his kills, TBH -- ''Surrender, and I'll let you live'' I love that line. :)

LoyalACFan
01-26-2014, 11:11 PM
Sibrand is still my favorite. I kinda sucked at AC back then, and he was the first one on whom I managed to pull off a perfect stealth assassination on the first try. Hopping from boat to boat across the harbor to reach him was incredibly satisfying. Still today, after all these years, there's a notion ingrained deep in my psyche that "Hitting water in AC = Bad."

Although I must admit, Laurens Prins was pretty great too. For one, the first time I played it I was like "what is this? An open-ended assassination that doesn't tell me how to kill my target? COULD IT BE?" But the mission itself was really fun, and his death speech was the best one in AC4. Showed how badly wrong Edward's money-first philosophy could go.

Shahkulu101
01-26-2014, 11:15 PM
AC

Garnier de Napelouse
Talal
Abu'l Nouqoud
William of Montferrat
Madj-Addin
Sibrand
Jubair
Maria
Robert de Sable
Al-Mualim

ACII

Uberto Alberti
Francesco de Pazzi
Carlo Grimaldi
Marco Barbarigo
Savonarola
Rodriguo Borgia

ACB

Cesare

ACR

hmm...Shakulu ?

AC3

Pitcairn
Benjamin Church
Biddle
Haytham
Lee

Black Flag

Roberts

So yeah...

Are you implying ACIVs assassination missions were minimal, even though it had the most open-ended ones in the series?

M'kay. It's clear you just go out of your way to discredit ACIV cause it's 'pyrite gamez nat AC'.

Megas_Doux
01-26-2014, 11:27 PM
My list is about actual non scripted assassinations, the ones in which you can choose how to kill your target. That means some I love like Robert De Sable at Arsuf, Al Mualim, Haytham and my all time favorite memory, killing Cesare, are NOT included:

William of Montferrat! I love the fact you have to infiltrate that huge stone citadel.
Abu, The merchant king of Damascus! With that uber awesome track of Meditation begins, in the background.
Emilio Barbarigo, the guy at the italian palazzo, pretty similar to that of William of Montferrat.
Juan Borgia, the fat guy at the roman party.
John Pitcairn.
Julien du Casse, Pretty good how you leave your ship, climb the cliff, traverse the jungle, reach the galleon and kill the guy.
Laurens Prins, the rich slaver in Kingston.

roostersrule2
01-26-2014, 11:28 PM
AC1:

Garnier de Napelouse- It was just sickening, the man was so creepy and everything about him just made me want to kill him, so I did.

AC2:

Uberto Alberti- I think it's the only time any of the Assassins have actually enjoyed killing someone, there really was so much emotion.

ACB:

Micheletto- Wasn't that great but it was fun to jump around the Colosseum.

ACR:

Tarik- A nice stealth mission followed by an unexpected death speech.

AC3:

Haytham- One of the series best tbh, the death speech was awesome, but Haytham died and Connor lived, that's a negative.

AC4:

Julien Du Casse- An open ended Assassination with cool scenery, 'twas pretty badass too.

Bozosaurus76
01-26-2014, 11:30 PM
Personally, the reason why I couldn't get very invested into assassinating the characters in AC1 was that there was really no story leading up to the characters we were killing and the story was so linear. Al-Mualim tells us to kill so and so person with so and so occupation, however they aren't built up very much and the assassin has no real motive for killing them other than Al-Mualim told me so

TheElderSons
01-26-2014, 11:35 PM
"The assassin"? You dislike Altair so much you now refer to him as only "the assassin"? Tho, TBH, Altair had more or less the same personality as Connor. Both were stoic. But for some reason, it's Ezio and Edward, the witty playboys, that everyone loves. >.<

roostersrule2
01-26-2014, 11:37 PM
Personally, the reason why I couldn't get very invested into assassinating the characters in AC1 was that there was really no story leading up to the characters we were killing and the story was so linear. Al-Mualim tells us to kill so and so person with so and so occupation, however they aren't built up very much and the assassin has no real motive for killing them other than Al-Mualim told me soThe motive was to build yourself up from a novice back to your former rank of Master Assassin, also because they were against the assassin ideals.

