PDA

View Full Version : Is Connor a Mentor?

TheElderSons
01-26-2014, 08:47 AM
At the end of AC3, I was left confused about something- was Connor Mentor of the Colonial Assassins now? After all, Achilles is dead and Connor is the only Master Assassin in the Colonies. By rights, Connor is leader of the 'Murican Assassins, correct?

roostersrule2
01-26-2014, 09:24 AM
Probably, it's why the Modern American Assassins are in shambles, he installed some new rules.

silvermercy
01-26-2014, 11:27 AM
No, I didn't get such an impression. It's indeed very likely he became one but I didn't get this clearly from the game.

Probably, it's why the Modern American Assassins are in shambles, he installed some new rules.
I didn't get this impression either. The American assassins were in shambles before Connor's time. Any rules he may have installed would be to undo the damage caused (looking at you Edward).

Shahkulu101
01-26-2014, 11:35 AM
No, I didn't get such an impression. It's indeed very likely he became one but I didn't get this clearly from the game.

I didn't get this impression either. The American assassins were in shambles before Connor's time. Any rules he may have installed would be to undo the damage caused (looking at you Edward).

Edward's alcoholism rubbed of onto other Assassin's and they all went to rehab, most never returned. Those who remained turned to drugs.

And then Mr Haytham Kenway was born.

silvermercy
01-26-2014, 11:45 AM
loool They would have AAA meetings. Assassin Alcoholics Anonymous. (They'd all be wearing hoods in the meetings of course).

Shahkulu101
01-26-2014, 12:01 PM
loool They would have AAA meetings. Assassin Alcoholics Anonymous. (They'd all be wearing hoods in the meetings of course).

"My name is Desmond Miles, and I am an Assass - I mean alcoholic!"

Edward: "Connor, you going to speak lad??"

Connor: "What would you have me do?"

Ezio: "Wait. I will. When I was young, I had liberty, but I did not see it..."

Altair: "There he goes again - I had it the hardest you know. You all know Abbas, EH?!

Haytham: "Oh curses. Crack a beer open Charles, I can't handle this lot any longer."

Lee: "Ah, with pleasure my lov - er leader."

DinoSteve1
01-26-2014, 12:04 PM
lol, no to be a mentor would mean he would have to be a leader and to be a leader you need a personality.

Shahkulu101
01-26-2014, 12:08 PM
lol, no to be a mentor would mean he would have to be a leader and to be a leader you need a personality.

Shut up. You're annoying.

FreeKnowledge
01-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Achilles is dead ,when he died the last american mentor died.who would Connor go to for guidance, what other assassin's could he find in the world,where would he start looking for them?no if anything Connor might have started his own order, but knowing him at the end he wanted no part of it.probably just walked off in to the sunset and didn't look back,he didn't care enuff for the order to look back.

silvermercy
01-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Shut up. You're annoying.
Agreed.

ze_topazio
01-26-2014, 02:09 PM
At the end of AC3 he's only a master, later he might have become a mentor, but that depends if you consider "mentor" the title of the regional leader of the order or a title of wisdom and experience.

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2014, 02:51 PM
There isn't a better candidate than Connor so most likely.

HiddenKiller612
01-26-2014, 03:01 PM
There isn't a better candidate than Connor so most likely.
Probably because there's like 3 other assassin's :P.

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2014, 03:13 PM
Probably because there's like 3 other assassin's :P.
Morality and experience, included. Connor is one of the few assassins that have been severely antagonized. He's conscious of his faults and contradictions. That there is no end to Liberation. And yet he is still a capable Assassin that refuse to give up, despite all of AC:3. I can't really think of a better candidate other than Altair.

HiddenKiller612
01-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Morality and experience, included. Connor is one of the few assassins that have been severely antagonized. He's conscious of his faults and contradictions. That there is no end to Liberation. And yet he is still a capable Assassin that refuse to give up, despite all of AC:3. I can't really think of a better candidate other than Altair.
He's impulsive, quick to anger, lashes out against those close to him, unapologetic, naive, and still very young. If he had one more game of developing his character, he might have a chance of becoming a mentor. As it stands now, he is no mentor.

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2014, 03:31 PM
He's impulsive, quick to anger, lashes out against those close to him, unapologetic, naive, and still very young. If he had one more game of developing his character, he might have a chance of becoming a mentor. As it stands now, he is no mentor.

As I see it, he's still capable of teaching despite his personality flaws. He has the experience and the knowledge. We weren't able to see his developed character by the end epilogue, but there's enough indication that he's not the same Connor that slide Johnson's throat. It doesn't need have to be a game, but the fans do deserve some sort of conclusion to his character. No Ubs, Liberation HD's demo doesn't count.

HiddenKiller612
01-26-2014, 03:35 PM
As I see it, he's still capable of teaching despite his personality flaws. He has the experience and the knowledge. We weren't able to see his developed character by the end epilogue, but there's enough indication that he's not the same Connor that slide Johnson's throat. It doesn't need have to be a game, but the fans do deserve some sort of conclusion to his character. No Ubs, Liberation HD's demo doesn't count.
He doesn't really have experience, he has training... Training most assassin recruits get. It took Ezio 30 years to become a Mentor, I don't see Connor becoming one in the little time he's been an assassin. I like Connor, think he's a decent enough Assassin, but he just doesn't have what it takes, not yet anyway. Not evey Assassin is going to become a mentor.

