PDA

View Full Version : AC4: Keep playing after the credits roll?

Nitrotoluene
01-26-2014, 12:48 AM
I finished AC4 somewhat unexpectedly and still have so many things to get - like I never found how to get the elite hull, and never got around to doing the legendary ships bit. So, is there a way to keep going after the formal finish, in the same way that Far Cry 3 allows?

I really couldn't stand starting a new game just for those things.

And I wonder what was the point of collecting animus fragments? Completing the game hasn't made me any wiser on that. I never found out what they actually were or what benefit they bestowed on me.

strigoi1958
01-26-2014, 01:09 AM
yes you can still play in order to get all your collectibles complete or just to get a huge sum of money or gems in kenways fleet.... also when you restart again your fleet will still be there from this game so you could either fill your fleet with the best ships now or tade them in for gems when you restart.. collecting things just gives you the satisfaction of knowing you've done it completely

Nitrotoluene
01-26-2014, 01:14 AM
Good. So....exactly how do I continue? I tried to do it, but each time it simply starts to play the long list of credits again. Is it a matter of getting a coffee and letting them roll through until they're finished?

byte_x
01-26-2014, 01:24 AM
yea, it lasts about 25 minutes and when it ends you spawn back at great iguana.

Nitrotoluene
01-26-2014, 01:34 AM
Excellent, thanks. Then I shall continue....still ignorant about animus fragments though.

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2014, 04:03 AM
Animus Fragments are for completionists. Collect them all if you want the extra achievements and stuff.

jeffies04
01-26-2014, 07:17 AM
Hold (B) or whatever your button is that counters an attack during the credits (after the Haytham bit). It skips the rest of the credits.