PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's ring,lord of the creed!

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 05:52 PM
IGN has released gameplay footage of middle earth shadow of mordor this morning ,check out their YouTube channel for more info. WB has another hit on their hands,looks like a mix of batman and assassin's creed but its also so much more!I dare to say the assassin's creed franchise and watchdogs just got put on notice, I don't even care about assassin's creed 5 after watching shadow of mordors gameplay and story!I'm happy to say its a bright new day in gaming history!

lothario-da-be
01-23-2014, 05:55 PM
Just saw it too. I agree. Although it just looks like an AC rip-off. Every shown feautre is borrowed from ac.

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Not every shown feature, the nemesis feature is original, if anything it steals heavily from the batman games.besides it looks like they can teach ubisoft a thing or two about gameplay mechanic's lol!

LoyalACFan
01-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Ha! BLATANT rip-off of AC and, well, AC. Looks like a mashup of Assassin's Creed and Arkham City. Plus they kinda stole Geralt's dual-sheath-on-the-back thing, but that's just aesthetic.

But hey, what can I say, this game actually looks halfway decent. I'm still put off by the bastardization of Tolkien's vision of Middle-earth, but this game doesn't look like it'll be the utter bomb I was expecting. Combat system looks kinda bland though.

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 06:17 PM
You can chop orcs heads off and stab them through the neck,bland I think not ,the wraith powers are very soulrever,okokok so its AC,batman,witcher,and soulrever combined, I can't find anything wrong with that!

lothario-da-be
01-23-2014, 06:19 PM
It gave me Déja-vû all the time.

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 06:21 PM
Lol wonder what ubisoft is thinking right now lol!ubisoft has to definitely pick up the pace and come out fighting with something new and fresh in the AC series or else WB just stole their customers yet again. (First time was with batman)

Landruner
01-23-2014, 06:46 PM
IGN has released gameplay footage of middle earth shadow of mordor this morning ,check out their YouTube channel for more info. WB has another hit on their hands,looks like a mix of batman and assassin's creed but its also so much more!I dare to say the assassin's creed franchise and watchdogs just got put on notice, I don't even care about assassin's creed 5 after watching shadow of mordors gameplay and story!I'm happy to say its a bright new day in gaming history!

I am actually glad that game like that happen and wish that more games and IP does the same - Why I am writing this because they borrow gameplay and elements from other games and make them better (Hopefully the game post release is like the demo...that is another story) -
I am pretty sure that Ubisoft will have to ameliorate its AC formula for rivaled the competition - So, it is all good for the AC series, trust me it is (If Ubisoft still care enough to maintain it alive)
At least, that shall stop our beloved Darby to say and write openly BS about what was not possible to do about the Stealth for AC4, since we can see that others can do it, while Ubisoft can't.
Besides the ME Shadow of Mordor game was made by the lead-writer and lead-designer of the legendary Rockstar RDR, so it can only be good.

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 07:00 PM
When starting a thread like this you should really provide links op.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqaGJoBQiG8#t=88

Aphex_Tim
01-23-2014, 07:02 PM
I don't mind if games blatantly copy elements from other games, so long as it's done right. Look at the Darksiders games for example; Vigil borrowed stuff from a lot of other games and combined it into something of their own; and it quickly became one of my favorite series.
The only gripe I have so far with Shadow of Mordor is the main character's name. I know, it's a silly thing to complain about but come on, Talion? Is that really all they could come up with? :p

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Wooooo WB coming out swinging this year first batman now this,they hitting ubisoft from the right and left.this just became a wrestling match,your move ubisoft! (If you got any left)@stevee just go to YouTube and go to IGNs channel! (I'm not tech savvy sorry)

TorQue1988
01-23-2014, 07:05 PM
The game looks great and it does heavily "borrow" elements from AC, even those ropes (or whatever they are) between buildings. The fighting system looks too slow though, and i'm not sure what to think about the "nemesis feature"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JTxAbObqmY

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 07:10 PM
Wooooo WB coming out swinging this year first batman now this,they hitting ubisoft from the right and left.this just became a wrestling match,your move ubisoft! (If you got any left)@stevee just go to YouTube and go to IGNs channel! (I'm not tech savvy sorry)

You don't need to be tech savvy to copy and paste the website address.

killzab
01-23-2014, 07:18 PM
I am actually glad that game like that happen and wish that more games and IP does the same - Why I am writing this because they borrow gameplay and elements from other games and make them better (Hopefully the game post release is like the demo...that is another story) -
I am pretty sure that Ubisoft will have to ameliorate its AC formula for rivaled the competition - So, it is all good for the AC series, trust me it is (If Ubisoft still care enough to maintain it alive)
At least, that shall stop our beloved Darby to say and write openly BS about what was not possible to do about the Stealth for AC4, since we can see that others can do it, while Ubisoft can't.
Besides the ME Shadow of Mordor game was made by the lead-writer and lead-designer of the legendary Rockstar RDR, so it can only be good.