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2014, 03:51 PM
He doesn't really have experience, he has training... Training most assassin recruits get. It took Ezio 30 years to become a Mentor, I don't see Connor becoming one in the little time he's been an assassin. I like Connor, think he's a decent enough Assassin, but he just doesn't have what it takes, not yet anyway. Not evey Assassin is going to become a mentor.

Connor was able to single handedly exterminate the Templar cast in AC:3. If that's a walk in the park for most Assassin recruits, they wouldn't be so scarce. He definitely has the experience and he've also shown promising potential with his recruits, including his integrity to the order. But I do understand your point of view. Connor isn't at the mentor level yet and not every ancestor have to become a mentor.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-26-2014, 05:12 PM
I'm sure that he became a mentor later in his life. He had his own band of Assassins and definitely had a lot of responsibility near the end of AC3: he had a homestead to take care of, had some part in taking care of the economy, and several Assassin recruits of his own. I believe Connor definitely matured near the end because he realized that he was only one man that tried to stop everything he could, but it was going to take some time. You may think his personality is flawed, but you have to understand that he had a rough time growing up: mother dying, village burned, assaulted, broken trust, etc., so it is normal for someone to keep their emotions/personality under robes because he didn't know who to trust anymore. The only emotions that seemed to leak through a lot was anger and naiveté, but he did have a heart and thats what matters. Need I mention how kind he was to his friends on the Homestead?

Very ambitious man and that's one of the things I highly admired about him. I'm sure we were all like that at a point in time where we would stop at nothing to get something done, but were left disappointed in the end. This is why Ubisoft can't leave him like this. He's too good of a character to be let go like that. They're not known for introducing a great new character and not bringing him back. I really hope they surprised us with something in the future… He's too good of a character to go to waste :)

HiddenKiller612
01-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Connor was able to single handedly exterminate the Templar cast in AC:3. If that's a walk in the park for most Assassin recruits, they wouldn't be so scarce. He definitely has the experience and he've also shown promising potential with his recruits, including his integrity to the order. But I do understand your point of view. Connor isn't at the mentor level yet and not every ancestor have to become a mentor.
Altair did the same, Ezio did as well, so did Edward, and Aveline. We've always played exceptional assassins. Exceptional in that they had skill, but not all had wisdom. Or at least, not all gained that wisdom. Only Altair, and Ezio have thus far... and as I pointed out... it took them quite some time to attain it. I also don't believe we'll see a mentor assassin for a while... Though I could be wrong... Each assassin has the potential to be a mentor, though not all will reach it.

Hans684
01-26-2014, 05:34 PM
He ca be given the title Mentor by his recruits after Achilles died and the Colonial Templars are dead.

He can be the De facto Mentor since he is Achilles only recruit at the time.

Work for the title by continue to hunt Templars and do other assassin business.

Rebuilt the Brootherhood it's former strength, then earn the title.

4 of many possibilities.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-26-2014, 05:37 PM
He ca be given the title Mentor by his recruits after Achilles died and the Colonial Templars are dead.

He can be the De facto Mentor since he is Achilles only recruit at the time.

Work for the title by continue to hunt Templars and do other assassin business.

Rebuilt the Brootherhood it's former strength, then earn the title.

4 of many possibilities.

And all makes sense to me.

HiddenKiller612
01-26-2014, 05:44 PM
And all makes sense to me.
1. Would be simply a title only.... we wouldn't actually earn it
2. Same as 1.
3 and 4 combined would be the only true way he'd become a mentor.

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Altair did the same, Ezio did as well, so did Edward, and Aveline. We've always played exceptional assassins. Exceptional in that they had skill, but not all had wisdom. Or at least, not all gained that wisdom. Only Altair, and Ezio have thus far... and as I pointed out... it took them quite some time to attain it. I also don't believe we'll see a mentor assassin for a while... Though I could be wrong... Each assassin has the potential to be a mentor, though not all will reach it.

I hope you are damn right. The series need to head towards the direction of the Kenways'. Less cliche, less cartoony, and less over-fabricated protagonist.

SixKeys
01-26-2014, 06:40 PM
The Aveline DLC in AC4 seemed to imply as much. Aveline was tasked with bringing someone safely to Connor for training. If he wasn't a mentor at that point, I don't see why he would care about training more assassins.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-26-2014, 06:42 PM
I hope you are damn right. The series need to head towards the direction of the Kenways'. Less cliche, less cartoony, and less over-fabricated protagonist.

The Aveline DLC in AC4 seemed to imply as much. Aveline was tasked with bringing someone safely to Connor for training. If he wasn't a mentor at that point, I don't see why he would care about training more assassins.

Agreed and agreed. :)

LoyalACFan
01-26-2014, 06:42 PM
TBH I never really understood the criteria for becoming a Mentor. Ezio just sort of skipped over the Master Assassin step and became Mentor just because... well, he'd been doing a good job? Machiavelli just kinda said "here, 'gratz Ezio, I'm making you Mentor now, even though LoyalACFan is pretty sure you're way older and more experienced than me and you were the obvious choice to succeed Mario, not me."

So... Connor will never be a Mentor until Stephane grants him that privilege. Or something, I don't friggin know.

adventurewomen
01-26-2014, 09:29 PM
Connor would most likely be a Master Assassin of The American Brotherhood after AC3, he rebuilt the American Brotherhood. :)

We see evidence of this in the AC4 Aveline DLC, the message that Connor sent to Aveline.

Mentor role to the Assassin order is a role left for an older much more experienced assassin, around the age of 50..