The story for the characters comes after you kill them, they explain what they were doing and why they were doing it. As for it having a linear story, all AC's have linear stories. AC1 was the least linear in terms of gameplay.

roostersrule2
01-26-2014, 11:39 PM
"The assassin"? You dislike Altair so much you now refer to him as only "the assassin"? Tho, TBH, Altair had more or less the same personality as Connor. Both were stoic. But for some reason, it's Ezio and Edward, the witty playboys, that everyone loves. >.<Altair and Connor aren't even close to the same?

Altair was a complete badass, his arrogance made him double badass.

Connor was a complete bore, his whining mad him double boring.

TheElderSons
01-26-2014, 11:44 PM
Altair and Connor aren't even close to the same?

Altair was a complete badass, his arrogance made him double badass.

Connor was a complete bore, his whining mad him double boring.

I....what? Altair's personality was 60% arrogance, 40% Hidden Blade. Sorry, but Connor wins in terms of personality.

roostersrule2
01-26-2014, 11:52 PM
I....what? Altair's personality was 60% arrogance, 40% Hidden Blade. Sorry, but Connor wins in terms of personality.I was kidding but what? No way.

Connor can be as arrogant as Altair at times, especially when talking to Achilles and because he's just so stupid and naive it makes him look like a ******.

Megas_Doux
01-26-2014, 11:57 PM
No!!!!!!!!!!

Not this "Connor, Ezio blah blah blah" argument......

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2014, 11:59 PM
No!!!!!!!!!!

Not this "Connor, Ezio blah blah blah" argument......

Who said anything about Ezio? Oh wait...

TheElderSons
01-27-2014, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I'm not continuing this argument. Now, best assassination, hands-down, is Haytham. SO MANY FEELS.

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I'm not continuing this argument. Now, best assassination, hands-down, is Haytham. SO MANY FEELS.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2d7tzlu.gif
DEM FEELS, BRAH

Kaschra
01-27-2014, 12:07 AM

Haytham's speech yes, that was great.
The assassination itself? Simply crap.

roostersrule2
01-27-2014, 12:12 AM
The assassination itself? Simply crap.Although I didn't hate the assassination, I'm inclined to agree. It was basically a QTE.

LoyalACFan
01-27-2014, 12:13 AM
The assassination itself? Simply crap.

Indeed. That's basically AC3 in a nutshell though. Great Templars, great death speeches, absolutely terrible assassinations.

AdamPearce
01-27-2014, 12:15 AM
Are you implying ACIVs assassination missions were minimal, even though it had the most open-ended ones in the series?

M'kay. It's clear you just go out of your way to discredit ACIV cause it's 'pyrite gamez nat AC'.

I'm implying the Assasination weren't as memorable as the one below because they either had a really bad realisation (white room speech) or were just not has satisfaying, jeez, calm the f down.

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 12:20 AM
Indeed. That's basically AC3 in a nutshell though. Great Templars, great death speeches, absolutely terrible assassinations.

Amen to that.

The amount of arguments today is unsettling. Let's keep it at a minimum guys.

SixKeys
01-27-2014, 12:20 AM
"The assassin"? You dislike Altair so much you now refer to him as only "the assassin"? Tho, TBH, Altair had more or less the same personality as Connor. Both were stoic. But for some reason, it's Ezio and Edward, the witty playboys, that everyone loves. >.<

Alta´r was arrogant, cold and only focused on himself. He started off as little more than a soldier carrying out his superior's orders without really questioning them. Only in the later stages did be begin questioning Al Mualim's authority.
Connor, on the other hand, was quite warm and social among friends, if a little awkward. He and Achilles were always butting heads, so he wasn't just blindly following orders. Throughout his entire life Connor was focused on social justice, unlike Alta´r who was focused on glory for his order. So no, they're not very similar at all.

Back on topic:

AC1:

Abul Nu'quod: Love the chaos that ensues after he announces the wine is poisoned. All those people running around like headless chickens makes it so much more exciting to make my way to that balcony and high-profile assassinate him.

Garnier: The doctor is just so creepy. The scene where he coldly tells the guards the break the patient's legs is chilling. I love hiding among the monks while he's making his rounds and striking like a true blade in the crowd.

Sibrand: My favorite mission in the game. I especially like the post-assassination dialogue.

AC2:

Antonio Maffei: Love criss-crossing around those towers while trying to get rid of all the archers steathily.

Emilio Barbarigo: Best of the "grand landmark" assassinations. So many different ways to approach the mission. Especially since it's on a subtle timer.

ACB:

Juan Borgia: One of the more challenging missions if you want to do everything by the book. The roofs are well-guarded and getting a bench kill requires some planning.