Lol this !

"We can't implement a crouch button it's too complicated and wouldn't really be useful".

Lol !! what about one of the triggers ?

And I can count dozens of times when it would've been useful ...

LoyalACFan
01-23-2014, 07:22 PM
You can chop orcs heads off and stab them through the neck,bland I think not ,the wraith powers are very soulrever,okokok so its AC,batman,witcher,and soulrever combined, I can't find anything wrong with that!

I don't mean the moves themselves are bland, but the animations don't make the system work. Just look at AC4; it has some amazing over-the-top kill animations, but the combat itself is still lame. Shadow of Mordor's combat looks like a slower-paced, less precise version of Arkham City's Freeflow with a couple of flashy finishers (and the audio is frequently out of sync for sword strikes). Of course, this is just a preview, and the final build is a long way off, but I don't particularly care for what I've seen so far. Game looks like a 7/10 to me at the moment.

And I'm kinda pissed that they wasted a big-budget Middle-earth game on Mordor alone, the dreariest and most boring place in Tolkien's legendarium.

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Oh really because you know what's bland to me,running around just throwing smoke bombs at my enemy's killing ten at a time then throwing another smoke bomb and killing ten more!@stevee I don't know how to do that on my tablet yet sorry.by the way batman ark has a crouch button since the get go!

Aphex_Tim
01-23-2014, 07:29 PM
It looks really cool but that Nemesis system seems almost too good to be true. Like the the battle which the narrator says took place earlier in the game which "in this case" left Orthog severly burned, and one of his minions actually acknowledging this by saying "You left my master to burn!". Could that really happen in real-time? You'd think that just has to be scripted, right?

lothario-da-be
01-23-2014, 07:31 PM
I don't mind if games blatantly copy elements from other games, so long as it's done right. Look at the Darksiders games for example; Vigil borrowed stuff from a lot of other games and combined it into something of their own; and it quickly became one of my favorite series.
The only gripe I have so far with Shadow of Mordor is the main character's name. I know, it's a silly thing to complain about but come on, Talion? Is that really all they could come up with? :p
Darksiders <3 my favourite franchise next to AC.

LoyalACFan
01-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Oh really because you know what's bland to me,running around just throwing smoke bombs at my enemy's killing ten at a time then throwing another smoke bomb and killing ten more!@stevee I don't know how to do that on my tablet yet sorry.by the way batman ark has a crouch button since the get go!

Yeah, I agree that's bland. And Shadow of Mordor doesn't look too much better at the moment.

Seriously dude, I kinda think you're fanboying WAY too hard for new IP that has only eight minutes of gameplay shown...

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 07:36 PM
I know this much WB tends to keep their promises,the batman games are proof of that,unlike ubisoft saying things are gonna be in their game then take them out!little things too like frozen lakes and such!@loyal,then color me a fanboy because that demo gave me more in 8mins than any current AC game has in long long time!(boats are an exception, love em)

Landruner
01-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Lol this !

"We can't implement a crouch button it's too complicated and wouldn't really be useful".

Lol !! what about one of the triggers ?

And I can count dozens of times when it would've been useful ...

Salut copain, I LOL because I was mentioning that about Darby in thinking about what he wrote to you on the Initiates LOL - Glad that saw it and that you jumped on it LOL!!!!

Rugterwyper32
01-23-2014, 07:43 PM
This certainly caught my interest and I'll definitely get it when it's out. I always wanted an AC style game in a more fantasy based setting, and I get just that with this. Amazing.

Now back to Animal Crossing I have villagers to kick out of my town.

Landruner
01-23-2014, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I agree that's bland. And Shadow of Mordor doesn't look too much better at the moment.

Seriously dude, I kinda think you're fanboying WAY too hard for new IP that has only eight minutes of gameplay shown...

Believe it or not, I got the chance to see a small piece of the Witcher 3 running (lalalala:cool: pouet pouet!!!!), and when that game is out that will kick as trust me.., If UBI does not change stuff in the next Assassin Creed gameplay and fight system will appear like dog poop in can compared to this. The Witcher 3 will definitely be a Mature game with a big M.