SixKeys
01-26-2014, 09:35 PM
TBH I never really understood the criteria for becoming a Mentor. Ezio just sort of skipped over the Master Assassin step and became Mentor just because... well, he'd been doing a good job? Machiavelli just kinda said "here, 'gratz Ezio, I'm making you Mentor now, even though LoyalACFan is pretty sure you're way older and more experienced than me and you were the obvious choice to succeed Mario, not me."

So... Connor will never be a Mentor until Stephane grants him that privilege. Or something, I don't friggin know.

Lol, pretty much. TBH, it would have been better if Machiavelli had granted Ezio the title of mentor as his dying wish, but of course that wouldn't have been historically accurate.

Megas_Doux
01-26-2014, 09:37 PM
Eventually????
Yes!

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-26-2014, 09:40 PM
Connor would most likely be a Master Assassin of The American Brotherhood after AC3, he rebuilt the American Brotherhood. :)

We see evidence of this in the AC4 Aveline DLC, the message that Connor sent to Aveline.

Mentor role to the Assassin order is a role left for an older much more experienced assassin, around the age of 50..

No argument from this corner :)

TheElderSons
01-26-2014, 09:43 PM
Really, the only assassin I can say for sure wasn't a mentor is Edward. Altair was "Supermentor of Awesome who led the Order into a golden age", Ezio is "Il Mentor of ALL THE ASSASSINS." , but Edward just...heck, not even sure if he was a Master Assassin. Hell, he was never formally inducted into the order. He's just a guy who can climb good and kill stuff. :P

SixKeys
01-26-2014, 09:49 PM
TBH, I dislike the idea of one über-mentor like Ezio or William in modern times (or whoever took his place after he resigned). Each country should have their own mentor, like presidents, who would sometimes meet to make important decisions for the future of the brotherhood. It feels wrong, not to mention impractical to have just one person at the very top overseeing everything.

LoyalACFan
01-26-2014, 09:51 PM
Really, the only assassin I can say for sure wasn't a mentor is Edward. Altair was "Supermentor of Awesome who led the Order into a golden age", Ezio is "Il Mentor of ALL THE ASSASSINS." , but Edward just...heck, not even sure if he was a Master Assassin. Hell, he was never formally inducted into the order. He's just a guy who can climb good and kill stuff. :P

He was an Assassin in England for about 13 years after Black Flag. He could have become a Master Assassin or even Mentor of the British sect in that time, we don't really know. He did have a lot of writings on the First Civilization, so we at least know he probably had a pretty high "security clearance" within the Brotherhood as it were.

TheElderSons
01-26-2014, 09:54 PM
TBH, I dislike the idea of one über-mentor like Ezio or William in modern times (or whoever took his place after he resigned). Each country should have their own mentor, like presidents, who would sometimes meet to make important decisions for the future of the brotherhood. It feels wrong, not to mention impractical to have just one person at the very top overseeing everything.

Exactly. Look what happened in the Modern day-The Mentor of all the Assassins bit it, and the Order collapsed.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120728025404/assassinscreed/images/d/d7/DanielKillMentor.png

LoyalACFan
01-26-2014, 09:58 PM

Within a modern context it makes sense, I think. There aren't that many Assassins left to begin with, so it stands to reason that the few there are could be led by one guy.

But yeah, it makes no sense to have one Mentor any time before the 20th century. I mean, if the uber-Mentor was in England and he wanted to relay orders to his men in the Americas, it would take months for a message to reach them. I don't think Ezio was an uber-Mentor in that way, he just had a lot of influence and respect from other branches because of his handling of the Borgia. They weren't under his command per se, they just followed his advice because he was a badass mofo.

LoyalACFan
01-26-2014, 09:59 PM
Exactly. Look what happened in the Modern day-The Mentor of all the Assassins bit it, and the Order collapsed.

It wasn't just the death of "Mentor 2000" that ruined them, it was the purge that followed.

Shahkulu101
01-26-2014, 09:59 PM

According to the wiki, Ezio is just mentor of the Italian branch of Assassin's. Like Yusuf is leader of Istanbul's branch, but Yusuf kept on calling him mentor - so I think they're a little off here. I think it might be something to do with contradictions in the encyclopedia, I'm sure there was a news post or blog on the wiki about it but I'm not entirely sure. Thinking about it, in those times I doubt they could have an overlord anyway. How would they make contact with China and other far off places?

To answer OP, I don't think he's a mentor. He definitely leads the American Brotherhood, according to the Aveline DLC where the mission revolves around recruiting Patience Gibbs for Connor - not to mention he has his recruits from the liberation missions.

LoyalACFan
01-26-2014, 10:07 PM
According to the wiki, Ezio is just mentor of the Italian branch of Assassin's. Like Yusuf is leader of Istanbul's branch, but Yusuf kept on calling him mentor - so I think they're a little off here. I think it might be something to do with contradictions in the encyclopedia, I'm sure there was a news post or blog on the wiki about it but I'm not entirely sure. Thinking about it, in those times I doubt they could have an overlord anyway. How would they make contact with China and other far off places?

I think "Mentor" is just an honorific. Like I said above, I don't think Yusuf was under his command, he just followed his advice because he was more experienced and highly respected. At least with Ezio, being Mentor didn't functionally change his role in the Brotherhood, it was just a sign of respect. Kind of like "Sir"Paul McCartney or "Sir" Elton John. The "Sir" doesn't really change their role in society, it's just a title to acknowledge their accomplishments.

