PDA

View Full Version : AI wingman

Gantoo
08-01-2004, 03:21 PM
I have notice for a long time now that the wingman in the single player campagn simply follow their wingleader around. Even if the the wingleader is attacked the wingman does nothing but follow. I always just cut my wingman loose and let him do what he will becuase he does NO good just following me around.

I just finaly had to say something.

Hope for better AI in the future.

Gantoo
08-01-2004, 03:21 PM
I have notice for a long time now that the wingman in the single player campagn simply follow their wingleader around. Even if the the wingleader is attacked the wingman does nothing but follow. I always just cut my wingman loose and let him do what he will becuase he does NO good just following me around.

I just finaly had to say something.

Hope for better AI in the future.

Kerosine18
08-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Don't want to seem like a 'whiner' but i have to agree with Gantoo. After instructing my wingman to COVER ME, i often end up with wingman following me around and simply ignoring enemy fighters at HIS/MINE back.

there is room for improvement there IMHO. rest of the game is awesome though, no complaints!

kerosine

Bull_dog_
08-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Something changed somewhere in one of the patches. My wingman shot many enemies off my six in days gone by, but not now.

I used to be able to do player to target and order my wman to attack and they would...not now. They will only if you padlock the target.

All in all, I think the AI has declined over time instead of improved...they still kill steal, although at least they don't shoot me down anymore trying to steal a kill.

By the way...they are much poorer shots now it seems to me. Seems odd, but I've had many gentle turns evade all fire.

Still good, but I had to see the AI decline.

Worf101
08-02-2004, 01:40 PM
I don't know... I'm playing a patched version of FB AEP and my wingman generally sticks like glue and fights pretty well to boot. I've had a couple of instances when I was in a train (ie, popping an enemy while his wing was popping me and my wing popping him) and my wingie saved my bacon and got a ace while I got his wing man. I'm not sure how they could get much better.

Da Worfster

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!"