SixKeys
01-23-2014, 07:51 PM
Holy crap! I can't believe they're getting away with this! :eek: Some of the climbing and combat animations are literally copied and pasted! You can tell when they just replaced the hidden blade or tomahawk with some other generic weapon. And the ledge assassinations, hookblade-climb without the hook, Eagle Vision (I know lots of games have this mechanic, but they didn't even try to make it look unique)..... Just, wow.

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Um how doesn't it look unique, batmans detective vision is more unique than eagle vision and so is wraith vision! Why I'll tell you why because just like Batman's detective vision it can stay on mostly all the time,unlike eagle vision that can't be used while running,climbing or fighting, soooooo I think wraith vision is soooo much better,just like detective vision!

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 08:02 PM
In older games you could run while in eagle vision, I don't understand why you can't now.

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Like I said Ubisoft takes away the smallest things out the game for no reason whatsoever.

Aphex_Tim
01-23-2014, 08:14 PM
In older games you could run while in eagle vision, I don't understand why you can't now.

I like it better this way. Stops eagle vision from being some ultimate super-tool you can use at any time.

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 08:18 PM
was it ever a super-tool?

Landruner
01-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Holy crap! I can't believe they're getting away with this! :eek: Some of the climbing and combat animations are literally copied and pasted! You can tell when they just replaced the hidden blade or tomahawk with some other generic weapon. And the ledge assassinations, hookblade-climb without the hook, Eagle Vision (I know lots of games have this mechanic, but they didn't even try to make it look unique)..... Just, wow.

Yep I know, but if they do make it better than AC, it will certainly convince Ubisoft to make their AC game even better. it is all good for the AC series actually.
btw AC series has trademark for some piece of AC series not for all content neither, so they can't accuse other devs to borrow some pieces of their games.

LoyalACFan
01-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Um how doesn't it look unique, batmans detective vision is more unique than eagle vision and so is wraith vision! Why I'll tell you why because just like Batman's detective vision it can stay on mostly all the time,unlike eagle vision that can't be used while running,climbing or fighting, soooooo I think wraith vision is soooo much better,just like detective vision!

Come on, dude. I get that you're UBER hyped for this game (setting yourself up for disappointment if you ask me, but hey) but you can't deny that the free-climbing, aerial assassinations, and eagle/wraith vision aren't ripped DIRECTLY from AC. Even the climbing animations, they're identical to the old AC ones.

LoyalACFan
01-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Yep I know, but if they do make it better than AC, it will certainly convince Ubisoft to make their AC game even better. it is all good for the AC series actually.
btw AC series has trademark for some piece of AC series not for all content neither, so they can't accuse other devs to borrow some pieces of their games.

Blatantly copying features like that though... It doesn't really bode well for the game. It just shows that the devs didn't have the time, resources, and/or vision to come up with their own take on it. It's just a hodge-podge of different games with the addition of this "nemesis system" that sounds way too good to be true. If the game comes out and it's amazing, I'll be eating my words, but I'm seriously doubting it.

SenseHomunculus
01-23-2014, 08:48 PM
This just looks ef-ing cool, assuming it comes out the way the alpha is headed.

lothario-da-be
01-23-2014, 08:49 PM
It doesn't just borrow aerial assassination or those ropes between the buildings. Its EVERYTHING, don't get me wrong. I am realy looking foreward to this, as a FANTASY AC GAME.

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 09:07 PM
It borrows some things from AC,but crouching,wraith powers like controlling your enemies and their RPG tree leveling system along with the nemises system are WBs.what's it take from AC,climbing, vision, fighting even thou batman did that first so technically their stealing their own fighting system and batman could kinda climb also sooooo....wuteves here's hoping the games is remotely as good as AC or better!

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 09:15 PM
This is also why I feel AC5 will be in China and be a bit more kung fu oriented just like the batman ark games,Ubisoft is gonna copy WBs batman fights to get back at them.lol watch I bet you they do exactly that!

Shahkulu101
01-23-2014, 09:25 PM
I wonder why the lead writer and designer of RDR, one of the most acclaimed, self-recognized titles of last generation, would directly plagiarize another series. His own game is a masterpiece - how could he not be confident in his own artistic vision?

@Landrunner Where is your source for this? You were the one who stated the above info.

Landruner
01-23-2014, 09:39 PM
Blatantly copying features like that though... It doesn't really bode well for the game. It just shows that the devs didn't have the time, resources, and/or vision to come up with their own take on it. It's just a hodge-podge of different games with the addition of this "nemesis system" that sounds way too good to be true. If the game comes out and it's amazing, I'll be eating my words, but I'm seriously doubting it.