TheElderSons
01-26-2014, 10:09 PM

To answer OP, I don't think he's a mentor. He definitely leads the American Brotherhood, according to the Aveline DLC where the mission revolves around recruiting Patience Gibbs for Connor - not to mention he has his recruits from the liberation missions.

Umm...that's what being a Mentor is. Mentors are leaders of the Brotherhood in their region. I was under the belief that each region had a mentor, who was governed by the Mentor of that country, who was governed by an uber-Mentor who led the worldwide Order.

Sorta like Priests, Bishops, and the Pope in the Catholic Church. As a side point, why would distance be that much of a problem. I mean, the Pope has controlled the global Catholic Church since Roman times-never been much of a communication problem.

Shahkulu101
01-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Umm...that's what being a Mentor is. Mentors are leaders of the Brotherhood in their region. I was under the belief that each region had a mentor, who was governed by the Mentor of that country, who was governed by an uber-Mentor who led the worldwide Order.

Sorta like Priests, Bishops, and the Pope in the Catholic Church. As a side point, why would distance be that much of a problem. I mean, the Pope has controlled the global Catholic Church since Roman times-never been much of a communication problem.

Well the catholic church was a massive, public organization where as the Assassin's were supposed to be underground and much smaller in comparison. They can't just send messengers across the globe 24/7, they got Templars to kill.

I think you're right about the mentor system. It quite irrelevant though, the more time went on the less important titles and traditions were to the order. They realized it's all a little unnecessary.

TheElderSons
01-26-2014, 10:27 PM
Underground? Screw that ****.

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111231155912/assassinscreed/images/3/35/Roads_lead_to_3.png

Let's shout the name of our secret order in an insanely conspicuous manner, in broad daylight, in the middle of Rome, before fighting the son of the Pope in open combat in said broad daylight.

VITTORIA AGLI ASSASSINI! ;)

LoyalACFan
01-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Underground? Screw that ****.

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111231155912/assassinscreed/images/3/35/Roads_lead_to_3.png

Let's shout the name of our secret order in an insanely conspicuous manner, in broad daylight, in the middle of Rome, before fighting the son of the Pope in open combat in said broad daylight.

VITTORIA AGLI ASSASSINI! ;)

You broke the AC forum's one rule. You. Do. Not. Talk. About VITTORIA AGLI ASSASSINI.

Ureh
01-26-2014, 10:48 PM
Did Ezio really have the authority to "second-guess" Yusuf on his choice?
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Dogan

adventurewomen
01-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Why even bring up Ezio, Edward etc..in this thread? This thread is about CONNOR, stop derailing the thread! :p

LoyalACFan
01-26-2014, 11:04 PM
Did Ezio really have the authority to "second-guess" Yusuf on his choice?
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Dogan

How do you mean, second-guess? Yusuf died before he formally nominated a successor, so Ezio nominated Dogan, who seemed to be Yusuf's most trusted acolyte. Seems like he was just reaffirming Yusuf's decision TBH. Though that scene was really cheesy. "Here, literally nameless, faceless Assassin, Yusuf thought you were the shiz. I'm sure you'll do fine."

Shahkulu101
01-26-2014, 11:06 PM
Why even bring up Ezio, Edward etc..in this thread? This thread is about CONNOR, stop derailing the thread! :p

Because we were discussing the specificities of what a 'mentor' actually is, and Ezio was a good example to use as he held the title of 'il mentore' but didn't actually appear to be an overlord of sorts.

It was completely relevant.

Consus_E
01-27-2014, 02:43 AM
I'm pretty sure Connor is the leader, but not mentor...

TheElderSons
01-27-2014, 05:06 AM
Well, isn't a Mentor leader?

dbzk1999
01-27-2014, 05:11 AM

IMO I think a mentor is meant to embody absolute wisdom
Meanwhile a leader just leads others
While Connor did get wiser we didn't c him get to Altair ezio or Achilles wisdom

SixKeys
01-27-2014, 05:13 AM
IMO I think a mentor is meant to embody absolute wisdom
Meanwhile a leader just leads others
While Connor did get wiser we didn't c him get to Altair ezio or Achilles wisdom

The cut speech that he originally had in the game shows that he wisened up by the end and lost some of the naïvete he had at the beginning. Plus, he's practically the only assassin left after Achilles' death. It's not like the brotherhood has much of a choice. :p

Consus_E
01-27-2014, 05:36 AM
As I understand it:
An Assassin leader is the leader of their Assassin Guild (Yusuf, Machiavelli, Abbas, ect) A mentor is just the title of an exceptional person within the order. (Ezio, Altair, Achilles, ect)

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-27-2014, 06:05 AM
The cut speech that he originally had in the game shows that he wisened up by the end and lost some of the naïvete he had at the beginning. Plus, he's practically the only assassin left after Achilles' death. It's not like the brotherhood has much of a choice. :p

Really ticked me off when they cut that speech out… It completely showed how mature he became after everything he's been through.

BATISTABUS
01-27-2014, 07:32 AM
Is he a defacto Mentor for the American Assassins? Probably. Would his South American/European/Asian/Australian/African/Antartican Brothers consider him one? Maybe, maybe not. At some point I think it's safe to assume he would achieve Mentor status. As far as I understand it, "Mentor" is more of an honorific that is earned through achievements rather than a position. As far as I know, Yusuf was never considered a mentor, despite being the leader of the Istanbul Assassins.

