PDA

View Full Version : 3 various questions, please answer

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 07:03 PM
1: I hear a lot of people complaining about the unrealistic bullet smoke trails and the overdone muzzle flashes. I wonder why they didn't fix that in a patch? It wouldn't take much time, would it? Why won't they change it if those people complaining are right?

2: How do I enable EAX in FB? In all other games I have I can enable it in the menu and it works, but in FB I don't notice much?

3: I have heard they are going to model post-war planes? I thought this was a realistic WW2 eastern front sim, so why add planes which never took part in the conflict?

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 07:03 PM
1: I hear a lot of people complaining about the unrealistic bullet smoke trails and the overdone muzzle flashes. I wonder why they didn't fix that in a patch? It wouldn't take much time, would it? Why won't they change it if those people complaining are right?

2: How do I enable EAX in FB? In all other games I have I can enable it in the menu and it works, but in FB I don't notice much?

3: I have heard they are going to model post-war planes? I thought this was a realistic WW2 eastern front sim, so why add planes which never took part in the conflict?

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:50 PM
bump. Could someone please answer?

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:04 PM
I agree the muzzle flash is ridiculous I wish I could remove them!

Happy hunting and check six!

Tony Ascaso, RN

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:14 PM
The_Red_Arrow wrote:
- 1: I hear a lot of people complaining about the
- unrealistic bullet smoke trails and the overdone
- muzzle flashes. I wonder why they didn't fix that in
- a patch? It wouldn't take much time, would it? Why
- won't they change it if those people complaining are
- right?

I don't think these 'issues' warrant much time discussing or 'fixing'.
It is a game after all - entertainment being the key to the whole experience.

- 2: How do I enable EAX in FB? In all other games I
- have I can enable it in the menu and it works, but
- in FB I don't notice much?

Sorry can't help you .I have a very old ISA Legacy sound card. (and since the latest patch I don't have any of the problems others seem to be having!)

- 3: I have heard they are going to model post-war
- planes? I thought this was a realistic WW2 eastern
- front sim, so why add planes which never took part
- in the conflict?

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif I've not heard of any post war planes. Which ones?

S! Simon.
<center>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://www.downloadcounter.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?username=James_Jones&account=705).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/USsig.jpg
<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font></center>

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:18 PM
1) Oleg said it won't be fixed. Get used to it.
2) If you hit Shift+Tab in game and have EAX capable soundcard, you will see it enabled. Mine is.
3) While I don't like that idea very much as well, I will certainly download/buy that addon. Maybe I will find it great, maybe not.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:46 PM
1: Of course it's a game. But it's a sim, so it seems better if it's as realistic at possible. I don't understand why they wouldn't fix it. Did Oleg give any reasons why he won't?

2: I have an Audigy Player. I do hear EAX in all other games I have. Or might it just be I think EAX isn't on, because it isn't 'used' in the game very much?

3: I just heard they were busy with post-war aircraft in another forum post, don't recall which one.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:54 PM
You must be thinking of Luthier's proposed Lufwaffe '46 project, which has most likely been scraped after the near collapse of the IL-2 center. Cold War planes aren't really my style, but they would be a nice change of pace (I'm still waiting for the Mustang, the Bf 110 and the Spit).

---------------------------------------
http://www.swafineart.com/images/30.4.02/spitfire.jpg

I'm still a 109 fan but you've gotta love the Spitfire!

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 08:21 PM
1. The muzzleflash IS unrealistic, but as stated earlier "It won't be fixed..." the bullet smoke is actually more realistic than you might think. Look at much of the vintage Luftwaffe guncam footage and you will see bullet smoke very much like that in the game.

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/_uimages/p47atm.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 08:26 PM
And looking at the vintage videos - the smoke seems alittle underplayed - of course i am not complaining - just giving my opinion.

FM are as real as I will ever notice - being that I am 31 and have my doubts that we will ever face a WW battle using 109's spit's or the such - I am perfectly happy - well except for the fact that I can't hit anything - but that my fault - or has Oleg put a 13thDisciple cheat in the game that I do not know about and everyone uses it????