I hope it is not hype for that game (Like some Ubisoft gameplay demo for some pirate game I saw at E3, I don't remember which game:rolleyes:....)
The lead Writer and game designer is the dude from Red Dead Redemption, so...the game has to be good and not some campy demo hype BS...(I hope)

Shahkulu101
01-23-2014, 09:41 PM
I hope it is not hype for that game (Like some Ubisoft gameplay demo for some pirate game I saw at E3, I don't remember which game:rolleyes:....)
The lead Writer and game designer is the dude from Red Dead Redemption, so...the game has to be good and not some campy demo hype BS...(I hope)

Can I get your input on my above post you seem to have ignored?

Landruner
01-23-2014, 09:48 PM
I wonder why the lead writer and designer of RDR, one of the most acclaimed, self-recognized titles of last generation, would directly plagiarize another series. His own game is a masterpiece - how could he not be confident in his own artistic vision?

@Landrunner Where is your source for this? You were the one who stated the above info.

Sorry I did not ignored I just did not see it!

Christian Cantamessa Lead Designer of Red Dead Redemption Check the name of the dude and you will see.

lothario-da-be
01-23-2014, 09:50 PM
Does this mean we get 3 assassin's creed games next year?

Landruner
01-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Christian Cantamessa Lead Designer of Red Dead Redemption Check the name of the dude and you will see.

Check it is even on WikiPedia LOL!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle-earth:_Shadow_of_Mordor

Chris Cantamessa Lead Writer (Red Dead Redemption) (Manhunt)
Game Designer Michael de Plater (EndWar)

Shahkulu101
01-23-2014, 09:54 PM

Thanks. Aren't you suprised he would steal so many ideas when his own, judging from RDR, seem to be great? I mean it's like he's just plucked all of ACs famous staples and stuck them onto this game.

pacmanate
01-23-2014, 10:00 PM
I think it looks better than any AC game thats been made. The game looks sweet. Its just taken stuff from other games and made them not suck.

Shahkulu101
01-23-2014, 10:01 PM
I think it looks better than any AC game thats been made. The game looks sweet. Its just taken stuff from other games and made them not suck.

That 8 minutes of pre-alpha code totally cements your statement.

lothario-da-be
01-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Remember ac3 pre-alpha?

AssassinHMS
01-23-2014, 10:05 PM
It's definitely a promising game. However, I was hoping for a few things:

A difficulty level - it seems that, just like AC, stealth is nothing more than an option which means there is no real purpose in being stealthy (pain for no gain). If the combat was harder there would be a real reason to be stealthy and the experience would be a lot more tense and exciting;

A horror atmosphere - Heck, an open world horror game with AC's mechanics would be awesome (especially with a challenging combat system). This game seems perfect for it. However, the game seems more focused on casual fun. For example, from what I've seen, there is no real reason to use the power to control an enemy’s mind and force him to attack the target if:
(A.) the back stab isn't that effective;
(B.) the combat isn’t really that challenging.
Like AC, it seems the gameplay is more about having many options and letting the player choose the approach rather than creating a thrilling experience filled with tension and fear.

So yeah, I think this game could really benefit from a harder combat system and a more horror focused gameplay since, along with the whole surrealistic theme, it could really send chills down the spine.

lothario-da-be
01-23-2014, 10:08 PM
It's definitely a promising game. However, I was hoping for a few things:

A difficulty level - it seems that, just like AC, stealth is nothing more than an option which means there is no real purpose in being stealthy (pain for no gain). If the combat was harder there would be a real reason to be stealthy and the experience would be a lot more tense and exciting;

A horror atmosphere - Heck, an open world horror game with AC's mechanics would be awesome (especially with a challenging combat system). This game seems perfect for it. However, the game seems more focused on casual fun. For example, from what I've seen, there is no real reason to use the power to control an enemy’s mind and force him to attack the target if:
(A.) the back stab isn't that effective;
(B.) the combat isn’t really that challenging.
Like AC, it seems the gameplay is more about having many options and letting the player choose the approach rather than creating a thrilling experience filled with tension and fear.

So yeah, I think this game could really benefit from a harder combat system and a more horror focused gameplay since, along with the whole surrealistic theme, it could really send chills down the spine.
Well, maybe this game will have a difficulty level unlike ac.

pacmanate
01-23-2014, 10:09 PM
That 8 minutes of pre-alpha code totally cements your statement.