Cesare Borgia: A perfect mix of action and stealth IMO. The dramatic, war-torn landscape with that blood-red sky, the blood-pumping music, and freedom to either stealth your way to Cesare or kill everything in your path.

ACR:

Tarik: The only assassination I enjoyed in this game. I like wearing disguises, but it's not foolproof so you still have to be careful. There are also many ways to approach the situation. Air-assassination seems silly in context, so I usually try to infiltrate my way into the inner circle of guards.

AC4:

Laurens Prins. I love going through the manor and assassinating guards from behind doors.

Julian DuCasse: I just love Great Inagua, TBF. The assassination itself isn't that memorable, but the journey there is breathtaking.

AdamPearce
01-27-2014, 12:35 AM
So I'm listening to AC1's target's speeches all over again and, oh-my-god it is superior by far to everything done till' know !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVZqe6_H2Wo&list=PLA3129ECA3DB5D02A

SixKeys
01-27-2014, 12:44 AM
Yep. AC1's dialogue in general has not been surpassed by any of its sequels.

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 12:47 AM
So I'm listening to AC1's target's speeches all over again and, oh-my-god it is superior by far to everything done till' know !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVZqe6_H2Wo&list=PLA3129ECA3DB5D02A

If the forums had a like button. ...Oh golly. :D

Black_Widow9
01-27-2014, 12:48 AM
They were the best assassinations in my opinion.

Shahkulu101
01-27-2014, 12:51 AM
Hickey and Church have my favorite death speeches. Church's is rational, factual and completely dissects Connor's petty idealism and his skewed motives. Hickey is basic and appears simply stupid, but he's right. Connor's heroic attempts are futile, whereas Hickey can live and enjoy life - he's a scumbag with no morals but he's got money, respect and contentment - what more could a man ask for?

That said, AC1 had the best death speeches and assassinations.

SixKeys
01-27-2014, 12:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9dFytS46eQ&amp;list=PLA3129ECA3DB5D02A&amp;index= 2

Dangit, now I want to play AC1 again.

Megas_Doux
01-27-2014, 12:59 AM

AC III┤s may be.

Mostly the Haytham death speech.

SixKeys
01-27-2014, 01:06 AM
AC III┤s may be.

It was good from a character POV, but I liked AC1's because they made you think. Haytham had better discussions with Connor before his death scene.

frodrigues55
01-27-2014, 01:28 AM
AC1 and 3's are the best IMO, their speeches are powerfull.

AC2's are pretty emotionals and memorable in their own way.

AC4's are the weakest IMO.

I enjoyed playing the sequences where you kill Lauren and Julien, those were very good.... but all of the speeches were quite empty and simplistic in a bad way, like they are there just because it's the tradition.

Plus, that black screen that replaced the Animus effect is probably the worst ideia of the game, I simply can't understand how they came up with that. It comes way too soon and is way too fast, like you didn't even finish the assassination and BAM, dialogue out of the blue.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-27-2014, 01:28 AM
I....what? Altair's personality was 60% arrogance, 40% Hidden Blade. Sorry, but Connor wins in terms of personality.

Connor did have a personality. It just didn't show as much as the previous assassins, but you'd be hiding your personality too if you had a hard time growing up, trusting people, etc.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-27-2014, 01:29 AM
AC1 and 3's are the best IMO, their speeches are powerfull.

AC2's are pretty emotionals and memorable in their own way.

I second that!

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 01:37 AM
Connor did have a personality. It just didn't show as much as the previous assassins, but you'd be hiding your personality too if you had a hard time growing up, trusting people, etc.

I don't know why personality is a problem with his character. Connor have shown more variety of expressions and moods than the previous three in only 6 sequences. Sure, by the end he was mostly grouchy and serious, but throughout the entire game, from child to adult, he was always expressive despite his background. Especially in the Homestead Missions.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-27-2014, 01:46 AM
I don't know why personality is a problem with his character. Connor have shown more variety of expressions and moods than the previous three in only 6 sequences. Sure, by the end he was mostly grouchy and serious, but throughout the entire game, from child to adult, he was always expressive despite his background. Especially in the Homestead Missions.