Will_Lucky
01-27-2014, 11:36 AM
Going off the comments in the AC4 Liberations DLC, I would certainly think so.

Sabuto78
01-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Ya, i do think he is a mentor (only by default not a true one like ezio and altair) Achilles pretty much passed the " Torch" to him hes the most experienced assassin at the end of ac3 in his era. But i agree with everything said he too young not as wise as he should be (he a dumb brute) but with the circumstance of the colonial assassins as it is.. Achilles dead... there aint no one better for the spot now is there?

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 09:01 PM

The developers should have replaced the random old man with that cut speech.

BATISTABUS
01-27-2014, 09:05 PM
(he a dumb brute)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU

Dumb brute.

souNdwAve89
01-27-2014, 09:09 PM
Like others have stated, I am sure Connor became a Mentor sometime later in his life. The letter that he gave to Aveline in the DLC sure seems that he has taken up more of a leadership role. I really wished Ubisoft included that epilogue speech in the actual game...

Sabuto78
01-27-2014, 09:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU

Dumb brute.

Can you point me to which Memory sequence of Connors life he said that? oh wait,Lmfao. .. He's a dumb brute who gets mad and wants to smash things with his tomahawk. Sorry to break it to ya.

=/

LoyalACFan
01-27-2014, 09:26 PM
Ya, i do think he is a mentor (only by default not a true one like ezio and altair) Achilles pretty much passed the " Torch" to him hes the most experienced assassin at the end of ac3 in his era. But i agree with everything said he too young not as wise as he should be (he a dumb brute) but with the circumstance of the colonial assassins as it is.. Achilles dead... there aint no one better for the spot now is there?

Stephane, of course. The bestial butcher of Boston.

BATISTABUS
01-27-2014, 09:33 PM
. .. He's a dumb brute who gets mad and wants to smash things with his tomahawk. Sorry to break it to ya.
=/
So that's not Connor, then? Listen to any conversation he has with Haytham. Or this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbCVjLl13AU&feature=player_detailpage&list =SPVknSjv5hAFLWqPF3PNi7hiJL-jytCaPl#t=32

Just like Altair is a dumb brute who kills without mercy and can't see the writing on the wall, or just like Ezio is a dumb brute who just wants to fight and ****, or just like Edward is a dumb brute who just wants to get wasted and rich, or just like Adewale is a dumb brute who just wants to blow away slavers with his blunderbuss.

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Can you point me to which Memory sequence of Connors life he said that? oh wait,Lmfao. .. He's a dumb brute who gets mad and wants to smash things with his tomahawk. Sorry to break it to ya.

=/

That was canon.

You might as well call Altair, Ezio, or Edward dumber'er brutes considering they kill whoever they are assigned and without question. Connor have done what any other Assassin would and more. He didn't stab them because they had a title, he did so because he knew who they were and whenever the kill happens, it was because they gave him no choice. If he had it his way, the Assassins and Templars would be buddies or at least, not a threat to each other and society. And think about his background and conditions during the main sequences. Only a mindless carefree dunce like Spongebob wouldn't be irritated or smug if he was in Connor's shoes during the main story. Place the other main Assassins in Connor's shoes during the John Pitcairn's sequences and picture how they would do it. Yeah, not much of a different result, is it?

Sabuto78
01-27-2014, 09:43 PM
WHRE IS CHARLES LEEE TELL MEEEE I SMASHHHH

lol@ you comparing connor to the others. They went in with a plan Knew what they were going to do what they were doing it all for. connor/Hulk runs in and goes smash. Does what the loyalist tell him to do.....

Anywyas, I can go on about how he played errand boy for pretty much all of Ac3 took no initiative at all and waste my time going on youtube to argue, but i dont really care that much, especially about a terrible character.

Hes a dumb brute who goes smash with his tomahawk to kill charles lee which is why he single-highhandedly nearly destroyed the AC Franchise. Dumb brutes will be dumb.

sorry again. =/

BATISTABUS
01-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Anywyas, I can go on about how he played errand boy
Errand boy = every Assassin

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 10:08 PM
If you don't have anything to backup your claims, then don't apologize and assume your opinions are correct; because they aren't. You've also wasted your time on Youtube arguing because Youtube is the pinnacle of arguments.

dbzk1999
01-28-2014, 12:13 AM
That was canon.

You might as well call Altair, Ezio, or Edward dumber'er brutes considering they kill whoever they are assigned and without question. Connor have done what any other Assassin would and more. He didn't stab them because they had a title, he did so because he knew who they were and whenever the kill happens, it was because they gave him no choice. If he had it his way, the Assassins and Templars would be buddies or at least, not a threat to each other and society. And think about his background and conditions during the main sequences. Only a mindless carefree dunce like Spongebob wouldn't be irritated or smug if he was in Connor's shoes during the main story. Place the other main Assassins in Connor's shoes during the John Pitcairn's sequences and picture how they would do it. Yeah, not much of a different result, is it?

Actually they might know how to handle it better IMO Connor was the dumbest compared to the others (except Edward MAYBE)

MasterAssasin84
01-28-2014, 12:50 AM
At the end of AC3, I was left confused about something- was Connor Mentor of the Colonial Assassins now? After all, Achilles is dead and Connor is the only Master Assassin in the Colonies. By rights, Connor is leader of the 'Murican Assassins, correct?

Achiles openly confessed that he made a complete mess of the Colonial Brotherhood and allowed the templars to get stronger ! but Yes i would say Connor was a mentor in his own right
but sadly we never saw enough of his ascension in the Assassin Brotherhood like we did with Ezio.

