PDA

View Full Version : Western cowboy civil war themed ac game would be perfect

AReaperMachine
01-24-2014, 09:53 PM
i think the next assassins creed game, or one of the next assassins creed games should take place in the 1860's in the south western part of the U.S. ubisoft could do so much with this idea. let me know what you guys think.

Zafar1981
01-24-2014, 10:26 PM
No thanks we don't want another game set in America. There are lots of places in the world which need to be explored. And sorry to say its assassin's creed thread not red dead redemption.

poptartz20
01-24-2014, 11:06 PM
Umm.. I can't lie and say I haven't thought about something like this but I'm just not sure how it would work exactly especially since the buildings back then were p more or less even more spaced out than they were in AC3 during that time. and towns are few and far in between. I think the Assassin himself would look amazing. . but then there is this problem...

No thanks we don't want another game set in America. There are lots of places in the world which need to be explored. And sorry to say its assassin's creed thread not red dead redemption.

People will compare it to RDR constantly along with the complaint about America being the setting again or even the timeline being to modern. As far as the civil war goes. It would be interesting to see considering no one has ever really tapped into that time or a game about the civil war, but then again it also leads me to wonder would it not be like AC3 again? I just don't think the time is right for it as of now.

Landruner
01-24-2014, 11:21 PM
I am repeating myself but how do you do the Vertical building and the Parcourt Gameplay with a Civil War and Western settings? - Try to play RDR and try to see whathan Assassin can do with the jumping over the one story building or the plains and you get what I try to say = Worse setting ever for an assassin Creed but perfect setting for a Cowboy - BTW I don't know why?

TheHumanTowel
01-24-2014, 11:27 PM
I am repeating myself but how do you do the Vertical building and the Parcourt Gameplay with a Civil War and Western settings? - Try to play RDR and try to see whathan Assassin can do with the jumping over the one story building or the plains and you get what I try to say = Worse setting ever for an assassin Creed but perfect setting for a Cowboy - BTW I don't know why?
Seriously it's like the people who keep suggesting a Western Assassin's Creed have never played an Assassin's Creed game before.

LoyalACFan
01-24-2014, 11:32 PM
No. You can't top RDR unless you're seriously going to abandon the entire core gameplay and devote a 5-or-so -year development cycle to it. Plus, Ubisoft already has Call of Juarez.

Shahkulu101
01-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Seriously it's like the people who keep suggesting a Western Assassin's Creed have never played an Assassin's Creed game before.

But DIVERSITY.

I don't see a written rule where it says we HAVE to have verticality in ALL AC games. Jeez so narrow minded.

poptartz20
01-24-2014, 11:34 PM
No. You can't top RDR unless you're seriously going to abandon the entire core gameplay and devote a 5-or-so -year development cycle to it. Plus, Ubisoft already has Call of Juarez.

Ohhh yeah! I forgot about that game! Btw a little off topic but did anybody ever play that game? Was it any good?

But DIVERSITY.

I don't see a written rule where it says we HAVE to have verticality in ALL AC games. Jeez so narrow minded.
True! : D but where would you really go with that. you know AC is somewhat "defined" by it's parkour aspects. and "verticality" If you take that away what could make up for that.

LoyalACFan
01-24-2014, 11:37 PM
Ohhh yeah! I forgot about that game! Btw a little off topic but did anybody ever play that game? Was it any good?

You talking about RDR or COJ? COJ is pretty good, RDR is magnificence incarnate.

poptartz20
01-24-2014, 11:40 PM
You talking about RDR or COJ? COJ is pretty good, RDR is magnificence incarnate.

COJ. sorry for not specifying.

I have played most of RDR. I really enjoy it... just haven't picked it up in awhile. Don't know why exactly *shrugs* I did the same thing with TLoU too, yet it's one of the best games I've ever played!

Shahkulu101
01-24-2014, 11:41 PM

True! : D but where would you really go with that. you know AC is somewhat "defined" by it's parkour aspects. and "verticality" If you take that away what could make up for that.

Decent horses, repetitive, mundane random events and a ridiculously large desert map which you probably won't even explore a third of!

Landruner
01-24-2014, 11:44 PM

Have you?

LoyalACFan
01-24-2014, 11:45 PM
COJ. sorry for not specifying.

I have played most of RDR. I really enjoy it... just haven't picked it up in awhile. Don't know why exactly *shrugs* I did the same thing with TLoU too, yet it's one of the best games I've ever played!

OK. Yeah, COJ Gunslingers is a fun game. It's more of your traditional "yee-haw" cowboy thing in comparison to RDR's revisionist take, but it's charming in its own way. It's a solid little arcade shooter. I recommend it, and if you're itching for more, you should check out its "ancestor", COJ Bound in Blood. Just not the Cartel, that game was horrendous.

poptartz20
01-24-2014, 11:49 PM
OK. Yeah, COJ Gunslingers is a fun game. It's more of your traditional "yee-haw" cowboy thing in comparison to RDR's revisionist take, but it's charming in its own way. It's a solid little arcade shooter. I recommend it, and if you're itching for more, you should check out its "ancestor", COJ Bound in Blood. Just not the Cartel, that game was horrendous.

Ahhh! okay thanks Loyal!

Decent horses, repetitive, mundane random events and a ridiculously large desert map which you probably won't even explore a third of!

You.. You should be a a game developer! *slow clap* Great idea! :D

TheHumanTowel
01-24-2014, 11:50 PM
Have you?
I don't play video games.

Landruner
01-25-2014, 12:04 AM
I don't play video games.

Good for you! They are not good for the health anyhow....

I-Like-Pie45
01-25-2014, 12:14 AM
Abraham Lincoln can be the main villain

He after all was a tyrant who destroyed a region's way of life and economic backbone simply for the petty reason of he didn't like it

Zafar1981
01-25-2014, 12:24 AM
Well I play AC games due to sword fighting, vertical climbing, historical events and cool views. But in a cow boy game there would be cool views and historical events but the fact is that in civil war most of the buildings were destroyed due to heavy motor and shelling. So it would be less climbing and zero sword fighting because Colt 79 was fully engaged in that era. Beside that if Ubisoft want to make a game in this era then they could make a new franchise just like they make watch dogs to compete with GTA.
Some time I feel that what Ubisoft is doing. Making every game AC. Last year I watch a teaser of Project Osiris which was cancelled and now I m sure after seeing its photo in AC IV that it is now becoming an other AC. Same with 1666. Ubisoft should need to make new franchises rather making an umbrella brand of AC.

LoyalACFan
01-25-2014, 12:29 AM
Ubisoft should need to make new franchises rather making an umbrella brand of AC.

Yessss, much as I loved Black Flag I kinda feel like they should have held off and made it a whole new pirate IP. I know they sent out that survey gauging market support for a full pirate franchise, but I'd hate for AC to become their "testing grounds" as it were for new franchises.

Zafar1981
01-25-2014, 12:42 AM
Yessss, much as I loved Black Flag I kinda feel like they should have held off and made it a whole new pirate IP. I know they sent out that survey gauging market support for a full pirate franchise, but I'd hate for AC to become their "testing grounds" as it were for new franchises.
May be you disagree with me but in fact calling it Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag they only made a new franchise named Black Flag and it have no relation with AC series would helped them in making a pirate themed game. But this happen when you are doing an umbrella branding. I am not sure but in my view if they now make a pirate game it won't be a success.

Black_Widow9
01-25-2014, 05:44 AM
Please use this Topic for future AC discussion:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424

Thanks