ESPECIALLY in the homestead missions. I guess people didn't think it was enough only showing his real emotions there...

adventurewomen
01-27-2014, 02:25 AM
ESPECIALLY in the homestead missions. I guess people didn't think it was enough only showing his real emotions there...
Indeed! There's a whole lot of what's unsaid in Connor's body language, moment and expressions. I noticed this a lot when Prudence was about to give birth.. Connor's expressions and body language at that moment that he's contemplating his own future (of course he's worried for her and Warren but he may be looking towards his own future..).. for example he may have been thinking when will he find someone he loves and eventually have a family with..That's the impression I'm getting, maybe I'm looking too much into it..

I've noticed this a lot the things that Connor doesn't say but you can easily tell from his face what he maybe thinking.. this is proves that Noah is a great actor. What is unsaid is just as important than what is said.

Shahkulu101
01-27-2014, 02:26 AM

Too bad the majority of the cutscenes were directed horribly. With horribly robotic movements and poor voice acting - ashame, since the ones that were done well like Myriam's wedding party were great and had an impact.

AdamPearce
01-27-2014, 03:09 AM
AC III┤s may be.

Nope, Haytham's speech is the level of the Traitor's speech in AC1, and I am very serious about that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vOWCLn-jXI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NynYJyMEnIY

nope, bs, Traitor's was better.

IWGCJoeCool
01-27-2014, 03:14 AM
Indeed! There's a whole lot of what's unsaid in Connor's body language, moment and expressions. I noticed this a lot when Prudence was about to give birth.. Connor's expressions and body language at that moment that he's contemplating his own future (of course he's worried for her and Warren but he may be looking towards his own future..).. for example he may have been thinking when will he find someone he loves and eventually have a family with..That's the impression I'm getting, maybe I'm looking too much into it..

I've noticed this a lot the things that Connor doesn't say but you can easily tell from his face what he maybe thinking.. this is proves that Noah is a great actor. What is unsaid is just as important than what is said.

indeed X2, and i always thought Connor behaved in character, which to me was "stoic", which might be a racist type of view of Native Americans, but i thought it was authentic in the setting. from what i've read myself, while Native American's might seem primitive to European whites of the time, they were way ahead in world view and spirituality, and abilities to live in the world without trying to bend it to their will. in that frame they were advanced. thus, they tended to take things at face value, unsuspecting of subterfuge. Connor was done well.

if anything in IV, Edward seemed to flipflop between his base instincts and nobilty of mind and spirit, but we were warned prerelease that his allegiance and conversion to the Assassins and any Creed was uneasy. in that, maybe it could have been written better.

anyway, 3 months with the new game and i'm still playing. Naval is just fun, and something not anywhere else, plus an excuse to checkout for new Community stuff to do. now, i'm replaying some Main Mission stuff, just to do it better or different....putting off a fresh replay long enough to maybe have some surprises again.

sorry to keep it wondering away from topic, and i do somehow miss the closure from AC1, the speeches and the feather ritual, which in the first game seemed so key and vital, iconic, that i was surprised it wasnt maintained. all the conversations with Al Maulim, including the death scene, were great as a whole.

JC

PedroAntonio2
01-27-2014, 04:58 PM
ACI - Sibrand. his speech to Alta´r in the Animus Corridor Room is just epic
ACII - Uberto, Carlo Grimaldi and Marco Barbarigo
ACB - Infiltrating Sant' Angelo. I know it isn't an Assassination Mission, but an infiltration one, but basicly you infiltrate the place to kill Rodrigo and Cesare.
ACR - I forgot his name, it's the Assassination where you need to infiltrate a camp while using an enemie armor.
ACIII - William Johnson and Charles Lee.
ACIV - That slaver in Kingston, it's a great stealth mission...you need to cross the entire farm just to get to his mansion.

PedroAntonio2
01-27-2014, 05:12 PM
ACII may don't have the ambiguity speeches. But I simply love the things say to his targets.

Marco : It's too soon, I'm not ready
Ezio : We rarely are...

Ezio : I do this not for myself

Ezio : Do not fear death...but embrace it as an old friend.

ACIV death speeches are too empty. Only Torres death was great, the rest was just '' THE TEMPLA ARE GOOD, BECAUSE WE WANT PEACE.'' and just that.

SixKeys
01-27-2014, 06:03 PM
ACIV death speeches are too empty. Only Torres death was great, the rest was just '' THE TEMPLA ARE GOOD, BECAUSE WE WANT PEACE.'' and just that.

I agree that most of AC4's speeches were not memorable. TBH Edward doesn't seem like the kind of person who would care to listen to a dying man's words anyway, he should have been all dismissive like "yeah whatever, are you done yet?". I liked his attitude in the Templar hunt missions where all he cared about was getting the key.