I think Connor deserved another game to reflect this .

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-28-2014, 01:02 AM
Achiles openly confessed that he made a complete mess of the Colonial Brotherhood and allowed the templars to get stronger ! but Yes i would say Connor was a mentor in his own right
but sadly we never saw enough of his ascension in the Assassin Brotherhood like we did with Ezio.

I think Connor deserved another game to reflect this .

Agreed.

LoyalACFan
01-28-2014, 01:30 AM
Agreed.

Agreed x2. Connor needs a game he doesn't have to share with the Revolution.

I-Like-Pie45
01-28-2014, 01:37 AM
Yes

Its time for Connor to share a game with 1812

dbzk1999
01-28-2014, 01:40 AM
Yes

Plz no I don't mind a Connor game but plz no

MasterAssasin84
01-28-2014, 01:50 AM
Agreed x2. Connor needs a game he doesn't have to share with the Revolution.

Ya Know what Ezio was awesome but Altair and Connor the two Assassins who have been the subject of debate for the right reasons its almost as though they have thrown back into ubi's archives as if to say yea they was cool but not commercially awe inspiring when in actual they was too of the best Assassins in the franchise ! Connor in my opinion was certainly an influential Mentor of the colonial brotherhood ! i want to see more of Connors life leading the brotherhood !!

LoyalACFan
01-28-2014, 02:00 AM
Yes

Yesss

And then, as a 90-year-old man, he's allowed the final game in his trilogy when the Mexican War breaks out.

He dies bravely in defense of the Alamo, throwing rope darts from his wheelchair.

dbzk1999
01-28-2014, 02:01 AM
Ya Know what Ezio was awesome but Altair and Connor the two Assassins who have been the subject of debate for the right reasons its almost as though they have thrown back into ubi's archives as if to say yea they was cool but not commercially awe inspiring when in actual they was too of the best Assassins in the franchise ! Connor in my opinion was certainly an influential Mentor of the colonial brotherhood ! i want to see more of Connors life leading the brotherhood !!

Connor doe deserve a little more spotlight but Altair story has pretty much been finished

I-Like-Pie45
01-28-2014, 02:02 AM
The Alamo, like the French Rev and The Beatles, was a hoax perpetrated by the global conspiracy and never happened.

Open your eyes, man.

Or are you the one promoting these lies?

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-28-2014, 02:30 AM
Saw this on the Wolfkin Tumblr about how Connor should do the War of 1812 (he would be about 56). Pretty creative/interesting…

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0191a13434cd65b2a46091587f1d0ddf/tumblr_myiu2gWM0E1rk1cx8o1_r2_500.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/cfc76f7356ea23f332f0194e7d01212b/tumblr_myiu2gWM0E1rk1cx8o2_r1_500.jpg

"I have been graced with a long life. And in those many years, I have seen men and women with great ambition rise up from their knees and become part of a united Creed. A Brotherhood. But in this life, I have also known much pain, grief, hatred, and guilt. Yet, with all the suffering and hardships I have lived through, in the name of justice, freedom, and peace, for my people and my fellow brothers, I shall endure all and fight on. The time has come for one final battle to be fought.”

Ratonhnhaké:ton / Connor Kenway during the War of 1812

… TBH, this quote does sound like something Connor would say…

LoyalACFan
01-28-2014, 03:52 AM
… TBH, this quote does sound like something Connor would say…

It does, but I don't want an 1812 game. At ALL. If we get another Connor game I hope it's in between wars, or at least in the Northwest Indian War so they can tie in his native heritage.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-28-2014, 04:03 AM
It does, but I don't want an 1812 game. At ALL. If we get another Connor game I hope it's in between wars, or at least in the Northwest Indian War so they can tie in his native heritage.

Definitely have to agree with the Northwest Indian War idea…. It's most likely where his people moved to anyway.

EaglePrince25
01-28-2014, 05:43 AM
I also never felt it was made clear at the end of the game as to whether or not he was a "Mentor", but I think it's clear he's at least the leader of that branch of Assassin's if nothing else. As others have said, it's not like there's anyone else.

Dude's an Assassin, explorer, merchant, captain, businessman, hunter, and delves into philosophy to boot, but he's a "dumb brute"? LOL ok son.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-28-2014, 05:10 PM

I'm curious. May I ask why you wouldn't want Connor in the War of 1812?

ze_topazio
01-28-2014, 08:24 PM
A game centered around the early years of independent USA would be nice, something more focused on the expansion of the brotherhood, Assassins vs Templars and things like that, less about historical events and wars and more about the time period.

LoyalACFan
01-28-2014, 10:59 PM
I'm curious. May I ask why you wouldn't want Connor in the War of 1812?

Because his story in AC3 was ruined by the American Revolution. It wasn't a Connor story, it was a play-by-play of the war featuing Connor Gump in every single major event. After grinding my teeth through Paul Revere's Ride and the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the last thing I want is to see him rescuing Dolly Madison from the burning White House or something. He'd have no reason to be involved with it anyway. The colonists already had their freedom, and based on their treatment of his people following the war, I doubt Connor would have many hospitable feelings for the white settlers anymore, and certainly wouldn't feel compelled to help them out in a war over trade sanctions and political BS.

Plus, he'd be old as hell. They were already pushing the boundaries of believability with a freerunning 52-year-old in Revelations; I wouldn't want a freerunning 60-year-old at the Battle of New Orleans in 1815.