Combat looks better than AC, it looks more fluid and there seems to be more substance. That and you can incorporate wrath abilities into combos.
The climbing looks great
The graphics look great
The Voice acting seems great
Enemies have levels so they wont all be easy 4 hit kills
The look of the world looks very LoTR

itsamea-mario
01-23-2014, 10:14 PM
It's not a rip off...
It has a similar combat system, but so does Batman, Sleeping dogs and quite a lot of newer games, hell most spiderman games were like that. And to be honest, this combat system looks better than AC's
The way he moves and that dropping kill, how else would you do them?
And then there's the variety of other stuff that's not in AC games.

Anyone who said it's a Rip off is a nincompoop.

SixKeys
01-23-2014, 10:14 PM
I don't care if games borrow elements from other games and then put their own spin and unique design on them. ACR had its version of Tower Defense. The difference is it put its own spin on the concept and modified it to fit the visual look of AC. It makes me sad how many people are praising this game when so much of it is directly lifted from AC, aka stolen. Not an homage, not "inspired by", stolen. Many animations are exactly the same as AC. It's not a case of "well, AC ripped off Batman because they both had detective vision". No. The concepts may be the same, but at least both of those games had their own unique visual approach to the same mechanic and neither directly copied the animations from the other. This game looks like the animators just sat down, watched some YouTube vids of AC gameplay, then traced every single movement and put it in their game. That's called stealing, and I am appalled that a major studio has the balls to do it so blatantly. I'm also very disappointed in Christian Cantamessa for being part of this.

pacmanate
01-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Personally I dont care, it looks fun

Shahkulu101
01-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Combat looks better than AC, it looks more fluid and there seems to be more substance. That and you can incorporate wrath abilities into combos.
The climbing looks great
The graphics look great
The Voice acting seems great
Enemies have levels so they wont all be easy 4 hit kills
The look of the world looks very LoTR

Sure does. Doesn't represent the final product though.

Remember AC3?

itsamea-mario
01-23-2014, 10:23 PM
Lord Of The Rings is better than AC. soooooo

SixKeys
01-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Lol, I remember last year when Disney ripped off AC's naval gameplay in one of their games, people were up in arms about it. This game steals even more directly from AC and "no1curr" because it's LotR. :rolleyes:

lothario-da-be
01-23-2014, 10:30 PM
Lol, I remember last year when Disney ripped off AC's naval gameplay in one of their games, people were up in arms about it. This game steals even more directly from AC and "no1curr" because it's LotR. :rolleyes:
Wel being LOTR is a valid argument for ripping of things :p

Lonnie_Jackson
01-23-2014, 10:34 PM
Those kill animations are so personal! It really does a good job of not taking you out of the gameplay it seems as well. I am excited for the game. Truly going to feel like a bad*** with this game!

Landruner
01-23-2014, 10:36 PM
Thanks. Aren't you suprised he would steal so many ideas when his own, judging from RDR, seem to be great? I mean it's like he's just plucked all of ACs famous staples and stuck them onto this game.

Not really I am not surprised, it seems to be a popular attitude in the video game industry, like it used to be in movie industry 2 or 3 decades ago, and note that the lead designer is a former Ubisoft (even if it is not for AC) - I do not want to play the card in saying that AC3 took a lot of inspiration from RDR neither, perhaps that is a blink to this(?)

Like I wrote above, I do not consider that as some plagiary or ripoff as long as they make it better, Ubisoft will certainly pull up some nice new innovations for not being behind, that is actually very good for the AC series.

LoyalACFan
01-23-2014, 10:38 PM
I don't care if games borrow elements from other games and then put their own spin and unique design on them. ACR had its version of Tower Defense. The difference is it put its own spin on the concept and modified it to fit the visual look of AC. It makes me sad how many people are praising this game when so much of it is directly lifted from AC, aka stolen. Not an homage, not "inspired by", stolen. Many animations are exactly the same as AC. It's not a case of "well, AC ripped off Batman because they both had detective vision". No. The concepts may be the same, but at least both of those games had their own unique visual approach to the same mechanic and neither directly copied the animations from the other. This game looks like the animators just sat down, watched some YouTube vids of AC gameplay, then traced every single movement and put it in their game. That's called stealing, and I am appalled that a major studio has the balls to do it so blatantly. I'm also very disappointed in Christian Cantamessa for being part of this.

I agree with your general point, but Cantamessa was at the helm of one of the greatest and most ambitious games of last gen, so I can't really see him turning around and becoming a ripoff artist of his own accord. This kind of reeks of corporate interference. Arkham Origins proved that WB isn't afraid to capitalize on a successful franchise and drop a rushed turd of a game on us for a quick cash grab, so I can totally see them being OK with "capitalizing on" (ripping off) other franchises too. "Say, those Creed games are doing pretty good... Hey creative team, go make one for us!"