I did like the Laurens Prins exchange, because it was a good reflection of where Edward's greed could lead him if he wasn't careful.

jayjay275
01-27-2014, 06:10 PM
I hate Assassin's Creed.

TheArcaneEagle
01-27-2014, 06:12 PM
ACII - Definitely Uberto's Assassination, his death was satisfying, knowing that the man behind the Auditore Hanging was dead. His death branched opened others leading to a bigger conspiracy - The Templars.

Brotherhood - Juan Borgia, in that party in Rome was so lively and memorable, especially killing him on the bench.

Revelations - Shahkulu, in Cappadocia. Just when you think you've killed him, he gets back up and initiates a combat sequence and then when you finally beat him, you know he's dead.

AC3 - John Pitcairn on Moultan Hill during the Battle of Bunker Hill. Assassinating him like in the trailer (although extremely difficult to pull off) and then him aggressively justifying his actions to Connor.

ACIVBF - Julien Du Casse, on top of the Spanish Galleon in Great Inagua, when Edward taunts him for killing him with the hidden blade that he provided was a blissful irony. That mission was awesome anyway.

LoyalACFan
01-27-2014, 06:26 PM
ACII may don't have the ambiguity speeches. But I simply love the things say to his targets.

Marco : It's too soon, I'm not ready
Ezio : We rarely are...

Ezio : I do this not for myself

Ezio : Do not fear death...but embrace it as an old friend.

I agree, I liked AC2's death speeches. AC1's were great, but I think they kind of dragged on too long in certain cases. I mean, I just stabbed you in the neck, I don't want to sit here and listen to an oral recitation of your freaking manifesto. The targets in AC2 were so evil they were boring, but the death speeches really showcased Ezio's development from "f*** you Templar scum" to a less impassioned, dutiful demeanor.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-27-2014, 06:40 PM
Oh, how can we forget Hickey's speech? Although he didn't care about Connor's cause or the Templars and showed no regret, his last words were so profound:

"Thing is, boy, I can have what I seek. Had it, even. You? Your hands will always be empty."

Sends chills down my spine every time...

BATISTABUS
01-27-2014, 06:57 PM
AC1 and AC3* had the best Assassinations BY FAR. By like...so much that it's kind of upsetting. They were amazing.

Uberto was up there as well.

*(In the case of AC3, I'm talking about White Room speeches, not mission design)

PedroAntonio2
01-27-2014, 07:12 PM
The only ACIV speech that was memorable was Torres. When he says '' You have no family, no friends...NO FUTURE! You wear your convictions well....they suit you. ''.

PedroAntonio2
01-27-2014, 07:18 PM
ACB speeches were kind of empty, ACR as well.

The problem with ACI speeches was that Alta´r always said the same thing '' You say this to hide your evil deeds! I don't care what you said, what are you doing is pure evil!'', while the Templars said great things. ACII speeches had great lines from Ezio, but the Templars were always asking for mercy or being ******bags ( ''Were you hoping for a confession ? '' ), Ezio saying '' No...killing you won't bring my family back. I'm done...Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted. Requiescat in pace. '' was epic.

ACB only had '' Then I leave you at the hands of fate!''.

marcbryan
01-27-2014, 07:46 PM

Haha. They're also not Middle Eastern and Native American. Maybe there's a pattern?

The Rodrigo Borgia assassination would have been cool if they hadn't made him not die after jumping 50+ feet on the guy. Lame ending.

Sabuto78
01-27-2014, 08:31 PM
AC2- Air Assassinating the pope obviously.

AC Brotherhood- Cesare Borgia.

Ac Revelations- Shakul and Bald guy in the Beginning that comeback

AC3- they were all lame lol. But i guess id go with pitcan just for the journey to reach him. Haythem too i guess. Thou Ubisoft made him go out of character giving that long *** speech.

AC4- annoying *** charles vayne lol, Torres, that speech Edward gave him was hella deep best any of the assassins gave so far imo.

BATISTABUS
01-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Haythem too i guess. Thou Ubisoft made him go out of character giving that long *** speech.
How was that out of character? The battle between Connor and Haytham is not just life vs death or enemy vs enemy...it's an ideological battle above all.

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Torres, that speech Edward gave him was hella deep best any of the assassins gave so far imo.

I dunno. He was basically reciting the same speech that the past 5 games have already done.