In short, the war of 1812 would be pretty much the worst backdrop for a Connor game. NW Indian Wars would be infinitely better, or even the French Revolution.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-28-2014, 11:12 PM
Because his story in AC3 was ruined by the American Revolution. It wasn't a Connor story, it was a play-by-play of the war featuing Connor Gump in every single major event. After grinding my teeth through Paul Revere's Ride and the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the last thing I want is to see him rescuing Dolly Madison from the burning White House or something. He'd have no reason to be involved with it anyway. The colonists already had their freedom, and based on their treatment of his people following the war, I doubt Connor would have many hospitable feelings for the white settlers anymore, and certainly wouldn't feel compelled to help them out in a war over trade sanctions and political BS.

Plus, he'd be old as hell. They were already pushing the boundaries of believability with a freerunning 52-year-old in Revelations; I wouldn't want a freerunning 60-year-old at the Battle of New Orleans in 1815.

In short, the war of 1812 would be pretty much the worst backdrop for a Connor game. NW Indian Wars would be infinitely better, or even the French Revolution.

I respect that. By the way, it's not that I desperately wanted him to do the War of 1812; I was just asking your opinion because you have mentioned this in a few other posts as well and just wanted to understand your side of it. Thanks ;)

LoyalACFan
01-29-2014, 12:12 AM
I respect that. By the way, it's not that I desperately wanted him to do the War of 1812; I was just asking your opinion because you have mentioned this in a few other posts as well and just wanted to understand your side of it. Thanks ;)

Understood :) I just think there are other, much better settings for a Connor sequel if they go that route.

Ureh
01-29-2014, 07:51 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if Connor were at the burning of the white house? But instead of him saving Dolly it's the other way around? Teehee xD

LoyalACFan
01-29-2014, 09:00 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if Connor were at the burning of the white house? But instead of him saving Dolly it's the other way around? Teehee xD

Considering what happened to him I wouldn't blame him for setting fire to it himself :p

LoyalACFan
01-29-2014, 09:01 PM
Gah, double post glitch

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-29-2014, 09:05 PM
considering what happened to him i wouldn't blame him for setting fire to it himself :p

roflmao!

ze_topazio
01-29-2014, 09:53 PM
Connor the terrorist.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-29-2014, 11:37 PM
Connor the terrorist.

He's too nice for that :) Maybe in an alternate reality ^_^

SixKeys
01-29-2014, 11:51 PM
He's too nice for that :) Maybe in an alternate reality ^_^

One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

LoyalACFan
01-30-2014, 12:35 AM
One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

Was about to say he could technically already be considered a terrorist for participating in the Boston Tea Party :p

adventurewomen
01-30-2014, 12:46 AM
Considering what happened to him I wouldn't blame him for setting fire to it himself :p
Haha, I'm not going to lie I'd like to see that happen! Revenge is sweet. ;)

ze_topazio
01-30-2014, 02:09 AM

Haha, I'm not going to lie I'd like to see that happen! Revenge is sweet. ;)

This reminded me of this pic

http://www.strangetravel.com/images/content/154282.jpg

So I went and made a small edit

http://oi62.tinypic.com/5jxl3o.jpg

avk111
01-30-2014, 03:51 PM
If its any consolation,

In the year 1801 I think, Esosa the grand child of Adewale and the assassin who lead the revolution of Haiti seeked Connor in the homestead looking for answers regarding his tribulations and knowledge in revolution affairs.

Source: Initiates.

Hans684
01-30-2014, 04:18 PM
^ Actually it was Connor who contacted him becouse he wanted to train him. Also Esosa is the third assassin Connor has contacted, so i suspect he is rebuilding the order and to do that he must have some form of authority. Meaning he is in some leader/mentor position.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-30-2014, 04:53 PM
^ Actually it was Connor who contacted him becouse he wanted to train him. Also Esosa is the third assassin Connor has contacted, so i suspect he is rebuilding the order and to do that he must have some form of authority. Meaning he is in some leader/mentor position.

There's the proof… which is why his story is not done yet :)

jayjay275
01-30-2014, 05:00 PM
I reckon Connor becomes a mentor and marries Aveline.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-30-2014, 05:13 PM

The developers considered giving the character a love interest in The Tyranny of King Washington, and Aveline de Grandpré in particular for the role. However, it was decided the characters' motivations and personalities were too different for each other.

Source: Raptr Q&A: Assassin’s Creed III and The Tyranny of King Washington (http://raptr.com/UbiGabe/news/5125780515d40ed291/raptr-q-a-assassins-creed)

LoyalACFan
01-30-2014, 06:22 PM
The developers considered giving the character a love interest in The Tyranny of King Washington, and Aveline de Grandpré in particular for the role. However, it was decided the characters' motivations and personalities were too different for each other.

Source: Raptr Q&A: Assassin’s Creed III and The Tyranny of King Washington (http://raptr.com/UbiGabe/news/5125780515d40ed291/raptr-q-a-assassins-creed)

Plus, if we're assuming Connor is still unmarried by the 1801 date mentioned above, wouldn't Aveline already be too old to have kids?

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Plus, if we're assuming Connor is still unmarried by the 1801 date mentioned above, wouldn't Aveline already be too old to have kids?

She was too old for him to begin with… No cougars/cubs please… They even thought to put him with Dobby, but she was like 20 years old than him, but that's not happening.

adventurewomen
01-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Aveline wouldn't be the right women for Connor. As Humble mentioned the developers decided the characters motivations and personalities are too different. I agree with this after playing Liberation HD - Aveline's personality wouldn't suit being with Connor.