I hope I'm wrong, and the current mechanics/animations are only pre-alpha placeholders, but they're totally lifted from AC, no doubt about it. Not to say that some of the other stuff doesn't look pretty interesting, but I can't support a game that appears to be partially plagiarized. I'll have to keep an eye on it and check for changes in the future.

Landruner
01-23-2014, 10:39 PM

Remember AC3?

Remember the demo of AC4? - The natural blinding from the demo was gone from the final product - Anyway you are right, now the demo tech are better than the final product, so, I agree let be cool and not trying to build some hype - Otherwise it will be funny to see a game that is more Assassin Creed than the Assassin Creed (LOL)

Wolfmeister1010
01-23-2014, 10:50 PM

Remember AC3?

You gotta make up your mind whether you like that game or not lol

Landruner
01-23-2014, 10:51 PM

Well now Ubisoft needs to put effort in a better concept in order of getting a difference with that game and some others as well - You know check around that is a constant happening in the video game industry - Look at Microsoft that took the Wii Interface (Gui) with the avatar concept and took the Wii's motion control with the kinect - Look at Dishonored that took the Thief series concept and now the next Thief took the Dishonored concept. Like someone mentioned above, if the idea are taken for a better exploitation and use, we can't complain about it, we shall certainly do complain and claim to thievery if it is just taken without amelioration comparing to the original.

Shahkulu101
01-23-2014, 10:56 PM
You gotta make up your mind whether you like that game or not lol

I do. It was just dissapointing in so many ways.

Landruner
01-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Well, maybe this game will have a difficulty level unlike ac.

Sure it will, it will be certainly a more Mature game than an AC as well, and not for the same audience than AC is falling into right now. With Cantamassa behind the story (RDR, MANHUNT, and part of GTA/SA) it must be a much more adult and darker approach than any AC.

itsamea-mario
01-23-2014, 11:10 PM
Hey Lotr practically invented fantasy, so many books, movies and games take heavily from Tolkien's works, they're allowed to take a few animations.

SixKeys
01-23-2014, 11:28 PM
Sure it will, it will be certainly a more Mature game than an AC as well, and not for the same audience than AC is falling into right now. With Cantamassa behind the story (RDR, MANHUNT, and part of GTA/SA) it must be a much more adult and darker approach than any AC.

I don't know about that. Plagiarism aside, the game did not look "mature" to me apart from having a bit more graphic gore than AC.

Sabuto78
01-23-2014, 11:48 PM
Dam literally a copy of the AC Franchise loooooooooool. Basically took every mechanic from the franchise and made it better... Good move i guess? It doesn't grab my attention thou.

so meh. Nice share

LoyalACFan
01-24-2014, 12:03 AM
I don't know about that. Plagiarism aside, the game did not look "mature" to me apart from having a bit more graphic gore than AC.

This so much. I'm so sick of people thinking "gruesome and bloody = ZOMG so mature!" Some of the bloodiest sh*t in entertainment is just sleazy, childish crap.

Wolfmeister1010
01-24-2014, 01:12 AM
This so much. I'm so sick of people thinking "gruesome and bloody = ZOMG so mature!" Some of the bloodiest sh*t in entertainment is just sleazy, childish crap.

Agreed.

cjdavies
01-24-2014, 01:59 AM
Lol wonder what ubisoft is thinking right now lol!ubisoft has to definitely pick up the pace and come out fighting with something new and fresh in the AC series or else WB just stole their customers yet again. (First time was with batman)

They didn't steal me, I bought both Batman and Assassins Creed for Xmas:D

From what I said, both in one, please be on the 360.

batman could kinda climb also sooooo

He used Grapple

I don't care who has copied who, I'm playing Dishonored - Bioshock and Deus Ex into one and loving it.

IWGCJoeCool
01-24-2014, 02:14 AM
Assassins Creed - Middle Earth :)

LOVE IT!!!! but that's cuz i wish more games used some iconic AC elements, but that's cuz it's that good.

this game has been on my radar awhile, but nearly forgot about it until this morning when the video popped up on my PS3 YouTube What To Watch. after the intro, and the quick run-through of the enemy archetypes, it took about 15 seconds to "Holy Cr@P!!!, it's Assassins Creed. looked like a good mix of stealth and melee, along with some new trix. Wraith Vision, very kool, very Eagle and Detective...and not pushed i think, i believe the rangers, people like Aragorn, were of some mixed human and elf lineage.

anyway, important points...Open World, yeh, but not Open Middle Earth, Open Mordor maybe, and we'll see if the Tower of Cirith Ungol shows up.

milking of the franchice? or further fictionalization? dunno...there is a ton of Toklien stuff not in the LOTR or The Hobbit. check out The Silmarilion, and if you read it all, yur a better man than i...it had more begats and begots than the Old Testament, and i found it unreadable, though there is a ton of extra detail to launch other sagas with. canon??? i know we all loved the LOTR movies, but there were whole characters and story/sub-stories that didnt make it into the movies...Tom Bombadil, anyone? and now with the Hobbit movies, there are characters in it that dont belong at all. just sayin', there is room.

anyway, i cant wait to play it, and i'll scrape the release day dollars up, without pulling the plug on anything else already on the must-have-list.

JC

and P.S. to my bloody wristed brothers...if you got PS-Plus, check out Brothers - A Tale Of Two Sons worth it for 14.99 US, and definitely worth it for free with Plus.

Landruner
01-24-2014, 02:31 AM

My previous post was based upon the background of the author not really from the demo. Perhaps I am wrong but that is coming from the author of the holy almost banned and sick 2003 Manhunt and legendary RDR So,,,,(?)

Landruner
01-24-2014, 02:45 AM

Eh, eh ,eh!!!:pUuplapla!!! I don't know but if it was addressed to me, the post that Sixkeys replied to (See bellow) about M content and audience was not based about the demo presented (as you could see bellow), but I mentioned mature content for that game because of the background of the author of that game. RDR and Manhunt are mature games for me, as from different authors The Witcher and GTA series.
---------------------------
"Sure it will, it will be certainly a more Mature game than an AC as well, and not for the same audience than AC is falling into right now. With Cantamassa behind the story (RDR, MANHUNT, and part of GTA/SA) it must be a much more adult and darker approach than any AC."

--------------------------

SixKeys
01-24-2014, 04:09 AM
You never know with writers, especially game developers. One of their scripts could be gold because they had a great team to support them (which I believe is the case with RDR) and then they'll produce such crap you can hardly believe it's the same author. Of course, it's entirely possible the game will end up surprising me. I just don't have high hopes considering how much they had to pilfer from AC instead of making something original. Licensed games in general don't have a great reputation, Batman being one of the very few exceptions.

FreeKnowledge
01-24-2014, 05:19 AM
I'm just happy that people have such a interest in this lotr game.let's be honest ubisoft deserves to get ripped off they have been doing it to other ppl and games for year's. AC even thou its a masterpiece franchise was basically a prince of Persia reskin in a open world,then they stole AC basically from its Creator's, AC3 was a rippoff of GUN.ubisoft is just getting a taste of its own medication! Either way I have high Hope's for this lotr game and it looks to me that so does the majority of AC fans too?maybe just maybe they'll do for Lotr what ark did for the batman game franchise, make it awesome!

HiddenKiller612
01-24-2014, 05:20 AM
Looks good to me.

FreeKnowledge
01-24-2014, 06:09 AM
Hmmm I wonder if the ppl from the original batman ark dev team have been working on lotr this whole time,maybe that's why origin was done by a different dev team?Maybe some AC devs went to WB to help on this game as well,WB Montreal is Canadian after all so it could be possible?

TaleraRis
01-24-2014, 06:39 AM
Holy crap, what did they do, find a copy of the code and steal it? This looks like a straight palette swap. He has that same swinging walk as Ezio. He crouches like Ezio and moves while crouching like Ezio. He definitely climbs exactly like Ezio. And even the cords between the buildings are the same style of cord, just with three lines instead of 2. And the air assassination definitely is Ezio.

I hope this is just alpha and they plan on making their own character animations for this gameplay, because this looks like plagiarism to me.

Aphex_Tim
01-24-2014, 07:27 AM
I'm kinda curious to how some of you can say it does things better than AC after watching an 8-minute demo (against a crap-ton of AC games).
I really think you can only judge once the full game is out.

Landruner
01-24-2014, 08:25 AM
I'm just happy that people have such a interest in this lotr game.let's be honest ubisoft deserves to get ripped off they have been doing it to other ppl and games for year's. AC even thou its a masterpiece franchise was basically a prince of Persia reskin in a open world,then they stole AC basically from its Creator's, AC3 was a rippoff of GUN.ubisoft is just getting a taste of its own medication! Either way I have high Hope's for this lotr game and it looks to me that so does the majority of AC fans too?maybe just maybe they'll do for Lotr what ark did for the batman game franchise, make it awesome!