She was too old for him to begin with… No cougars/cubs please… They even thought to put him with Dobby, but she was like 20 years old than him, but that's not happening.
Totally Agreed! I always said that Dobby would be a cougar if they were ever to be in a relationship.

So many fans ship them Aveline and Connor together, I can't stand it.. Connor deserves to be with someone he truly loves and not out of connivence.

When Dobby's asking for "first crack" Connor looks so uncomfortable and awkward - I don't think he fully understood what she meant. Poor guy, that's the reason I disliked Dobby.

SixKeys
01-30-2014, 07:22 PM
When Dobby's asking for "first crack" Connor looks so uncomfortable and awkward - I don't think he fully understood what she meant. Poor guy, that's the reason I disliked Dobby.

You dislike Dobby because Connor was too slow to catch her meaning?

LoyalACFan
01-30-2014, 07:55 PM

To be fair, she was like twenty years older than him. It was kinda weird.

adventurewomen
01-30-2014, 08:00 PM
No I just dislike Dobby coming on to him in a way that she's seemed like she wanted to take advantage of him, and the fact that Dobby was in her mid 40s and Connor just turning 20 at that time.

I don't have a problem with age gaps in relationships, the max amount would be 10 yrs.

dbzk1999
01-30-2014, 08:32 PM
No I just dislike Dobby coming on to him in a way that she's seemed like she wanted to take advantage of him, and the fact that Dobby was in her mid 40s and Connor just turning 20 at that time.

I don't have a problem with age gaps in relationships, the max amount would be 10 yrs.
I wouldn't count that as coming into him I took that as playful joking

SixKeys
01-30-2014, 08:53 PM
To be fair, she was like twenty years older than him. It was kinda weird.

And it wasn't weird when Ezio did it to Sofia? :rolleyes:

Hans684
01-30-2014, 09:21 PM

Ezio will always be Ezio, he's one of a kind.

LoyalACFan
01-30-2014, 09:44 PM

Yeah it kinda was (it didn't help that they made Ezio look like he was 70 when he was only 52) but I thought creating Sofia was practically the laziest possible way they could conclude Ezio's bloodline, so that whole aspect of the story was pretty meh anyway.

Plus, it was slightly less creepy since they were both adults. Sofia was like 35 when she met Ezio, but Connor was barely out of his teens when Dobby first showed up. I dunno, the difference between 35 and 52 just seems less weird than 20 and 40.

SixKeys
01-31-2014, 12:02 AM
Plus, it was slightly less creepy since they were both adults. Sofia was like 35 when she met Ezio, but Connor was barely out of his teens when Dobby first showed up. I dunno, the difference between 35 and 52 just seems less weird than 20 and 40.

Was she? She was one of the last recruits I met, late in the story, so I never caught on to the age difference.

LoyalACFan
01-31-2014, 01:25 AM
Was she? She was one of the last recruits I met, late in the story, so I never caught on to the age difference.

Yeah, I think you're supposed to meet her in 1776, so she'd be 40 and Connor was 20. Not sure though, I'm pretty fuzzy on the dates in AC3 that aren't tied to major historical events.

Megas_Doux
01-31-2014, 02:02 AM
There's the proof… which is why his story is not done yet :)

Edward and Ade reunite again, so to speak......
Awesome twist of events!!!!!!

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-31-2014, 11:39 PM
Posted yesterday. This looks like real proof that Connor became a mentor to me :)

https://d3g2nk6vkhinf0.cloudfront.net/content-data/database/letters-to-the-dead/WhatPriceFreedom_L.jpg

Gran pè,

Despite warnings from his superiors, Leclerc did not consolidate his victory by disarming Louverture's old soldiers, and we rose up again, dashing the French hopes for re-establishing control of Saint-Domingue.

Although I was too late to save Toussaint, I got my revenge on Leclerc. Already suffering from an illness, I poisoned him with a special mixture, taken from one of Mackandal's own recipes. Leclerc died from “Yellow Fever” on November 1, 1802.

One of Toussaint's lieutenants, Jean-Jacques Dessalines, has continued the fight. On November 18, 1803, Dessalines attacked the French general Rochambeau at Vertieres, and overwhelmed him. Under the cover of a storm, Rochambeau pulled out of Vertieres, knowing the colony was finally lost to France.

On January 1, 1804, Dessalines became the new leader and declared Saint-Domingue a free republic, which was followed by the brutal extermination of thousands of white people living in the country.

My Brotherhood, rebels and madmen all, is gone. Boukman and Toussaint are dead. I killed the madman Jeannot. Biassou and Jean-Francois are gone, most likely to Florida. I received word that Toussaint died in prison, but no word on what happened to his body thereafter.

I have done what I have promised you, Gran pè, I have liberated Saint-Domingue. But at what cost? Do I make you proud? Or simply disappointed?

I have been contacted by one of our own. A man named Connor. I understand that he has some experience with revolutions. I will meet with him. I will learn from him. And then I will come back for Dessalines.

Please forgive me.

Eseosa

Source: https://acinitiates.com/#!/database/letters-to-the-dead/what-price-freedom

…. "Revolutions"… could it be that he participated in more than one? Anticipation rising...

adventurewomen
01-31-2014, 11:50 PM
^ Interesting, even though this information is mysterious. it does confirm Connor is a Master Assassin / Mentor like the Aveline AC4 DLC did.