I agree with you - I do not think that Ubisoft needs to be ripped off as you mention, but this series needs to be challenged in some point that are becoming weaker or over used (Assassin Mission Design and fighting system) . Ubisoft needs to know that they are not any longer the new kid in the block in matter of this type of gameplay, and that certainly some other IPs are going to take this way and borrow the same type of gameplay.
I however; do not understand why who wrote that AC3 was a ripoff of GUN (I know GUN and I honestly do not see the similarity with GUN.
RDR will be a closer game to GUN! (Some easy "comparefreaks" could claim that RDR ripped off GUN, but i don't see te point with AC3
i did mention earlier that AC3 was inspired by RDR, but it was mostly for some part (hunting) - Hutchinson did not hide that they took inspiration from RDR, however; AC3 did not get everything right with some QTE for big predators....
i do not consider what i saw from the demo of ME-SofM being a rip-off of AC - Sarcastically I just learn the time period and Location of the next AC5 - it's Mordor in Middle Earth !(LOL!) Thank you WB/ Monolith Prod.

Kirokill
01-24-2014, 08:36 AM
The game looks good, but the environment is dirty. At least this is a demo, and an orc territory.

Landruner
01-24-2014, 08:47 AM
The game looks good, but the environment is dirty. At least this is a demo, and an orc territory.

It is Mordor! So yep Orc's Territory! It is a dark and chaotic open world!
http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/warner-bros/lord-of-the-rings/shadowofmordor/geography/mordor-610.jpg

FreeKnowledge
01-24-2014, 10:11 AM
Oh it stole from gun,where to start,ok how about how they main guy from gun had a native mother and a white father or the hunting or the story about revenge or how his mother a native died or how his father trained him to hunt,the quick time event's fighting animal's. Idk o feel AC 3 was gun reskined,all they did was put assassin's creed mechanics in the game,that's at least how I felt.I see your point thou.

MaceoniK
01-24-2014, 10:12 AM
Looks good, although I dislike the whole epic fantasy shtick... let's hope AC V looks even more impressive.

dxsxhxcx
01-24-2014, 10:30 AM
well, at least (with hope) we'll be able to see AC's combat and other core mechanics being improved somewhere, even if it's not on an AC game... xD

Landruner
01-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Oh it stole from gun,where to start,ok how about how they main guy from gun had a native mother and a white father or the hunting or the story about revenge or how his mother a native died or how his father trained him to hunt,the quick time event's fighting animal's. Idk o feel AC 3 was gun reskined,all they did was put assassin's creed mechanics in the game,that's at least how I felt.I see your point thou.

Nope actually The story of Connor is apparently different and nothing relating to the game GUN - For Connor, they just took reference on the real Charles Lee that married a native and got two children (Boy and Girl) while May was studied the character of Charles Lee for creating the antagonist of Ac3 - They just used that detail from real Charles Lee for Connor's father Haytham Kenway and creating the personage for scenarist purpose, (Based on that fact, I made the speculation yesterday on another thread, that I am sure that the two kids were supposed to be the new heroes for AC3, but Connor' sister turned into another character (Aveline) for their business deal with Sony Vita) "U. Busines.Soft" way LOL!
For the rest of the comparison with GUN, well yes it could be some scenarist similarities, but i do not think they were intentional or stolen from that game. Like i mentioned, they did not hide that they took a lot of inspiration on RDR for a lot of stuff. The same could have said with RDRedemption with GUN and GUN with RDRevolver and RDRevolver rip off of A Fistful of Dollars that was a a rip of Yojimbo ...That is a chain without end for some.

(I am not saying this for you bellow, don't get me wrong)

You know we are leaving a time were people claim some rip off a bit easy for anything alive - I call it "Ripophobia" and call those people are "Ripophobics" or "comparefreaks" lol

Landruner
01-24-2014, 11:00 AM
well, at least (with hope) we'll be able to see AC's combat and other core mechanics being improved somewhere, even if it's not on an AC game... xD

Hopefully, you are right!!! (Lets Hope and let's cross our fingers and pray together that is the case)

FreeKnowledge
01-24-2014, 11:10 AM
Lol ok ok I get your point lol@land

dxsxhxcx
01-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Hopefully, you are right!!! (Lets Hope and let's cross our fingers and pray together that is the case)

that's sad actually... :p

Mr_Shade
01-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Just a reminder...

We have a 3rd party gaming thread - which was set up due to community demand for a place to discuss games from other companies..

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/771736-3rd-Party-Gaming-Discussion-News?highlight=party

I will remind people this is the AC forum - so please either use the ongoing thread, or the game's own forum for discussing games from other companies..

We have had complaints in the past, due to new accounts 'advertising' other companies games, or those using them to attack Ubisoft tiles - however I am sure that was not the reason in this case ;)

But, please do use the dedicated thread.